• Published 16th Jul 2012
  • 1,846 Views, 28 Comments

Saving Their Souls - Clever Name



A nameless human and his two friends save Equestria.

  • ...
7
 28
 1,846

10: Storm

There Joe, I finally finished it. Now stop your whining.

Everyone else I'm sorry I took so long, I have no excuse. I just got really lazy, but it's here now!


I finished putting in my numerous requests to the Princesses, they had been reluctant at first but I assured them that I would need every advantage to kill every man from both armies with our small force. The moon was still in the sky when I had woken everybody up and told them the plan Mentor and I had just spent the past four hours working on. I had little to work with in little time, I had argued with Dagger over who would fight. He suggested that literally everybody should be fighting but I didn't want little kids or elderly to be slaughtered. We went back and forth until he convinced me that two years of training everyone would pay off here, I only told them that they had a choice.

Of course they would all choose to fight. That made it only eight hundred and sixty two fighters, there was at least three times as many Champions before the Bloodbath - Another reason to hand over Bulls-eye to Dagger when I find him - There was also twelve Bears, twenty Lions, eighteen Tigers, and thirty Wolves. I had barley dented the Nomads and Hunters when I attacked, I had guessed they had around four thousand soldiers each by now. Perfect odds for a Champion.

I had to split the Champions into three groups, my group had almost half of them, Dagger had the other half of them following him, and Charlette was with four others on a special task.

Before I stepped in front of everyone Dagger pulled me back. He removed his helmet, which was similar to mine in shape but he had a rectangular cut for his eyes instead of a mirror and added a long blade running from between his eyes to the back of his helmet, complete with a monster mouth with sharp teeth barred. I gave him a confused look and he took off his helmet and smiled. "Thank you, for everything. I had this and I know that you would want it." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, folded, photograph, he handed it to me and I unfolded it. All it took was a glance before I recognized it instantly. It was a picture of me and Miranda, taken the day she had become leader.

***

She draped her arms around my neck. "Please?" She asked.

I sighed. "Okay, but just one picture. I don't want to be here all day."

She flashed me a grin. "I'm the leader now remember? You get to do whatever I want."

I raised an eyebrow. "That so?" She rocked on her feet while suppressing a giggle and nodded. "Well then I guess I have no choice."

She did a small cheer and called over my friend. "Hey Dagger! Could you take a picture of us real quick please?"

He walked over with a chuckle. "Anything for you two lovebirds."

I glared at him and he laughed again. Holding up the camera he told us to look pretty and smile. My annoyance was washed away as Miranda kissed me on the cheek. "Don't blink." She reminded me.

***

She looked better than I remembered in the picture. She had he head rested on my shoulder with a content smile, I had an arm around her and a cocky grin. Her long, curly brown hair fell behind her shoulders and her deep blue eyes were only just open. It had been a long day for her. We never had any uniforms or stupid dress codes so she had on a gray hoodie of mine that was a size or two too big for her with simple jeans. I on the other hand was wearing my armor, a heavy vest like everyone else and a tight black t-shirt under it. Ironically enough, the same thing I was wearing now.

I smiled. "Thank you Dagger, it's good to see her again." He gave me a sympathetic nod and walked to where the rest of the Champions had gathered. I looked at the picture one last time before I folded it back up and tucked it under my armor, resting it on my heart. What can I say? I'm a hopeless romantic.

Now I stood in front of them, all of them looking up at me expectantly. I guess this is the part where I give them some heart warming and inspirational speech, let's see what I can make up.

I took a deep breath. "Today we go into this forest and fight those that we hate the most. Before we do I want you to know why we're doing this, this isn't just simple revenge. This is stopping an evil, this is protecting those who can't fight, this is how we tell them we're angry." A few cheers came from the crowd. "I want you to know how important you are, we are the only ones here, we are the fighters, we are the ones that have been kicked down for showing our teeth only to bite them in the ass!" They cheered again, this time a little louder. "Today we will show them just how hard we bite, today we stop them from doing anymore harm, today is the day the Nomads and the Hunters fight their last battle!" They cheered even louder this time. "This will be the last time we fight these excuses for a Clan, this is the last time anyone will ever here of a Nomad or a Hunter!" They were all cheering now. "We have all held a grudge against the Nomads and Hunters for a long time now, and now we have the chance to show them just how pissed off we are. Not matter who dies today two things will never change" I flashed my toothy grin. "This will be their final battle, and you will always be Champions!" They erupted into loud roars and hearty cheers, shouting just how they planned on finally getting revenge on the ones that ruined their lives for two years.

"Yeah! I'll tear out their hearts with my bare hands!"

"I'll gut them!"

"I'll cut them into pieces!"

"I'll crack their skulls like eggs!"

"I'll crush them under my boot!"

"I'll rip out Bulls-Eye's stomach and feed it to him!"

A roar of thunder was heard just above us and we looked up to see a massive thunder storm. Good, the Princesses are doing what I asked. The storm will provide us with cover until we strike. I saw the flock of Pegasi push the storm towards the Everfree and fly off.

I shouted one last time as I bonded with Mentor and we were hammered by the rain. "NOW CHAMPIONS! WE WIPE OUR ENEMIES FROM MEMORY!" They all cheered and ran to where they were I told them to go. I grinned and put my helmet on, this was going to be one hell of a fight.


Rainbow Dash landed on the large balcony of Canterlot Castle next to the Princess. "Okay, the storm is on it's way. What next?"

Twilight Sparkle emerged from the door way and stepped onto the balcony. "Let's see here... After the storm he needs the sun raised early." She looked to her mentor expectantly.

Celestia looked off into the distance. The sun wasn't due to rise for another hour and a half, not once had she failed to raise it on time - excluding the Nightmare Moon incident - Yet here was this Human, saving her land selflessly, and all he needed was a little sunlight earlier than usual.

The Princess came to a decision and smiled. "I see nothing wrong with everypony getting up a little earlier."

Her student smiled as she flew to raise the sun and went back to the list.


Bulls-Eye looked at the sky. "There's a storm coming."

Shadow waved it off. "Bah, what's a little rain going to do? Besides, we got an island to take over."

His partner nodded. "Right, right. Guess that dog finally learned his place and ran away."

Shadow patted him on the back. "Don't you fret, we can just torture those cartoons instead. We'll save that Pegasus of his for last."

Bulls-Eye grinned at the idea. "Then we better get going." He turned to the massive army. "Alright everyone! Lets go get us some sunshine!"

They all yelled happily in return, ready to conquer this new land. Not knowing what they were walking into.


Dagger and half the other Champions raced through the forest, they had to get in front of the others if this plan was going to work. They had been given a minute head start but that was it, they were a large force and they had to move quickly. Just because they had the storm to cover them didn't mean that they knew where they were going.


Charlette followed the two lead Champions while two others flanked her, she wasn't much of a fighter so she needed protection. But they had to hurry, the entire battle was counting on her.


I tore through the forest with half my Clan in tow, we had to move fast and intercept them as soon as possible. The further we kept this battle from anypony the better. The more I thought about it the more it mattered, everyone and everypony that knew what a Hunter or Nomad was is in danger. Who knows what they planned on doing to those defenseless Ponies, this wasn't just for Miranda - although she did play a big part in my motivation - this was for anyone that held the name Champion. I had to stop them, I had to.


Rain was pouring into the forest, making everything slippery and slowing down the army entirely. Not only that but it was dark out, the storm was very effective..

Thunder sounded above the two Clan leaders and lightning flashed. "Hey, shouldn't the sun be up?!" Shadow shouted above the storm.

"Dunno, the storm is probably blocking any sunlight!" Bulls-Eye shouted back.

"You think this is Nameless?"

"I... I hope not."


If Dagger could speak he would have yelled in frustration. He was lost, for his part it was a massive uncharted forest, but that's not what mattered. What mattered was that he was failing his Clan, he needed to figure out where he was he needed some beacon some... Something like that.


Rainbow Dash and a few other brave Pegasi were listening to Celestia and Luna's voices in their heads as they flew above the worst storm in Equestria ever made.

"Ten feet to your left."

Rainbow Dash moved as she was told, when she was positioned just right she held her hooves above her head and waited.

"...Now!"

She slammed her hooves into the cloud and a small hole was made, not large enough for anything to travel through for that wasn't it's purpose. It's purpose was to light the way for the Champions.


Dagger spotted another beam of light and ran for it, just before he reached it the beam would vanish and another would appear a ways away. He would chase after it and the process would repeat. Not knowing if it was right or what was driving him, he just knew that it was leading him to his brothers killer.


I spotted the next beam of light and tore after it, we had to be close by now. "Luna." Was all I muttered under my breath.

"Almost there, another two miles." She answered in my head.

I grinned as I felt another surge of energy and raced to protect Equestria.


Celestia walked up to her most faithful student. "Okay, the Pegasi are almost done leading the Champions. What's next?"

Twilight checked the little box and put the quill behind her ear. "Next we have to... Princess?"

Celestia took another step and looked over Twilight's shoulder to see the next task. When she saw it her heart sank. She read the last line aloud. "No matter who wins this battle please take good care of Miranda and Eddie." She held her head high and smiled. She really did have the Human all wrong, he only helped others and never himself. She would carry out his unspoken request, she would remember this nameless Human for the rest of her eternal life.


Bulls-Eye was pissed off to say the least, nothing was going as he planned. He was so sure that so called 'Living Nightmare' would at least try to stop him. But nooooo he just had to be a little bitch and run away. Now he was stuck in this damn forest in this damn storm and his damn feet were damn killing him! He was so pissed he might just...

A beam of light appeared, illuminating a single figure. "What's that?" Shadow asked, even if he already knew the answer.


I stood under the beam of light in the large opening. We had been lucky enough to meet the army where there was little growth and only tall trees around us. I grinned as I saw Shadow and Bulls-Eye stunned in front of there enormous army. I put my lips together and gave a loud, sharp whistle, the Champions behind me raced through the darkness.


Dagger perked up as he heard the signal. He looked behind him and patted the closest Champion on the shoulder, he quietly gave the go-ahead and the Champions spread out around the massive army and meeting the other half in the middle. Circling the Nomads and Hunters.


Shadow only saw a single figure standing alone in the dark of the storm. He watched as the figure reached behind him and pulled out a metal pole, which he knew was called the Guard. He stood there menacingly under the single beam of light, not knowing what he was planning. Suddenly the light disappeared and the figure vanished. In a panic Shadow pulled out his curved dagger in his right hand and his serrated dagger in his left, ready for anything.

Another whistle sounded and movement was heard from all around the army, they were surrounded. Dying cries of uncountable men sounded and Shadow wheeled around to see his enemy, only to be met with darkness. All was silent and they waited. He felt it this time; the pain. It was similar to when he was near Nameless but stronger, when he was with Nameless it was constant agony. But now, it was all around him. Pain had circled him and he was about to feel it.

Thunder sounded above, meaning lightning would soon follow and he could finally see his attackers. Before it did another whistle was heard and dying cries followed once more. Just then the lightning arced across the sky and Shadow was sickened at the sight, even if he saw it for just a moment. All across the forest was dead men by the hundreds, all with fatal cuts only a blade could make. He saw Champions, hundreds of them, all striking down his men. Some holding their corpses, but all with vengeance in their eyes. They were angry, they were organized, they were armed, and they were only feet from him.


The lighting gave us away and I cupped my hands over my mouth. "NOW!" I bellowed. As I did the Champions encircling the army went into a hate-fueled frenzy and began cutting them down. The two leaders were stunned, but only for a moment. They ordered the army to attack, we had only lowered their numbers by maybe a thousand, two if we were lucky. But we still had them surrounded and we were pissed. A mixture of roars and growls followed as the animals were released onto the enemy.

I grabbed the Guard by the bottom with both hands and began to bring out my best blade. I twisted my hands in opposite directions and the metal above my hands began to bend inwards. When I was finished I was holding a small sword, similar to the one I had used against my father. After all I had melted down that sword into the Guard.

With a fierce battle cry I charged into the crowd.


Celestia looked up from the telescope. "The battle has started, all we can do now is wait."

Twilight tucked the scroll away and trotted next to her mentor. "Don't worry Princess, I'm sure that Human and his friends are fully capable of defending us."

"But they're so few, and they're fighting so many."

"Yes, but there is little we can do from here."

Celestia's face brightened at an idea. "I can think of something we can do to assist them."

Twilight listened intently at the Princesses idea.


Dagger stalked through the battle intently, he knew he was here, he just had to find him. A Nomad ran up to him and raised his spear, Dagger placed one blade into his stomach and the other through his right eye. He dropped the body to the ground and walked away, if he could talk he would have called him a dumb ass. Through the rain and blood he thought he saw that dreaded spear raise and come back down, he charged for it but stopped halfway when he heard a scream.

It wasn't just any scream of course, there were plenty of pained screams he could hear over the thunder and rain. But that particular scream... It was one of pain, not only that but he knew who it belonged to. It was Susan. For a moment he was torn between getting his revenge and saving Susan. On one hand he had been waiting to kill Bulls-Eye for over two years now and he may never get another chance, on the other hand Susan had a huge crush on him and he was starting to feel the same...

They may not share the same love that Miranda and his nameless friend have, but that didn't mean that he was going to let her go just yet.


I pulled my blade out of the Hunters chest. They were much easier to kill than I remember, probably from laying around on their asses all day instead of training. They thought taking over Equestria was going to be easy, we were about to prove them wrong. I walked through the battlefield, all around me Champions were overpowering Hunters and Nomads with their rage. A decapitated head rolled in front of me and I kicked it into the crowd. I looked into the crowd and saw a Champion crush a Nomad under his boot, guess he wasn't kidding.

I was tackled to the ground by a Nomad, I shook myself and eyed my attacker. He gave me a wicked grin, that's when I remembered him. This was the same bastard that had hit Miranda and called her a bitch.

Oh, he's in for it now.


Dagger spotted Susan lying on the ground with blood dripping down her arm and a Hunter with a double bladed axe standing above her. Anger consumed him, if he lost another loved one to a Hunter then he would throw the Sun at them. With a roar he ran and tackled the Hunter to the ground, he rolled over and rested on top of the Hunter. His blades forgotten and tucked away for the time being he settled for punching the Hunter over and over.

The Hunter tried to protect his face with his arms but Dagger only punched harder. He would have kept attacking him if another Hunter hadn't kicked him off, Dagger rolled and got to his feet. The kicker readied his mace and ran at him, Dagger responded by ducking under him and throwing him over his shoulder. He landed behind him with a hard thud and Dagger flicked his blades out, he brought one down over his throat but was blocked when the fallen Hunter caught the blade with the handle of his mace. With a growl he raised his other blade, but when he tried to bring it down he was stopped by the first Hunter.

He looked over his shoulder and saw his blade caught in in the blade of the Hunter's axe, the Hunter threw Dagger onto the ground. He held up his blades just before they stopped an axe only inches away from his face.


I threw the Nomad off of me and stood up, before I could do anything else he jumped to his feet and smiled evilly at me. "I remember you, your that dog that was stuck in a wall."

I pulled out my sword. "The only reason you're alive is because I had a spear in my stomach, this time I'll make sure you won't leave here alive."

He pulled out a sword of his own. "What's a lonely little dog like you going to do against a Nomad like me?"

I grinned. "I'll show you exactly what a Champion can do." We rushed each other and clashed in the middle.


With a grunt of effort Dagger threw the axe to the side and rolled out of the way of a mace. He climbed to his feet and kicked the Hunter that was trying to pull his mace from the ground in the face, sending him sideways into the dirt. Dagger wheeled around to face the second Hunter, who was already swinging his axe at Dagger with all of his might.

He caught the axe just below the blades and used the momentum to throw it out of his hands and into the crowd. The Hunter backed up in fear and looked around for a weapon he could use, when Dagger's blades came at him he jumped out of the way and dived for the mace still stuck in the ground.

In one fluid movement the mace was yanked from the ground and swung around towards Dagger's head, thinking fast Dagger picked up the unconscious Hunter at his feet by the back of his head and caught the mace with his head.

The Hunter was horrified he had just been tricked into killing his comrade and dropped the mace, leaving him exposed to Dagger's blades.


I pushed against the Nomad's sword with my own, trying to cut the smug grin right off of his face. He tilted his blade and slid along mine and missed my eye my a hair, I backed up to regain my footing and he spun his sword in his hand.

"I wonder how honored I'll be if I bring Shadow the head of the Unstoppable Champion..." He mocked.

"First you'll have to come here and take it." I spat.

His grin told me he accepted the challenge. He ran forward and swept his blade at my legs, I blocked it with my sword in my left hand and punched him in the jaw as hard as I could with my right. He stumbled back and rubbed where I had just punched him.

He spat out some blood. "Fine, you want to fight dirty? I'll show you a dirty fight."

I twirled my blade. "You've already shown everyone how dirty you fight."

He grinned evilly again. "Yeah, well your Clan sure did provide a nice bonfire."

He just made his death as painful as possible. I stepped forward and he lashed out at me, ducking under it I sliced his chest and he reeled back in pain. I used the opening and cut his hand right off of his arm.


Dagger retreaded his blades and ran over to Susan, she had a small pool of blood around her from the large gash in her left arm. Dagger removed his helmet and knelt next to her, no idea what he was supposed to do. He was no doctor, he couldn't talk to her, he couldn't even call for help. He was all on his own with this girl.

He panicked for a moment, just waving his hands over her trying to get her attention. When it was clear she was only half conscious he ripped off part of his shirt and tied it around her wound, when he was finished grabbed her shoulders and gently shook her.

Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled at the friendly figure above her. "Hey Dagger, can't believe I had to be lying on the ground with a cut in my arm for you to notice me."

He frowned, eliciting a weak giggle from Susan. "I'm just kidding you know." He relaxed and Susan stared contently at him, she sighed. "I really wish you could still talk, I have no idea what you're thinking."

Dagger smiled as he got an idea. He slowly leaned in and gave her a hesitant kiss on her cheek, causing her to giggle once more. "I think I understand." He smiled at her, they could have just sat there forever, staring at one another.

A dying cry sounded behind the couple and they were reminded that they were still on a battlefield. Dagger shot to his feet and was about to run away when he caught himself. He knelt down next to Susan and tried his hardest to talk to her, all he could manage was a few weak squeaks.

Susan smiled. "I know you wont leave me for long, it's okay." Dagger nodded with a weak grin, donning his helmet once more he ran into the crowd to get help.


The Nomad lay at my feet, bloodied and sputtering nonsense about why he should live. I was hearing any of it, only shouting in rage.

"You think I'm weak do you?!" I sliced his stomach. "You think it was fun to destroy my Clan!?" I cut off his ear. "You thought you could get away with everything you've done to us!?" I stabbed him in his knee. "I'll show you the rage of a Champion!"

Stop.

"NO!" I yelled, not realizing I was vocalizing my thoughts.

This isn't you, Champions don't torture people.

"He isn't a person! He's scum!"

Think about this, you're supposed to be saving people. Not slowly killing them.

I shut my eyes and held my breath, I exhaled as I spoke. "It's not fair, why do they get to hurt so many good people?"

I'm sorry, but you've all just had some real shitty luck. That doesn't mean you should turn into monsters. Keep pushing and stay true to the Champions.

I opened my eyes. "Fine, I will." I let out a sharp whistle and Cuddles bounded over. "But he wont." I pointed at the Nomad with my sword. "Dinner." Was all I said before I turned my back on the crippled Nomad and hungry Tiger.

I'll allow that this time, but keep yourself in check from now on.

"No promises" I stalked back into the battle and felt a certain urge, like someone needed me. I ran in a random direction for no real reason, it just felt like I had to.

I spotted Dagger running around wildly and waving his arms in the air, I ran over to him. "Dagger, Dagger! What's going on?"

He looked me seriously in the eye. "Susan's hurt real bad, we have to get her to safety."

I nodded and followed him through the bloody battle.


Dagger finished off another Nomad next to me and tapped my shoulder. "What do we do?"

I looked at Susan, she was in real bad shape, we had to get her out of here and soon. "She's going to be fine as long as we get her some place safe." I looked around, the field was still a deadly mosh pit but I could tell that sides were forming. Pointing to the Champion's side I told him what to do. "Get her just behind the treeline over there and make sure she's concealed but not covered."

I looked at him and he nodded, he picked up Susan carefully and jogged alongside the treeline. I stood up, satisfied that I helped them.

They are so in love.

"Yeah, I know." I looked into the crowd and spotted two very familiar daggers speeding through the crowd, I narrowed my eyes at them. "Get ready Shadow, because I'm coming for you."


Dagger slowed down to a halt under a tree large enough to stop most of the rain from falling on them, he gently placed Susan on a large patch of soft moss. When she had settled he took off his hurried bandage and tossed it aside,ripping off another large part of his shirt he carefully wrapped the cut. He reached from outside of the tree and brought back some water cupped in his hands, he put his hands to her lips and she drank it weakly.

Dagger pushed her hair out of her face and smiled at her, he wanted to say some comforting words more than anything in the world right now, something to calm her, something to tell her how he felt, anything.

Susan decided that since she could say something she would. "Thank you. I know that you saved my life and everything, but all I can give you right now is a thank you." Dagger smiled at her, trying to say that it was what any good man would have done. Susan smiled back. "Well, I can give you this." He was about to cock his head in confusion but she puled off his helmet and pulled him close to give him a passionate kiss.


I dove and tackled Shadow to the ground, we rolled around and he pushed off of me. I stood up and found Shadow already standing and hook coming at my throat. I caught it just as it pushed against my neck, he glared at me and tried to just push that last inch and end me. I spun around and aimed my blade at his throat but he was already a foot out of my reach.

I glared at him, this was going to be a difficult battle...


Dagger was in a daze when he and Susan separated, she giggled at his dizzy expression. "I can't believe that I had to go through all that just to kiss you." Susan purred.

He sheepishly smiled at her, feeling bad that he was jealous of his best friend for all those years and ignored this beautiful girl in front of him. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked back at the raging battle in the center of the storm then back to Susan.

She nodded. "It's okay, just make sure you come back."

After a firm nod Dagger replaced his helmet and charged into the battlefield, a new kind of purpose fueling him.


Back in the eye of the storm Bulls-Eye was shocked. Not only had that Nameless dog returned, he had brought every surviving Champion with him and now they were locked in a fight to the death. The whole scene looked like it was pulled out of a horror movie. He could only see a few feet in front of him but he could hear the whole thing, blades clashing, soldiers dying, and his heart pounding. The only time he could see was when lightning flashed, when it did he wished he hadn't seen anything. Champions by the hundreds with hate filled eyes cutting away at his army of thousands, the only dead Champions he saw were the ones he killed himself.

Another one got within sight and he thrust his spear into his chest and ripped out a chunk of flesh. He fell over in a bloodied mess. He heard an unrecognizable yell behind him and turned to see and unarmed Champion.

He stared at him for a moment, or more specifically, he stared at the jagged scar on his throat.


Twilight gawked at her Alicorn teacher. "Princess, you- you can't be serious!"

She nodded. "I am entirely serious my faithful student, I have to do whatever I can to help save Equestria."

"But not this!" She exclaimed, distressed by her decision.

Celestia remained silent as they entered the Canterlot Royal Gardens.


Charlette looked around the dark forest wildly. "Where is it?" She hissed under her breath. "He said it would be here, why isn't it here?"

"Um, Charlette... I think I found it."


With a roar of anger Dagger charged at Bulls-Eye, blades at the ready. Bulls-Eye recovered from his shock and met this new enemy half way. They clashed and locked eyes, the first thing Bulls-Eye noticed was how they were filled with pure hatred. He also noted that a different kind of pain of coming off of this one, it was more... Personal. What the others had was difficult to explain, they had blind rage but it was focused into their fighting. As fierce as blind rage yet concentrated like it wasn't there, Champions were weird like that. But this scared one in front of him, it was like it was solely focused on him, personal.

Bulls-Eye faltered while drifting off in thought, Dagger on the other hand had one thought on his mind: Vengeance. Dagger used this minor falter to his advantage, he brought his blades down across his chest but Bulls-Eye caught him at the last second and manged to escape with only a cut in his armor. Bulls-Eye was now at full attention again and planned to stop this scared warrior dead in his tracks. He spun his spear in his hand and aimed it at him, Dagger only took this as an invitation and gladly accepted. He faked right then jumped left, Bulls-Eye fell for it and jabbed his spear where he would have been. Dagger swung his left blade around and tried to decapitate and finish him right then and there, but Bulls-Eye was too quick, he brought the shaft of his spear behind him and caught the blade.

With a growl Dagger attempted to grab the spear, but it was pulled just beyond his reach. Bulls-Eye spun around to face the silent enemy and aimed his spear at him, ready to throw it, and he never missed.


Celestia stopped in front of Discords statue, even after he escaped they decided to keep him in the garden because that's how Pony logic works. Celestia bravely approached the statue while Twilight cautiously flanked her.

A maniacal laughed echoed around the two Ponies. "Discord, I need a favor from you." Celestia boldly demanded.

His voice echoed around them. "Really Celestia? Please tell me, why should I do anything for you?"

"You live here to, if you don't help protect Equestria then you will be destroyed along with everything and everypony else."

He chuckled. "You seem to have forgotten Celestia but, I'm the immortal god of chaos. What do I care if everything is destroyed?"

Celestia grit her teeth, why would she think this would be easy? "Please Discord, you're not evil, just chaotic. Have a heart and help save your home."

"Hmm, you may have a point. But I want something in return."

"Anything!" Celestia exclaimed.

Discord only let out another chuckle.


Shadow caught my blade with his hook and grinned evilly. "Well, well, well. It looks like you brought the rest of your Clan here to die like the rest."

Everything was released now, all my hatred, all my evil, my inner demons, and they were all one my side, trying to kill Shadow. "Men like you don't get to live while I stand." I hissed.

"Then we'll have to fix that." He growled. With that he let go of my blade and I stumbled forward, I turned just in time to see his oncoming blade and deflect it. I stepped back then jumped forward in attempt to jab him, he stepped to the side effortlessly.

Think, he's fast but you're stronger. Use his speed against him.

How?

That's where you come in.

I growled and faced him again. The rain was still hammering the both of us, the thunder made it near impossible to make sense of any sounds, the lightning would light up the battlefield occasionally and all I could see was men killing more men. I cracked my neck and glared at him. "Only one Clan will be leaving this battle."

He snorted. "Yeah, in ashes maybe." The sounds of thousands of Champions burning alive filled my ears, their pained screams, children calling to their mothers only to have the same fate. Just those sounds alone brought my rage back to me. I lashed out at Shadow, with every swipe or cut I would attempt he would only dodge it. When I paused for less than a second he switched to the offense and charged at me. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea or what possessed me to do it, but I suddenly ducked down. Shadow was already going to fast to slow down and he tripped over me. I shot up and kicked him in the stomach and sent him rolling over a few times. It's funny, I thought his death would have been a little more dramatic, but beggars can't be choosers.

I raised my blade and was prepared to bring it down.


Bulls-Eye threw the spear at Dagger, aimed directly at his heart. Even if Bulls-Eye didn't know it he had done the same exact thing almost two and a half years ago, except that time Cloak had jumped in its way to save him. This time Dagger was on his own. The spear left his hand and flew through the air, it's course set on Dagger's heart. Before he could react it connected with his armor dead-on.

Then it bounced off without a scratch, unbreakable armor remember?

Bulls-Eye stood there shocked, Dagger on the other hand charged at him with both of his blades raised.


Celestia grumbled something very unprincess-y as she shuffled into the Garden wearing striped pink and purple socks. She heard Discord laugh. "There." The embarrassed Princess snapped. "I put on my most ridiculous pair of socks, now help the humans with Equestria!"

If Discord hadn't been encased in stone he would have been mischievously grinning, she really should have worded that better. "Why yes Celestia, I will 'help' the 'Humans' with their 'Equestria problem'."

Celestia bought it. "Thank you Discord, I will remember this act of kindness."

Oh, you'll remember what I'm about to do alright. Discord thought.


Miranda walked sleepily to throughout the Castle in attempt to find either Princess and find out what was going on. In an act of pure luck she stumbled upon the balcony Luna and Rainbow Dash were on, watching as he fate of their land unfolded in the from of a bloody battle between barley trusted friends and their old enemies.

"Hm? What's going on?" Miranda sleepily slurred.

"We are watching the battle in the Everfree Forest." The dark Alicorn answered without removing herself from the telescope.

Miranda blinked. "Why don't you just use your magic and get a better look?"

This time Luna looked up, but still watched the Forest. "I... I'm not sure I wish to watch the battle closely, I am fine like this."

Miranda frowned. "Can you at least use the spell on me? I'd like to see what happens."

"That's not how it works."

Her frown deepened. "Then, tell me how they're doing?"

The Princess hesitated for a moment before accepting her request. "It's hard to tell who the victor will be at this point seeing as how they're numbers are so different. For the time I can say that the Champions have lost very few, maybe fifty."

The red Mare should have been happy at the news, that was hardly a percent of them. But, it was fifty of her friends, fifty of her family members, fifty of the people she was supposed to take care of. She gathered her composure. No. She thought. There will be casualties, and I'm sure he'll do all he can to make sure there's as few as possible. That's it, all Miranda had to do was focus on him and him leading the Champions to victory. That's what he does, there's no way he'll let them loose this battle.

Luna, unaware of Miranda's emotional toll continued. "As for the enemies, I suspect they've suffered around three thousand and a half casualties."

Miranda perked up at that news. "Are- are you sure? That many in such a short amount of time?"

Luna almost smiled. "You'd be surprised as to what a Pony - or Human I suppose - will do with enough rage."

Miranda caught that she was speaking from experience and dropped the conversation.

"Hey! Something's going on in the Forest!" Rainbow Dash suddenly shouted.

Miranda flew up the stone railing and squinted her eyes. Indeed there was something in the Forest. The trees were being pushed out of the way by some unseen force, and it was headed directly for the battlefield.


A monstrous roar echoed across the battlefield, causing everyone to stop dead in their tracks. Myself and Dagger included, sparring Bulls-eye and Shadow lives. Every fighting stood there in wait, all wondering what was currently stomping through the trees. What ever monster it was came closer with every thunderous stomp. It was close enough so that we could all see it was moving the trees around. Finally it crashed through the treeline, all I could see was a large silhouette of some horrible beast. Lightning flashed just behind it and I lost me breath.

It must have stood at least fifty feet tall, just above the treetops. It looked like a distorted Dragon in my opinion, it had a brown body with one blue wing and the other purple. Yellow arms, if that's what they're called, and a horn of a... Deer? Antelope? Whatever, another of... It was blue and swirly, no animal that I know of. The worst part was that I recognized it's eyes, sickly yellow with two red orbs floating around in them.

Discord was here.

On the battlefield.

And he was.

A.

Mother.

Fucking.

Dragon.

Fuck you too world.


Discord looked the battle over as thunder crashed in the sky, all the fighters stood there bruised and cut standing above bloodied corpses of their recently slain enemies. He chuckled to himself at the scene, all this beautiful chaos here for the taking. It made him feel so powerful. Yet, he wanted more, and what better way to create more chaos than join the fight himself?

He had told Celestia that he would help the Human's with their problem in Equestria, what he didn't mention was which Human's he would be helping.


I waited for Discord to make a move, hopping that he would either choose to help us or at least not take sides and go for the Nomads and Hunters as well. Discord raised his claw and stepped forward, he brought in down towards a group of Champions. They only just jumped out of it's path in time. That settled it, if he attacked any Champion then he was my enemy. Only, I had no idea how I supposed to fight a giant god of chaos, I would have to think fast if we were going to survive this.

The Nomads and Hunters realized it as soon as I did and jumped on the rest of us, much braver now that they had a Discorded Dragon on their side.


Celestia trotted happily to the balcony, proud that she had just helped defend her land. Or so she thought...

"Celestia!" Luna exclaimed.

At the sound of her sister's cry Celestia broke into a gallop. "Yes Luna! What is it?" She slid to a halt onto the balcony and saw Luna's horrified expression. "Why, what's happened?"

"Discord is loose and he's attacking the Human and his Clan!" Luna shouted.

Celestia stared before she elicited a light chuckle. "Oh no sister. You see, I just convinced Discord to fight with the Champions not against them."

"You what?!" Luna shouted.

Celestia's ears fell back. "I... I was only trying to help save Equestria, I wanted everypony to think that we can handle ourselves."

Luna sighed. "I- couldn't you- Why- Just..." She took a deep breath. "The damage is done and now all we can do is hope that they can find a way to defeat him."

"What about the Elements of harmony!?" Twilight cried.

Luna shook her head. "No, it would be too risky to face Discord when he's this powerful. We have to hope that something will happen in the Human's favor."

Rainbow Dash looked at the forest and her eyes grew to the size of dinner plates. "Um... Princesses? Twilight? You're going to want to see this."


The Champion furthest behind was stomped into the ground, Charlette only just heard his dying scream before his head was crushed under the powerful force. When she was told what she was supposed to do she was warned that it would be dangerous, but this, this was something none of them had expected. More importantly, the Nomads and Hunters wouldn't expect it either.


Discord rampaged in the center of the battlefield, while he was aiming for the Champions he would mistakenly kill or cripple a Nomad or Hunter, but I didn't mind. I lost Shadow so I focused on the rest of the enemies in the meantime to occupy me. I pulled my sword out of the back of a Hunter's head and spun around to block a scythe from entering my skull. The Nomad tried to push a little forward and end me, but I had other plans, I stepped to the left of him and pulled my blade away. When he fell forward I plunged my sword into his heart from behind.

Charlette had to get here soon, she was our only chance against Discord and she could turn the fight around easily. We had been fighting long enough for them to get their barrings and make a line, it was a shaky line, but they had it and they were fighting back.

I saw a Champion get knocked down and the Hunter above him raised his axe, I ran up behind him and jumped onto his back. When he hit the ground a loud snap sounded and he let out a pained yelp. I put him out of his misery with a well placed cut into his heart. The Champion nodded to me in thanks and ran off to go give a Nomad a very dangerous surprise.


Charlette ducked her head as the last Champion with her was launched above her head and through a tree, but she couldn't stop to help him. She had to keep going, for herself and every other Champion fighting.

she heard the sounds of fighting and poured on all of her speed, she had to get to them and warn them.


I heard distant stomping and knew exactly what it was. I ran off to the edge of the clearing a ran into Charlette, literally.

She gave herself a shake and and looked at me. "Oh thank goodness it's you, listen. It's right behind me, it got all the others and it's extra angry."

I grinned my toothy grin. "Perfect, now go warn the others, I want them to get to a safe distance before it gets here."

She quickly nodded and ran off, I heard a distant roar and got to my feet. Charlette had pulled through and brought something much worse than Discord to the fight, now we just had to get out of it's way.

I ran around our side of the field, shouting to Champions that it was here and cutting down the occasional enemy. By the time I was done I could hear the stomping clearly and we had formed a line on the side of the clearing, now we just had to wait.

A thunderous roar was heard from the Forest and everyone, even Discord, stopped to wait for it. Seconds turned into hours as the growling and crashing drew closer, until finally, finally, we had the upper hand. The treeline was swiped away and the enormous beast could be seen by all.


Rainbow Dash looked up from the telescope in shock. "Um, Twilight?" The Unicorn looked up. "Is that what I think it is?"

Twilight, confused, walked up to the telescope. She fell silent when she laid her eyes upon the beast, after taking several deep breaths. "That... That's an Ursa Major... They brought an Ursa Major into the fight..."