• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 1,063 Views, 16 Comments

Two Stallions - Night Princess



The fathers of two important pegasi tell their story.

  • ...
1
 16
 1,063

Chapter One

Lightning Bright brushed the pink hair away from his wife's eyes. Stitch in Time was nine months pregnant and was definitely not feeling her best.

"Did you talk to Olympic Dash?" His wife asked, her expression changing from kind to stern.

"What's to talk about? I'm waiting for an apology."

"For what?" Stitch stood up.

"Cheating. He pushed me to the ground when we raced. He's a dirty cheat and needs to apologize."

"Bright, you crashed into each other. I don't think it was his fault."

"Was, too."

"Please talk to him. I don't want this silly disagreement to ruin your friendship." She hugged him. "You've been friends since you were colts. I don't think I could handle it if you stopped being pals."

"All right, I'll talk to him." Lightning sighed. "But he's stubborn as a mule."

"Which is almost as stubborn as you are."

Lightning spread his wings and was about to leave when he stopped and looked at his wife.

"I really hope it's a colt," he said. "I've always wanted a little stallion."

Lightning leapt up and soared out the front door of his home in Cloudsdale. The wind flew through his soft yellow cost and turquoise mane as he flew through the cloud city and towards Olympic Dash's house.

Olympic lived alone with his wife, Rainbow Mosaic, who was nine months pregnant just like Lightning's wife. The four ponies had been friend's ever since they all met in Junior Speedsters Flight Camp. While Mosaic and Stitch were exchanging recipes and gossiping about celebrities. Olympic and Lightning were always competing against each other, whether it was who had the strongest wings, the fastest legs, or the prettiest girlfriend.

"Jerk," Lightning muttered. Olympic Dash always had the tendency to cheat when he was about to lose. But pushing him to the ground while they were racing was crossing the line. He didn't have tolerance for cheating liars, not today.

###

Olympic Dash and Rainbow Mosaic were eating dinner at their home, a few blocks away from Stitch and Lightning's. Olympic put down his hay bacon sandwich and states off into space. Rainbow raised an eyebrow, fully aware that something was wrong if her husband put down a sandwich if he was in the middle of eating it.

"What's wrong, hun?"

He looked at her and sighed, choosing not to speak about his disagreement with Lightning Bright. "I'm just hoping that it's a colt."

Rainbow Mosaic looked down at her belly. "I think we have a little athlete in their. It seems like he, or she, can't stop moving."

He played with his red and white striped mane. "I can't wait to be a dad. I'm going to show him how to fly and play football and-"

"Or she."

The blue stallion picked up his sandwich, took a bite, and started chewing slowly. He wasn't thinking about the foal, no, the only thing on his mind now was that dirty liar Lightning Bright. Who did he think he was, accusing him of cheating?

As Rainbow Mosaic stood up to get another glass of lemonade, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it, you rest," Olympic said, flying over to the door. He opened it, and standing in front of him was a very irritated Lightning Bright.

"Hi, Lightning! We were just sitting down for lunch. Would you care to join us?" Mosaic called from the table.

He shook his head. "No thanks, I already ate. I was just here to talk to Olympic." Lightning glared at his ex-friend.

"All right, I'll leave you two alone." Mosaic was very familiar with the arguments they would break into when they were alone. She picked up her plate and flew slowly into the living room, closing the door behind herself.

"I want an apology," Lightning said after Mosaic had left.

"For what, exactly?" Olympic replied curtly.

"You cheated yesterday during our race. I just pulled ahead and you slammed into me, sending us both to the ground. I'm sure you remember."

"I remember you not paying attention and crashing into me! I did not cheat. I don't cheat."

"Olympic, I've known you for twenty years. I know what you do when you don't get your way. You just don't play fair."

"And you jump to conclusions! I can't believe you're accusing me of this! You really need to get your facts straight, Bright. That's all you do, make up stories and fake explanations when you have no evidence!"

"All the evidence I need is here! You were angry that I was flying faster, so you hit me! What other proof do you need?"

"I need to know why you think your best friend cheats during some stupid races! They don't matter! I don't even care if I win them!"

"Isn't that all you care about? Not your friend, not your wife, just winning!"

"Don't you dare question my love for Mosaic!" Olympic screamed. "She doesn't point out my faults or judges me like you do! She has been faithful to me for years, while you're switching from my friend to my enemy all the time!"

"I'm not the one cheating and lying! And maybe I'm not pointing out your flaws like you say, maybe I'm trying to help you stop being such a hot-headed jerk!"

"I don't know why you even try! You've already made it obvious that you don't care about me! All you want is to be right!"

"I don't know why I go through do much trouble for you! Why would anypony try to help such an inconsiderate idiot! I hope I'm lucky enough to never see you again in my life!"

"So we finally agree on something!"

Mosaic's head popped into the room. "What the hay are you doing?"

Lightning gave a growl and flew out of the room, knocking over a lamp on his way out.

"What happened?" Mosaic asked.

Olympic didn't say anything. He watch his former friend fly away and gritted his teeth. His thoughts were a jumbled mess, and he couldn't even think straight.