• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 3,777 Views, 57 Comments

The Awkward Pranks of an Awkward Changeling - PonyThunder



Thorax is keeping residence at Twilight's castle, and Spike has the brilliant idea of using his powers for some "pranks", but things don't quite go exactly as planned...

  • ...
5
 57
 3,777

Where Things Start To Go Too Far

Atmospheric music (you're definitely going to want to click this one :twilightsmile:)


"Are you sure this is really a prank?" said Thorax. He was wearing several fancy items of clothing that Spike had picked out for him. A pair of stylish sunglasses and a fancy hat with a pegasus feather in it.

"Yeah," he replied dismissively. "We've gotta um...make sure you've got everything just right first. Just...keep standing there. You look great."

Well, that feels nice, thought Thorax. It wasn't often he was praised for his looks. In fact, that was the first time somepony had ever told him he looked pretty. He shrugged and followed what Spike had to say.

"Perfect," said Spike as he gave Thorax a fluffy white scarf to wear around his neck. It completely engulfed the upper half of his body. Of course, he was disguised as Rarity. He could only imagine how weird and out of place he'd look if he was wearing all of this clothing as a changeling. He looked into a nearby mirror and admired himself. He did look good.

Apparently, Spike thought so too, because he was staring lovingly up at him. Wow, I'm glad I can make my friend so happy, thought Thorax. He didn't quite understand why Spike was so happy just with disguising himself as Rarity, but he seemed so content that he didn't bother asking. Spike was his best friend, after all. He would do anything to make him happy.

Spike raised a claw as if to say something, then put it down and pondered for a few moments and opened his mouth to speak. "Hey...so...how does the whole feeding off love thing work for changelings, anyways?"

That seemed like a random question to ask, Thorax realized. Regardless, he answered, still keeping Rarity's persona and mannerisms. He found that once he was disguised as somepony, it was almost impossible not to talk like them as well. "Well, there are a few ways. I'm still learning all that can be done through friendship, since I'm kind of the pioneer of it for my entire race and all."

"Go on," Spike replied dreamily.

"Well, one way is just by being around friends," he continued as Rarity. "I often feel my hunger become satiated when I'm around you."

Spike felt a shiver go down his spine and replied. "Are there...any other ways? To feed off the love of one another?"

Wow, I'm so honored. He really seems to be interested in the lore of my kind, thought Thorax. "Well, there's also the love that the queen gives to her minions. It's sort of a...what would you ponies call it...tough love?"

"Oh? What's that?" Spike inquired.

"Well," he continued, putting a hoof to his face dramatically as Rarity would do so, "it's sort of complicated. Probably best not to go into details for the sake of...time."

"Any more ways?" He continued inquiring, subconsciously inching closer.

"Well, there is one more," Thorax replied in Rarity's delicately enunciated voice, "but it's pretty rare. I'm not sure how familiar you are with hive-based races and their means of...continued advancement as a species...are there any other insectoid races in Equestria?"

Spike shrugged innocently, being completely unaware of what Thorax was talking about in particular.

"Well, anyways...it's a special kind of love that only the queen does once a year or so. She goes down into her hive to a special room, and then all of the stronger, more capable changelings go with her, and then--"

Suddenly, Starlight Glimmer walked into the room. "Hey, how's it...going..." her voice trailed off as she noticed Rarity standing alone with Spike.

"Uh, hi Starlight," said Spike.

"Hi, Spike. Hi...Rarity. What are you two doing in Thorax's room?"

"Oh, just chatting," Spike replied.

Starlight Glimmer looked suspicious.

"We're just talking about...things..."

Starlight sighed. Rarity was probably giving him another talking to about his tendency to be a little too affectionate from time to time. The usual. Although, it did seem strange for what she was wearing. She looked like she'd been dressed by somepony not at all in tune with fashion. But, she dismissed it on the fact that Rarity was always aware of the next "big thing" in the fashion world.

"Well...you two go on I guess. I'll be...far away..." Starlight continued down the hallway, her hoofsteps gradually echoing softer and softer until they no longer heard them.

Thorax seemed giddy. "Did you see that? I was perfect!" he said in Rarity's voice.

"Yeah, good job," said Spike. "Now what were you saying about that thing earlier?"

"Oh," Thorax continued, "the queen goes into a special room and..."

The sounds of birds chirping and bees buzzing can be heard outside the window. A meadowlark lands atop a tree branch and pecks at a few twigs for its nest. A rival meadowlark, however, swoops in and steals the twig for itself, flying away in the other direction. The first meadowlark takes off in hot pursuit against the thief and they fly erratically about through the air, pecking and screeching at each other for a solid minute or so until one is defeated and flies away in injured disgrace. The other meadowlark returns to the tree branch and happily goes back to business as usual.

"...so that's what happens," Thorax concluded.

"Uhh," said Spike, looking a bit queasy. Suddenly, he no longer felt like continuing this "prank" anymore.

"Life sure is a beautiful thing," Thorax replied.

Spike ran to the window sill and puked his guts out.

Oh no, thought Thorax, what did I do wrong? "What's wrong, Spikey?" he asked in Rarity's most endearing tone. Thorax was surprising himself at the caliber of his improv. It felt almost natural.

Spike apparently overcame his nausea after hearing it, as well. "Say that again?" Spike replied.

"What's wrong?" He repeated, this time as if to ask if that was what he was supposed to repeat in Rarity's voice.

"No, the last part."

"Spikey?"

More shivers. "Now rhyme it with something."

"...Spikey...wikey?"

Even more shivers.

I'm an acting professional, Thorax thought proudly to himself. "Am I doing a good job?" he inquired. To this point, he had still kept Rarity's voice, and didn't intend on stopping.

"Yeah," said Spike as he sighed. "You're a perfect Rarity."

He smiled and giggled in her voice.

"There's just one more thing...that Rarity does...that would make your impersonation perfect..."

"What's that?"

Spike began to blush. "Well, there's this...thing...that she always does when we talk. She, um...kisses me on the cheek. Every time. A lot."

"Really? I haven't ever seen her, er, me, do that to you."

"You haven't known her for that long," Spike covered his bluff.

"Oh," Thorax continued innocently. That certainly sounded like a reasonable explanation. At this point, he was completely enthralled with nailing the perfect impersonation of Rarity anyways. So he felt no qualms with what was being requested. Besides, Spike was his friend. He probably wanted him to succeed just as much as he did.

Thorax did as instructed and moved closer to spike, his white fluffy scarf pressing up against his scaly body. Spike felt Rarity's warmth radiate over him as her nose delicately pressed against his upper cheek, followed by a soft, warm kiss. Thorax pulled back and waited expectantly. He wasn't exactly sure how it was supposed to be done, but judging by Spike's reaction, it was executed correctly. Spike stood solid for several seconds before melting downwards to the ground, breathing the biggest sigh of contentment that could ever be breathed.

"Perfect....Rarity....." Spike mumbled from the floor as he stared upwards.

"Um..." said Starlight Glimmer from the doorway. "I was just coming back to my room to grab some things..."

"How long have you been there?" asked Spike, still laying on the floor and looking towards the open door.

"Long enough," said Starlight.

"Look," said Spike as he got to his claws, "it's not like it looks, we're just pretend--"

"Stop," said Starlight. "Don't say anything more. I get it. You two have a...thing...or something. Whatever. It's none of my business."

Oh, no wonder! Thorax thought to himself. Rarity and Spike are a couple! Duh! "Yep, me and Spikey Wikey here are together," he replied as Rarity, pulling Spike towards his side.

Spike gasped. "No, we're not--"

"Like I said..." continued Starlight, "...whatever. It's your thing, not anypony else's. It's weird, but it's your business. I mean, Spike is how old? And you're...older...and also a completely different species..." Starlight gagged ever so slightly. "...I'm just going to stop talking now and pretend this never happened."

"Okay," Thorax replied. "Thank you so much darling, for being respectful."

Spike smacked his forehead.

"...Yeah...no problem," she replied flatly and left the doorway trying to stifle her gag reflex as she entered her own room.

Spike, still recovering from what just transpired, decided that these pranks had come much too far and opened his mouth to speak to Thorax, but they heard Twilight coming from the other end of the hall.

Sheesh, can a dragon get some privacy? thought Spike. I wish we could install locks on the doors or something... "Thorax, lose the disguise!" he whispered. Thorax immediately reverted back to a changeling, just in time for when Twilight came to the doorway to see Spike and Thorax standing awkwardly in the middle of the room. Thorax was wearing a fancy hat, sunglasses and a fuzzy white scarf.

Twilight walked past the door, and then returned to it to glance at what she thought she'd seen. "Um..."

"We're putting on a play," Spike blurted instantly.

"Okay..." Twilight replied, not bothering to inquire any further after deciding she didn't want to know the real reason. "Well, we're having a get-together right now. Applejack just came by to tell me."

"Okay, sounds good," Spike replied. "We're coming."

Thorax was playing with his scarf.






...

Author's Note:

I hope I didn't go too far with this chapter. I just couldn't help myself from exploring this...possibility. Hopefully everybody can appreciate it for the sake of comedy :twilightblush: