• Published 1st May 2016
  • 3,745 Views, 19 Comments

Today's Her What? - MLP Fangirl



There are two days that simply can't be forgotten when you're in a relationship: anniversaries and birthdays. What happens when Discord forgets one?

  • ...
4
 19
 3,745

That's Today?

It was a warm sunny day in Ponyville. Not that Discord would've known, seeing as how there is no sun in his interdimensional home.

It had been ten months since Discord and Twilight had started dating. Some ponies were a bit unsure of their relationship, but as time went on, the citizens of Equestria had learned to accept them.

Discord and Twilight couldn't have been happier.

Despite being in a relationship for almost an entire year, Discord still considered himself relatively new to the subject. Neither he nor Twilight had ever had any romantic entanglements prior to theirs.

They had both come a long way, but they still had much to learn.

~~~~~

Discord woke up on top of his floating couch. Gravity had never been an issue for him. The chaotic spirit stretched his mismatched arms above him.

"Oh, that does feel good." He ran his eagle claw through his black mane.

He floated away from his couch and into the kitchen. He opened his fridge, finding nothing but tennis balls.

He put a finger to his chin, "Hmm. Not really in the mood for a tennis ball diet."

With a snap of his fingers, the cupboards opened up, revealing nothing but gallons of chocolate milk.

He squinted his eyes, "Eh, save it for another time."

Discord could've simply summoned something to eat, but that would've been too easy.

He snapped his fingers as an idea came to him. A lightbulb randomly appeared above his head, "Ah ha! I bet Ms. Sparky wouldn't mind if I dropped in on her. Oh, who am I kidding, of course she won't!"

With a flick of his tail fluff, the draconequus disappeared.

~~~~~

With a flash of light, Discord appeared in one of the many hallways of the Palace of Friendship. He looked both ways, each hallway looking exactly the same.

"You know, she really ought to label these things. Anypony could get lost in here. Good thing I'm not anypony." Discord smirked in his usual smug manner.

He snapped his fingers and teleported instantly to the throne room.

Only to find nopony there.

Discord groaned, "Okay, this might take longer than I thought."

He snapped his fingers once more and ended up in Twilight's room.

"Twilight dear, are you in here?"

He checked her bed but found it to be neatly made. He took another glance around her room and came to the conclusion that she wasn't in there.

Discord ran his paw down his face, "Alright, where's she? Maybe Spike knows."

Ever since Discord and Twilight had started dating, the baby dragon and draconequus had become good friends.

He teleported into Spike's room, finding the dragon-in-question sleeping in his bed.

Part of him wanted to blow a trumpet in his ear to wake him up, but he decided against it.

He silently made his way over to the sleeping dragon. But being Discord, he couldn't wake Spike up the boring, old-fashioned way.

Smirking slyly, Discord began talking in Twilight's voice. "Spike, Spike. Get up."

Spike began to stir, "Mmm, Twilight?" He croaked quietly, "I thought you left already."

Discord raised an eyebrow. Left?

Spike turned around to look at who he thought was Twilight.

"Morning, Twili - ACK!" Spike screamed as his eyes widened in surprise. "DISCORD?!" He fell off of his bed in shock.

Discord fell on his back, laughing wildly. "Oh, Spike, you should've seen the look on your face! Priceless!"

Spike rubbed his head, narrowing his eyes, "Hardy har har. You know, you almost gave me a heart attack."

Discord wiped a tear from his eye as his laughter began to subside, "Please, you're too young to have a heart attack. But, if that was a bit much, I apologize. I'll tone it down a smidge next time."

"Thanks."

"Just a smidge."

Spike huffed, "Figures. So, did you come here to greet her?"

"If by greet, you mean have breakfast with her, then yes, I have come to greet her." Discord nodded, not quite understanding what Spike meant.

"Oh, well, she's already left."

Discord raised an eyebrow, "Left? For where?"

"The Crystal Empire. She wanted to celebrate her birthday over there."

It took Discord ten seconds to fully register that statement. "Her what?"

Spike raised his eyebrow, "Birthday? You know what a birthday is, right?"

Discord furrowed his white eyebrows, "Of course, I do. Twilight's birthday is today?"

"Yeah?" Spike asked in questioning tone, "Didn't you know?"

Discord found himself speechless for once. He bit one of his talons.

"You're saying her birthday is today?"

"Yes."

"As in, today today?"

"Yes." Spike's tone gradually became annoyed.

"I thought it was on the fourteenth."

"Take a look at the calendar," Spike stated flatly, pointing to a calendar hanging on the wall.

Discord snapped the calendar over to him, looking at the date.

The draconequus scratched his head, "You're sure that's today's date?"

Spike groaned, "Ugh, yes, Discord. Today is May 14, the birthday of Twilight Sparkle."

Discord blinked, "When was she going to tell me this?"

Spike raised an eyebrow, "She did tell you. I was there when she told you."

Discord blinked again, "When was this?"

"Last Friday? At dinner? Ringing any bells?"

Discord stroked his goatee, "Last Friday, huh? Let me see."

He quickly vanished from Spike's room and found himself in the dining hall of the castle.

He saw himself, Twilight, and Spike having dinner together.

The past Twilight levitated a napkin to her mouth, "Wow, that spinach lasagna was quite good, Spike. Where did you learn how to make that?"

"I - "

Past Discord interrupted the little dragon, placing a proud claw on his chest, "From yours truly. I happen to own my very own cookbook." He summoned a cookbook with a picture of himself dressed as a chef, holding a spatula.

Twilight squinted at the title, "How to Cook the Chaotic Way? Since when are you a chef? Let me see that."

Much to Discord's chagrin, she pulled the book out of his hands with her magic and began examining it.

The purple alicorn inspected it closely. Her eyes narrowed skeptically as she looked back at him, "Where'd you get your inspiration? Canterlot?"

Discord scoffed, "Pfft, what makes you say that?" His eyes darted around the room.

Twilight raised an eyebrow, levitating the book high for both of them to see. "No wonder it tasted so good, Spike. The recipe is from Canterlot."

Spike blinked, "How do you know?"

Twilight tore off Discord's cover of the book and revealed the real cover title Canterlot Cuisine.

Discord sighed, laughing slightly, "Okay, you got me. I can't cook anything up. Except for chaos, of course." For added measure, a rumble of thunder suddenly echoed through the room as chocolate rain began to descend from the cotton candy clouds.

Spike hid behind Twilight as the chocolate began to soak into their coats.

Twilight sat on her chair with an unamused expression on her face, "Discord, now is not the time."

Discord stared at her for five seconds then shrugged, "Yeah, I guess you're right." He snapped his fingers, causing the cotton candy clouds to disappear.

Present Discord chuckled silently at his past self's antics.

Twilight shook herself clean from the sudden downpour, "While I may be able to tolerate your chaos more than I used to, there are times where I must put my hoof down. So, please, warn us next time when you do something like that?"

"But, that's what makes chaos so much fun! You never know what's going to happen next. " Discord bent down, giving her a smile.

Twilight rolled her eyes then smirked. Without warning, she leaned forward, pressing her muzzle against Discord's, catching him off guard..

Discord, despite being surprised, returned the kiss.

Spike turned away, covering his eyes, "Uh, could you, like do that somewhere that's not here? I'm only a baby dragon, after all."

They quickly pulled away, a slight blush on both their faces.

"Chaotic enough for you?"

Discord nuzzled her head, "That'll suffice."

Spike rolled his eyes, "Okay, seriously?"

Twilight giggled, "Sorry, Spike."

Discord smirked, crossing his arms, "Don't blame me. She started it." He spotted a cheese danish on one of the silver trays. "Oh! Cheese danish!"

Spike sighed, "Whatever. Hey, Twilight, your birthday's coming up soon."

Twilight chuckled, "Yeah, I know. I'm planning on spending it in the Crystal Empire. Spend some time with my family."

Spike gave a thumbs-up, "Oh, yeah, totally. You should definitely enjoy yourself."

Twilight raised an eyebrow, "Myself? You didn't think I'd leave you behind, did you?"

Spike waved a claw, "Nah, don't worry about it, Twilight. You enjoy time with your folks. Besides, I could use some personal 'Me Time.'"

Twilight chuckled, "I hope that doesn't involve six hours of comic book reading."

"What gave you that idea?"

Twilight shrugged, a smile on her face, "Well, if you don't want to come, I guess you don't have to."

Spike patted Twilight's hoof, "Don't worry about me, Twi. I'll take care of the palace while you're gone."

Twilight smiled, "Thanks, Spike. Discord, would you like to come with me?"

Discord was licking his fingers from the pastry he had just consumed.

Twilight cleared her throat, "Discord?"

The draconequus jumped suddenly, "Huh? What? Oh. Uh, no, I don't want to subscribe to Magic Monthly."

Twilight lifted a hoof, "But, that's not what I - "

"Well, this has been lovely. But, I really must take my leave. I shall see you again, my dear." He gave her a quick peck on the cheek then vanished.

Twilight rolled her eyes.

Spike chuckled, "Something tells me he wasn't listening."

Present Discord flashed back to the present.

His face was covered behind his paw.

Spike was in the same spot he was earlier, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Well?"

The chaotic spirit sighed, "Yes, you did tell me. I was...a little busy with a cheese danish."

Spike rolled his eyes, "I don't even wanna know."

Discord fell back against a chair, "How am I supposed to make it up to her? Is she coming back today?"

Spike shook his head, "She's coming back tomorrow, which gives us plenty of time to prepare."

Discord blinked, "Prepare? For what?"

Spike smirked, "There was a reason I didn't want to go with Twilight. If you want to make it up to her, then follow me."

Spike scampered out of his room.

Discord, though uncertain, followed the little dragon to whereabouts unknown.

Author's Note:

Hi hi hi, everypony! Yours truly is back with another Twicord story. So, in short, Discord forgot Twi's b-day, and he has to make it up to her. Read on to find out how.