• Published 11th May 2016
  • 515 Views, 0 Comments

My Dearest Applejack - RealityPublishing



Nathan finds the last love of his life but quickly learns that with courage and dedication, he must fight for what he believes is right.

  • ...
7
 0
 515

Chapter 6: The Sun Will Rise

Author's Note:

Be sure to check the blog for updates! -R.P.

“What are we doing?” I asked the apple-loving mare, her eyes glistening even in the darkest of rooms. She looked deep into the blackness of the night’s shadow, keeping her silence. I sighed, “What are we doing here? What am I doing here? What is this-?”

“Shh,” she whispered, “You’re ruining the moment.”

I blushed and once again, she giggled, “I thought you’d figure it out by now,” she winked; her tail flared again, “Isn’t it obvious? I’ve seen the way you shadowed me all day. Nopony’s ever followed me like that. I thought you were just someone here for a regular order of business, but with the way you looked at me, I knew it to be true. You weren’t here for the apples, you were here for me.”

Somehow, I managed to blush a shade of red that could be visible in the silencing darkness. She laughed, playfully whipping her bound tail behind her,

“Nopony’s ever liked me for who I was or what I’ve done. You were different from all those other ponies who tried their stunts; you’ve got ideas and morals that bend the rest of Equestria’s guidelines, I like that. You’re special, Nathan. So I think a better question instead would be: why were you following me?” She playfully giggled, still flailing about her fanciful tail of silk.

“I-I just wanted to see you and feel your…” I stopped,
”Is this right? Would it be the end if I expressed myself? Forget it; I hope this works…”
“…warmth. I figured you’d turn away because we come from different kinds, but I suppose I was wrong. I’m sorry for ruining everything. I didn’t mean for it to be awkward.”

Applejack nodded her head with disagreement; she tried to reassure me as my heartstrings were pulled south,

“No, no, it’s alright. We never get any visitors who just want to watch, they all come for produce and nothing more. I’m glad I could get a little admiration for what I do here at the farm.”

She waved her tail in front of my face and the two of us laughed, falling asleep under the moon’s forgiving light.

I looked over her shoulder as she slept, still wondering if it was too soon to show my own affection. Applejack turned around, noticing my deep thought; it was unlike me, but she still smiled,

“Don’t be shy, now. It’s alright, I’ve already confessed.”

She winked, still puzzling me with another flare of the tail. It took every bit of courage to do what I did. I closed my eyes, whispering under my breath, “Please don’t… Please don’t…”
I wrapped my left arm around her. She tried to relax her tail and snuggle closer to me. I could feel her warmth battling against my own. Her body aligned closely with mine, sharing her temperature with my own. Her hair smelled of fresh cut grass; I placed my face on hers.

“I hope the sun never rises,” she whispered in the dark, wrapping her tail around my already petrified legs. I returned the comment, “I wish this moment could last forever.”

I could never be happier.