• Published 7th Jun 2016
  • 659 Views, 2 Comments

Comfort - ReadingRainboom



Winters are never easy for this rainbow horse.

  • ...
2
 2
 659

Solace is Here

It was a cold, dim night in the Cloudominium. The curtains rustled and bended to the night's will, setting off a gentle breeze in the humble abode. Dripping of water drops cracked the silence every few seconds nearby and tiny slippers, resembling a pet tortoise's owner image can be seen as lay at the foot of the cloud bed, where a sleeping blue mare; a pegasus, by the name of Rainbow Dash, is under the covers, with low sounding snores filling the airwaves.

Tank, on the other hoof, is nowhere to be seen, after all it is Winter. Rainbow Dash had gone to bed early this night... a Friday night. Instead of attending the usual gatherings with her friends, like the laidback, and energetic mare she is, instead she's sleeping. The blue mare figured that if she slept early that night, maybe the pain of seeing her beloved pet Tank gone the night before, would help her forget the depressed notion that there was now an empty spot on her soft cloud mattress, "Tank... don't leave yet...", Rainbow Dash would mumble in her sleep, as she dreamt of the awful feeling of many winters past. It was always difficult seeing snow clouds gather around Ponyville, because she realized that reading her Daring Do novels would be less fun without her beloved pet by her side.

She'd always polish that shell of his twice once hibernation kicked in. Rainbow Dash was always caring towards Tank, and Winter was no exception. They'd always play one last game before she walked him up to the tallest hill, with dented tree at the top. They'd say their goodbyes and even one last 'nose snuggle' between their snouts before Rainbow Dash would have to play the waiting game. After tears were shed, in the distance however she'd see her friends throwing snowballs, building snowponies, and having general winter wonder fun! Twilight would trot up to her, magic engulfed in a tissue, wiping at Rainbow's eyes, hugging her close and whispering sweet nothings through her ears before they seperated. "Tank loves you, Rainbow... he'll be back", she wrapped a wing around Dash's figure, "C'mon. You still have the rest of your friends who aren't going anywhere...", Twilight motioned them over the frozen lakeside. No more tears were shed. Just two smiles; Rainbow Dash as she dreamed a beautiful dream... and The Princess of The Night, as she watched over the speedster's dreamscape.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoy! This is my second story. EVER. I only hope to get better! Review and PM if you wanna chat! Peace.