• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 2,215 Views, 77 Comments

Rainbows and love letters - Flat spin



Sequel to Rainbows and jealousy. Soarin and Rainbow Dash could finaly start their new life together. But then world politics and a possibility of war gets in the way of their love

  • ...
5
 77
 2,215

Chapter 8 Letters filled with love

MLP: FiM
Rainbows and love letters
By: flat spin


”So… The room for my guys is where?” Soarin asked Spin who was laughing at Nimble who was still vomiting.

“Six doors that way. Soarin. your coming with me so I can show you to our room.” Soin said and walked out of the Wardog squads room.

“Ok guys you heard him. get settled and sleep well.” Soarin said and the three other wonderbolts started walking towards their room.

“So everything good with Dash?” Spin asked as they walked to their room.

“Yeah… she is worried about me but I have to do this.” Soarin said and Spin opened a door to a small room that had a writing desk two closets and a bunk bed.

“Bottom bunk is mine.” Spin said and laid down. “I suggest you get some sleep now that we can.”

“Yeah I will I just gotta write Dash first.” Soarin said and sat down to the desk to write a letter.


To my dearest Dash.

Today I arrived at the Dawnbreaker with The streak twins and Fleetfoot. You wouldn’t believe how huge this ship is. Anyway I finally met Spin’s squad and that surely was an experience… Spin and his guys are quite something… I’m sure I will get to know them better when time moves on. I’m sheering a room with Spin and he’s actually sleeping right now as I’m writing to you… I already miss you. your magenta eyes and rainbow mane… gosh I love you so much. And by the way don’t worry me and my squad is doing petrals with Spin squad. so I don’t think there is any real danger… I will be back home in no time. please Dash write me back. I’m in the EQS Dawnbreaker room 201. just please write me… I want to know what you are thinking and how are things going… Anyway I have to go to sleep now just know that I love you Dash.

With love your Soarin.


Soarin finished the letter and walked to his bed above Spin’s. He thought about the mare that was waiting him at home before closing his eyes and falling asleep.


“Hey Soarin it’s time to wake up and stand up.” Spin said and soon Soarin opened his eyes and got down from his top bunk.

“Hey Spin… where do I throw the off going mail?”

“Just give it to me. The mail ponies will take it back to the main land. Sunshine avenue 13… already writing to her?”

“Yeah…” Soarin said.

“Well… suit up and let’s get going we got a squad meeting in 30 minutes.” Spin said and stated to put on his flight suit. it wasn’t clean rubber like the wonderbolt uniform. but instead it was heavy armour patted tan flight suit. it had clearly seen better days and it was full of holes and cuts.


“Good morning Wardog and greenhorns.” Spin said as he walked in to the meeting room with Soarin.

“Well what’s the order for today?” Blade said and looked at Spin.

“Today will be flying to the town of Gallopshyki. it’s a small town right here fifty kilometres from the coast. Our orders are to fly there and drop
some bombs on the weather factory there. The plan is to bomb all enemy weather factories so that they cannot slow us down with storms and rain.” Spin said and pointed at the map that was laying on the table.

“What equipment are we taking up with us?” Nimble asked.

“The greenhorns will all take the 50.cal machine guns loaded with tracer ammo for air targets and the standard air to air missiles. the wonderbolts will be flying air cover for us four. Me, Nimble and Blade will take the 20.mm cannons loaded with armour piercing ammo for ground targets and some air to ground missiles. And Turbulence will take the 100kg magic fortress buster bomb. three of us will take you any possible ground units and Turpster will take care of the weather factory.” Spin told to them.

“We'll take off within an hour so get ready. I don’t expect there to be any Saddle Arabian flyers but the flak is going to be deadly. Dismissed.” Spin said and walked off the room. soon the Wardog squadron followed him and the wonderbolts were left in the room.

“So Soarin… we will follow his commands?” Fire asked Soarin.

“Yes. we’ll be flying air cover for them.” Soarin said to him.

“Ok… I guess we should go and pick up the missiles and machine guns.” Lighting said.

“Yeah let’s go.” Soarin said and started to walk towards the ships armoury. They soon got their gear and walked up to the deck where Wardog squadron was waiting.

“Ok you guys ready to go?” Spin asked the ‘bolts and they nodded back.

“Good you will take off in pairs Fleetfoot you are going up with Nimble, Fire your pair is Blade and Turps is going with Lightning. Spin told them. “Soarin you are flying with me and we are up first.”

“Ok…” Soarin said and him and Spin walked up to the acceleration catapults. The deck crew tied their hoofs to the catapult and the catapult launched them off the deck quckly. Soarin had never before done this and the quick acceleration was a surprise but he got control of his flight quickly and flew up to Spin.

“Well that went better than I expected.” Spin said and chuckled as they flew in a large oval around the carrier waiting for the rest of the wanderbolts and Wardog members to get airborne. once they were all airborne and flying in an arrow formation Spin said to them.

“OK. follow me and remember what is your job. Greenhorns you are flying air supremacy. and Turps you’re blowing up the weather factory. rest of us will take care of possible hostiles on the ground… everything clear?” Spin asked them.

“Yes sir.” They responded in unison.


“Anyway I have to go to sleep now just know that I love you Dash.

With love your Soarin.” Dash finished reading Soarin’s letter and put it on the living room table.

“Oh Soarin…” Dash said to herself and looked around the house that they had just bought. She had made it look more like a home than just a house. But she knew that the house wouldn’t feel like a home if there wouldn’t be memories in it. She took the letter and put a picture frame around it and put it on the library room’s wall. The library was mostly empty. two of the walls were taken up by bookshelfs and one by the huge windows. there was also a couch and a small table in the room. Dash put the framed letter to the wall opposite of the windows and looked at it. She took some paper and a pen and started writing…


To my love.

Soarin thank you for writing me it meant a lot. I have made the house look more like a home for us. I hope that you will be back to see it in no time. I’m gonna pick up Scootaloo tomorrow and show her new room to her. This house is gonna be soon filled with good memories. Soarin. I have been thinking a lot about you… I’m worried… I know that you brother will protect you but still. I love you and I don’t want to lose you… I already once almost lost you and it was my fault… I love you from the bottom of my heart…

From your super extra special somepony Rainbow Dash.


Author's Note:

i decided to finally make some sort of visual representation for Spin.

have a nice day :twilightsmile: and next chapter will be up tomorrow.