• Published 26th Jun 2016
  • 298 Views, 4 Comments

Left, Right, Or Center - SpritzzPop

  • ...
 4
 298

Chapter One

Currently I stand at a vendor, chatting away happily with a fellow pony. The name's Bon Bon, or Agent Sweetie Drops, if you prefer. My mission right now is to track down a mysterious pony named Starlight Glimmer. That's all the orders my boss really gave me. He tends to be vague like that.

Oh and here she comes walking down the street. All of a sudden. Starlight Glimmer. Ponies run and hide, but I stand still. She waves her hooves about, preaching her values, asking us to commit to her cause.

And then there's Twilight, coming from the other end, her horn blazing with magic. Oh my gosh... This is going to be one heck of a fight. "Starlight, what are you doing here!"

"I'm telling them about my cause. Telling them about all it's greatness! I'll make Equestria great again! I could even make Griffonstone or Yakyakistan better!" She snarls and her own horn glows.

"Starlight, you're too extreme! Don't you dare lay a hand on anypony here! This doesn't have to end this way!"

"Shut up!" A beam of magic shoots through the air from Starlight's horn. Twilight flaps her wings, shooting up into the air to dodge her beam.

Twilight sends down her own beam, Starlight scuttles back, barely dodging it. The ground shakes momentarily, oranges and apples fall from vendor's stations.

I duck and run, getting out of the way. I pull my grappling hook from seemingly out of nowhere. I throw it up at a building, soaring up to it's top. I glance down at the fighting. Beams come from all directions as both opponents duck, and dodge, and run.

Lyra. I need to find Lyra. I know my boss wants me to get Starlight for him, but I wouldn't dare let my friend get damaged!

I fling my grappling hook down at another building. I then swing downwards, letting go at the last second. I fall down to the sidewalk, twisting a hoof or two.

I then start running as fast as my hooves can carry me towards Lyra's house. I limp slightly, but it'll be ok. I promise.

Lyra's blue-green house stands right in front of me. I pull a pair of sunglasses, also out of nowhere. I throw it at one of her windows', making it crack in a display of glass. "LYYYRAAA! WAKE UP!"

Lyra walks out of the house. "Bon Bon? What's up? Why are your spy glasses-"

Suddenly she's interrupted by Starlight Glimmer flying through the air, hitting her straight on the chest, knocking her to the ground. Twilight soars through the air right after her. She gently drags her back with a magical grasp. "Starlight, leave! If tailored almost perfectly, you're values could be useful, but don't take away cutie marks! This isn't the time or the place."

I run over to Lyra's side. "Go! Run!"

"To be honest bestie, I'm utterly confused, but I'll go ahead and run." Her horn then glows and she teleports away with a loud pop.

Starlight looks straight at me. "You! You there! Join me! Join my cause!"

Then Twilight, she too looks at me. "Bon Bon? Why are you here?"

I grit my teeth. I might have to backstab the purple princess. I need to take Starlight in to my boss. That's how I earn my keep. The bits I need.

I leap at Starlight, knocking her to the ground. I jab her face twice with my hooves, left, right. It's my futile attempt to knock her out.

A beam hits me, knocking me to the ground. Starlight leaps to her feet. "Back up!" Running behind her two figures approach, Sunburst and Chrysalis. Well, the only reason I know what the stalion's name is because it's sewn onto his robe.

Twilight flaps into the air again after Starlight Glimmer's allies. "Bon Bon, take Starlight for me."

I nod, she does not boss me around, but no matter what, I was just about to do that. I stare her down, both of us silent and still for a moment.

I'll take the first move. I swing my grappling hook once move, lodging it into her hair. I then jump upwards and forwards as quickly as I can, holding the grappling hook's rope. I'm pulled far into the sky and around.

The rope wraps around Starlight's neck and I fall back to the ground. Starlight coughs and spits. "What are you doing?"

"I'm doing my job."

"You better not kill me. I have values! I have a cause! I'm important! Heck, you must see it too, after all, I'm part of your job. Join my cause, it'll end fabulously."

"Gah!" Twilight screams as Chrysalis swats her out of the air with a strike of her massive horn.

"Look, I know you're loyal to the princess, but change is good. I can help you."

I grit my teeth, trying to think. I try to be a calm and collected agent but right now my mind is a parasprite storm.

"'C'mon little earth pony, how many times do I have to say this? I won't take away your cutie mark." She sounds desperate. Hopeless. Wanting. Needing.

I swivel my head back around to look at Starlight Glimmer with a sigh. My eyes move down, realizing something. She's wriggled out of the ropes.

I stare wide eyed. Surprised. Worried. My whole body's tense and distracted. I have a choice. I can only do this once. I must chose correctly, and chose quickly. I need to stay alive.

Author's Note:

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!!!

You might've noticed that upfront I said that this story is comment driven, but not in the normal sense. I won't just use every idea you comment, instead I'll supply multiple decisions Bon Bon could make, you get to vote for you're favorite choice, and I'll use the one that has the most votes . I'm also going to assume if you vote for a comment with a voting choice, you support that one.

Today's choices are; Bon Bon joins Starlight, she joins Twilight, or she joins neither, taking Starlight to her boss. Ok guys, get voting!

Comments ( 4 )

Bon Bon joins Starlight is my vote.

Join neither. Be a ninja! Get Starlight out of there without revealing your awesome skills, while Twilight is distracted.


-Inkheart

If you go with Twilight, you betray your boss.
If you go with your boss, you betray Equestria.

Join Starlight. Betray EVERYONE!

Login or register to comment