• Published 27th Apr 2016
  • 1,526 Views, 8 Comments

Spider-Man:New Dawn - Secondchancer



This story takes place two months after the events of Spider-Verse. This story will follow a spider and his journey to becoming a better hero

  • ...
6
 8
 1,526

Chapter 1

Flipping over to the next building a blur of red and black flew between the buildings landing on the next building a figure dressed in red/black spandex stood atop the building looking around the figure took a deep breath "Okay almost to school." priming his legs he began to run across the building reaching the edge he swung out his left arm shooting out a strand of white substance with slight hiss feeling the line go taunt he gave it a sharp tug lifting himself up using the momentum to carry him a few blocks before cutting the line he did a front flip before shooting another line while muttering "C'mon Parker first day of school can't be late to the opening ceremony !"

Sticking to the side of the building he looked around seeing his school his eyes going wide with excitement looking around he shot two lines at the edge of the building pushing himself back the lines he had shot formed a slingshot type design. The lines Groaned from the tension being produced the figure looked around making sure he had a clear shot at his school smiling under his mask he turned in time to see a young woman with shoulder length black hair looking at him in shock holding up a hand he said "Don't worry ma'am your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man will be safe...........probably." after speaking to the girl Spider-Man lifted both legs up he was immediately shot forward squinting his eyes slightly Spider-Man felt the massive G's on his bodies as he reached the building he quickly shot out a line it caught squarely on the side of the building feeling him immediately stop he flew backward into the building fracturing the side of the building groaning he said "Gotta *COUGH* work on that."

Cutting the line Spider-Man landed onto the ground getting down in a kneeling position he looked around the edge he saw nobody walking around the grounds cocking an eyebrow he pulled back behind the building quickly standing up he began to change into his civilian clothes, he quickly put on a light blue shirt with black cargo pants. Taking off his mask Spider-Man revealed a youthful sixteen year old face that was slightly tanned, the young man had short brown bedroom hair running his hands over it he tried desperately to pat it down while shoving the mask into one of the pocket in his shorts, his dark brown eyes quickly scanned the surrounding trying to find any signs of life before making his way inside "Oh come on I can't be-"

"Late again Mr. Parker ?" a voice spoke up behind him gulping the teen turned to spy a man who was in his later forties his white hair was closely shaven to his head adorning his face was a white handle bar mustache, he wore a lab coat over a bright lime green dress shirt, with dark khakis smiling at the young man he said "Lets go Mr. Parker you don't want to be late for the rest of ceremony."

"Yes Professor Warren." Peter said with a sullen look as he followed his biology for his second year at Midtown as the young teen followed the teacher through the school he looked around seeing almost nobody in the school sighing he saw the teacher standing in front of double doors holding one of them open giving Parker a slight look sheepishly smiling he shirked passed the teacher making his way inside the auditorium Peter quickly found an empty seat with no one around quickly taking it he let out a slight sigh only to have the air catch in his throat as his teacher sat beside him while he asked "So Mr. Parker is this how the rest of your year is gonna go ?"

"Uh....no sir just didn't set my alarm correctly."

"Hmmm well you are my star pupil next to Twilight but with how you acted last year she may become number 1."

"Well she is my best friend sir I think i'll be okay with her being the best student." Peter said smiling up at his mentor only for the teacher to raise an eyebrow at his student sighing he said "Your a good friend Peter and a wonderful student you just gotta show up to class and school on time."

"Yes sir i'll do my best this year." Peter said looking his teacher dead in the eye while he said it smiling at his student he gave him a simple thumbs up before getting up to exit the auditorium. Steering his attention to the stage Peter made himself comfortable trying his best to pay attention to the principal as he welcome the students to another year going to Midtown, yawning slightly Peter saw that everyone was being dismissed from the ceremony standing up he began to make his way to the exit while thinking about what had happened last night with Hammerhead rubbing his shoulder from the memory he thought 'What would a gangster want with that OsCorp. crate, and who was the extra muscle ?'

Making his way into his first class of the day Peter took a seat more towards the back feeling someone tap his shoulder Peter turned to his right to see his best friend Twilight Sparkle taking the seat beside he gave her a quick look over seeing she had dark purple hair with a signal pink strand going down the middle she had recently cut her hair to be shoulder length, today she was wearing a dark purple t-shirt with a black knee length skirt, her wire rimmed glasses sat neatly on her nose adjusting them slightly she asked "So Peter how was your summer ?"

"Hehehe nothing exciting just doing some work for the bugle here and there." Peter said rubbing the back of his head while thinking 'If you don't count the crazy dimensional vampires I had to fight in a few alternate dimensions with a few dozen different versions of me.' waving at her in a lazy fashion he asked "So what about you did you have fun down in Florida ?"

"Oh yeah after science camp I stayed with my brother so he even took me to Disney in Orlando with my sister in-law it was really cool but after I got back I just hung out with some of my other friends who go to Canterlot Prep."

"Sounds like you had a good summer and I didn't realize you had friends going to another school."

"Oh come on Peter I couldn't ditch you, we've been best friends since fifth grade I couldn't ditch you in the second year of high school now could I."

"I know you wouldn't do that Twi just joking with you." Peter chuckled while giving her a slight pat on the shoulder causing the young scholar to turn a slight shade of red. Turning his attention to the front of the room Peter saw the English teacher making her way in she wore a light pink blouse with a dark pink knee length skirt speaking up she said "My name is Mrs. Cheerliee and welcome to AP English this year we will be covering a lot of material so be ready because this is going to be a very hard year for some of you."

(Lunch Time)

Making his way around the campus Peter found a few benches out of the way in the area the students were allowed to eat during lunch taking a seat he began to take bites out of the schools food. After a few moments he saw Twilight taking a seat next to him Peter looked up giving a simple smile he said "So how are your other classes going ?"

"Pretty good I think this is gonna be an interesting year though."

"why do you say that Twi ?"

"Well one of my classes is current events and well Flash was going on about Spider-Man and how there were at least five of him including our Spider-Man at times square over the summer."

"Oh yeah I actually saw that it was crazy what happened."

"Wow did he fight any super villains ?" Twilight asked giving Peter a questioning look Peter looked at her shrugging his shoulders he said "I have no clue but he was in some fight with this guy calling himself Morlun when four other Spider-Men came out of some portals each wearing differently designed costumes like his."

"Really !?!?"

"Yup then they dragged him through some kinda portal before disappearing i heard that he came through another portal, his costume was all torn up and he looked pretty beat up."

"Wow does anybody know what happened to him ?"

"No which has me curious about what happened." Peter said scratching his neck until he felt somebody tap his shoulder looking over it he saw Flash looking at the massive football player he wore his usual green/white letterman jacket with a black t-shirt underneath and black shorts, his dirty blonde hair was cut short and slicked back,+ bright green eyes stared at the two students in front of him smiling he quickly said "Petey how you doing buddy its been three months since we last talked."

"Oh hey Flash how was your summer ?"

"Sucked the only exciting thing was the whole Spider-men thing in times square."

"Oh yeah i got some pictures left over from the fighting you want them ?" Peter asked while he rummaged through his quickly finding the items he had mentioned before smiling Flash held out his hand for the pics looking through them he whistled at a few of the pictures before saying "So why didn't the bugle use all of them ?"

"Jonah only chooses like four of my pictures i just take all these so i don't risk him not choosing any."

"Cool thanks Petey i gotta go seeya in class." Flash said while tucking the pictures into his jacket standing up he quickly made his way over to another table in the court yard shaking his head Peter quickly went back to eating his food while conversing with Twilight.

(End of school)

Exiting the school Peter looked around not seeing Twilight waiting for him sighing he began to make his way to the subway getting ready to head home when felt a familiar tingle at the base of his skull turning to look behind him he scowled wondering if someone or something was following him. Shrugging his shoulders Peter continued along exiting the school grounds after walking for a few blocks he quickly ducked into a near by alley looking around the empty lot he changed into his Spider-Man uniform before shoving his cargo pants into his back pack Peter pulled out his mask and quickly donned the mask, pulling on the back pack Spider-Man webbed it shut while saying "Not gonna lose my clothes like last time."

Standing up Spider-Man looked up at the building to his right before jumping vertically to the wall he began to crawl up the wall reaching the top he flipping over the edge he began to run across the building. Reaching the edge Spider-Man leapt forward throwing out his arm his shot some webbing to the next building feeling it connect he used his momentum to propel himself forward picking up speed he cut the line while doing a back flip leveling himself out he found his next target and shot another line feeling it connect Spider-Man threw his legs forward propelling himself once again feeling his cell phone vibrating Spider-Man landed on the wall of a near by building quickly pulling out the device he looked at the caller I.D. before answering "Hey Aunt May how is your day going ?"

"Oh its going well Peter, how was your first day back at school ?"

"Eh okay nothing much, did you want me to grab something for you before I came home ?"

"Oh no deary I was just calling to let you know that me and Mrs. Shimmer would be going to the theater tonight and I won't be home till late tonight." she said smiling under his mask Peter was about to answer her when he heard a deafening boom looking around he quickly found a tower of smoke rising into the sky glaring at the chaos Peter quickly said "That's good to hear Aunt May but I gotta go looks like something is going on."

"Be careful Peter and hurry home safely !" Aunt May said before Peter hung up on her shaking his head Spider-Man quickly descended to street level firing a web line he swung him self over to the store being robbed looking around he shouted "Alright everybody vacate the area, your friendly neighbor hood Spider-Man has this covered." quickly taking the spiders advice everybody ran further from the area knowing that Spider-Mans fights usually led to a lot of destruction and the occasional super villain. Turning to the smoking entrance Spider-Man rubbed his chin in thought taking a deep breath he clicked his fingers together a few times before a two figures carrying brown burlap bags made their way through the dust chuckling at the figures Spider-Man said "Seriously Flint and Maxwell this has to be the sixth time in three weeks or is it two ?"

"Spider-Man how do you always end up being where we're at !" Flint cried out waving out his free arm while the other lowered his sack full of jewels, Flint was a man in his late thirties with shaved dark brown hair his skin was lightly tanned, he wore long khaki colored cargo pants with a dark/light green long sleeved shirt with horizontal stripes. Flints partner on the other hand had long blond hair and pale white skin, he wore a black t-shirt with grey cargo pants his features stricken with worry, turning to his partner Flint motioned with his thumb getting the signal he quickly dug into the inside pocket of his jacket pulling out a 9mm pistol he pointed it at the spider and pulled the trigger multiple times only for Spider-Man to dodge two of the bullets before jumping over to a nearby lamp post landing perfectly he said "Seriously do you guys not learn from the other thrashings I've given you !"

"Shut it Spider!" Maxwell yelled firing three more shots at Spider-Man before a line of webbing connected to the gun ripping it out of his grip and feeling something connect with his gut sending him fly onto the ground, standing on top of the crook Spider-Man crushed he gun in his hand before tossing it to the side glaring at Flint the criminal began to sweat nervously. Quickly turning Flint tried to make his get away only to trip over his own feet looking down he saw webbing wrapped around his ankles pushing himself up he immediately felt something smack into his hands looking at each hand he saw webbing firmly securing him to the side walk seeing two black shoes next to him he looked up to see Spider-man cocking his head to the side saying "Really Flint running that was your whole escape plan ?"

"Ooooh I'll get you-" Flints rant was quickly cut off when webbing was shot to glue the crooks mouth shut sighing Spider-Man saw a few officers making their way over to them motioning with his head for them to take over he fired some webbing and swung off making his way into the city on his usual patrol before he headed home to his aunt.