• Published 26th May 2016
  • 2,657 Views, 263 Comments

Sometimes They Call Me Super - KorenCZ11



My name is Jaquline Apple, but most ponies call me Applejack. However, that isn't my only name. Every now and again, ponies know me as Marevelous Red. Sometimes they call me Super, other times they call me a Hero.

  • ...
17
 263
 2,657

PreviousChapters Next
Persona IV: The Line Between Dreams and Reality

Applejack


“Gah, that’s enough!” Ah yelled. Down in the trainin’ room, not one, not two, not three, not four, but all five of my teammates were seconds from collapsin’ where they stood.

“Oh thank goddess,” Pinkie said as she let herself slide ta the floor, covered in sweat. “Oww...”

“Geez. I know you were pulling your punches, but did you have to stop doing that when I was the target?” Goose complained.

“Ya don’t get sympathy, none of ya, but especially you.Ah can’t just play trainer here. Ah have ta be better than Ah am, and they can’t stay as terrible as they used ta be either. We don't have the time...

“So, I suppose… I quite understand the... the consequences of our failing tomorrow-” Rarity began. Ah probably overreacted, but this set me off.

“Don’t say another fuckin’ word! Don’t even think about it! We will not fail ta do anythin’! Tomorrow is gonna come and go, and everypony is gonna wake up the next mornin’, y’all hear me!?”

“Yes ma’am!” They said in unison. Ah didn’t realize how heavy Ah was breathin’ before, but now Ah could tell that Ah was probably just as tired as everypony else was. Fer the past week, We’ve been trainin’ every day, sunrise ta sunset, and even further if we had the energy. And today, or rather tonight, it was Saturday, September 14th, 2030. If the threat held water, and as far as we believe, it will, then tomorrow, somethin’ will show up in the city at some time ta destroy it. The heroes that live here might know, maybe they took the mask’s warnin’ seriously too, and maybe we’ll have some help. But, Ah can’t say fer sure we won’t just be on our own. That’s why we have ta train. We have ta be ready. This can’t end up like the last time, we cain’t lose anypony durin’ the fight, we don’t have that kinda luxury. Ah shook my head and made my way ta the little break room that Twilight set up at the corner of the trainin’ room ta check my phone fer the time. Seven thirty? There’s still sunlight out, and Ah’ll be damned if we’re not ready fer tomorrow.

“Y’all have twenty minutes! Get some water, a snack if ya must, but be back down here by seven fifty fer the next round!” A collective groan came from the heaps of pastel around the floor. “Don’t y’all give me that! Get up and get refreshed! Tomorrow is the day! We’re outta time!” Slowly but surely, yellow, then pink, then white, then violet coats began ta move ta standin’ positions and up the staircase. When Goose was still on the floor by the time the rest were gone, Ah made my way ta get him up personally. “Well? What is it? Get yer ass up.” He raised a hoof, but didn’t leave his position on the ground.

“You know, I would, but I’m just tired to the point where... moving isn’t really much of an option anymore,” He said between breaths. Ah rolled my eyes and pulled him off the ground. He made it ta a wobbly stand, but then slowly sank back ta the floor.

“Look, honey dear, sugar cube, I know we’re kinda out of time here, but us being overworked doesn’t do anything but hurt us tomorrow.” My ear twitched.

“What’d ya call me?” By the look of his terrified orange eyes, Ah figured my tone made it across.

“Uh… honey dear?” Ah picked him up by the scruff of his neck and brought him inches from my face.

“Not that, the other one. Please, say it again.” He swallowed.

“S-sugar… cube?” The fire started ta build up in my hooves. Ah raised it back ready ta punch through his head, then when my foreleg started ta move, Ah quickly angled it down and let it smash inta the ground. Ah suppose, if only by accident, Ah used the magic inside ta reinforce my blow because after the dust cleared, we were in a crater, and not a small pony shaped one like Ah intended either. Ah let him go and then started my way ta the stairs.

“Ah believe Ah’ve made myself clear.” Ah turned away and headed up the corridor, not givin’ him a second look. When Ah could tell Ah was finally out of sight, Ah quickly went ta nurse my wrist. Goddess, damn it! Get a hold of yerself! Ya can’t just get mad and lose it like that, that’s how ya break shit! Earlier in the week, Ah managed ta get in contact with Celestia. As it turns out, our new ‘magic’ isn’t much more than an unlockin’ spell that doesn’t need a unicorn’s horn ta cast. In reality, it simply removes the blocks the brain has in place on the muscles. With this, one can put everythin’ they can inta their enhanced parts, i.e., the magic center of a unicorn’s horn, the wing roots of a pegasus’ wings, and the hooves of an earth pony. The nice thin’ about mine and Fluttershy’s bodies happens ta be how quickly we regenerate.

We attempted ta use the ‘magic’ in the real world, but only ta varyin’ degrees of success. Twilight has yet ta manage it. Not really all that surprisin’, since she can’t use the sharin’ spell and all. She watches when we try it ta see if she can’t trace the magic in our bodies from the outside, but so far, that hasn’t had any effect. Rarity got it twice, but on the second attempt, she fractured her horn. That took intensive care and a visit ta the hospital ta fix, and even then she’s still not supposed ta touch her magic until next week. If we get desperate, she can still stop time, but only if that. Goose never got his ta work, at all. Or at least, not when he was tryin’ ta. In one trainin’ session, he did it, but completely by accident. In an attempt ta keep me from taggin’ out one of the girls, (who, Ah can’t really remember because they may have sent me inta a blood rage at the time) he picked up a whole chunk of the wall and threw it in my way. It caught me off guard so much that Ah got knocked inta the wall without even protectin’ myself. Ah’m still a little bruised from that, but it should be gone by tomorrow as small as it was. It was almost funny how sorry he was afterward. He groveled fer forgiveness until the next day when Ah finally managed ta get him ta believe Ah was never mad.

Fluttershy and Pinkie both managed it once, and Ah can honestly say that Ah was glad ta finally take a hit from both of ‘em. The others are clever, even when they don’t act like it at times. The two performed a pincer on me, Fluttershy usin’ the crazy boost in speed ta get right next ta me and hit me point blank, then followed that up with a punch from Pinkie that could rival one of Goose’s better punches. Thankfully, Ah didn’t get hurt too bad from all that, but Pinkie cracked her hoof, and Fluttershy sprained her wings (this is also when Ah went inta blood rage mode and probably why they’ve been kinda avoidin’ me lately).

Needless ta say, we haven’t tried again since. Because it’s become the last resort, we’ve decided ta call this power ‘trump card’ since it didn’t have a name before. Ta this day, Ah’m the only pony Celestia has ever seen use it effectively without breakin’ myself afterward. It’s typically only taught ta ponies of higher rank than Ah, and only so many times has it actually been used in combat due ta the rather intense side effects it has. Ah finally made my way up the staircase, only ta find Pinkie and Fluttershy passed out on the couch together and Twilight with her head on the table half awake gnawing on a carrot. Rarity however, was just readin’ somethin’ on her phone.

“Look, darling-” she began.

“Don’t give me none of that darlin’ shit.” Ah headed ta the fridge ta get some of the pain killers. Ta this, she stood up.

“Applejack!” Ah stopped and finally took a look at her face. She was… not happy, ta say the least.

“Yes? Ya have my attention now.”

“We cannot keep this up!” There was a pause. Ah knew she still had somethin’ ta say, so Ah wasn’t gonna say a word till she was done. “Just look at them! Fluttershy and Pinkie are completely exhausted, and Twilight is only awake because she’s been practicing being a zombie her entire life! I can’t support you if I’m dead to the world tomorrow, and neither can anypony else. What good does it do us if none of us are rested enough when the time comes?” Ah shrugged.

“So what? It’s a quarter ta eight right now! Fer all we know, it’ll show up the moment the clock strikes midnight! If Ah can’t rely on y’all, then Ah’ll do whatever Ah can alone if Ah have ta!” Ya know, you're tired too. Ya couldn’t do a damn thin’ ta a monster as bad as Knots White was right now. You keep yer mouth shut. Ah still have trump card…

“Oh, really? You could just, slay a monster like Knots all by yourself? You’re better than this. I don’t know what’s come over you, but just take a look at this scene you’ve created. The ponies who call themselves your friends are beaten and bruised from this ‘training’ you’ve been putting us through all week. Ever since your little episode with that spell, you’ve been acting like you’re the only pony you can depend on. We are your friends, at least try to act like you believe that.” Ah grit my teeth.

“What does it matter if yer all dead!?” Ah slammed the fridge closed and took a step toward her. “What does any of it matter if everypony dies!? Carin’ about ya just makes ya a goddess damned liability! Fine! Yer tired, then just go home and don’t come back tomorrow! Leave the city, just get out while ya can!”

“And what about you? What happens if you die, hmm? What can you protect then? Are you special? Are you, immune to death? Your powers are the same as your fathers were, and last I checked, he wasn’t around anymore.”

“Ya just crossed a line you’re gonna fuckin’ regret!” Anger flared in me, and nothin’ in the logical side of my brain had any way ta stop it. Ah could feel the fire build, not just in one, but all my hooves. Ah leapt fer her, destroyin’ the floor behind me, both fore hooves ready ta smash her skull in. Her expression hadn’t changed. Those angry blue eyes, meetin’ mine, ready like she was just gonna take the hit. Before Ah even made it ta the crest of my arc, Ah felt a very strong pain in my stomach Ah didn’t expect. The wind flew outta me, and then my whole body was slammed against the ground.

“Stop it, stop it, stop it! Good goddess, what the fuck has gotten into you?” Goose said as he removed his hoof from my stomach. The the wind had yet ta return ta my lungs and Ah couldn’t do anythin’ but watch. “Why would you provoke her!? Do you have a death wish?”

“She can’t just work us to death like this!”

“And why wouldn’t you just discuss that with the rest of us and agree not to continue? Nopony can continue working as hard as we are, and I already said that to her. If nopony works with her, then what does she have alone?” Rarity's lip twitched.

“Just a spineless shark who’ll do whatever she asks! You complain, and complain, and you just take everything she puts out like some kind of masochist!”

“Can you guys quit yelling...? I’m tryin’a sleep here...” Pinkie mumbled as she rolled over on the couch.

“So maybe I’ve been part of the problem, but how could I have known you felt like that if you didn’t tell me? Look, I get it, everypony is tired and stressed to hell and back, but you guys can’t start fighting with each other like this.” Ah’d finally gotten ta the point where Ah felt Ah could get up again.

“Didn’t ya hear her…? She has a death wish… lemme just get back ta fulfillin’ oof-” Goose slammed his hoof inta my rib cage and kept me in place. Ah don’t know where he’s gettin’ all this strength from, but Ah couldn’t do anythin’ about it as weak as Ah was.

“Stay down damn it! Geez, is there any group of mares who can stay civil for more than a week?” He looked up ta the ceilin' and shook his head while he ran a hoof over his face. Next he turned back ta Rarity, who had yet ta lose that stare of hers, and it was makin’ me mad. “Everypony just needs to calm down and be rational here. You’re exhausted, in pain, and probably suffering from lack of sleep, both of you. Rarity, just go home, or go sleep in your room here, I don’t care which, but just let it go for now. I will clean up alright?” She finally stopped lookin’ at me, and the let out a puff of air with her fore hooves crossed.

“Very well then. I will leave them to you.” Then she looked back at me, the furious stare returned. “Because I believe I can trust you as a friend!” She stormed off toward the garage with all the fury an exhausted mare could muster. Goose finally took his hoof off me and sat down.

“I could have sworn I was a prisoner here, not the counselor,” he sighed.

“Ya don’t have ta take the job if ya don’t wanna.”

“Yeah, sure, and let you kill the ponies who care about you?”

“Ah wasn’t gonna kill her,” Ah said quietly. That's about the opposite of the truth.

“Really!? Really!? You can’t bullshit a bullshitter, you were aiming for her head, and you used magic! Not only were you going to kill her, but you were going to destroy everything around you!” Ah rolled my eyes.

“And how would you know that, mister spineless?”

“Oh my goddess, you’re a fucking child. What is it? Huh? Why are you acting like this?”

“Ah don’t know what you’re talkin’ about.” Ah turned my head lookin’ away. Ah don't owe him a damn thin'.

“Hey, look at me!” He pulled my face toward him until he was starin’ me in the eyes. He wasn’t mad though. He looked… confused, and disappointed. “This isn’t the Marevelous I know. This isn’t the Marevelous that goes around saving ponies. This is a filly who’s afraid of something. Tell me what’s going on with you.” Ah could feel the heat in my eyelids. My teeth were seconds away from cuttin’ a hole in my lip and Ah couldn’t look him in the face.

“Damn it!” Ah pushed him away and ran as fast as Ah could ta my room in the castle, slammin' and lockin' the door behind me. Ah slithered my way inta the bed and balled myself up in the covers. At least this way, nopony could see me cry.


“So, as far as we know, the monster that Persona promised has yet to show up thankfully. Now that you’re all here and well rested we need to be proactive while we can and spread out. If you spot anypony suspicious, follow them. Maybe we can catch the target before they get a mirror applied,” Twilight said.

“Yeah, somehow I don’t think we’re going to be that lucky, but ten points for optimism Twilight. That’s rare for you,” Pinkie snarked from her chair. Everypony was suited up and ready ta go, Pinkie now in armor provided by the royal guard ta match Goose. Nopony knew when she had the time ta do it, but Pinkie had repainted it and now sported a bright pink that nearly matched her coat on top of her blue and yellow suit. She told us ta call her ‘Crazy Diamond,’ but everypony rejected that immediately. It seemed like everypony was fine, but Rarity had yet ta talk ta me.

“Really? I never thought I was much of a downer…” Twilight trailed off. Suddenly, Pinkie was next ta the violet mare in her trade mark lean.

“Nah, but you’ve been better lately. Honestly, I think just about everypony has been better lately… even you, Sharky.”

“Aww, Pinkie. I didn’t know you had that in you♥ Does that mean you’re finally ready to accept me into your heart and maybe even-” Goose began.

“Woah, I just tried to give you a compliment, don’t make me take it back by sticking your hooves in your mouth, ya jackass.” Goose let his form fade back inta business mode and nodded politely.

“Very well then. Yes ma’am.” It was nice, ta finally see them gettin’ along fer once. Well, really Pinkie not actin’ like Goose was a cancer on her bein’ anyways. In the back of my head, Ah knew somethin’ felt off. Somethin’ about today wasn’t right, even more so than how Ah thought it would feel.

“That’s more like it. Today… today is gonna be okay. Maybe she was a little off her rocker yesterday, but Applejack was right. We’re gonna come home and wake up tomorrow, all of us. But really… I don’t think that’s enough. I think, we’re gonna trash whatever monster shows up, and we’ll get out without getting hurt. Maybe that’s a lofty goal, but damn it, I think we can do it! Come on guys, who’s with me!?” From five ponies in the room, we all gave a cheer fer Pinkie’s speech, but one stayed particularly silent, and her gaze was trained on me.

“Well, that just depends, now doesn’t it?” she said. Ah wasn’t proud of what happened last night. Ah could barely look Goose in the eye, but her… Ah lost my temper and tried ta kill her. That isn’t ta say she didn’t cross a line or anythin’, but it never shoulda gotten so far outta hoof.

“Really? Can we just act like that didn’t happen for today? You two can have your little fallout later, when we’re not about to deal with impending doom,” Goose complained.

“No. I need to know that I have all my friends here today. I have no intention of working with somepony who doesn’t trust me!”

“Fine! What do ya want then? Say it ta my face instead of starin’ at me like Ah'm some kinda criminal!” She got up and slammed her hooves on the table.

“I want an apology! How dare you tell me to run, how dare you call me a liability! Somepony like you doesn’t deserve the friendships she has, but I don’t believe that we could do this without you, me, or anypony at this table.” Now it was my turn ta slam the table.

“And what if Ah still believe everythin’ Ah said!? Ya might be useful in the right situation, but yer hurt and still not okay ta use magic! What happens if suddenly yer powers give out when we need ya most!? Ah think ya are a liability! Everypony else here can still fight, but if y’all can’t work in the background, what good are ya other than another thin’ ta worry about!?” Goose looked like he was about ta intervene, but then Twilight gave him some kinda queue and he settled back down.

“Oh, and you really believe I have nothing to offer but my powers?” Ah shook my head.

“Ya know that’s not what Ah meant.” She huffed and crossed her hooves.

“No, that’s exactly what you’re telling me and everypony else here. Without our powers, we’re nothing to you. That is what you’re saying to me right now. Fine. Have it your way. If any of you survive, then maybe I’ll see you again. Let it all crumble! When the city is destroyed and I’m the only remaining member of Harmony, I’ll make sure to have you buried right next to your father!” She slammed the table again. Ah blinked and she was gone.

“Damn it!” Ah was about ta punch the table myself, but my hoof was caught before Ah could put any power inta it.

“That’s enough. Let her cool off. Don’t lose your head again. We still need you,” He whispered. Ah ripped my hoof outta his grip and looked at everypony else.

“Y’all don’t believe that, do ya? Ya… Y’all know that Ah wouldn’t just abandon ya if ya didn’t have yer powers, right?” None of them met me in the eyes. “Oh come on, really!? Please, just tell me that ya believe me!” Finally, Fluttershy alone looked at me.

“W-well… we wouldn’t have ever m-met without our powers… S-so, what use would you have for us without them? I-it’s not like you talk to us out s-side of work, so… I-I mean, you can be selfless, I-I’ve watched, no, e-everypony here has seen you do it, but… w-what do you know about any of us? D-do you know how I got my cutiemark? O-or what I like to do in my free time? D-do you remember that I’m allergic to s-strawberries, or t-that Pinkie is potassium deficient a-and has to have bananas around in the e-event she has an attack?”

“Ah…”

“T-these are things you would know, i-if you got to know us. I-I’m not saying that you won’t get the chance, b-but maybe… it would be a good idea in the f-future? I-I think Rarity is overreacting, b-because, even though you don’t know m-much about our lives, I s-still think I could trust you w-with mine.” Before anypony had the chance ta say anythin’ else, we all felt the ground shake.

“What the hell was that!?”

“It can’t be…” Twilight whispered.

“Twilight, what’s goin’ on!?” Her horn lit up and a display came up in the center of the table. In the city, not too far from here, was a creature. Towerin’ over most of the buildin’s around, the bipedal thin’ looked like some kinda giant monster out of a comic book. It didn’t look like it had any normal muscle structure, its spindly arms and legs not much more than oblong points. It had a face that looked like a white mask, somethin’ from way back when doctors used beaks ta keep the sick away. Its shoulders looked ta be covered in smooth bone domes, and bones jutted out ta points that looked like blades all along its ribcage and elbows.

“What is that!?” Goose exclaimed.

“Oh, goddess, it’s huge!” Pinkie said in fear or awe, probably a mix of the two.

“W-we have to f-fight that… thing?” Fluttershy whispered. We all watched as a screen on one of the towers behind it came on. There, was the mask.

“Good afternoon, my dear Manehattanites. When the goddess rests, the demons come out to play. This is Sachiel! The first of my Kaiju! For those who did not believe, I suggest you pray! My item has not been returned, so now I will have to search for it! I will tear down this entire city and upturn the earth if it have to! Now, Sachiel, begin!” The mask disappeared from the screen, and then Sachiel began ta work. With its massive spindly claw, it dug through an apartment building and started to rip and tear through stone, brick, and mortar as if it were sand. With each claw came blood and fur, little spots on the massive monster. Ponies could be seen screamin' and runnin' away from all around. Once the first apartment complex was completely destroyed, it moved on t' the next, takin' a step without care and crushing fearful ponies underhoof.

“Oh goddess…” Twilight trailed off, wide eyed and horrified at the sight.

“What are we still doin’ here!? Goose! Get us over there, we have ta stop that thin’!” Ah guess that finally shook everypony inta motion. We all made our way over ta Goose, and once everypony was accounted fer, we blinked. In an instant, we appeared on the buildin’ just across from the one the creature destroyed. There were… parts and pieces everywhere. The entire street was stained red. A foal was cryin’ near one of the stains, ponies were runnin’ away as fast as they could. The panic, the hysteria, the fear. It chaos everywhere, it made me sick ta my stomach. Before Ah could do anythin’, Pinkie tossed what little she’d eaten. This… how could this happen? We weren’t prepared for this, we never could’ve been prepared fer this… Ah shook my head and forced myself ta move. We’re the only ones here that can do anythin’ now! Get off yer ass and move!

“Goose, Blur, get down there and help get the civilians out! Do whatever ya can ta save as many as ya can!” Goose shook Blur and helped her get back up ta her hooves, then they both saluted and blinked down ta the street below. “Target, take a high point and start tryin’ ta get it’s attention! Set yer gun ta max and prepare fer more orders! Aim fer the mask lookin thin’! That looks like the best protected area its got, so if there’s a mirror on this thin’ its gonna be there! Start with yer weakest bullets! We don’t know what works, so when Ah get in range Ah’ll get a gauge on what we’re dealin’ with. Move!” Without needin’ any kinda conformation, Target and Ah got ta work. Blur was herdin’ ponies toward Goose, who was makin’ short distance jumps with several groups at a time. Slowly but surely, the streets would be clear, but by the goddess, this was a horrific sight. Ah don’t think Ah’ve ever seen so many dead in one place before…

“Twilight! Can ya hear me!?” Ah called out after an idea came ta mind.

“Y-yes… I… All the life that just… just blinked out in an instant…” She swallowed somethin’ down. “What do you need? Just say the word and I’ll get it done. Anything to stop this… this carnage…”

“Get in touch with yer mother and issue an emergency evacuation! Tell her and her sister ta stand by if we can’t handle this. Damn it, we shoulda done this before…” Ah didn't mean ta send her anythin' more than my order, but what does that matter now?

“Understood. I’ll keep you updated.” Then the link went back ta background noise. Now closer ta the monster, Its skin looked almost… liquid like. As if it were more like jello in a shape than a creature. Its claw reared back over its next target fer destruction, and just like that, my body went inta gear. Ah shot a blade just under its claw. The blade held and quickly, Ah scaled the massive thin’. It wasn’t very fast, thank the goddess, and it had only begun ta react ta me after Ah had charged my hoof in an attempt ta smash it’s claw. Aimin’ fer the wrist, Ah let my punch collide with the jello lookin’ thin’ only ta be met with marginal resistance. Like gelatin, the creature’s skin flew and splattered about revealin’ somethin’ Ah was afraid of underneath. Its skin ain’t nothin’ but a case… the real body… lies underneath… Just under where Ah punched was a smaller version of the monster’s arm, but made of ripplin’ muscle and tendons just like an anatomy model.

Ah prepared another quick punch and tried ta bury my hoof in the monster’s wrist. Ah twisted as Ah made contact with muscle, and sure enough, it was enough ta rip through, but not very deep. Blood started ta spray from the new wound, but not fer long. Within a few seconds, the gelatinous skin around the new hole climbed up inta it and filled the missin’ part like it was never there. Damn it. Ah just knew it would be like this… However, the wound didn’t heal which means… this one will fall after we do enough damage…

The weight of the arm Ah was on stopped travelin’ upward and started ta move downward. Ah ripped my blade out of its muscle and jumped away before gravity kicked in and the massive monster began ta tear through the next buildin’.

“Target, we need coordinated attacks here. I need Explosive rounds with every time Ah say fire, got it? Ta everypony else, the target has a shock absorbin’ coat that regenerates in a few seconds, and a muscle bound skeleton underneath. It’s not hard ta get through, and it looks like it don’t heal the damage instantly like the last one. Blur could likely rip through the coat with her bare hooves, then damage the interior with her knives. Once y’all get everythin’ clear, get together with… er, meet up with me and we’ll try and rip a hole through this thin’.” The group gave their ‘yes ma’ams’ and then Ah was alone in my head. At least fer a moment.

“She could’ve helped here,” Ah heard Goose say in the back of my head.

“Damn it, don’t ya think Ah realize that!?” Ah shot at the monster’s chest and decided ta go fer the mask lookin’ thin’ once Ah reeled in, a couple of red lights appeared in the empty lookin’ eye holes and they were pointed right at me. A feelin’ shot through me. Somethin’ Ah’ve had in the back of my mind this whole time, somethin’ Ah wasn’t willin’ ta admit even as Ah was losin’ a friend. The monster spoke in a low, loud, nearly inaudible voice, but at such volume that it was impossible to ignore. With vibrations that shook me ta my very core and sank deep inta my heart it said,

“So you’re going to kill me are you? Not if I kill you first!” As quick as Ah could manage, Ah jumped off the spindly thin' and then Ah watched it’s claw shoot toward Target. She barely had time ta react. The claw took her lower half and squeezed. What seemed like a gallon of blood flooded out of her mask, and her scream filled the air and my mind, a horrible gut wrenchin’, agonizin’ cry. Without lettin’ a beat go by, Ah jumped after her body and yelled at the top of my lungs,

“TOKI WO TOMARE!” but nothin’ happened. The monster didn’t let a beat go by either. With unreal speed, it kicked the ground underneath Blur and a few ponies she had with her, sendin’ them up inta the air. The claw with the other half of Target angled itself in line with Blur, then darted straight through her.

“NOOOO!!” Her remainin’ parts fell ta the ground in a shower of red, the sky blue suit stained and ripped ta pieces, the armor bent and twisted like it’d been drilled through. Every part of my body was set afire as the magic poured in from everywhere. Ah slammed the mask of the monster and watched it crack. Harder than steel and textured like bone, it shattered and fell ta pieces, revealin’ a mirror hidden just under eyes made of light, holes that bored deep inta the monster. It staggered back, and Ah shot at the mirror. The monster caught my cable before it landed, missin’ the mark. It pulled me along and slammed me inta the ground. Ah could feel every bone in my body, broken entirely or fractured. Ah tried, but nothin’ would move. The monster lined up its claw with me, and Ah couldn’t do anythin’ but watch.

So this is it. Ah’m sorry. Ah shoulda told ya, but now Ah’ll never get the chance. Mama, Papa. It hasn’t been long enough yet, but Ah guess Ah’m comin’ ta see ya. Just as the claw reached the end of the monster’s arc, a stallion in stark black and shiny black armor blinked in front of me. He grabbed me by the suit and tossed me away.

“I can’t… watch you die...” Ah heard in the back of my head. The claw shot. It was almost like time had slowed so Ah could see it as it happened. It was like watchin’ a sharp warm knife cut through butter. The bastard was smilin’ the whole time too. It pierced his armor, then his back. It kept goin’, forcin’ his ribcage up as the claw impaled him further, the blood not even havin’ time ta catch up and spray out in this strange form of torture. The claw had made it ta the ground, removin’ Goose from his torso and lettin’ his remainin’ parts fly with the wind it dragged with it.

His head rolled over ta me when all was finished. Ah wanted ta scream, cry, vomit, run, escape, close my eyes, but Ah couldn’t do anythin’ at all. Ah was paralyzed in place and Ah could only watch as the horror played out. The monster pulled back its claw one more time, and this time, there was nopony ta stop it from reachin’ its target. Please, just end it all. In it came, and then, Ah couldn’t feel anymore.

PreviousChapters Next