• Published 21st Jun 2016
  • 645 Views, 8 Comments

One In The Same - neonpalette93



Minuette forces her way into the TARDIS and accompanies the Doctor on a trip to Gallopfrey.

  • ...
1
 8
 645

Doctor: A Question Needing An Answer

"Speaking of Minuette, I wonder how she is?" The Doctor wonders aloud.

"I'm sure she's fine." Replies Romana. The guards are fully capable of keeping an eye on her."

"I don't doubt that. I'm just wondering how she's doing. It must be incredibly boring down there. That receptionist is is quite the barrel of laughs."

"Santillick may be bland and condescending, but he's effective."

"I don't care for him."

"You're never here, so your input doesn't matter."

"How right you are." Standing up, he stretches and begins walking towards the door. "I need to stretch my legs. I'll be wandering the halls if you need me."

"Not without me." Romana trots over to catch up with him. "You came here to talk about your month. Besides, someone needs to monitor you."

"Oooh. Are you coming on to me?" The Doctor teases.

"Absolutely not. What ever got you thinking that?"

"Relax Ms. Buzzkill. I'm only joking. So what are you wanting to talk about now?"

"I don't know. I think you've discussed all that you have done this past month."

"Hmm. You're right. I wonder what we can talk abou..."

They are interrupted by the ding of the elevator at the end of the hall. The elevator closes immediately afterwards, but the Doctor manages to make eye contact with its occupant moments before.

"Whaa... Was that? No, It couldn't be."

"What?"

"The pony in that elevator looked suspiciously like Minuette, but it couldn't be her because you said the guards were capable of keeping an eye on her."

Romana's comms device buzzes. On the other line is Santillick, who seems worried.

"We seem to have a problem, Lady Romanadvoratrelundar."

"What is it Santillick?"

"The Equissian mare seems to have... uhh... escaped."

"What? How?"

"It seems that when she was escorted to the lavatory, she hit her guard over the head with a sink." This prompts a chuckle from the Doctor.

"Thank you for reporting this Santillick." Romana ends the call. "And what are you giggling about?"

"Just that you praised the effectiveness of your guards, and one was knocked out cold with a sink to the head."

" Whatever. I need to broadcast a message to the whole tower about your missing friend." The Doctor follows Romana back into her office, and sits back down on the couch.

"Attention all tower personnel. There is an Equissian mare currently somewhere in the tower. She must be captured and brought to my office." As she hangs up, the Doctor suddenly springs up from his seat.

"I have a very important question for you. A question in desperate need of an answer."

"What is it?"

"You once told me that Gallopfrey sent away several Time Lord children, right?"

"Correct."

"Did they happen to send any to Equis?"

"Actually, yes. Two. A male and a female."

"With hourglass cutie marks?"

"When they were sent off, they didn't have cutie marks, but Time Lord children are destined to have time related cutie marks."

"So that's why I have an hourglass, you have a sun dial, and the Master has a pocket watch. And only Time Lords have these marks?"

"From what we've observed, yes. No Equissians have been recorded as having these specific marks. Why are you asking these questions?"

"Minuette has an hourglass cutie mark, identical to mine."

"Oh. But then that means..."

"Minuette is a Time Lord."