• Published 22nd Apr 2016
  • 714 Views, 11 Comments

Moonflower - Lux



Who is this cute unicorn that recently joined the same college you're in? Why does she seem to be hiding and tells you little about herself?

  • ...
7
 11
 714

Chapter 12

Chapter 12

That morning you reluctantly got ready for the day’s classes, feeling weighed down by the events of the night before and that strange dream. You’d rather simply lock yourself away in your dorm room, but that would only make your mood worse with nopony to talk to. Another thought crossed your mind, one of spending the day trying to find Moonflower, but there was no telling where to start. The more you thought about that idea, the more you realized that there was very little of that mare that you were certain of. You didn’t know which dorm she was in or what classes she took today as they shifted every other day. Even if you did found her, there wasn’t even a chance that she’d want to see you then or ever after your blunder that night.

“Guess I’ll just go through the day,” you said as you stepped out the door, admitting that this bond that you had with Moonflower might be a fleeting one. You trudged across the greenway, feeling like your book bag weighed ten times what it was, as you made your way to the student center. After getting your food, you saw your friends sitting at the same familiar table. Although it was a welcoming sight, it was also depressing as you noticed the empty seat where Moonflower once sat, a painful reminder of what was once lost. Steeling yourself, you took a seat at the table where your friends were already deep in a debate.

“Hey, how’s it going?” Snowbeak said, “I take it you survived your first day of classes.”

“I guess so,” you said while picking at your scrambled eggs.

“Where’s Moonflower?” Spearmint said looking over at the seat reserved for the absent guest.

“I don’t know,” you said hoping it was enough to end the topic, but you knew that talks like missing friends didn’t stay silent.

“What do you mean you don’t know?” Snowbeak said, “You two have been stuck together every time I’ve seen you. You did have class with her last night, right?”

“Hey, I’m not that close to her. Besides that, she does have her own life with doing stuff. And yes, I had Astronomy class with her, but that was it.”

“If you say so,” Snow said with a shrug, “All I’m saying is that you’d think that she’d be here for breakfast.”

“She was ok after your class, right?” Spearmint asked.

“Yeah, she was fine like normal,” you said not having the heart to explain what happened after class.

“So you just said goodbye to her after class and that was it?” Snowbeak said, “I don’t buy it.”

“What do you mean?” Spearmint said interjecting with the same question you were about to ask.

“Come on, Spearmint! Moonflower is a total knockout! Why wouldn’t he do something… like take her out to a bar, or you know.”

“Eew! Really? You expect every cute pony to want to join you in your dorm room for some fun? You obviously have lots to learn Snowbeak. Really you think our friend is that shallow to do something like that? I mean maybe you would Snow, but him?”

“Hey, I’m not saying going right to that, but a pony like that Moonflower doesn’t come by every moment, or do they stick around as I can see here. All I’m saying is if you want something or someone, you have to go and get it. You understand, right?”

“You know, you’re right,” you said.

“I am?” Snow said surprised that you agreed.

“Yes, if I want to keep her as my friend, I need to tell her how I feel about her. Thanks, Snowbeak.”

“Err…you’re welcome?”

“I have to get going,” you said quickly picking up your tray, “I have one hour to find her before my next class starts.”

Without another word to your friends and confused looks on their face, you made your way out of the dining hall, hoping to find Moonflower and rekindle your friendship with her.

Author's Note:

Short chapter I know, but the next one will be larger and more in depth.