• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 912 Views, 23 Comments

Nights: Discharge - Tunefulsubset72



Nights. A name that haunts me, I have no memories of my past, all I know is that I'm a freak and people are after me

  • ...
12
 23
 912

Secrets out

"What happened?" I said sitting up after Joker released the gas into the room." Oh right, Joker and.......JUST PERFECT!!!!"

"Calm down kid." Hank said as he stood up." We'll find Spitfire." He said as he helped me up." Do you need a ride home?"

"I can manage." I said sighing." Spitfire gave me the keys to the car before she was taken." I said as I finally realized why The Joker came here." If Joker doesn't kill him I will."

"Who?" hank asked as I began to walked out.

"Crimson." I said as I slammed the door behind me." He has a lot of explaining to do."

---Few hours later---

"When are mom and Nights going to be back?" Song asked as she stretched out on the couch.

"Sometime today I think." Crimson said as he sat in a chair." National City is a good couple hours drive away." He said as I pulled into the driveway." And their back."

"I wonder how it went." Song said as she heard the car door slam." I wonder if they got to see Supergirl?"

"Possibly." Crimson said I opened the door." Hey Nights how'd it....WHOA!!!!" he yelled as I threw a punch at him." What was that about?" He said as I jabbed at him which he dodged again as he tripped me." Nights, what wrong?"

"Care to explain why The Joker showed up in National City tonight?" I said glaring at Crimson." And kidnapped Spitfire."

"Wait..WHAT?!?!" Crimson said as I stood back up." What do you mean Spitfire was kidnapped?"

"I'm pretty sure I made it clear." I said as my body filled with rage." Not only that he's working with Scarecrow and Chrysalis."

" She's back." Crimson said in a low tone so soft you could barely hear it. As my body shook with anger I tried to tackle him to the ground but to little success. Before I could grab him he gripped my arm and propped it on his shoulder. I had no idea what was happening until my feet left the ground only to be reunited with it with a solid thump.

"How can I be calm when Mom was taken by some psychopath, working with some woman who hates the country." I said as Crimson looked at me surprised." And Joker said he wanted Spitfire because both him and Chrysalis want revenge."

"I see." Crimson said as I stood back up." Listen, I need to go, In case something happens while I'm gone, Song, there's something in the workshop for you on the top shelf, and for you Nights, did you get you memories back or deal with the nightmares?"

"Memories, yes, nightmares, I don't know." I said as Crimson nodded and began walking outside." You better have a plan."

"Nights, what happened?" Song asked as she looked at me with fear." Why did you attack dad?"

"Because he's the reason mom was taken." I said as Song gasped." I know."

"You called Spitfire mom." Song said as I looked at her surprised." Also what will we do if Joker comes here looking for dad?"

"Let's hope that doesn't happen." I said as I went to the workshop." Let's find that thing that Crimson was talking about." I said as we entered." He said top shelf right?"

"He did." Song said as she looked around." These are some cool gadgets."

"They are." I said as I pulled a box down with Songs name on it." Found it."

"Should I open it?" Song asked as I handed the box to her." I wonder what it is?"

"Open it then." I said as I grabbed the power gloves that Crimson made for me." Maybe it's some sort of weapon." I said as Song opened the box." Well?"

"It's some sort of suit." Song said pulling out a shimmering black and green cape that could almost wrap around her."I wonder what it does?"

" I don't know." I said with a confused look on my face." Oh wait here are some directions."

" What do they say?" Song asked eagerly. The directions said for her to imagine an animal or body modification. She complied and all of a sudden she turned into a green and black dog. She couldn't hold the form for long but it was still amazing. Then there was a knocking at the door.

" I wonder if that's dad he may have forgotten something." Song said as both of us were wondering who it was. When we got to the door we could see almost everybody in the neighborhood heck the whole town outside our house. Cautiously I opened the door to be surprised by who I saw before us.

"I have a riddle. What do you call two high school students who open the door when their parents aren't around?" Said a mysterious man in a full green suit." Time's up kiddies. The answer is..... Bait!" Suddenly he whipped Spitfire out from behind him with chains wrapped around her.

" Are you working with him?!" I screamed as I could feel my powers surging through the gloves.

" Sorry little boy but there will be none of that." A dark deceptive voice above me said. I looked up only to see a dark figure I know all too well jump down and throw something at Song as she stomped on my head. The pain was so intense I couldn't even yell for help. However, I could hear Song scream.

" Did you know that changelings are extremely weak when it comes to electrical shocks?" Chrysalis said as she threw both of us onto the ground in front of our mom.

" Now to show all of you we aren't joking around these two will be made an example!" As the last words left the Riddlers mouth I felt a strong kick to my stomach. The first hit hurt but this pain was unimaginable I tried my best to stay conscious.

" Can I finish them now?" Chrysalis asked very annoyed.

" Yes we are done with them." The Riddler said.

She grinned as she put on her own gloves then suddenly her hands turned into two giant swords which she aimed above our heads like she was playing golf. Then she let out a dark laugh which turned to screams of utter pain. I looked up only to see the purple hue of changling blood fly into the air as her two hands were separated from the rest of her body.

" AAAAAHHHHH!" She screamed in front of her." Who dares challenge the Queen of Changelings?"

I looked up only to see a cloud of dust with something else coming out of the bottom of it. What is this dark blue mist? But before I could get away from it Song and I were covered it in. Then I felt my body sizzle. But it didn't hurt that bad it was like putting hydrogen peroxide on a scrape. I looked around trying to see who was doing it only to see Spitfire begin to cry. The other thing I noticed about her was she was.... smiling? I couldn't tell for sure because of the clothe over her mouth but I knew she was smiling as she looked at the mist. I followed her gaze only to notice the giant figure standing in the middle of the dust covered in... an extra skeleton?

" What's wrong Chrysalis I thought you were used to being butchered by me?" The mysterious figure said. His voice was like twenty different grown men with the deepest of voices talking at the same time.

" Show yourself peasant!" She yelled at the figure.

" If you say so you royal bitch." The mysterious man said as something on his back appeared and blew the dust away.
A couple minutes later I could see what it was they were wings.

Wait... WINGS?! I thought to myself. I wiped my eyes and realized it was true, but they weren't bird wings they resembled those of a bat or something. And the man himself was scary looking. He was dark purple and green with black eyes with red pupils had a yellow flaming skeleton surrounding him and had color changing... mist?

Then the look of anger on Chrysalis's face went from that of anger to pure hatred." You?!" She yelled at me as everybody else who was watching gasped.

I regained enough strength to mutter a single sentence." Who... Who are you?" I asked the mysterious man.
" Take it easy Nights and the name is..... Grimstone." He said. Then he glared at chrysalis with his black and blood red eyes." And as for you! Are you ready to die again?"

Author's Note:

And I think monster by skillet would fit here