• Published 27th Aug 2016
  • 568 Views, 10 Comments

I Will Find You - Hazel_Hester777



Some scars are too deep to heal

  • ...
2
 10
 568

A Little Ways Down the Road

Fluttershout just sat there, before she started to remember various events that happened beginning to end from last year that one fateful night ago.

________________________________________

Fluttershout woke up with a happy smile across her face. Just beside her was her lover, Creepigie, still asleep. She was quite still tired from, well, what happened last night. She felt like she could just stare at her lover all day long until he woke up, but she felt something. It was discomfort in her throat, like she was gonna be sick. Putting a hoof over her mouth, she bolted for the bathroom.

She threw up for a good one hour, without Creepigie even waking up, before it finally stopped. She wasn’t really sure what was going on. She placed a hoof over her stomach, to feel some small movement. Her eyes shot open at that. She wasn’t sure, but she had to check. Getting up, she rummaged through the cabinet and found what she was looking for: a Pregnancy Test she found from one of her Hunts. She decided to keep it just in case if things like this would happen, and now was a good time.

After a while, she looked and saw the results came out. What she saw made her eyes wide open, and her jaw dropped. She screamed, unaware that it caused Creepigie to wake up with a boost from how loud she was.

He ran as fast as he could to her side, slamming the door open. “Fluttershout, dear, what’s wrong?”

She didn’t answer, but finally stopped screaming. She merely turned around, the Pregnancy Test in her hooves. She passed it to Creepigie, who looked at the result.

It read “Positive”

Creepigie’s jaw dropped as he fainted, leaving a worried Fluttershout in the bathroom.

Later, when Creepigie regained consciousness, he and Fluttershout went down to the living room to talk it over. Creepigie kinda liked the idea of being a dad, since his brother already was, but he needed Fluttershout’s choice.

“So, what do you think?” Fluttershout asked, looking down.

“Well, did you ever want to be a mom?”

Fluttershout felt the slight movement in her belly again. She smiled a bit from it. “Yeah, I guess. What about you?”

“Well, I kinda like the thought of being a dad”

________________________________________

Fluttershout just remembered that bit of happiness, but it would’ve lasted longer if everything went well. She was gonna be a mother, if that wasn’t taken from her. She also recalled a memory about the child’s future.

________________________________________

“Hey, Cree” Fluttershout called to her lover. She was lying on the couch as Creepigie was about to exit the room. It had been two months since they found out she was pregnant, and Flutterwolf decided to be the midwife when the birth starts. They didn’t tell Endario yet, as they wanted it to be surprise when the child was out. Creepigie often left to the Hunts, leaving Fluttershout with Flutterwolf. Flutterwolf decided to do an old ritual she hid that determines an unborn child’s gender.

“I discovered something today” Fluttershout said, looking at her belly before finishing. “I think it’s a girl”

Creepigie nodded slowly before he smiled.

Meanwhile, the Monster Hunters had just recently captured Flutterwolf. They heard about the fact that she’s not only a midwife, but she may know something about the destiny of an unborn Freak child. They managed to strap Flutterwolf down to a device that shows memories. Flutterwolf struggled in pain as they managed to watch on the screen what she saw earlier.

On the screen were Flutterwolf and Fluttershout in the living room. Fluttershout was lying on the couch while Flutterwolf was dangling a pendant over the Freak’s belly. This was part of the ritual that will determine the gender of the child.

“I think it’s a girl” Flutterwolf said, stealing a smile from Fluttershout. “Wait” she said after noticing something.

“What?” Fluttershout asked.

Flutterwolf stared at the pendant, before she began to chant and her eyes turned white with her head turned back.

The next day, Flutterwolf was saved. She was in the living room again with Creepigie and Fluttershout. They were thankful to Brutalight for saving their midwife, as they were no match for her abilities. Flutterwolf did confess the reason why the Hunters captured her was because she had a vision about the foal.

“How is this vision interpreted?” Creepigie asked.

Flutterwolf looked down. “Your child will bring death to all Hunters”

Creepigie beamed a bit while Fluttershout was in shock. “Ah, I grew fonder of this child by the minute” he said.

Fluttershout frowned. “It’s like saying the child’s a beast”

________________________________________

The child will bring death to all Hunters, Fluttershout thought. That would be sweet. I owe it to Brutalight that she was able to save Flutterwolf, despite their differences.

That was also the time and point when Brutalight found out about the pregnancy. She was happy for Fluttershout, especially since there would be another crazed Freak roaming the night. She promised to protect them and the child in the best way she could.

________________________________________

Creepigie noticed Fluttershout drawing something on the paper. He glanced further to see it was a sketch of Brutalight’s cutie mark.

“Brutalight has a solid stone heart, and yet she protects us” he said, making Fluttershout glance to him. “How was she when she found out?”

Fluttershout looked down to remember. “She was kind to me”

Creepigie was surprised; Brutalight was hard to see in that trait. Fluttershout got up as she felt movement again in her belly.

“How’s our youngest Freak coming?” Creepigie asked with a smile.

“Do you want to?” Fluttershout gestured. Creepigie flinched a bit. Fluttershout chuckled, “Come on”

Creepigie went closer, and put his hoof over the swollen stomach of Fluttershout. He suddenly felt the child inside kick. Fluttershout giggled, “Feel that?”

“She’s strong”

________________________________________

Fluttershout knew that was a good memory, too bad the others weren’t so much the same. She then recalled the time when Brutalight snapped a Hunter’s neck because they tried to cause Fluttershout to miscarriage.

________________________________________

“That child will bring death to us” the Hunter said as Brutalight grabbed him by the neck.

“Nopony hurts my friends and lives” she said before she snapped the Hunter’s neck. She looked back to Fluttershout and Creepigie, who watched in awe. She nodded.

________________________________________

Fluttershout knew that was fun. But the next memory was the one that caused her to become what she was now: the night the child was born

Or, rather, reborn.

________________________________________

Fluttershout and Creepigie were in the cemetery of every Freak’s rebirth. She suddenly felt pain in her stomach; she suddenly noticed her hinds were suddenly wet. Creepigie didn’t have any time to get her to a hospital or call Flutterwolf. He did learn about childbirth, and now was a good time. After a while of labor, what came out was a small, still body, and a spirit came out too. The spirit glared at Creepigie, before heading to an unsuspecting bystander. They didn’t see who it was, but she was a little orange. It was all blur when the spirit merged with the bystander.

Creepigie walked over to the area, and managed to carry a small ball of black and white. “It’s a girl”

Fluttershout panted. “A girl?”

Creepigie nodded.

“Please, can I hold her?”

Creepigie didn’t do so. “No, what I am gonna do is leave you here alone. The child is mine!”

Before Shouty could react, Creepigie stabbed her in the chest with a knife. She didn’t expect it as she coughed up blood. “Cree…why?”

“We’re over, Fluttershout” he said before running off with the child in bundle.

Fluttershout could only watch as she was left alone to bleed, before she finally passed out.

________________________________________

Fluttershout glared and began to cry from both anger and sadness. That was why she got all bitter, Creepigie didn’t just break up with her, and he tried to kill her so he can have the child all to himself. Fluttershout swore that, one day, she will find him, and take back the child she lost. She didn’t like the break up, but the child was all on her mind. She was a mother who lost her child. That left a scar in Fluttershout, metaphorically and literally, and was too deep to heal.