• Published 11th Aug 2016
  • 432 Views, 14 Comments

Suffering in Silence - SmokeShadow95



Suffering apart from one another, both Vinyl and Octavia cannot forget the day they shared together. Can two ponies in love find each other through the storm of their lives?

  • ...
1
 14
 432

Painful Things

Vinyl hugged the brick wall of the building next to her. All she had on to protect herself from the winter air was a mildly thick hoodie and footwear that wasn't boots, but instead a pair of normal shoes. Needless to say, she was feeling the cold down into her bones. She hated her life.

She had her face buried into he side of her hood as she walked. The harsh, chilled air stung at her face. She was glad she at least had her shades to cover her eyes. She was also glad that her walk was almost over. The dingy little brick building she was outside of was actually an underground rave venue. One of her least favorites. The place was small and cramped. The sound quality always seemed terrible, no matter what she did with her own beats. Not to mention she always had to fight through dozens of ponies just to get on the stage, and to leave the building. Just one more thing to add to her list of things that were making her life miserable lately.

She pushed through the doors and descended down the stairs into the underground area of the building. The sun was out and the day early, so the venue was mostly empty. Only a few ponies were inside, getting ready for the night's events.

“Oi, there she is,” The manager came trotting up to her with some fake enthusiasm.“Vinyl Scratch. Glad you could make it. Know the weather is a right bit nasty out there.”

Vinyl walked in with a shiver. She tossed her hood back and splashed semi melted snow all over the floor and a nearby table. The manager looked at the floor and the table. He contained his feelings over the mess as he signaled another pony to clean it up.

“Alright, madear, now we can get down to business,” He said.

He lead Vinyl away from the floor and up to his office. Vinyl lazily walked behind him, enjoying the comfortable temperature inside the building. It was still cooler than most other places, but at least she wasn't outside.

The manager opened the door to his office and held it for Vinyl. She walked in and stood around while he hurriedly moved behind his overly nice desk. He sat down his his chair and nervously shuffled some papers around. Vinyl stood there, looking bored. Her ears were slightly down and her posture was leaning to one side, like she wanted to leave. She raised one eyebrow at the manager.

“Yes, yes. I suppose you want to know why I called you here in this dreadful weather,” He said as he moved yet some more papers around. “Well, it has to do with your working with us.”

He had her attention now. Her ears perked up and she leaned more into the conversation. She stared at the manager from behind her shades.

“Vinyl, you know I like ya,” He started, “But unfortunately, we can't work with ya any longer.”

Vinyl was visibly shocked. She stepped back in shock, her mouth slightly open. She looked at him with questions in her eyes.

“I'm sorry, Vinyl,” He sighed, “But these past few months your game has been off. It's effected your performance, and that means-”

Vinyl stepped up and slammed her hooves down on his desk. Papers went everywhere and whatever other small items shook or fell over.

“Whoa, there. Ain't no need to get angry now,” He said. “Well, I suppose there is, but please calm down.”

She continued to stare at him with anger in her eyes. After a moment she slowly, one hoof after the other, stepped down from the desk. With one last glare she turned and with an angry flare of her horn she headed for the now open door. It was time for her to leave.

“Now hold up there, Vinyl,” The manager said. He rushed around the desk and came up next to her. “I might be able to talk to some sense into the ponies I work with. Could get you back in their good graces. But I will need something from you.”

Vinyl stopped where she stood, but her body was still tense with anger. Some small part of her wanted to relax just a tiny bit, but the rest of her didn't trust this pony at all. However, she knew she had to at least hear him out. She needed a job She needed money. And so she turned around to face him again, closing the door behind her.

“Smart choice, Vinyl,” He said with a smile. The annoyed look in her frown told him that she wasn't in the mood for smiles. She just wanted to know what he needed from her.

“Come now, Vinyl, relax,” He said with a whisper as he stepped up closer to her. He brushed up against her as he walked a circle around her body. Her skin crawled where he touched her. She shivered as she could feel his eyes going over every inch of her. He draped one hoof over her body and pulled her in closer. He was small for an Earth pony, but still very strong. There was little she could do to pull herself away from him. “If you want to keep your job, you know what you need to do.”

Vinyl closed her eyes tightly under her shades. She could feel his breath on her neck. She could feel him, his hooves, moving further and further down her body. He lightly kissed her neck and Vinyl nearly fainted. She turned her head away from him, only to have a strong hoof twist her head back to face him.

“Show me you want this, Vinyl,” His words came out like poison to her ears. “Give me a kiss.”

He used the word 'give' but he was not giving anything. He was taking what he wanted. Vinyl stared in horror as his face came closer. Her mind flashed back to that amphitheater. For the briefest of moments she could see Octavia's face again. She remembered the time they shared, and the kiss under the stage. The kiss!

The kiss! That was our kiss. These lips are for Octavia, and Octavia only. He can't have them!

At the last second Vinyl turned her head. His taken kiss landed awkwardly on her cheek, sending a nauseating feeling to swell within her. He didn't seem to happy with her cheek, though. He pushed her to the side and came around in front of her. He took her chin up with a hoof.

“Get with it, Vinyl,” He said. “This is the only way your keeping your job.”

Her whole body shook under his hoof. She was tired of this jerk thinking he can take whatever he wants from her. She yanked her head away from his hoof, just enough to get her mouth around that very same leg. She bit down with all her might barely an inch above where her chin just lay. He howled in unexpected pain as Vinyl leaped back. She closed her eyes for a second to focus on a spell. She brought her magic and unleashed it outward like a tidal wave. She panted a heavy breath as she opened up her eyes. That always took a lot out of her.

“You think I haven't taken a magical hit before?”

Standing tall and very pissed off was the manager. His office was a complete and total mess. Every little thing and most of the bigger stuff was not where it should be. It looked as if a small hurricane had come through and wrecked the place. And yet, he was unaffected. Vinyl stood as scary thoughts swarmed her mind. The manager was quickly upon her, standing in front of her like an imposing demon. He raised a hoof and brought it down fiercely on the right side of Vinyl's face.

The first thought of Vinyls mind was pain. Pure pain. She must have blacked out for a moment. The last thing she remembered was seeing a hoof coming at her that she couldn't stop. He was a lot stronger than he looked. She opened her eyes to find herself on her side on the floor. She was staring at her shades. One of the lenses was shattered, and the other one cracked.

“Didya really think that would work, Vinyl?” He stood over her with an intensely angry look in his eyes. “You are just some low class punk who deserves whatever she gets.”

For some reason, Vinyl's mind took that moment to make a connection. She forgot about the manager for a second as only Octavia filler her thoughts. But it was just the small things. The way she stood, the way she walked, the way she talked. Vinyl remembered the hotel that Octavia took her to. It was one of the nicest hotels in Manehatten. The room had one of the best views of the city. All of that came together around Octavia. All of that showed her that Octavia had class. She had the finer things in life. This jerk was right about one thing. Vinyl may be low class, but Octavia was not.

Vinyl lifted her head as the pain shot through her right cheek. She cast her gaze up at the manager. For the first time in the years they worked together he saw her eyes. Those radiant, red eyes. He would have thought them to be beautiful if it weren't for the sudden feeling of dread that he was feeling. Those red eyes. Those red, rage filled eyes looked deeply into him with a pure kind of hatred that he had never seen before.

I'm coming, Octavia.