• Published 30th Apr 2016
  • 11,875 Views, 1,167 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Numerous - Monty Eggman



Based on the Equestria Girls movies and Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, this series tells the story of Sunset Shimmer in her quest to locate a series of dangerous cards that corrupt those who find them. It's time to Duel!

  • ...
13
 1,167
 11,875

PreviousChapters Next
RANK 16.5: Numbers Recap:

Author's Note:

Since we're pretty far into the series so far, I figured a bit of a recap of what's happened so far would be a good idea. Some of you may already be keeping track of how many Numbers have shown up, as well who has them. For the ones that haven't been, consider this a refresher.

To make it a little more interesting, I have Pinkie Pie narrating. :pinkiesmile: Anyway, see you in Rank 17!

RANK 16.5: Numbers Recap:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

...Hello? Anybody there?? ...I said, "Anybody THERE"?!

...Oh, duh! That's right!! This is just a story: You can't actually respond back and tell me you're here! Sorry, I forget that sometimes!

Well, since I'm pretty sure you're all here, lemme introduce myself! My name's Pinkamena Diane Pie. But you can just call me Pinkie! Some of you may be wondering, "Hey, Pinkie: What are you doing, showing up in the middle of the series and talking to ME directly??" Well, I figured, since we're sixteen chapters into this story so far, it might be a good idea to help you remember what's happened so far; more specifically, I'm gonna talk about those crazy-powerful, sometimes-so-scary-you-nearly-faint Number cards that you've been seeing so far! Some of you really dedicated types might already be keeping track of every Number card and who has them, and if you are, then that's super! But if you haven't, don't worry: I'll fill you in on all the details!

So, anyhoo, we all know that Sunset Shimmer, one of my best friends from another world, accidentally released all these Number cards into OUR world, and they're causing everyone to go crazy and cause trouble! So Sunnie (that's what I like to call her for short) took it upon herself to confront everyone who has a Number card and duel against them! When two people with Numbers fight each other, the winner gets to take the Number cards from the loser, and so far, Sunnie's been doing really well at it!

Her first Number card came to her shortly after she had this kooky dream about a giant, demon-faced door that she opened (by the way, I TOTALLY called it). But even though the card was blank at first, after she picked it up, it took on a new form. And that's how Sunnie got her first Number card, Number 33: Chronomaly Machu Mech! We still don't know all the details, but Sunnie and the others said that the Numbers take on forms based on whatever the person is feeling at the time, or something that they desire the most... or even both! Either way, it's a good thing she picked it up when she did, 'cause the very next day, we found out that Octavia Melody suddenly started attacking her bestie, Vinyl Scratch, for no reason! Crazy, right? But then we learned that it was because Tavi picked up a Number too, and it made her go totally loco in the coco! But don't worry! Sunnie beat her and got her Number card, called Number 80: Rhapsody in Berserk! I'm not super-totally sure yet, but I'll bet that card's gonna be REEEEEAL special later on...

Anyway, a couple of days later, Sunnie and Rainbow Dash (or Dashie as I like to call her; she doesn't mind it TOO much) found out that another of our classmates began acting creepy-crazy-weird too! After Photo picked up her Number card - Number 25: Force Focus - she went into the boys' locker room at school and started taking pictures of them in there!! Needless to say, she probably would've been in real trouble if Sunnie didn't stop her like she did and took her Number card away.

But that was NOTHING compared to what happened next: The Fall Formal was on its way again this year and everyone was excited to go to it (especially me; I can't get enough of those super-yummy treats)! Rarity was in charge of making sure the gym was decorated just right for the best party the school's ever thrown! But things really got out of hand when she picked up Number 52: Diamond Crab King and it made her put WAY too many decorations all over the gym! But Sunset showed up and used a new Number card - Number 36: Chronomaly Chateau Huyuk - to beat her and get her back to normal just in time! I'm sure glad Sunnie got over her cold feet about coming to the dance; I don't think we would have been able to beat her crab monster-thingy ourselves... Now that I think about it, doesn't Rarity usually fight AGAINST the giant crab, not WITH it? Weird...

Anyway, after Sunnie saved the Fall Formal this year, our Principals, Celestia and Luna, helped her move out of the homeless shelter and get a place of her own to live in! Sunnie's apartment is almost as big as my whole house!! Well, maybe not, but you probably get where I'm coming from. And she even has a real nice landlord named Manny Roar to help keep the building running smoothly! So we were a little shocked to hear that he started overcharging his tenants all of a sudden... But Sunnie already seemed to know what caused him to do that, and just as she thought, he also picked up a Number card, which was called Number 16: Shock Master. He was pretty tough, but Sunnie beat him and got his Number card. And not only that, she didn't even use any of HER Numbers against his! Now that's what I call some mad dueling skills!

A bit later, Sunnie and I went to meet Gilda over at her school, Griffonstone High, on the other side of town. Gilda USED to be a super-mean-meany-pants who bullied lots and lots of other people. But when Fluttershy stood up to her and beat her in the Inter-school Duel, she decided to change for the better! That's when she told us about a classmate of hers named Martin who finally got sick of all the bullies that gave him a hard time and decided to use not one, but TWO Numbers cards to beat them all. They were called Number 13: Embodiment of Crime and Number 31: Embodiment of Punishment, two of the creepiest-looking things that I've ever seen; not at the level of "Cupcakes" or "Rainbow Factory" maybe, but still pretty creepy. In the end, though, Sunnie and Gilda teamed up to Duel him, and once he lost, Gilda apologized to him and promised to protect him from now on. That was really nice of her, wasn't it?

A while later, Sunset dueled against Snips and Snails. But even though they each had a Number card, they TOTALLY got OTK'd by her, right on the first turn! She then took Number 56: Gold Rat and Number 63: Shamoji Soldier from them before we all left the school that day. It was after that happened, that we found out that the Number cards may have come from some other dimension called the Astral World! Zecora told us that there were these priests and priestesses that devoted their whole lives to protecting the secrets of the Astral World, but other than that, we still didn't know too much. We all really wished our OTHER inter-dimensional friend, Twilight Sparkle was there to help us out...

So, thanks to our good friend, Mr. Plot Point, one of the Number cards went into Twi and Sunnie's home world! I'll give you three guesses who picked THAT card up. In case ya forgot, it was Twilight! She found it, and after she touched it, it became Number 39: Utopia, a card with a mind of its own! He wanted Twilight to help him find all of the Number cards so that they could all return home to the Astral World together. Twi agreed and came to our world once more to help us out. Since then, we've been teaching her how to duel, and after enough practice Duels, she was able to fight some of the other Number users on her own! First, she defeated Silver Spoon and got Number 59: Crooked Cook before he covered our Home Ec. class in macaroni and cheese (which by the way, Ms. Mulia insisted that we take some back with us)! Some time after that, she dueled against Trixie Lulamoon, and after she beat her, she picked up Number 11: Big Eye! Lucky her, it seems like it would be a REALLY hard-to-get-card otherwise...

So far, Sunnie picked up ten Number cards, while Twilight's got three. That's over a tenth of them so far!

But they're not the only people that are after the Number cards. According to Sunnie, she dueled against this mysterious man named Dr. Hooves, or just "The Doctor". He's also after the Number cards, but don't worry! He's only collecting to help save our world from some... bad... evil... thing-a-ma-jig or something, I'm not really sure myself what it is he's trying to stop, but he's a good guy, trust me. I mean, yeah, he DID fight against Sunnie that one time, but he didn't know that she was a good guy too! But it looks like all of that's been straightened out, so they won't be dueling each other for a while yet.

Anyhoo, Dr. Hooves has seven Numbers so far, but right now, we only know about six of them: Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon (which he got from Lightning Dust), Number 83: Galaxy Queen (which he took from a guy named Gladmane), Number 20: Giga-Brilliant and Number 34: Terror-Byte (he got those two from a crook named Data Hacker), and also Number 10: Illumiknight and Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction.

Last but not least, there's our new teacher, Mrs. K, that's collected two of the Number cards so far! Her first one was Number 46: Dragluon, but we're not sure where she got it and how yet... What we DO know is that she used it to fight this real mean guy named Smooth Talker, who was making fake cards out of his store and selling them to people! What a meanie!! But Mrs. K beat him and got his card, Number 82: Heartlandraco! ...Huh? What do you mean, "How do you know all of that? You weren't there when it happened!" That's 'cause I read the story too! Don't worry, I won't spoil anything to the girls...!

So, to recap, twenty-two of the Number cards have been collected so far: Sunnie has ten, Twilight has three, Dr. Hooves has seven (including one unrevealed one), and Mrs. K has two. But there are still a whole bunch more out there, and who know just how many other people might be after them, too?!

Who knows? Well, YOU will if you just keep on reading! Anyway, I'll see you all in the next chapter! Bye-bye!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Numbers at a Glance:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunset Shimmer (10 Numbers total):
---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Number 13: Embodiment of Crime
- Number 16: Shock Master
- Number 25: Force Focus
- Number 31: Embodiment of Punishment
- Number 33: Chronomaly Machu Mech
- Number 36: Chronomaly Chateau Huyuk
- Number 52: Diamond Crab King
- Number 56: Gold Rat
- Number 63: Shamoji Soldier
- Number 80: Rhapsody in Berserk

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight Sparkle (3 Numbers total):
---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Number 11: Big Eye
- Number 39: Utopia
- Number 59: Crooked Cook

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Hooves (7 Numbers total):
---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Number 10: Illumiknight
- Number 20: Giga-Brilliant
- Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
- Number 34: Terror-Byte
- Number 83: Galaxy Queen
- Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon

- (unknown Number card)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. K (2 Numbers total):
---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Number 46: Dragluon
- Number 82: Heartlandraco

---------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL NUMBERS DISCOVERED: 22
---------------------------------------------------------------------

PreviousChapters Next