• Published 25th May 2016
  • 295 Views, 0 Comments

Genetic Dead End - peacevic



The ghosts of the past return in the tenth and final part of the Genetic Research Series.

  • ...
 0
 295

Chapter 1

Genetic Dead End ch.1

It was widely believed that the citizens of Ponyville were completely insane.

Peacevic was inclined to agree as he watched the townsponies prepare for yet another festival. Though he supposed he couldn't really fault them for this one. as he was the one performing and subsequently getting paid. All the other ones though...

Sighing, he decided to take a tour of the town itself. He was done setting up, so what would be the problem? Close as Ponyville was to Canterlot, he'd still never been here before.

So, with his bodyguard hovering behind him, Peacevic set off for the town square.

Ponyville wasn't that bad to look at, though it was very small. The entire town would have only amounted to a district back in Canterlot. Still, the architecture was pleasant.

"Please tell me you're not the one they got to perform."

Peacevic turned, and broke out into a grin when he saw who it was that had spoken. "Twilight! My second-favorite princess!"

Twilight wasn't alone, though. Standing to her left was an orange, well-muscled earth pony with blond hair. She had a very pretty face and the best kind of curves. Peacevic figured she was probably quite... vigorous.

"So who's your hot friend?" Peacevic pressed when Twilight said nothing in reply to his greeting. The Princess groaned and facehoofed several times.

"Whoa there," the mare said, smiling slightly despite herself. "Little early to be so forward, don't ya think? We ain't even been introduced yet."

Using his magic, Peacevic snatched her snazzy-looking cowboy hat and gallantly bowed with it. "My name's Peacevic, rapper extraordinaire and close friend of Twilight here."

"I'm Applejack. Can I have my hat back now?" Applejack extended a hoof expectantly.

The unicorn set the hat on his mane, tipped back so his horn could poke out in front of it. "You can take it from me..."

"Seriously, Peacevic?" With another groan Twilight wrapped the hat up in her own magic and floated it back to Applejack.

"You, Twilight, are no fun. Have I ever told you that?"

"Yes." Twilight didn't care.

"There you are!" In an instant Rainbow Dash was next to them, with a beautiful unicorn mare gracefully arriving soon after.

Applejack grimaced. "Rarity."

The new pony, apparently called Rarity, simply looked away with a 'hmph'. Peacevic didn't need to be a mind reader to tell that these two had some sort of issue with each other. Which was really too bad...

"Hello, Rainbow Dash." The look on Twilight's face made Peacevic think she was completely done with the other girls' feud.

That impressed Peacevic, in a way. Twilight had been the most stubborn unicorn he'd ever met, besides himself. Becoming an alicorn hadn't really changed that much. How did they get the Princess of Friendship to give up?

"Hey, Twilight," Rainbow Dash acknowledged, somewhat off-hoofedly. She was focused on Peacevic's bodyguard. "You said we could hang out while you were in town."

"Rainbow, I'm working," Ice reminded his sister.

"So?"

"So we can hang out after the show."

Peacevic shrugged. "I don't have a problem with that."

"Oh hey, there's Fluttershy and Trixie," Applejack pointed out to Twilight.

"Trixie would be surprised to see Peacevic here," Trixie said as she and Fluttershy joined the group, "if Trixie didn't know he took every opportunity to aggravate Twilight."

"Nice to see you too, Trixie." Peacevic would've tipped Applejack's hat to her, if it hadn't been taken away.

"Um, Rainbow Dash, the other weatherponies wanted me to tell you there's a big cloud forming over the Everfree Forest."

"Thanks, Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash flitted over to other pegasus. "As long as they're keeping an eye on it, it shouldn't be a problem. It's not very windy today."

"Well, all we need now is for Sus to show up and..." Peacevic trailed off as he saw the aforementioned unicorn trotting towards them. "Speaking of."

"Peacevic, I've been looking all over for you. Tom just sent you a message-"

SusP.E.C.T. stopped dead as he noticed Fluttershy. Given the yellow pegasus' quiet nature, and the fact that Rainbow Dash had been blocking her from his view, that only happened once the two were already very close to each other. Thus Peacevic was treated to the sight of them standing a couple of feet apart, both looking shyly away from each other. Their choices in mane style meant that their unobstructed eye's were on the rapper's side.

It was probably the most adorable thing Peacevic had ever seen.

Pulling his hype-pony off to the side, Peacevic whispered, "If I'm not mistaken, I did a photo shoot with her once. I can put a good word in, if you want."

Before Sus could respond, the knees of every pony with a horn buckled as a sense of dread washed over them.

"Did you- what was that?" Rarity shakily looked around in confusion.

Peacevic ignored her, turning instead to Twilight. "It's them. Did you get a fix?"

Twilight nodded and extended her hooves in two directions.

"Alright everypony, listen up," Peacevic commanded, his tone inviting no interruption. "As of right now, for reasons we don't have time to get into, the lives of every pony in the vicinity of Ponyville are in mortal danger."

"What kind of mortal danger?" Tone or no tone, the hot earth pony was willing to interrupt. Peacevic found he liked that.

"A necromantic cult," Twilight answered. "They're trying to perform a ritual sacrifice."

Peacevic's newest dream mare narrowed her eyes at that. "Then let's get to it."

"Good. Ok- Sus, you and Yellow-Pony-Whose-Name-I'm-Forgetting-Right-Now-Sorry go in one of the directions Twilight is pointing out. You'll find a tiny altar, which might be guarded. All you have to do is mess it up a little, it'll slow down the ritual. But be careful! In and out, no heroics."

Despite their obvious nervousness, the two nodded and set off. Twilight put the corresponding foreleg down.

"Ice, you and your sister head back to the fairgrounds," Peacevic ordered. "Start evacuating everypony, whatever it takes."

"You're kidding, right? There's no way I'm letting you guys put yourself in danger without me. I have to help!" Rainbow Dash looked around in outrage, hoping somepony would back her up.

Peacevic waited a few seconds for one of the others to speak up, then sighed. He would have to say it. "Ice's Sister, listen. I get it- seriously, I do. But here's the hard truth. We might fail. Even if you're with us, we could lose. And if that happens, those ponies will die. So you're going to do your job as a former Element, as a bucking hero, and you're going to save them!"

Rainbow Dash seemed as if she was going to press the issue, but Ice put a hoof on her shoulder and jerked his head towards the concert area. Dash slumped in defeat and the two of them shot away.

"Okay, next is the second altar," Peacevic resumed. "Hot Unicorn, you go with Hot Cowgirl. Same deal as the first one, be careful."

"Excuse me, what did you just call me?"

Applejack groaned and started walking in the direction Twilight was pointing. "Come on, Miss Priss. There'll be time enough to buck him when we get back."

"Yes, please do."

"That's not what I meant and you know it!" Applejack's face flushed red.

After they left, Trixie cleared her throat. "So, Peacevic, that just leaves you, Twilight, and Trixie. What are we going to do?"

"We're going to go after her." Peacevic pointed, and the other two turned to see a cloaked pony who was skulking about a block away. Cloaked Pony noticed that they had noticed, spun around, and started running.

The two unicorn entertainers. and alicorn Princess, gave chase.