• Published 22nd Jun 2016
  • 635 Views, 33 Comments

Equestria Girls (How I Would Have Done It) - Calligraphy Legends



Rarity's a fashionista who wants to help run the school, Rainbow's an athlete with a small temper, AJ's a farm girl who keeps to herself, Fluttershy's the quiet one, Pinkie's the glue holding them together, and- Who's Sunset Shimmer?

  • ...
15
 33
 635

|:Chapter 2:|

Applejack was a simple girl. She wore faded blue jeans, brown cowboy boots, a black tank top, and a green plaid shirt. Her blonde hair was held together at the bottom by a brown hair tie and a red apple clip. Her green eyes shone with an underlying wisdom, freckles dotting across her cheeks. Her orange tinted skin showed the signs of someone who worked hard, with scratches and calluses bringing a front to just how much work went into a farm. She tucked her hat into her locker, since she wasn’t allowed to wear one in class.

As Applejack walked to first period, she waved to a few people who wished her good morning. Applejack wasn’t shy, nor was she unpopular. In fact, almost everybody in school knew who she was. However, she didn’t really have anyone she would consider a friend beyond her family. It wasn’t that she didn’t want friends either, she just didn’t think she had the time.

Talking to Rarity that morning is what brought up this thought. Her and Rarity had been very close as children, best friends even. Despite coming from drastically different worlds, the two loved to play together as little girls. But then, there was the accident…

Applejack shook the thoughts out of her head. She hadn’t thought about that in years, the stinging in her eyes was the reason why.

“Never mind that,” she told herself. “That’s in the past, no need to think about it.”

She took her seat in first period geometry, in the back of the room. Class didn’t start for another ten minutes, but she prefered to be early. Suddenly a pink blur ran past her and sat beside her. It was Pinkie Pie.

“Good morning!” she said in her overly hyped up, cheerful voice.

“Mornin’,” Applejack replied, pretending to look over her notes.

“Guess what?!”

“What?”

“You’re supposed to guess, silly.” Pinkie let out a giggle.

“You brought free cupcake samples for the cafeteria again?” Applejack half heartedly guessed.

“I only bring those once a month and that was last week.” Pinkie Pie was still grinning from ear to ear. “Guess again!”

“You got an A on the test in Home Ec?”

“I don’t know… Guess again!”

“Ugh, last time. You can’t wait for the next school dance?”

“Well everyone is excited for that! But, that’s not it. It’s-”

The bell cut her off.

“Awww,” her hot pink hair seemed to deflate a little.

They were taking a test that morning, which Applejack didn’t mind. She focused on the problems in front of her, trying to remember everything from her notes and from the lectures. Once she finished, she turned it in and went back to her seat. Pulling out a book to read while she waited for the rest of the class to finish.

By the time the test was done and that night's homework given out, Principle Crest was coming over the speakers to make an announcement. As he announced who would be running for positions in student council, Applejack understood now why Rarity was dressed so fancy.

“Aww, I wanted to tell you,” Pinkie Pie quietly muttered.

Applejack shrugged. For her, this stuff wasn’t really a big deal. She didn’t really care who was on the student council, she was only at school because she had to be.

Author's Note:

Before I get Applehorse hate, please read this.
I didn't make this chapter focusing on AJ short because I don't like her, I honestly think she's a great character. However, I have a lot planned for her that is going to be revealed slowly over time. Alright? :ajsmug: