• Published 31st Mar 2016
  • 395 Views, 2 Comments

Maroon - Magic Cupcakes



Fluttershy loves being part of the Pony Tones but they have a secret, will she still want to be part of them when they reveal it

  • ...
 2
 395

Chapter 1

“Fluttershy, darling, your performance was exquisite.” Rarity praised as the stage lights dimmed and the curtain was drawn.

“Oh thank you Rarity, you sounded lovely as well.” I watched as the backstage lights came to life and let out a sigh. “I feel each time we perform, I’m a bit less nervous.” I said looking at her with a smile.

“That’s wonderful, dear. I do hope you will eventually be able to perform on a stage other than the one in your backyard ,” She said with a little bit to much implication.

“Baby steps, remember?” I said playfully but also trying to hint at her.

“Of course, well I have to be off right now, I must pick up Sweetie from her crusaders meeting at Scootaloo’s. Don’t forget practice is tomorrow at noon after our lunch meeting, ta-ta.” She said with a wave and then quickly hurried away. Turning around, I saw Big Mac, Toe-Tapper, and Scorch Song still chatting about the performance. Walking over, their words became hushed as they opened up the conversation towards me.

“Nice show today, Fluttershy,” Scorch Song said with a warm smile.

“You had perfect pitch,” Toe-Tapper noted with a grin.

“Yup,” chimed Big Mac, whose face also turned to a smile.

“Thanks everypony, you were all wonderful.” I looked around at their faces and they all wore a grin, rather strange but it was probably just a coincidence. “Well I’ll see you all tomorrow at rehearsal, and you at lunch.” I said looking at Scorch Song. After some farewells were exchanged, I went into my cottage to rest. Opening the door, I was immediately welcomed by all the animals who had watched the show. All chatting, growling, chirping, and barking praise, I giggled at their enthusiasm and encouragement. “Well my friend’s I’m ever so grateful for your compliments but I think it’s about time we all head off to bed.” A few groans and whines rose in detest but when I raised my hoof a silence hushed over them. “Bed time, now,” I stated gently yet sternly. The animals complied and all crawled off toward their designated beds. Seeing everyone in their place, I headed up the stairs to my rightful bed to get some very needed rest after the excitement of the day.