• Published 2nd Jul 2016
  • 853 Views, 6 Comments

Poofy - nobody_in_particular



Once there was a princess with magical glowing hair. Her name was Pinkie Pie. Adagio Dazzle stole her and locked her in a tower far away. When the thief Cheese Sandwich comes to the tower, things get complicated. With the Palace Guards around every c

  • ...
3
 6
 853

Chapter 3

Pinkie and Jack walked down an underground road, thankful to finally be of that ride.

At the same time the two ponies’ tails shook uncontrollably, and they ran as fast as they could. A huge boulder crashed down right where they had been standing.

“Whoa!” they said at the same time. “How’d you do that?” Jack asked Pinkie.

“I just got a Twitchy Tail, which means something will fall, and something fell.”

“Me too!” Jack said. “Maybe we’re more alike than we thought.”

Pinkie gave him a grin that stretched from ear to ear… literally.

Above was the Carousel Boutique. Rarity gasped as the ground beneath Tom gave out and he fell beneath the ground.
----------------------
Adagio was arriving at the spot Iron Will had talked about. She hid behind a rock when she heard someone coming.

The Stabbington Sisters were walking by.

“It’s your fault he got away, Sonata.” Aria was saying.

“How is it my fault?” Sonata asked. “You were the one that didn’t tighten the satchel enough.”

“I can’t believe you wanted to recruit Mozzarella Jack on our team. I told you he would be trouble. I was right, wasn’t I? When I see him I’m gonna kill him. He’ll regret everything he did.”

Mother Adagio smiled. She had gone to the tower and found the crown that Pinkie had hid.

“Oh, girls!” she called.

The sisters turned and saw Adagio standing there.

“I have something that might interest you.” she said, holding out the satchel. Aria unsheathed her sword. Adagio chuckled and tossed it to them.

Sonata smiled as she held up the crown.

Pinkie and Jack walked down an underground road, thankful to finally be of that ride.

At the same time the two ponies’ tails shook uncontrollably, and they ran as fast as they could. A huge boulder crashed down right where they had been standing.

“Whoa!” they said at the same time. “How’d you do that?” Jack asked Pinkie.

“I just got a Twitchy Tail, which means something will fall, and something fell.”

“Me too!” Jack said. “Maybe we’re more alike than we thought.”

Pinkie gave him a grin that stretched from ear to ear… literally.

Above was the Carousel Boutique. Rarity gasped as the ground beneath Tom gave out and he fell beneath the ground.

Adagio was walking to the spot Iron Will had talked about. She hid behind a rock when she heard someone coming.

The Stabbington Sisters were walking by.

“It’s your fault he got away, Sonata.” Aria was saying.

“How is it my fault?” Sonata asked. “You were the one that didn’t tighten the satchel enough.”

“I can’t believe you wanted to recruit Mozzarella Jack on our team. I told you he would be trouble. I was right, wasn’t I? When I see him I’m gonna kill him. He’ll regret everything he did.”

Mother Adagio smiled. She had gone to the tower and found the crown that Pinkie had hid.

“Oh, girls!” she called.

The sisters turned and saw Adagio standing there.

“I have something that might interest you.” she said, holding out the satchel. Aria unsheathed her sword. Adagio chuckled and tossed it to them.

Sonata smiled as she held up the crown.

“You know, I was going to offer you something even better than that old piece of jewelry, but you seem content.” Adagio said.

“Better than the crown? What is it?” Sonata asked. Suddenly her whole face lit up. “Tacos?” she asked excitedly.

“Even better than tacos. It comes with a side of revenge on Mozzarella Jack.”

Aria smiled wickedly.
----------------------------
Pinkie was walking down the never-ending path when she realized that Jack was not with her.

“Jack?” she asked.

She saw him inspecting something on the cave wall.

“Oh no!” he said as he started shaking.

“Ear flop, eye flutter, knee twitch!” Pinkie said.

They hid behind a rock as a secret door flew open and three Pegasi flew in.

“Well how was I supposed to know?” the yellow mare asked. “You’re names are always confusing!” she had a bit of an accent, a sort of mix between British and southern.

“We all have abnormal names.” said the blue stallion. His voice resembled one of a colt who was right in the middle of his voice changing.

“Yeah, but your names are so confusing when we’re cloud busting. You should wear name tags so we can tell what anypony is talking about.” the yellow one said.

“You’re always so critical. Maybe if you would actually learn our names, things would be easier!” the pink mare said. Her voice was very, very high, and she sounded like a sweet little girl with the voice of an angel.

“We’re on a budget, Clear Skies. Lamination costs a lot. Cloud busting doesn’t pay great.” the first one said.

“But of course you wouldn’t care!” said the second.

Pinkie and Jack listened to the three bicker until they were out of hearing range and sight.

“Yay!” Pinkie said. “We can use the secret door!”

She was about to turn the handle when jack stopped her hoof.

“We don’t know what could be on the other side of that.” he said.

“Those three Pegasi used the door, didn’t they? They seemed fine.”

Jack considered this. He had never seen the three as part of the Royal Guard, and Celestia only hired more ponies if it was a dire emergency.

“I suppose you’re right. On three. One, two…”

Pinkie opened the door before Jack could finish. They were in a forest just outside of the town.

“It’s a forest!” Pinkie announced.

“Pinkie!” Jack said. “I didn’t say three!”

“It’s too late now.” Pinkie said as she hopped into the forest. Jack just hoped there were no guards around.

They had only walked a few meters when a low growl could be heard.

“Manticore!” Pinkie screamed. She hid behind Jack. A cat walked out of the bushes with a confused expression.

“That was a close one.” Pinkie said.

A white unicorn walked over to them. “Opal, you know better than to run off.” she said. She took notice of the two ponies. “I apologize if my dear Opalescence caused you any harm.” Opal reached forward and slashed Jack’s arm.

Rarity gasped loudly. “Opal!” She levitated the cat into the air, making sure to keep her away from any of the ponies.

“I’m so sorry sir.” the unicorn said. “It’s fine.” Jack reassured her.

A dog jumped out of a nearby bush. The unicorn was so startled that she dropped her cat.

A farm pony jumped out of some bushes.

“Applejack!” the unicorn screeched. “Keep that beast away from dear Opal!”

Applejack growled. “Rarity! It ain’t his doin’! It’s their nature!”

“I’ll sure say it is.” Rarity scoffed. “The same nature as your own.”

“You take that back!”

“Never!”

“I guess I should have known that one of yall Canterlot snobs would never accept a southern pony.”

“Snobs!? We Canterlotians may be first-class, but we are not snobs.” They took their pets and walked away from each other.

“Discord was right.” The two mares muttered under their breaths.

“I don’t know how much more of this day I can take.” Jack thought. Luckily the town was nearby.

He grimaced as his cut stung.

“Oh my gosh!” Pinkie said, taking notice. “I’ve gotta show you something.”

She sat him down on a rock. He raised an eyebrow as she started wrapping hair around his cut. It felt so soft, but kind of hurt against his scratch.

“I’ve been keeping something from you, and now I think it’s time to tell you the truth.”

“Flower gleam and glow. Let your power shine.”

Jack watched in shock as her hair glowed bright pink.

“Make the clock reverse. Bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt. Change the Fates’ design. Save what has been lost. Bring back what once was mine. What once was mine.”

He unraveled the hair and gasped when he saw there was no cut.

“I have magic hair that glows when I sing.” she admitted.

“I’ve seen lots of magic in my days, but an earth pony with magic… not the first item on my bucket list.” He looked up at the sun.“It’s getting late. I’m gonna find some berries or water or something.” Jack said. “You stay here.”

“Okay.” Pinkie said. “I’ll be waiting for you.”

She watched as Jack walked off.

“Well, he was bound to leave sooner or later, my flower!” said a voice behind Pinkie.

Pinkie gasped and turned around, seeing a unicorn in a black cape.

“Hello, Pinkie Pie.” Adagio said.

“Mother?” Pinkie asked. “How did you find me?”

“You’re not that hard to find.” She grabbed Pinkie’s hoof. “Let’s get you out of here.”

“Wait.” Pinkie said. “I’m not ready to go. I haven’t even gone to the town yet. I need to wait for my friend.”

“A friend? Really, Pinkie? You think he’ really your friend? How do you know he’s not like the others, coming after you for your hair?”

Pinkie bit her lip. “Because I know him. He wouldn’t do that, not ever.” Pinkie pulled her hoof out of her mother’s grasp. “And I’m staying with him.

Adagio looked at Pinkie, her lips curling into an evil smile. “Oh, really? Well, I see how it is now.”

“Pinkie knows best, Pinkie’s so mature now. Such a clever grown up Miss.” She patted Pinkie on the head.

“Pinkie knows best. Fine if you’re so sure now go ahead and give him this!” She held up the satchel

“But how..?” Pinkie asked.

“This is why he’s here! Don’t let him deceive you!”

Pinkie knew it couldn’t be true, but something told her that her mother was right.

“Trust me, my dear.” She teleported closer to Pinkie. “That’s how fast he’ll leave you. I won’t say ‘I told you so’!”

Pinkie didn’t really consider why Jack had agreed. He did lose to a staring contest, which was a huge deal. You couldn’t break a Pinkie Promise.

But you physically, actually could. So why hadn’t he? Had he really said yes just so he could get his satchel back?

He had seemed friendlier, though. But what if he never came back from finding food? What if he didn’t want her to come so he could slip away?

“No, Pinkie knows best! Fine, if he’s such a dream boat, go ahead and put him to the test!”

“Mother, wait!” Pinkie said.

“If he’s lying, don’t come crying! Mother knows best!” Adagio disappeared in a puff of smoke.

When she heard hoofsteps from behind her, she stuffed the satchel in her mane.

“Hey, Pinkie.” said Jack. “I brought back some stuff.”

He was holding two cups (made out of wood) full of water and some honeycomb.

“Ooh!” Pinkie said.

It was close to noon.

They skipped into Canterlot (Actually, only Pinkie was skipping) and Pinkie was smiling brightly.

She trotted ahead of Jack and ran into the town. Everything was so beautiful. She flinched and cried out as she felt ponies walking over her mane. She and Jack picked up armfuls of it. They looked around and saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders braiding each other’s manes.

Jack whistled as loud as he could, and the four girls looked up at him. They gasped as they saw the armfuls of hair.

“Cutie Mark Crusaders extreme mane braiders!” they chorused.

Pinkie finally looked behind her and saw he mean done up in a big braid. She had candy decorated in it, and a yellow headband.

“It’s beautiful!” she said.

The four fillies looked at their, flanks, but disappointment crossed their face when they saw nothing had shown up.

Author's Note:

Wrap that up and give it to a child on Christmas, cause we’re done! Yeah, Animaniacs reference. Love that show! Next chapter will be better.