• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 6,613 Views, 361 Comments

Renew - lorettafox



The sequel to These Dreams and the three are being pursed by a pony from Discord's past who wants him gone forever and will stop at nothing to have it happen, even it means hurting the family if so.

  • ...
27
 361
 6,613

The Letters


Apple Sweet closed The History of Equestria book she had been reading to see if there was anything at all that could defeat Discord, but she soon discovered that the Elements of Harmony were the most powerful things known to ponykind. It did however say in the book that the Elements power could become more powerful than they already were by combining ponies energy who also had similar qualities.

"And with Princess Celestia's help, I'm sure she and the Elements could imprison him back in stone and this time won't be allowed to break free again!" Apple Sweet spoke happily. "After what he did to me those years ago, he's deserves it. I must get to Canterlot immediately!"

With the book put away, Apple Sweet ran out of the library and out into Manehattan to find a way to get to Canterlot and the Princess.

-------------------------------------------------------

Twilight, Discord, and Screwball were onto of the Empire Hoof Building looking out over all of Manehattan. It was definitely the biggest city in all of Equestria, but Canterlot was definitely more important political wise.

"What a lovely view. You can see all of Equestria from up here!" Twilight remarked.

"It sure is, Mommy!" smiled Screwball.

"I can see why this building is the tallest. You really can see everything from up here." Discord said.

"It says in one of my books that-" Twilight began when she was interrupted by a scroll appearing before her.

"What in Equestria is this...?" Twilight spoke as she unrolled the scroll and began to read it.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

I received your scroll and I must admit, I am pretty shocked that you've actually gone and married Discord. But I know how much you love him after all you've done to break him free from his stone prison. I am happy for you both, I only wished I could have been there to have overseen the marriage.

I also read how you said a simple apology wouldn't do, but I still wish you could come back to Canterlot so we could discuss everything that happened and find a way so this whole ugly thing could be put behind us.

Do you remember how you were able to free Discord? It was because you gained extra power from a very important spell I casted upon you which also granted you the appearance of Canterlot royalty as well. I also taught you a spell that could melt stone and another that allowed you to speak to him the day before you actually unsealed him. I do remember I was under Discord's magic, but that did not stop me from making any decisions from teaching you on how he could be freed. I did it because how sorry I felt for you and that he used to make me feel the exact same way before I found out what he was truly like over a thousand years ago.

Also, I wanted to place you both under that sleeping spell for a very good reason. I know now that it would have been to terribly painful for me to bare as I can't stand the thought of not being able to see my student for a month and a half let alone three years. The reason is that most ponies wouldn't be happy with you two and would think you have been corrupted, by dear student. With that spell, I could keep you both safe and change Equestria's thinking on Discord.

Without chaos, there is no harmony and vice-versa. And without love, a pony's heart can turn lonely and even dark. My student, if you could possibly come back from wherever you are, I know we can discuss this entire thing out and find a way to make this event go away because I deeply miss you, Twilight. It feels just like when i had to send Nightmare Moon to the moon, the pain just never went away.

I just hope you get this scroll and can possibly come back to Canterlot. I really do wish to discuss this entire thing out with you and Discord and come to an agreement where we are all happy and can forget this whole event.

Your mentor,
Princess Celestia of Equestria

P.S. Spike here. Twilight, you really should come back, Celestia has really been sad, almost depressed since you and Discord left. And the last time I was in Ponyville, I was told Pinkie Pie just kept on baking cookies because she didn't want to think how much she missed you.

Twilight rolled the scroll up and looked out over the Manehattan horizon. Celestia did sound like she truly missed Twilight and just wanted to do anything to have her back and forgive her.

"What was that letter about, my dear?" Discord asked.

"Are you ok, Mommy?" Screwball asked.

"I-I think our time in Manehattan may just be about over." Twilight said.

"Why so? Screwball just arrived today." said Discord.

"The letter was from Princess Celestia wanting to find a way to apologize to me. I can't believe I didn't remember any of this when she sent the last letter."

"Remember what, Mommy?"

"Celestia was the one who gave me the extra magical power to free Discord. Luna even taught me a spell in my dreams too. I had forgotten that they too helped freed you, Discord."

"That's right. They were still under my influence but that decision was Celestia's, not my magic's." said Discord.

"I have been holding a grudge too long. If I keep holding onto it, I may end up becoming a bitter pony."

"You? Bitter? Then you'd be more boring then you are now." Discord smirked.

"HEY!" Twilight snapped in annoyance. "Do you forget what you already did to this supposedly boring mare? You must find me somewhat interesting to do this to me."

"You're pregnant. I know. It's already been stated for the millionth time today. I am excited that another foal will be able to create chaos for me, along with little Screwy here!" he smiled as he patted Screwball's head.

"And I can teach them chaos as well, but they'll get a much better lesson from Daddy." Screwball smiled happily.

"So, should we return to Canterlot, Dissy?" Twilight asked.

"I do like our chaotic apartment here in Manehattan, but I do have a soft spot for Canterlot and Ponyville. Call it a weakness if you will, but so much has happened there, it's almost like home to me." Discord said. "And that sounded way too cheesy for my liking!" he laughed.

"So, yes?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"Yes, egghead or do I need to break your skull open to get my answer straight to your brain?" Discord joked. "See what I just did there? Priceless!"

"I could tell." Twilight said.

"How funny. I just came from Canterlot to find Daddy and now I'm going back to Canterlot with Daddy! I have been away long enough though. I haven't pranked the guards ever since I've been here!" said Screwball.

"You've only been here for a few hours, Screwball." reminded Twilight.

"I know but there's always time for a good prank, Mommy! Right, Daddy?"

"That's my little Screwy!" Discord spoke happily as Screwball smiled a bigger smile than before.

"Let me write a letter to Celestia and we-" Twilight spoke when she was interrupted by a second scroll appearing. "Another scroll? Who could this one be from?"

Twilight opened the second scroll and read it's contents.

Dear Twilight,

I can't believe it's been a month and a half since you left Cloudsdale that faithful night. I'm not sure if you've gotten a letter from Celestia yet, but she really regrets her decision on what she almost did that night in Cloudsdale. Ever since you left, she's been so depressed. She's been performing her royal duties, but she doesn't have that usual happiness when she does something. I know you're still mad, but if you and Discord could possibly come back to Canterlot, perhaps both of you could talk to Celestia and reach an agreement and forget that horrible night.

Also, everypony misses you so much, Twilight. Shining and me even miss Discord too. It seems a little boring around here knowing that you're not in Ponyville where we can go and easily visit you when we'd like. Mom has been crying so much and still gets teary at the mere mention of your name. Dad's been doing everything to comfort her, but the pain seems unbearable to her. I know you've been writing everypony, but you actually being there would make everypony's pain for you go away.

I overheard Princess Celestia that you and Discord are married! It's quite a shock, but congrats to you both! I wish I could have seen the ceremony, bet it was sure small! But still, could you both come out of hiding and return to Canterlot, please? Tia won't try anything, you can trust me on this. But please come back, Twilight. Everypony misses you.

Love,
Cadence and Shining Armor

Twilight hung her head in guilt as she read Cadence's letter. She didn't realize just how much pain she had caused everypony by leaving. She knew she had to make things right.

Twilight conjured up a scroll and quill before her. Already been pre-inked, Twilight began writing on the scroll.

Dear Princess Celestia,

I must apologize for my last letter. I hadn't realized how much this was hurting you. I still stand by what I said that a simple apology won't do, but I'm sure we can come to an agreement about the night in Cloudsdale and forget about the whole incident. Cadence and Shining Armor also wrote me a letter as well, so you can call them in when you get this letter.

Discord and I will return back to Canterlot, with the addition of one more as Discord's daughter (I never knew about her before just about four hours ago) Screwball came and met us. Apparently, she can recognize her father's own brand of magic. We will return back in the room I used while I was in Canterlot last around midnight.

Please invite my friends to the castle tonight if that isn't too much trouble for you. I never realized how much pain I caused everypony and it's time to repair all the damage that has been caused. Tell everypony that I will be seeing them tonight.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle

With a simple thought, Twilight's scroll turned into magical dust on it's way to Princess Celestia and everypony else.

"Come along, you two. We have a few things to take care of before we head back to Canterlot." Twilight said as she opened up her wings and flew off the Empire Hoof Building. Screwball and Discord followed directly after her as they flew towards the apartment, intending to reverse what had been done there and make it seem like they had never even been there.