• Published 4th May 2016
  • 328 Views, 1 Comments

Fluttershy Effect Redux - GoldLight64



Fluttershy goes to watch Rainbow Dash win a certain world changing event.

  • ...
 1
 328

Prologue: Just a Casual Race.

“This is gonna be great!” Came from an excited cyan pegasus. She was flying just above the ground- err... cloud ground.

“Yep, you’ll win.” Said by a yellow pegasus that was just a little taller than the other.

“I know, that’s why I’ll be known across the nation as being so awesome!” Exaggerated the shorter one.

“Dash, Shy, what‘s up?” Asked the griffin that flew in from behind them. They landed and started walking with the pegasi.

“Hey, Gilda, we’re just going to a race that I’m sure to win.” Dash replied, she continued flying with them, refusing to land.

“Dash, you know what happens if you never use your legs, right?” Gilda asked the multi-coloured pony.

“Doesn’t matter, I got a race to win.” Dash said without a care in the world, she was so happy.

They continued like this for awhile, it was a fairly long walk to the sky-track. It was mostly just friendly banter between three friends. About half an hour later they got to the track and found that they had a minute before the race started.

“Number 12, Rainbow Dash, are you here?” They heard a voice yell out.

“Yes, I’m here!” Rainbow replied loudly.

“Ah, good, good, I would’ve hated to have to see a little filly miss out on a chance like this.” The voice commented, they were a young mare no older than 20. They turned around to see Dash, Fluttershy and Gilda.

“Ah, Rainbow, and a couple friends? Right… So, you two can go over to the audience over that way, Rainbow, follow me.” The pony pointed to the hallway down to the audience and then turned around started walking towards the way to the track

“So, you excited?” The mare asked.

“Of course I am!” Rainbow responded with a stupid, happy face. They continued for awhile.

Meanwhile in the hallway to the audience…

“Hey! You two!” A voice called out from behind the flightless pegasus and sarcastic griffin. It was a dark blue mare with a white, cloud-like mane and tail.

“Hey, we need a flag waver, they can’t be found anywhere, would one of you like to do it?” They ask.

“Not really. Shy?” Replied Gilda, the yellow pegasus followed that up with

“U-uhm… sure?” Fluttershy said it so quietly that no one could really hear. They just assumed that she said yes.

“Alrighty, follow me then.” Miss Cloud-tail told Fluttershy. They went off to the track as well. When they got there Fluttershy was given a checkered flag and then told

“Jump on that cloud over there, in the front. When the countdown is at 0, bring down the flag.” Which made her do just that, she hopped right over to the cloud, it moved a little bit from her impact but went back to normal after a couple of shakes.

“Alright mares and gentlecolts, fillies and colts, this is the annual event you’ve all been waiting for. Watch your kids, your neighbor’s kids, and more race to win ten thousand dollars for their school and community. They've been training since they learned to fly, it's the thing that will put them on the map. It is the Junior Cloudsdale 1000 Kilometer Sky-track Race. They will start in ten seconds…” A loud, booming voice announced.
“Ten…” Rainbow Dash and the others walked up to the starting line.
“Nine..” Fluttershy brought the flag skyward.
“Eight…” The course was checked one last time.
“Seven… “ The racers looked determined.
“Six…” The countdown was going slowly…
“Five…” The racers were getting impatient.
“Four” Dash stayed determined.
“Three…” Everybody but Dash, a green hawk based griffen, and a white pegasus were no longer in the starting position.
“Two…” Any second now…
“One…” The flag was brought down, sending the racers off.

Fluttershy was blown away, literally off the cloud by Rainbow Dash’s extreme speed. She just fell of the cloud, she couldn't save herself, her wings were locked up tightly against her body, she thought she was going to die that day until... a strange blue aura surrounded her and put her right back on the cloud.

“What? What just happened?” She thought. “Who did that? There aren’t any unicorns in Cloudsdale… are there?” She continued to ponder over what just happened. “I… They saved my life… I should go thank them…” She concludes. She looked around and saw only the audience, who was looking at the track rather than her, that was good, she didn’t like people staring at her. Fluttershy jumped off the cloud she was on to go back. She wanted to find who this was.

Meanwhile, with Rainbow Dash, Rainbow was dashing through the track at a speed unusual for her age. She went so fast the water in the air was forming some form of cone around her, making a short rainbow trail. She kept going faster until she just about hit a new speed never seen before… but then… obstacles started moving on their own, getting bigger, harder to avoid. She had to slow down to avoid it all.

“Well… this is new…” Rainbow thought to herself. She never trained for this type of nonsense. “Well, I’m so much better then all of them, I could still win, even with my eyes closed.” She internally braged to herself, cheering herself on. She was right, no one ever trained for this, she wasn’t the only one affected by it either, the green griffin was also being slowed down. He was in second place, not too far away from Dash. “Wait a second… these clouds are all surrounded by blue… is there a unicorn up here? Nah, those guys couldn’t get off the ground if they tried.” Dash throws the idea away into a mental garbage bin.

“Alright everyone, the race is about to end… will Rainbow Dash win as we all thought? Or will Jet Boarder pull out of second place at the last second? Let’s find out!” The announcer boomed from the speakers

“Dash’ll win, we should all know that.” Gilda said quietly in the audience. She knew that Dash would win, without a single doubt. She was in last year’s race, she finished in second place. Gilda wasn’t mad, second place still gets you a lot of respect around the city. And considering that Rainbow is almost double her own speed, she knew Dash couldn’t lose.

Dash and Jet were just about to cross the finish line, they were right next to each other, it was almost a tie. Jet managed to get ahead by going under the obstacles.

“Aaaaaaaand we have a victor!” Blasts from the speakers, the crowd chears. “Let’s see… it was hard to tell who won, let’s look at it frame by frame.” They look at the last second of the race frame by frame, the crowd is trying to anticipate the victor. “And the winner of this race is… just as expected, Rainbow Dash!” They tell the results, everyone cheers again, Dash puts her hooves in the air, enjoying every second of it.

“Wooo, I won!” Rainbow shouted to the heavens. She looked around for Fluttershy, she was nowhere to be found. Dash believed that Fluttershy just went to the washroom, she'd be back in just a minute. So, she decided to go see Gilda. The griffin was walking over to Rainbow.

“Hey, good job.” Gilda said to Dash as they approached each other.

“Yeah, I'm awesome.” Rainbow felt awesome about winning.

“Hey, have you seen Fluttershy?” Gilda asked Dash.

“Nah, she probably just went to the washroom.”

“Are you sure? It's been fifteen minutes.”

“Gilda, stop worrying, It's not like you. How could someone get hurt
going to find the washroom?”

“It's Fluttershy.”

“... Let's go look for her.” They went out to look for her… they eventually found her… What was she doing before?

Fluttershy was looking around outside the huge cloud building. Trying to find the one who saved her life. “Where would they be?” She looked around. She eventually saw a pink unicorn off in the distance with the same blue magic around her hooves and horn. Fluttershy quickly walks over.
“What if they aren't the one?”
“No… they must be the only unicorn here. “
“What if they aren't nice?”
“No… they saved me, they must be good. “
“But what if they didn't want to save me?”
“What if they had evil intentions?”
“No… No, that can’t be, we just have to walk over there and thank them… yeah… that’s all.” She took a step forward.
“But what if they don’t like me and only saved me to torment me?” She paused.
“No. I’m thinking too hard, they have to be good. They must be.” She continued to walk.

“H-hello?” Fluttershy shyly asked quietly.

“Yes? Oh, It’s Fluttershy, hello there.” The pink unicorn greeted Fluttershy, already knowing their name.

“H-how did you know my name?” Fluttershy asked, slightest bit shocked.

“Why wouldn’t I know your name? You’re the only pegasus with an A+ in every class you’ve ever attended” She stated.

“H-how did you know this much about me?!” Fluttershy was scared, she thought she just found a stalker.

“Oh, It was in the news awhile back.” The excuse was good enough, neither Fluttershy nor her family read the newspaper.

“O-oh… okay… so… were you the one who saved me?” Fluttershy then asked, just ignoring the other line of thought.

“Why yes, I was.” She answered.

“Oh… okay… bye, I should go now… thanks for saving me from falling to my demise.” Fluttershy then tried to walk away.

“Alright, I’ll see you later… say hi to Twilight for me in a few years.”

Fluttershy turned around…
But nobody was there.

Author's Note:

Welp, here it is, the third version of this story. This one, unlike version two is a complete rewrite. This time I started where it all gets interesting and fun to write. Hope you enjoy, feel free to say something below, and as always, I'll see you all next time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit1: 1 Revision Later.
Edit2: It's only a tragedy to (Certain Ponies)... So, let's say it's an adventure. Much more fitting.