• Published 7th Jun 2016
  • 440 Views, 1 Comments

Discovering Secrets - TheMTVGAMEONE1



After talking with Sunset Shimmer, Metal Circuit gets a message from her dad. After that, she wants to find out more about the mysterious mare.

  • ...
1
 1
 440

1 After Talk

Viper Suit, a formally dressed Pegasus with a black and white mane and tail and a blue coat, was standing in a garden where a moonlight art exhibit was being held. She was largely ignoring the artwork, however. The social aspect of the gallery was far more interesting to her. There were a lot of important ponies attending, even Princess Luna. She was watching two talking in particular.

One of them was Viper’s old school friend, Metal Circuit. She was a Pegasus and also formally dressed like her. The difference between them was that she had canary yellow colored fur, a black mane, and a black tail with a bright green and a dark green stripe in it. Her cutie mark was a green circle, with yellow colored power lines and circuits on it. She had recently been given the position of Canterlot district manager of “Advanced Con Ductor Circuits”, or ACDC, her father’s company specializing in electric parts and circuits.

The pony she was talking to was an amber colored Unicorn, with a yellow and red mane and tail. Her cutie mark was a yellow and red sun. The only thing she knew about that pony was her name – Sunset Shimmer.

Something looked familiar about this Unicorn to Viper Suit, but she didn’t know from where she recognized that pony. Sunset looked older than her, so it couldn’t be a class mate. ‘Maybe a classmate of my dad? I’ll have to look that up when I’m back at my parents house,’ Viper thought to herself. Before she could dwell on it, she was approached by Metal Circuit.

“And how was it?” asked Viper.

“To be honest with you, this Sunset knows a lot about electronics and stuff from what she had told me, and she seems quite nice. Besides, she got recommended from Princess Luna, but I don’t know… something was odd, like she was distracted,” answered Metal, who was now standing beside Viper, who just looked at her. “From what Luna had told me earlier she works with Twilight, which is great, but I don’t really think that Twilight is a good choice for this project.”

“Are we talking about the Twilight?” Viper asked.

“Yeah, Princess Twilight Sparkle, who lives down in Ponyville. But like I said, I don’t think she has the know how for electronics and how they work. But I don’t really have to do a lot here, just give them the resources.”

“So you have a deal?”

“No I gave Sunset my card, and now we need to wait for a reply.” Metal look at her partner, who looked like she wanted to tell her something but nothing came so Metal just said, “Ok then, let’s head back to the party shall we?” And both walked back to the art exhibit.


After the art exhibit, Metal and Viper walked to where they both lived. “About this Sunset, do you really think it is a good idea to work with her, Metal?” Viper asked with a worried look on her face.

“I can’t say I am thrilled, but like I said earlier I just give the parts. And besides that, she has contacts to the Princesses Twilight, Luna, and maybe even Celestia. And if what they are trying to do works, then do you know what that means for us?”

Viper just sighed. She didn’t like the idea at all. Although there was a lot of potential if it went well, there was also a lot at risk. “I know but think about it, if it really works and it gets in the wrong hooves…”

“Viper, why are you so worried all the time? Relax a bit, nothing bad will happen, I swear by Celestia.”

“You know I just want to be one hundred percent sure you and the company are in no risk. After all, I am the consultant for the company.”

“But there is no risk, Viper. Do you know why? Because Princess Twilight is involved.”

Viper sighed again, and before they realized it, they were already at home. The house was something special, with one side for each pony. Metal’s side was painted black like her mane, and had green ornamentation. Viper’s side was also painted black, but with the difference that her ornamentation was blue. The lights were also special, while Metal’s side had green lights, Viper’s side had blue and white lights. Also both had their own door. Both wished each other a good night, and went in their side of the home.

Metal made herself a quick tea before she got up and walked to a table where a book laid open. In it was written

‘Hi Metal. How is it in Canterlot? Do you like it there, and how do you like your new house? But now enough about that familiar stuff. About this pony that you told me Princess Luna was introducing you to tonight. Sunset Shimmer was her name, right? An old friend of mine with the name Brass Badge had a daughter who went missing around fourteen years ago. Her name was Sunset Shimmer, and she was the personal student of Princess Celestia when she went missing. So whatever is going on here, please don’t take any risks.
Take care, Dad

PS: this book is great, thanks for sending it to me.’

Metal just stared at the text that her dad had sent her. She was confused. Hadn’t Sunset Shimmer mentioned she had studied technology for about fourteen years?

“This is strange,” she told herself. “How could this be possible? She fits exactly to the description of the age, but I’ll have to visit this Brass Badge some time in the next few days.”

She rubbed her eyes and closed the book. The good thing about Princess Luna arranging the meeting was that she enjoyed being up late. All the same, it had been a long day, and she was more than ready for bed. She drank the last of her tea, set the cup in the sink, and went upstairs. As she lay down, she couldn’t stop wondering about the strange circumstances of the mare she had met with..

Author's Note:

A story set in the Who We Become series, takes place after chapter five of Finding Home


Edited by Krickis,