• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 997 Views, 21 Comments

Treason - Trevosta

  • ...
2
 21
 997

The Night Before

The day before the attack went by all to quick. Preparations were made hurriedly, luckily without any of the group being caught. Everyone was still sore from the four days of hard flying and brutal training, so they took turns massaging and being massaged, under the inspection of Blue Angel.

By late evening, they were all rather rested up and relaxed. Just after supper they went to bed, under the same watch shifts as before, but they started earlier, so they could end earlier.

Rainbow couldn't sleep after her watch. She just kept staring at the stars, thinking about the next day, thinking about the upcoming battle.

She couldn't help but wonder what would happen if she died. What would happen if any of the others died. What would happen if she lost her brother again.

"Gilda?" she asked, hoping her griffon friend was still awake.

"Yeah Dash?" Rainbow let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm scared."

"Me too."

"What if I die? I don't want to die."

"Believe me Dash, there are two guys in this group who would fight this entire battle by themselves if you got hurt. Also, I will not let you die, I need someone to watch my back."

Rainbow let out a small chuckle at her friend's joking. "Thanks G. I needed that."

A few moments of silence passed, hearing only the bats screeching then Rainbow decided to mess with Gilda. "So, Hawk..."

"Shut up, dweeb." Rainbow could hear the griffoness shuffle in her cloud bed, drawing a smile from the mare.

"Oh come on, he thought you were hot." More shuffling. "And he is available by the sound of it. I saw the way you were looking at him, if both of you survive tomorrow you two should totally go out."

"You really think he likes me?" Rainbow had never heard Gilda so... Unsure.

"Of course, didn't you see how he tried to act all tough when my brother untied him? And the little loop before diving below the clouds? He was showing off, and trying to make himself seem good enough for you." she said, reassuring her old friend. "I only know because I have done that before."

"Thanks, Rainbow, I needed that." Gilda said softly, before they softly drifted into sleep for two more hours.