• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 1,703 Views, 14 Comments

Non-Bon - Mel



Bon Bon's life is being taken over by strange, shape shifting monsters

  • ...
3
 14
 1,703

Part 7: Hope

-

“Hey! Rose! Daisy! Lily! Can you hear me?”

If that glorified, pus filled, self satisfied tapeworm thinks that I’m the kind of mare who’ll sit back while she takes my life- my love… someone’s got a sour surprise waiting in the bowl!

“Come on! ROSE!”

It wasn’t doing her any good to try and contact Lyra. There was always a changeling guarding her. But these Non-Bons couldn’t keep tabs on every mirror in Ponyville, so she’d gone looking for somepony she knew that could help her out of a jam. When Bon Bon found a mirror she recognized from Sugar Cube Corner, she expected to find Colgate lecturing the shopkeeper about proper oral care. Instead the flower trio was sitting at a table and enjoying a plate of assorted pastries.

“You just have to look close enough, it’s obviously pink!” Whenever it wasn’t full of pastries, Daisy’s mouth was stuffed full of gossip.

“Well, I don’t see what the big deal is… if she prefers that color, who are we to judge?” Rose took a sip of tea.

“OVER HERE! I’M IN THE MIRROR! LOOK AT ME!”

“Daisy just hates ponies other than her keeping secrets.” Lilly smirked.

“STOP GOSSIPING AND FIND ME!” Bon Bon struck the mirror and panicked when the view tilted dangerously. It would not do to go breaking half the mirrors in town. It would just make this even more difficult. When the view steadied, Bon Bon took a deep breath. No way I’m giving up now.

She held her breath for a fraction of a second, bracing herself. “CAN ANYPONY HEAR ME? I’M RIGHT HE-”

“Where?!”

Bon Bon’s shout withered and died, severed prematurely as a voice with the pitch of a squealing balloon neatly interrupted her pleas. She knew that voice. She feared that voice. That voice meant business, for sure, but that voice came from a gullet with no discernable physical limitations. The last time she heard that voice, it came with weeks of nightmares where a giant pink mouth opened wide and swallowed her whole store.

Maybe she should be quiet…

“Helloooooooo…” said the voice, peering around quizzically.

“…Anypony else? Honestly, anypony else.”

“What’s that? You gotta speak up, I can barely hear you! Or is this like hide and seek?”

Don’t be a fool, Bon Bon! This is the best chance you’re gonna get! Swallow your fear! If you are getting out of this, you’ll have to… oh, I just hope she doesn’t ask for a reward! That bottomless pit could ruin me!

“I’m… er, HEY! I’M OVER HERE! IN THE MIRROR!”

“Oh, wow! You’re really bad at this game! You don’t tell someone where you’re hiding!” Pinkie Pie bounced over to the mirror, silencing the flower trio’s gossip as they looked on in confusion. Pinkie examined the mirror up and down, behind and in front. “I take it back, you’re really good! I don’t know where you are even with the hint!”

“No, Pinkie! I’m not hiding, I’m trapped! I’m IN THE MIRROR! Can you hear me?”

Pinkie stopped searching and looked straight into the mirror. Her eyes narrowed in an intense stare. She said nothing, gazing so fiercely Bon Bon was worried she might shatter the mirror and glare straight into her soul.

“Um… Pinkie?”

Her eyes finally snapped wide open and her jaw dropped in the expression of shock Bon Bon was waiting for. “Bon Bon?! You’re actually in the mirror? I can’t believe it!”

Relief flooded the crème mare’s features.

“You can’t use magic to hide! That’s cheating!”

It poured off like melted chocolate. More than her voracious appetite, Pinkie’s overly quirky nature did not mix well with Bon Bon. She already dealt with a lot of Lyra’s unique personality so Pinkie always pushed her over the edge. But today she couldn’t just walk away. In fact, she couldn’t walk anywhere without Pinkie’s help.

“I… I know. Please focus, Pinkie. I need you to help me get out of here. I’ve been captured by changelings-”

“Ooh, those are nasty! They’re no fun at parties, buh-leev me! Twilight really hates them for trying to crash her brother’s wedding!”

“Twilight! That’s the unicorn from Canterlot, right? Celestia’s pupil? Listen to me, Pinkie. If anyone can get me out of here, it’s her. Please find her! Find Twilight and get me out of here!”

“Okie dokey lokie! We’ll have you out faster than you can say squirrel nut caramel!”

The vibrating ball of cotton candy was gone in a flash, leaving behind three confused earth ponies and one mare in a mirror with more hope than she had felt in days.