• Published 30th Jul 2016
  • 221 Views, 1 Comments

My Sister - The Story of Optix - Fateful Pony



Optix sets out on a quest with her friends to find a lost sibling.

  • ...
 1
 221

Killing Time Emotionally

Everypony was sitting patiently within the messy garage, waiting for the two hour mark. So far, only a single hour passed, and sounds of sirens and chatting police still sounded from outside.

“There’s still police outside darling.” Rarity said, disappointed in her tone.

“Wow.” Optix said. “They’re sticking around for a bit too long. You’d think they would thin out by now.” She flipped and tossed a wrench in one of her forehooves to keep her mind busy.

“Yeah, it sucks.” Sniper sighed. “And I can’t even work on the truck or else I’ll be making too much noise. Great. Silent, and bored. You know, that doesn’t sit very well with me.”

“I know. We got another hour, so I’m sure we can tough it out.”

“Hey Bullet?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Mm?”

“Is this your garage? Or did you just randomly park in here?”

“Nope, it’s mines. I claimed this empty place just after Optix left. I needed a hideout and a place to repair and upgrade my weapons and tune vehicles. Cops still never found it yet, and it’s right under their muzzles! Heh, idiots.”

“What did you do to get the cops all riled up?”

“Spray-painting walls, the occasional stickup…”

“You stickup stores?” Fluttershy asked in her low tone. “That’s not very nice…”

“Hey, when you’re underaged and can’t get a damn job or own property, you gotta find a way to eat somehow. I ain’t proud of it to be honest, but I didn’t hurt anybody at all, so at least give me credit for that. I only want to kill if they deserve it, and I’m glad I haven’t found anyone like that yet. Nobody deserved what I did so far, but I guess I keep doing it because of the adrenaline rush? It is kinda fun, honestly.”

“Well, at least you regret something. You usually don’t.” Optix responded sarcastically. “When you do something, it’s a done deal.”

“Yeah, the spray painting and stuff like that. I regret the robberies I had to do. The toilet paper tossing is the fun part.”

“Our parents would be kinda mad with you. They aren’t straight-up troublemakers. They just did things they weren’t proud of ‘cause they had to. And you being proud of TP’ing pony’s houses and other buildings? Oh boy, what would they say…”

“‘Bullet!” Sniper put on her best mocking voice. “‘Go to your room! You lose your toolbox for a week!’ Or something like that. Ah, those were the days. With them being gone, being sent to my room by them seems like a better way to spend time than now…” Her expression softened, looking rather depressed now. “But-but then… it happened.”

“There was no other way for you to escape without me staying behind.”

“No, not that. It was after you left. About a month later.”

“What was it?”

Sniper squinted her eyes to hold back tears, and was only partially successful. “...No, nevermind. I’ll tell you once we go to the house.”

“Hey, I’m your big sis. You can trust me and my friends here.”

“I-I know. I just need some time to figure out how to explain it.”

“It’s cool.” Optix held her sister tightly. “If it’s that bad, you don’t have to tell me right away.”

Tears finally began to run down Sniper’s cheeks as her breathing slightly upped in pace. She struggled to keep herself from completely letting herself cry, as she had adopted the same ‘Tough Mare’ complex from her sister, but deep down she was still a filly.

Her voice finally sounded, vibrating Optix’ chest as she cried nigh uncontrollably.

“I missed you so much Optix. I miss our Mom and Dad too…”

“We’ll find them. They can’t be outside of Equestria, right?”

“No!” Sniper retorted. “We won’t find them… ever. They couldn’t have just disappeared, not for all these years and not come back! You’ll understand why…”

“What? What are you talking about?”

“You will see… Derpi, check to see if they cops are gone yet.”

The gray striped stallion rushed over to a stained yellow window and peered through it. “I don’t hear, or see anything. I guess they left earlier than expected.”

“Alright, we’re going. Get in, all of you. We don’t have time to waste.”

Everyone did as instructed, and Sniper sat in the driver’s seat. She fired up the engine once more, and opened the garage door with a remote. Pulling out, she clicked the remote again, shutting the rusted sheet of metal used as an entrance. The tired went into a burnout as she floored it. With a flash of Optix’ magic, the pickup went from its rusted finish to a dark gray, and the licence plate changed from ‘OPTIX’ to ‘SNIP3R”.

“That should keep ‘em from immediately recognizing us. But then again, we are the only ones in town that drives an actual car.” Optix said, slightly annoyed.

“It doesn’t matter.” Sniper responded sharply. I don’t care about those cops anymore.”

After which, the group stayed silent for the rest of the trip to the house, located just further west of town.