• Published 21st Jun 2012
  • 748 Views, 6 Comments

The Stars Are In Your Favour - Peppermint Cream



When Stardust moves after being forced out of her home, the mare develops feelings for a white pony.

  • ...
 6
 748

Welcome To Ponyville!

"Ponyville, I finally made it!" Stardust was excited about meeting ponies, but she was mostly excited about the fact that she could go gem hunting instead of buying them in the Canterlot Fabric Store where Fashion finds you! Her thought were then interrupted by a bouncing pink pony with a deeper pink mane and tail. The pony gasped and ran away leaving Stardust on her own again.
"Weird," And with that she set off to find her new house.

Stardust finally arrived at a huge house made of Cobblestone with a wooden door.
"Yep, this is the house!" she walked up to the door and pushed the keys in and turn the handle. The large wooden door opened to reveal a beautiful interior, there were traditional wooden beams, a log burning fire and the walls were painted a soft mint green. She entered the magnificent two story house. She had only expected a small cottage but then realised how silly that was seen as her Alicorn mother, Princess Dream Catcher, was rich enough to buy her way into the royal family. However only one of her sisters, Nightsong, were aloud to stay in the Canterlot Palace, she and Thunderheart had been forced to find somewhere else to stay because only Nightsong was capable of taking over her mothers job of chasing away nightmares with her beautiful, soothing voice. Thunderheart had moved away to Cloudsdale at 12 and she hadn't seen her since. She hated thinking about the red, purple-maned pegasus as it pained her to remember her easily angered sister. Stardust left the house and started to learn her way around Ponyville.

Ponyville was a fairly small town so it wasn't long before she had memorised the layout of the town. She stopped in at the Library and took out a few books on dresses through the centuries and met a purple unicorn called Twilight Sparkle with an absolutely charming personality. She enjoyed her visit to Sugarcube Corner and the company of Mr and Mrs.Cake. She saw a place named Carousel Boutique which indeed looked slightly like one of those fairground rides with the elegant, beautifully decorated carriages, Dragons and Manticores. Although she didn't want to enter the other pony's shop in case of rivalry. She found herself at Sweet Apple Acres while exploring the countryside. Applejack was a very friendly mare and do were the rest of her family: Applebloom, Big Macintosh and Granny Smith. Her hooves started to ache so she made her way back to her house opposite Carosel Boutique.

After a long trek through town, Stardust made it to her house, daydreaming of her new bedroom and it's lovely warm bed. All she wanted was some rest for her poor aching hooves. Sluggishly, she advanced towards the door and found it unlocked, the large door opened and inside were at least seventy ponies! She was dragged in by the pink pony from earlier that day who seemed overly excited.
"Hiya! I'm Pinkie Pie the party pony, what's your name?" Stardust had to admit she kinda liked the pony's excitable personality.
"Hey, I'm Stardust the Earth Pony daughter of Alicorns Princess Dream Catcher and Slash the Wonderbolt." that put a look of surprise on Pinkie's face.
"I thought Catcher only had one daughter which was a Unicorn?" She wondered why Pinkie had called her mother 'Catcher' but that could wait 'til later.
"Oh Nightsong is my sister, how come nopony knows that my mother had a foal of each race?" thoughts rushed through her head as she tried to piece it together which just resulted in a headache.
"Maybe they wanted to hide you and you sister or brother like one big game of hide and seek!"
"Sister, her name is Thunderheart, she's a Pegasus." she didn't want to believe that her mother had been hiding her and Thunderheart away, her mother would never do anything like that.
"Come and enjoy the party properly now!" So she entered the crowd of loud ponies, dancing and chatting.

Stardust now had a headache and walked over to the refreshments which included sarsaparilla, Sweet Apple Acres cider, champagne and various other drinks. It was then that a white mare with a gorgeously styled hair started walking up to her.
"Oh my, darling you must come over to Carousel Boutique sometime so I can give you a makeover, you simply can't go around with your mane like that!"
"May I ask who you are?" So this was the owner of Carousel Boutique, she thought. She seemed like a very generous pony.
"Forgive me darling, I just saw you and had to help you with your fashion dilemma, my name is Rarity and I own Carousel Boutique." Rarity spoke with pride when she spoke about her shop.
"My name is Stardust-" She was cut off mid sentance.
"Daughter of Alicorns?" Rarity finished her sentance which shocked her.
"How did you know? Pinkie didn't," Now she was confused.
"Everypony knows you, your Pegasus sister Thunderheart and Princess Nightsong the Unicorn, Pinkie however, isn't too bright." That put her mind to rest, her mother hadn't tried to hide her and it had just been the pink earth pony's mistake.
"Well that's a relief, I thought nopony knew about my mother having three kids." Stardust's head was pounding. It was about 1:00 AM now and she desperately needed her sleep, hadn't any of these ponies heard about beauty sleep? she thought to herself. She bid goodbye the Rarity and walked away to find Pinkie Pie.

About 7 minutes later, Stardust found Pinkie chatting to Lyra and Bon Bon.
"Miss.Pie, I think its time to finish up the party now."
"Awww but it only just began a-" Stardust didn't want to listen she just wanted sleep.
"Miss.Pie, I do need my beauty sleep."
"Okay Star, PARTY'S OVER EVERYPONY!" Sighs, boos and awws were heard from all the ponies gathered in her home.
"Thank you Miss.Pie, it was a lovely party and it was nice meeting everypony."
"I liked the party too!" She didn't know how Pinkie could have so much energy, it was unbelievable!
"Maybe we can hang out sometime?" Stardust had to admit that she quite liked the pony and wouldn't mind spending some more time with her.
"Okie dokie lokie!" and with that, Pinkie trotted out of the cobblestone mansion off into the early morning, leaving Stardust's house empty. she slowly dragged herself upstairs to her cosy bed and promised herself that she would get more sleep tomorrow.