• Published 23rd Aug 2016
  • 835 Views, 374 Comments

The Pony Dreadfuls - No one is home



A series of stories about ponies. Dreadful in both subject and quality. Enjoy :)

  • ...
8
 374
 835

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 17: Missing Reels

Very vague spoilers for the season finale. You were warned.

“Wait, so Scootaloo IS Rainbow Dash? Daring Dash is a self insert story?” Inkwell blinked in confusion.

“No, dude, Scoots is a 13 year old filly and somepony really should have have put a stop to this. Mind you I’m not arguing. I’m totally awesome and I totally ship with Dashie.” The human named Jake proclaimed with confidence.

“Jake, can we stay on topic.” The cyan mare in question rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“Wow, Mister Inkwell, your old.” A cute little orange filly announced without preamble.

-=-=-=-=-

“It’s over Pic, I failed,” Orange Pip secured the cord around his fetlock.

“Pip, the case isn’t closed, it’s just… ” Pic argued uselessly.

“It’s over. The underground has closed ranks. If my sources are to be believed at all the Nopony himself is involved. This comes from higher up. The Bitch-Queen herself is planning something. We. Have. Nothing.” Pip casually inserted the needle into his vein and squeezed. “We’ve lost Picture, dear. How much of Canterlot has already been replaced? Who are we going to take are findings to if we have any?”

“I just can’t believe there’s no hope at all.” Picture Perfect turned away as her one true love injected one more piece of suicide.

-=-=-=-=-

“It’s going dark, Fast, he’s out there. He’s out there and I can’t stop him.” A giant pony-shaped beast heaved beneath his cloak. “I’m useless. I’m useless to you, I’m useless to the hive. I’m useless to Diane, and Z, and Carrot. Without Surprise…”

“She never gave up on you, even when we all thought you were dead.” The Princess of Changelings laid a forehoof over the beast’s withers. “She never gave up on this world, no matter how much it took from her, she took it back. She reached down the maw of the beast and she pulled out what she loved.”

“I know.” The beast sighed heavily. “But I’m not as strong as her.”

“It’s alright Train Wreck,” Fast Change said soothingly, “Nopony is asking you to save equestria from a nightmare changeling. For all we know, the Nopony is gone for good. You drained him of his magic until he was forced to reveal his true form and faded from existence.”

“I see him in my dreams now.” The giant confessed. “We’re inseparably linked. I can’t explain it, but me and that… thing… that came out of my doppelgangers mind…”

“Have you tried going to the other royals for help? I know for a fact Luna wouldn’t turn you away. She asks about you every time we have a meeting. Or Silver, he’s the only pony still live who saw the world that the Nopony and Surprise…”

“No.” The beast pulled clear of the princess and turned away. “Don’t talk about him like he was her friend. After the way they treated Surprise…”

“She forgave them. And she’d want you to forgive them to, and you know it.” The changeling took a stern tone, scolding the monster. “And while you're at it you need to give up this stupid jealousy.”

“I’m not jealous, dammit! Silver Watch is simply insufferable, and his wife is judgemental whorse!” The slap reverberated through the room and came with enough force to sting through even his dense hide.

“Those are ponies I happen to Love Train Wreck Pastel!” The Crimson Changeling Princess fumed with rage. “You’re bitter about how Night treated Surprise. That’s understandable, but there were two sides to that story. But you know that don’t you?”

“Yeah, I guess I do.” Train wreck pastel sulked, fighting his urge to unleash his snakes in his anger. “Because it’s not like I was really her first choice is it? That was a damned ghost. I wasn’t even her second choice. That was your golden pony prince. Shit, how could I blame her, who in their right mind would choose an abomination like me, if they had that choice.”

His glance said the unspoken words, “You wouldn’t.” as he stalked out of the Princess’s throne room.

“Yeah, because you’re totally not jealous.” Fast Change heaved a sad, angry sigh. “Dammit, Surprise, how am I supposed to deal with this? How did you do this? How the hell does a giant monster have self-confidence issues anyway?”

-=-=-=-=-

“I should kill you right now,” Queen Chrysalis fumed in rage. “How dare you come back here!”

“If you could kill me Chrissy, I’d have been dead for a long time now.” Iam Noone’s greasy smile spread from ear to ear. “Maybe when I brought back your favorite brood queen? Or maybe when I left with her. Green really is your color, darling. You're just SO jelly, and you can’t even see it. All those drones. And not one of them will give you an ounce of love.”

“SHUT UP!” The evil queen raged helplessly.

“And what if they did? All your children just gave you all that love all at once... “ The Nopony grinned maliciously. “It would break you down, and you would just be so small. I understand, Chrissy, it’s the only thing that keeps me alive when we have these little talks. Because who else could possibly understand your pain. What you want so much will break you. I’m a parent too you know.”

“What do you want, Noone?” Chrysalis spat in disgust.

“I want to give you what you want, Chrissy. All I need from you is one simple act of vengeance. Just sleep on it and send a drone or something. I’ll show myself out.” The living nightmare flickered for a fraction of a moment, and then simply wasn’t there.

Author's Note:

The title is a reference to one of my fave movies, Planet Terror. Imagine this chapter as broken clips from the movie. :pinkiecrazy:

PreviousChapters Next