• Published 25th Jun 2016
  • 651 Views, 4 Comments

Summertime Road Trip - JusSonic



Diamond Tiara and Sweetie Belle hits the road on a family trip.

  • ...
11
 4
 651

Chapter 2: Never Pick Up Hitchhikers!

Chapter 2: Never Pick Up Hitchhikers!

It was a while later as Sweetie, now recovered from her illness, uses her magic to clean up the comic book.

"Sorry about that." Sweetie said to Diamond sheepishly while removing the last of the mess. "Of course, mom did warned ya."

"It's okay." Diamond sighs as she put her comic book away. "I will remember to give this when we make a big stop. Phew!" The filly wipes some sweat off her head. "I gotta say, I'm getting sweat on my coat."

"Yeah, I think we could use a little pit stop." Hondo Flanks groans a bit. He is having trouble controlling the car: he got to go!

Soon the car stopped at a gas station. Upon stopping, the unicorns got out and uses their respective bathrooms. Diamond sighs a bit in relief. The filly is thirsty, she used up the last of the drinks.

Just then, Diamond spots a drinking fountain nearby, this made her drool a bit. Water at last!

Diamond prepares to dash off to the fountain, but her flank got stuck right on her seat. She groans angrily, "Ugh! Stupid sticky stuff!"

The springs on her seat begins to pull as Diamond Tiara tries to get herself freed. The former bully screams as she is pulled right off her seat. Diamond Tiara eventually pulled forward, stretching as best as she could. She is almost to the fountain...

Of course, her seat soon pulled right out of place, sending it right back at Diamond and slamming her right into the bathroom hard.

"Oh, you wanted to go, Diamond?" Cookie Crumbles is heard from the bathroom, making Diamond groans in annoyance.

---------------

After a while, the family is done with their business as did Diamond, who took a sip of water before everyone left. No way is she going thirsty again!

As music plays on while the car goes on its way, Diamond sighs a bit, "So how long before we reached Whinny Land?"

"We got a road map, we could figure it out." Sweetie said as she took out a road map. Diamond smiles hopefully, maybe this way, she can find out how long before everyone could get to Whinny Land!

Diamond proceeds in opening the map and points at certain location, speaking, "All right, this is Ponyville...and there's Whinny Land. Here we are...in who knows where?" The filly flips the map, covering everyone in the car and causing it difficult for Hondo to see. "Now then, if we go due east along this footage road, then hang a left at heret, and jock north westerly along Route 647 for a couple dozen parsecs, we should end up at Whinny Land at..."

Diamond Tiara came out of the map, shouting, "A billion years!"

"Yeah, I know the way, Diamond, thanks." Hondo remarks dryly to Diamond Tiara. He knows how to get there, no need for the directions or calculations.

------------

It was a dark and stormy night later on. As the car moves through a thunderstorm, someone is near the room, pointing out a hoof in hopes to hitchhiker. The vehicle almost hit the hitchhiker, but he moves out of the way in time.

Hondo stops the car as his wife peeks out, speaking in concern, "Oh, dear! We almost run over that poor creature! Why, he looks white as a sheet with fear. Perhaps we should give him a ride into town!"

The figure came over to the car. As thunder flashes, Diamond got a good look at the figure: it is a pale scarred griffin wearing a blue jacket, a white shirt, black shorts, and has silver claws. Diamond begins to gulp in fear, something is not right with him.

"Oh hey, pal! Want a lift?" Hondo ask happily as he opens the door, pointing to the back seat. "You can get in with the kids!"

The griffin growls as he got into the back seat, glaring at Diamond Tiara who was reading her comic. She nervously say, "Hey sir. Want to read?" The griffin growls at her some more. "Okay! Forget I ask!"

Soon the car drove off with the new passenger, on its way to Whinny Land...and most likely danger!

The car kept driving on as news flash started playing on the radio.

"Hello! This is Dent Brocktaur, on the latest report: a mad prisoner known as Mike Voorhees has recently escaped from the Manehattan Home for the Criminally Insane!" The reporter on the radio said. "He is a mad griffin and all ponies are asked to be on a lookout for him, keeping away from him at all times!"

"Mike Voorhees?" Sweetie asked in concern.

Diamond gave a nervous glance at the hitchhiker as Dent's voice continues, "When last sighted, he was wearing a blue jacket, a white shirt, black shorts and has golden claws!"

Diamond yelps as she looks at the figure while Dent made the description. On the claws though, she sighs in relief. This guy got silver claws, not golden ones.

"Oh wait, my bad. It's SILVER claws." Dent's voice said, correcting himself on the last part.

Diamond gasped in horror as she looked at the figure's claws. No, it can't be!

"Mama!" Diamond said fearfully as she fainted to the floor.

Then Diamond's eyes widened in terror as the reporter continued, "From what therapists said about him, Mike has a psychotic episode whenever he is around unicorns." Sure enough, the griffin gave an evil glare at the unicorns. "Any exposure to them will drive him off the deep end."

Sweetie gasped in fear at hearing this description as she turned to look at the pale griffin.

"Oh great." Diamond whimpers in fear. This griffin is insane!

The reporter adds, "If seen, contact the authorities by this number." Diamond didn't waste time in putting the phone number down, "555..."

But before Diamond can hear the last of the numbers, Cookie Crumbles turn the radio off, saying, "Honestly? Why do they put stuff like that on the radio at all?"

"You could've gotten that number down!" Sweetie exclaimed to Diamond fearfully, "That scary-looking griffin... is he who I think he is?"

"Err..." Diamond said nervously.

The griffin laughs evilly as he appears to be taking out something...a chainsaw. Mike Voorhees is here and he is pulling the cord, he is off the deep end.

"It's the...the...the..." Diamond screams out in terror then jumps onto Hondo Flanks's head. "YIKES!"

Hondo sighs in irritation as he put Diamond back into her seat, saying, "Come on, Diamond. No rough housing."

"Ugh, what a bad time to leave Maxin behind." Diamond Tiara whimpers a bit as she quickly take a cellphone, texting.

"What are you doing?" Sweetie ask her friend.

"Texting Silver, hopefully she can send some help! And send!" Diamond Tiara exclaims as she hit send to send her message.

"Unicorn, unicorn! Ha ha ha!" Mike laughs insanely some more.

"I hope she gets it..." Sweetie said worriedly.

------------------

It was a few minutes later...and there was no help or response from Silver Spoon. The two fillies look worried, no one is coming! And worst yet, Mike is almost done with his chainsaw ripping!

"Time for...UNICORN SLAUGHTER!!!" Mike laughs madly as he finally got his chainsaw on, the noises scream like mad.

The two fillies scream like mad as they dodge the mad griffin who is trying to chainsaw them all to death. Diamond screams out, "Mr. Flanks! Miss Crumbles, sir! Pal! HEEEELPPP!!!!"

Mike roars as he slashes at Sweetie who jumps and bumps into the backseat, dodging the attack in time. She screams out, "Daddy! Can't we stop?!"

"Fine!" Hondo, still unaware of what's going on, groans as he stops the car. "If you two wanna play outside, we can stop for a few seconds!"

"Thanks!" The two fillies yells out as they gallop out of the car with the griffin in hot pursue. He apparently is forgetting the parents and wants to get rid of the foals for now!

"Fillies, come out and pppplay!" Mike laughs madly as he looks around for the two fillies that is trying to escape him.

"You gotta catch us first, ugly!" Sweetie is heard from behind a rock, making Mike smirks wickedly as the griffin flew at where he heard the voice.

But upon going beyond the rock, Mike yelps as he hits a force field, causing him to lose his chainsaw as a result. As the griffin recovers, Diamond jumps up and hits him in the eyes, making him scream furiously.

"Now, Sweetie, now!" Diamond cries out to Sweetie.

Sweetie didn't waste time in using her magic to make a rope appear, using it to tie Mike Voorhees up, knocking him down. The rope is strong enough to keep the griffin detained and trapped. Mike hits the ground hard, struggling like mad.

"DEATH TO THE PONIES!" Mike screeches but Diamond quickly stuffed an apple in his mouth to shut him up.

Diamond, taking her cell phone out, didn't waste time in calling the Manehattan police. She mumbles, "Why the hay didn't I do this before?!" The filly waited until a voice is heard, "Yeah, police! We got Mike Voorhee gift-wrapped up for ya in the desert. Just find a signal in the sky and you'll find her."

Sweetie quickly fire up a spark, making a big signal for the Manehattan police. That should be enough for the police to find the criminal. Once Diamond hangs up, the two fillies rushed back into the car.

"Well, you two done?" Hondo ask the two fillies, playfully and still unaware of what happened. "And where's our griffin friend?"

"Oh, he remembered that he can fly so he's going on on his own." Sweetie said quickly, closing the door. "Go, go, go, go!"

"All right, all right!"

Hondo drives off, unknowingly leaving the tied up and angry Mike in the desert, struggling and left behind for the police to find. In the car, Cookie Crumbles sighs a bit, "What a nice man...in a way I can't figure out yet."

"So you okay?" Sweetie ask Diamond, wondering if she's all right after the close call with the maniac.

Diamond gave a sweet smile...then faints to the car floor.

Author's Note:

Phew, close one! Now for the final chapter, everyone arrives at Whinny Land! Read, review and suggest.

Dent Brocktaur is a reference to Kent Brockman of “The Simpsons”.

The griffin's name is a reference to Mike Myers of the Halloween franchise and Jason Voorhees of the Friday the 13th one.

Unknown the Plucky and Hamton segments, what happened with the hitchhiker/psychopath is much different here.