• Published 5th Apr 2016
  • 1,035 Views, 30 Comments

Eternal Love, Life, and Death - Fiction Quill



A brony named lance gets teleported to another dimension and appeared in the magical land of Equestria.

  • ...
12
 30
 1,035

Arrival in Another Dimension (Edited)

Today was a warm, sunny day. The birds are chirping. The bees are buzzing and all of the kids are playing and enjoying their summer vacation from school. Yes, today is a beautiful day. There are even those who are enjoying such a fine day from working outside. However, there are those who are unable to enjoy it, due to having to be indoors whether it's because they are sick or they are working indoors. Lance is one of those few who are having to work inside the building. Still things could be worse, he could be like those criminal's stuck in their jail cells. Lance is a policeman. His job isn't babysitting those in their cells. Lance's main job is usually catching criminals, but his superiors are making him work in the office today, although he wishes he could be out there in the sun and in the action. His superiors aren't bad people and they don't abuse their authority and it’s not like Lance is bad at is job. Quite the opposite, in fact he is one of the best. Lance just has a bad habit of being reckless. Of course, no civilian or other officer has ever gotten hurt because of his recklessness. He just tends to end up getting himself hurt often, but thanks to that they rarely ever have any injured officers or civilians besides himself. The reason Lance is so reckless is because he has made it his personal mission to protect as many people as he can, even at the cost of his own life. Lance is very passionate about his job and takes it very seriously, but sadly today he must work in the office because he would surely get hurt or worse by the criminal that is currently being pursued.

Lance's routine is fairly normal. He just goes to work, does his job and then goes home afterwards. Every once in a while he will stop by a restaurant to get something for dinner. The only thing that changes the routine a little is either when he is in the hospital from an injury on the job or when he decides to go on a walk. The difference between Lance and many of his co-workers or his superiors is that he is a Brony. Not uncommon for a 22 year old, but he doesn't want people getting the wrong idea so he keeps it to himself. The only people who know that he is a Brony are his family and his closest friends. He never misses an episode on T.V. since his only days off are on Saturdays. When there isn't a new episode on and he feels like watching some My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic he will just start up his Netflix and watch some of the older episodes. His favourite pony of all would be Twilight Sparkle the Princess of Friendship. He enjoys how she always tries to look at things from a scientific perspective and he will admit that he finds her joy of organizing and the fact that she seems to have OCD to be quite cute.

It was 8:30 PM and Lance just got finished with his 9 hour shift in the office. He got up and stretched, aching from sitting down for so long. Lance never liked sitting for so long. He was always active throughout his life. He may have not been on any sports teams, considering that he isn't a fan of sports, but he did always exercise and also took MMA classes so he can defend himself should the need arise.

"Man this has been one slow and boring day." Lance yawned as he continued to stretch and heard a chuckle behind him and saw his best friend Roy shaking his head and smiling.

"Lance you seriously need to learn to chill. I understand that you can't hold still and are used to being so active, but come on! You have got to learn to enjoy the simpler things in life." Roy playfully taunted as Lance laughed.

"I can't help it! You know how I love to be out there in the action and protecting the innocent." Roy sighed as he looked seriously at Lance.

"I know you do buddy, but I don't want to see my best friend get killed. We have been through a lot together and you are not allowed to die before me you hear?" Lance smiled appreciatively and chuckled.

"I know and I promise to do my best to keep myself alive." Roy nodded and smirked.

"Alright dude. Now go on home and watch your ponies. I’m sure they miss you." Roy retorted as he laughed and Lance laughed along with him.

"Alright. See you tomorrow!" Lance exclaimed as he and Roy waved goodbye to each other and Lance made his way home.
Lance doesn't live too far from the station, only a couple blocks so he always walks to work rather than driving. If there is ever a time he needs a vehicle while he is at the station he just uses one of the cars at the station or he quickly rushes home to grab his vehicle. Whichever seems to be the best option at the time. Lance is always prepared though, even when he is walking he always carries his radio, his gun, his badge and a taser for good measure. Lance tries to refrain from using deadly force and so far he has never had to use deadly force. Lance has used his gun on people before and has even shot a number of criminals but none of them have ever been fatally wounded. Lance would either shoot the weapon out of their hand or he would shoot them in the leg to give him an opening to tackle them. Other officers have used deadly force when teamed with him before but only when he was injured.

When Lance arrived at his home he decided to get into his car and go out to eat. It has been a while since he has had Chinese food. He started up his car and decided to go to a restaurant he always went to as a kid, a restaurant called Taste Island. It was no fancy restaurant, but it definitely wasn't a bad restaurant either. Plus it was all you can eat! While on his way to the restaurant his cell phone started ringing. It was his boss calling. When his boss called he knew 1 of 3 things. 1. His boss needs him to work at the office again on his next work day. 2. His boss was giving him some extra time off. 3. There was an emergency and Lance was needed A.S.A.P. Lance turned on his Bluetooth device and answered the call.

"Hey boss. What's up?" Lance queried.

"Lance we need you down on main street and quick! We tried to catch the criminal but he escaped into a hospital and is holding hostages! I really didn't want to get you involved in this case because this guy is a psychopath, but we don't have much of a choice. I already called Roy and he is on his way." Lance could hear the panic in his boss’s voice, nodded and quickly turned the car around.

"Alright boss! I am on my way as we speak. I will be there in 5 minutes." Lance said as he heard a sigh of relief from his Bluetooth device.

"Great! See you soon Lance." Lance heard his boss hang up. He turned his Bluetooth device off as he turned his siren on and headed towards the main street hospital.

When Lance arrived the hospital was completely surrounded and there were search lights shining all over the building. Lance put on his bulletproof vest underneath his shirt before getting out of his car. Once Lance left his vehicle he walked over to where his boss and Roy were standing.

"So what's the situation? Who is this guy and what are we up against?" Lance questioned calmly and seriously. His boss looked at him and sighed.

"He calls himself Genocide, but his real name is Roman Reaper. He is a psychopath who also happens to be an extremely intelligent scientist. We have been after this guy for years and now he is finally cornered. We can't let him get away and hurt any more innocent people!" Lance nodded and loaded his gun. Roy smiled knowingly and also readied his gun.

"Understood sir. He won’t get away." Lance said as he cocked his gun. Roy nodded in agreement. Their boss simply sighed.

"Listen Lance. I know you don't like to use deadly force, which is why I didn't want to get you involved in this, but you need to understand something. This guy is no push over and he will kill you and anybody else without even batting an eye. The orders are shoot to kill. If you hesitate even for a moment you will die." Lance sighed, knowing what he must do to save innocent lives.

"I understand sir. He will be stopped by any means necessary." Their boss nodded as Lance and Roy headed through the back door.

Once Lance and Roy got inside they slowly crept and sneaked around the hospital quietly looking for the perpetrator. Along the way they found several dead bodies of some doctors, nurses, and patients. Some of which were children. Roy grimaced at the sight as Lance silently wept for their deaths.

"See Lance, this is why we have to take this guy out. Someone like him doesn't deserve to live. Not after what he has done." Roy seethed as Lance nodded.

"I know."

They continued to walk quietly against the wall peeking into every room to find Roman, but there was no sign of him. For a while it seemed like he wasn't in the hospital until they heard a lot of clanking and the sound of a welder. They began to follow the sound until they came across Roman who appeared to be building some kind of machine.

"YES! It is done! Soon I shall make those fools pay for humiliating me! I will show them! I WILL SHOW THEM ALL! MWAHAHAHAHA!" Roman cackled psychotically as he was plugging in his new machine. Lance took this opportunity and pointed his gun at Roman.

"FREEZE ROMAN! Put your hands in the air where I can see them and turn around slowly!" Roman stopped what was doing and stood frozen. Roy looked at Lance with a shocked expression.

"LANCE?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! SHOOT THIS GUY! You heard the boss’s orders! Shoot to Kill! They don't want him taken alive they want him dead!" Lance shook his head.

"I am sorry Roy, but you know it goes against my principles. I can't shoot him unless he attacks us first. I have to give him a chance to surrender and if he does then all I can do is bring him into custody." Lance said as Roy began to lose his temper.

"Your principles don't apply here! We have our orders! Don't you remember all of those bodies back there?! All of the innocent lives this bastard has taken?! Look I understand that you want to follow by the code, but this guy is a menace! Even if you did bring him into custody they would probably give him the chair! Just end it here and now! If you don't then I will! Do you understand me?! Now do it!" Lance simply shook his head and then Roman began to chuckle.

"Didn't your superiors ever teach you not to hesitate in front of an enemy? Because if you do then... YOU WILL DIE!" Roman spat as he pulled a gun out and pointed it at Lance. However, just as he pulled the trigger Roy leapt into the path of the bullet.
The bullet ended up hitting Roy in the center of his chest and he collapsed to the ground as he began to cough up blood. Lance quickly rushed to his side, dropping to his knees and losing his grip on his gun.

"ROY! Roy please don't die! PLEASE DON"T DIE! I will get you some help just stay with me!" But before Lance could use his radio Roy stopped him and shook his head weakly.

"Don't. Bother Lance. It’s too late for me now... Just please stop this guy for me... Don't let him escape... Stop him..." Roy exhaled as his eye fluttered shut. His skin grew cold and grey as he lost his pulse. Roy was gone. Lance couldn't hold back anymore and burst into unrelenting tears at his best friend’s demise. Roy was dead and Lance knew he had nobody to blame but himself. Roman laughed maniacally as he tossed his gun down.

"Well looks like I am out of bullets. Shouldn't have used all of them on those people in the hospital." Roman scoffed as he finished hooking up his machine. Lance could stand for no more of this. He picked up his gun and pointed it at Roman.

"I WILL MAKE YOU PAY FOR KILLING ROY AND ALL OF THOSE INNOCENT PEOPLE! PREPARE TO DIE YOU BASTARD!" Lance roared nd began to fire wildly at Roman until he emptied his gun. Lance got about 3 successful shots out of 8 and Roman fell to the ground. He was bleeding profusely, but all Roman could do was laugh.

"You missed all of my vital organs, but I am still going to need a doctor. I could care less about that though. All I care about is proving everyone wrong about my theory!" Roman said as he stood up.

"What theory?" Lance asked as Roman began to laugh psychotically.

"That there are other dimensions out there! What I have built here is a portal to another dimension! I do not know where it will take us but once I activate this machine every living person in this hospital will be transported to another dimension!" Roman boasted as he began to laugh like a madman.

"Y-You’re insane!" Roman glared at Lance and grinned mischievously.

"Am I? LET'S FIND OUT SHALL WE?!" With that Roman pulled the lever on the machine. The machine started to act strangely, eventually becoming unstable and was getting out of control. After a few moments there was a blinding flash of light and then everything plummeted into darkness.

Outside of the hospital troops were preparing to head inside after hearing several shots of gunfire, until they noticed a strange light coming from the largest room on one of the top floors. After a few moments the entire hospital exploded, debris flying everywhere along with everyone surrounding the hospital being knocked off of their feet.

"Oh no the hospital!" Lance’s boss said. They searched through the debris of the exploded building, but there was no sign of Lance or Roman. All they found were the corpses of Doctors, Nurses, Patients, and Roy. So what happened to Lance and Roman?

Lance began to slowly open his eyes. He thought he had died because he heard the sound of a loud explosion, but here he was still alive. Only question is where is he? Last time he checked he was in a city trying to stop Roman. So why is he in the middle of the woods? He didn't have time to think about that he had to find Roman. As soon as Lance stood up he immediately fell to the ground again finally noticing the big lead pipe that was stabbed through his leg and the amount of blood that was pouring out. He started to feel light headed and things were beginning to go dark again. He surely thought he was dying because he swore he could hear the voice of an angel.

"Oh my gosh! Are you alright?! You have a serious injury! Quick girls help me move him to the castle!"

What was weird about this angel is that she was lavender colored, had a single horn on her head and a pair of wings. He couldn't make out any other features though. Before he could try to contemplate on it any further darkness over took him once more but not after he began to feel himself being levitated into the air.

Author's Note:

Here is the first chapter of Eternal Love, Life, and Death. I don't know about you guys but i think this is better than my previous fanfics! :twilightsmile: but i want to know what all of you think! i look foward to hearing from you :pinkiehappy: