• Published 15th Jun 2016
  • 2,754 Views, 80 Comments

A Change In Scenery - TaylorTheFailure



A week after moving into my new house, a miracle turned my life into a dream come true.

  • ...
6
 80
 2,754

Is It Though?

“Ugh, my head?” Why the hell is my voice still so childish? I must still be dreaming, and if so, this is the longest and strangest dream I think I’ve had in a while. Also, where am I, I must’ve passed out or something after I breached the forest. I looked around to find myself on a green couch, with my head snuggled up next to a yellow pillow at the end of it. Weird. The room is comfortably lit and the walls are made of nice wood. There are also some bird houses dangling from the ceiling. Looks awfully familiar.

“Hello there. Glad to see you’re awake,” says a sweet voice that could only have come from a yellow pony with pink hair. Oh, that’s right, I saw Fluttershy before I passed out. She must’ve brought me back to her cabin. That was nice of her.

She then continued, “Um. I-I saw you were really hurt, so I brought you back to my house. Sorry for not asking, but you passed out before I got the chance. A-And I couldn’t just leave you there all alone”.

I can’t think of what to say so I utter a shy “Thanks” in response.

“Y-You looked really hurt. You had a whole bunch of cuts in your fur, but Angel and I did our best to bandage you up”. I looked down at my new body with soft fur and hooves covered in bandages where the cuts were. Man, this dream really is so cool. I actually feel like I got cut and am covered in real bandages. Weird. Also what the hell is that! Are those freaking wings. NO WAY, how did I miss those! That’s so sick! But I don’t even know how to move them. Even if I did, I have bandages on them anyways, I must have had some really bad cuts there because the bandages are huge. After this new enlightenment I turned my attention back on Fluttershy.

“You’re more than welcome to stay until you get better” Fluttershy said with a smile.

“Thank you” I responded. My high pitched voice in this dream is going to take some getting used to.

“Certainly. Do you need anything else?”

“No thank you” I quietly responded.

“Oh, okay. If you do need anything in the future, please let me know”.

Fluttershy’s hair was then lightly pulled by her bunny, Angel, who sat beside her. “Okay Angel” Fluttershy gently responded.

“Please excuse me, I’m going to put Angel to bed. You should get some rest too, it’s already night time”. Fluttershy then slowly picked up Angel and gently walked up the stairs. Well, the dream was fun while it lasted. I’m going to probably wake up in my own house, with my human body and no Fluttershy and no damn wings. Too bad. I mean maybe I can have this dream again some time though. Alright, well here I come 6:00 baseball tournament.

The next morning, I awoke to the smell of flapjacks. Wow, I can’t believe Dad was nice enough to make pancakes before the tournament this early in the morning. Then I slowly opened my eyes to be put in a state of pure disbelief and shock, I’m in Fluttershy’s cabin, still laying on the couch. How damn long is this dream! Or am I even dreaming?

My thoughts were then interrupted by the sound of hooves entering the room, “Good morning. I hope you don’t mind, but I made some pancakes and was wondering if you wanted some. They’re Angel’s favorite”.

“I would love some. Thank you”. I still don’t understand my damn high pitched and shy voice.

Fluttershy smiled, leaving a plate of flapjacks right next to me on the couch, before heading back into the kitchen. Man, these do smell really good. I guess I can figure out what’s happening after a nice meal. But how am I supposed to eat this without any silverware or hands to hold it. I’ll figure it out. Leaning my head over the plate, I bent down and took a bite directly from the highest pancake. WOW! This is amazing, I’ve never eaten anything this good before! I mean it feels like my taste buds are literally on drugs. I rushed to take another bite of the pancakes, then another, and another until my face was smothered in pancake and syrup.

When I eventually licked the plate clean, Fluttershy walked in, “I’m guessing you liked them” she said with a shy chuckle and smile. I just nodded, still mesmerized by the taste of the flapjacks.

“C-Can I ask you something” Fluttershy said with a curious look.

I stared back at her curiously and shyly nodded.

“If it’s not too much to ask, I was wondering what happened to you yesterday. I came across you near the edge of the Everfree forest when you were passed out and I didn’t know what to think. You were badly hurt, with cuts all over your poor body. You were barely breathing, you looked like you were in unbearable pain”. Fluttershy began to slightly sob as she continued, “Nopony deserves that, especially not a young foal like you”.

WAIT, WHAT! A YOUNG FOAL! NO NO NO NO. I’m a damn child? It would explain the voice and why everything looks bigger to me, but it seems a little ridiculous. I mean I know this is probably just some kind of extremely long dream, but what if it’s not. What if I’m trapped here!

I looked back at Fluttershy, her sob turning into a full fledge rain storm. I guess tears were contagious because I began feeling the same stream of water coming from my eyes. We continued to sob for what seemed like an entire minute until we began to settle down.

“W-Well I’m going to make sure that you get the best care I can give,” Fluttershy said as she cuddled me under her wing. It kind of surprised me how soft her wing was; it was like really comfortable. I may have begun to nuzzle into it, don’t judge.

We sat in the middle of the room for a while, with me comfortably tucked underneath her wing until we heard a knock at the door. Me and Fluttershy both immediately raised our heads towards the door. Fluttershy then got up and slowly walked towards the door. Out of my nervous nature of meeting new people and possibly being trapped in a world full of ponies, I ran behind the couch I slept on last night and hid from the ‘newcomer’. From behind the couch, I could hear the door creak open and a familiar voice speak to Fluttershy.

“Hey Fluttershy. A-Are you okay? You look like you were crying. Is everything okay?” I swear I recognize that voice, it is so familiar, but I think I’m still in shock of possibly being stuck here as a filly.

“Oh, I’m fine. Thank you” responded Fluttershy. “But I do want to introduce you to a new friend I met”.

“Is it another squirrel you found in a nearby tree” responded a seemingly sarcastic pony.

“No, something much better! I don’t know where she went.” Wait, where SHE went. NO NO NO! Why does it keep getting worse? First, I might be trapped in a fictional land filled with ponies, then I found out that I’m a foal, and now I’m a SHE. No, I just don’t believe this. I have to wake up at some point please!

My thoughts were then interrupted by the sounds of hooves walking around the room, probably looking for me. I must have some kind of heightened sense of hearing as a filly because I can literally hear everything. It’s pretty cool. It sounds like they’re slowly and gently checking the room to not startle me or something, I don’t know. I may be getting a little bit scared as the sound of hooves begins to get a little bit louder and louder, as if they’re approaching me because they probably are. I’m just sitting here, hiding behind the couch, like a stone that might break at any time from all the pressure and all the unanswered questions. The sounds of hooves keep getting a little bit louder and louder and louder, and I can feel my heartbeat double in pace as if I’m watching the scariest horror film ever and can’t look away.

Then my heart stops when the sounds of the hooves goes silent and I can hear breathing right above me. I’m absolutely terrified, there is most definitely someone staring down at me from on the couch. I slowly turn my head at what I expect to be my doom, the biggest jump scare of all time.

Except what I find, staring right back at me, isn’t a face of horror, but an amazed, joyous and bewildered look. One that makes me exert the same extraordinary reaction when I recognize who it is, RAINBOW DASH!!!