• Published 6th Mar 2016
  • 584 Views, 4 Comments

The Tale of Coltypt - Rakoon1



This is the story about the ancient kingdom of Coltypt, explaining why it doesn't exist anymore in the Pony World.

  • ...
2
 4
 584

The Beginning of a New Era

And so, with Khonsu’s abdication in favour of Amun, the son of Nefertem, the rightful heir to the throne of Coltypt, the latter became the new Pharaoh. After having giving the throne and having lost his beloved son to the tenth plague of the Lord of order, Khonsu, along with his wife, left Coltypt for a self-exile, for Amun’s great friendship, who saw a friendship of a lifetime disappearing before his eyes.

Most of the ponies of Coltypt were immensely happy with the appointment of the new pharaoh, mainly the ponies of the low class, because they would have a better life, without slavery. But of course there were those who were unhappy with the change of regime, they were those who belonged to the upper class because they had accommodated to the privileges assigned to them during Seti and Khonsu’s reign, but there was nothing they could do to change the situation, or those who have lost their children in the tenth plague.

Sitting on the throne, Amun was officially crowned and nominated Pharaoh. Everypony in the throne room (which included Hathor, Montu, Isis, Seth, Bes and Apis), bowed before him and exclaimed:

"All hail Pharaoh Amun!"

Amun then get up of the throne and approached his wife. He extended his hoof to her and she accepted. Amun took her to the edge of the throne and said:

"Hathor, when I fell in love with you and we married, I never thought I would come back to Coltypt to become what I should have been. But now that I am that, it's time to bring the mare I love to my side. I want you to rule Coltypt with me as my queen and the great love of my life."

Those beautiful words from Amun made a smile appear on Hathor’s face as they also made tears appear in her eyes. The speech also delighted those who heard it. Then a servant came, carrying a pillow where there was a beautiful queen crown. Amun picked it up and, using his magic, said:

"And so I coronate you Queen of Coltypt."

And Amun put the Crown on Hathor’s head and the crowd applauded them. After this, the new rulers of Coltypt headed to the balcony to be claimed by their subjects. As soon as they appeared, the ponies began to applaud and acclaim. But Amun knew there was who wasn't too pleased with the fact that he was now Pharaoh, but he knew how he could mitigate things.

"Thank you, my people, for coming to acclaim me and my wife. But there are a few words that I would like to tell you. First, I would like to thank those who supported me and who followed me, even in the face of a powerful opponent like my cousin. Second, I wanted to give my sorrow to the families that suffered from the plagues, especially those who have lost their children in the last one. I want you to know that I didn't want any of that to happen. However, the will of the Lord of Order would be fulfilled, whether it was through me or not. But to prove that what I say is true, I'm going to do this."

He invoked his staff, showing it to the crowd. When they saw it, some ponies were afraid, however, what Amun was going to do with the staff was not something scary. Using his magic, Amun broke the staff in five pieces and then he said:

"This staff is too powerful to be in the hooves of somepony wearing a crown. In addition to that, its purpose has been fulfilled. In order to ensure that my staff do not fall in the wrong hooves, I will hide each of the pieces so that they never again can be gathered and used for nefarious purposes. I hope that, with this, I can conquer some of your confidence."

The ponies stayed silent, having been quite surprised by the attitude of their pharaoh of breaking the staff. Amun then continued:

"Finally, I just want to say that I hope to be a good ruler and that I can rule Coltypt so it can have a glorious and bright future."

With these last words, the ponies responded with a huge ovation. Even those who weren’t previously supported began to acclaim Amun, albeit lighter. After this, Amun and Hathor returned inside, going to their friends.

"It seems that now you have a lot of fans, buddy" Montu said.

"I still can't believe Coltypt is back to what it was before" Isis said. "It's like a dream."

"If it is, then we are having the same dream, my dear" Bes said.

"Even though my faith was not as strong as some, I have to admit that it's good to be finally free" Apis said.

"What will be your first decree, Your Highness?" Seth asked to Amun.

"For starters, address to me as you always did" he said. "We're my friends, after all. And my first decree, in addition to abolishing the slave labor, is to create a council to help me rule Coltypt. It's time to share power that once was absolute."

Everyone seemed surprised by that decree.

"Are you sure?" Hathor asked.

"Yes, I'll continue to be the only one to have the last word, but I wish to have all the help I can get," Amun said. "So, I'd like to ask you three, Seth, Isis and Bes, if you want to help me."

The three couldn't believe what they heard.

"Do you want us to be part of the council?" Isis asked.

"Of course" Amun said. "Isis, your kindness and courage are what makes you fit for the task. Bes, your optimism and joy are essential to maintaining the moral, also your experience will be quite important. And Seth, your calm and nerves of steel will allow us to get out of future complications. Of course, the choice is yours, but I'd be honored if you consider."

The three exchanged a look and then Bes said, in her cheerful tone:

"But of course, my boy, you can count on me."

"And me, too" Isis said, with a smile. "I will do my best to not disappoint you."

"I also accepted the invitation" Seth said. "Although I do not deserve it, after all my scepticism regarding our freedom."

"If I had gone for what you and others passaed through, Seth, I would also question the opportunity of having a better life” Amun said.

He then turned to Apis and said:

"Apis, I've heard that before you came to Coltypt, you were a strong warrior in your old land."

"That is in the past" he said. "After having spent many years as a slave, I don't know if I am worthy of being considered a warrior."

"Of course you are" Amun said. "The years have not change the knowledge or the experience. That's why I want you to be my general and to train my soldiers."

The minotaur was amazed with the invitation. He said:

"I don't know what to say ..."

"Just say you accept" Amun said. "Believe me, there is no pony... or rather, a minotaur who is up to the task as much as you."

There was a pause and then Apis said:

"I accept with all the honor, Pharaoh."

Amun gave him a nod and then turned to Monthu and said.

"Monthu, you've been a great friend when I lived in Berberia and, as I know you and I know you don't like sitting around talking about boring things, I want you to be my first-counselor."

"And to think that not too long ago you were just a shepherd" Montu said. "Now, you're a pharaoh and you're asking me to be your first-counselor."

"So, do you accept?" Amun asked.

"Of course" Monthu said. "It would be an honor."

"Great" Amun said. "Looks like I got help for this important task I now have in my hooves."

"And you can believe that all of us will go to help in any way we can" Hathor said.

"I know you will" Amun said.

And the couple exchanged a kiss.

"Well, that's romantic" a voice said.

They turned and saw the Lord of Order sitting on Amun’s throne.

"Can I talk now?" he asked.

"Lord of Order" Amun said, rushing to make a bow. "What an honor."

Listening Amun saying that, his friends also knelt before the one that controlled the whole Creation. After they got up, Amun asked:

"But what brings you here?"

"I came to celebrate, of course" the Lord of Order answered, rising up. "After all, Coltypt came back to me."

"In spite of the damage" Amun said.

"A kingdom can be reconstructed" the Lord of Order replied. "Which reminds me that I didn’t bring a gift for the new Pharaoh and his Queen."

"You don’t have to, my lord" Amun said, humbly.

"But I insist" he said. "And I even know what I'm going to give you. Since we're at the beginning of a new era for Coltypt, I believe that it is appropriate to create a new image for the kingdom."

And, having said this, he raised his spear and then slammed it down hard. An intense white light appeared and overshadowed everything and everypony in the entire Kingdom. When it disappeared, they saw that the environment had changed. In the throne room, there was no longer the large windows, and now the room was closed and the back of the throne had now the seal of Coltypt.

"But what just happened" Montu asked.

"This is my gift" the Lord of Order. "A total remodeling of the palace ... and not only that. Watch."

And the Lord of Order made the image of the palace seen from the outside appear. Everypony were amazed when they saw that the pyramid was now made of gold. The citadel had also been modified. The buildings have been restored and transformed to be more sublime. Delimiting the kingdom by half, there was a canal, where the pure water of the great river flowed, stopping only at the palace. Also there were pyramids (smaller than the palace and not made of gold) whose top floated. The plants also grow smoothly for the citadel, which made it even more beautiful than it already was.

"By my beak and feathers!" Monthu exclaimed.

"It's beautiful!" Isis said.

"Wow, I'm speechless!" Bes exclaimed.

Even Apis and Seth were dazzled by such beauty, but, due to their personalities, they didn't say anything.

"Thank you, my lord" Amun thanked to the Lord of Order, bowing his head to him. "It was a wonderful gift."

"It’s true" Hathor said. "Coltypt is even more beautiful than before."

"I'm just making my Creation even prettier than it already was" the Lord of Order said. "And I have more gifts."

"More?" Amun asked.

The Lord of Order made a hand gesture and, over the heads of Amun, Hathor, Montu, Isis, Seth, Apis and Bes appeared the closed flowers that contained their star seeds. They opened and revealed their respective star seeds. With a new gesture, the Lord of Order made these star seeds shine even more intensely, and, in the case of Amun’s, it won the color of his magical aura, and, after that, they returned to their respective flowers which disappeared.

"But what is this?" Isis asked. "I feel weird."

"I feel my body was filled with energy" Seth said.

"I turned your respective lights eternal" the Lord of Order said. "Now, you have a longevity equal to that of my Generals’, namely, forever."

"That means ... that we are immortal?" Apis asked.

"Not necessarily" the Lord of Order said. "Unlike my generals, you still can die. Of course the light of Amun’s star seed adopted a new color to symbolize his connection to his Kingdom."

"I... I'm not sure I'm worthy of such tribute" Amun said.

"None of us know" Hathor said, while the others nodded, agreeing.

"Of course we are worthy" the Lord of Order answered. "You are now a team. It’s your responsibility to take care of this kingdom. And I want you to do it for as long as possible. Anyway, for now, this is the only inhabited paradise in the Pony World. And you get to know that your lights will be transmitted to your offspring so they can follow your hoofsteps, or hoofsteps, when your job is done."

"And when will that be?" Amun asked.

"You will know" the Lord of Order replied. "I mean, I will know and I will tell you."

There was a pause and then the Lord of Order commented:

"If my accounts are correct, your little council consists of four members."

"Yes, my lord" Amum said. "Do you have any objection to my choices?"

"Not at all" the Lord of Order replied. "I just think it only needs one more member. And, if you don't mind, I'd like to choose, or better, to create this fifth member."

He snapped his fingers and a piece of stone of the size of a pony appeared. With a gesture, the Lord of Order sculptured the stone until it had the form of a unicorn mare. Then, in his hand, it appeared a star seed that had an intense white light, just like the others had (except Amun’s, of course).

Everypony was anxious, while they watched the Lord of Order creating a life personally. He released the star seed towards the statue and, when it deployed on top of the head, a star seed flower appeared and opened, making the star seed putting itself in it. Once it was positioned, the flower closed and disappeared. Suddenly, the statue became a real mare.

She had a moderate orange coat with a feather over a scale as Cutie Mark, moderate raspberry and moderate red mane and cornflower bluish gray eyes. She, so she got life, knelt before the Lord of Order, saying:

"I'm here to serve you, my master."

"Your name is Maat and you will be the Supreme Judge of Coltypt and one of the members of the Coltypt Council. Besides me, the only pony to be above you will be the Pharaoh of Coltypt."

Recognizing Amun as Pharaoh, Maat made him a bow and said:

"I'm at your service, Pharaoh."

"Thank you very much, Maat" Amun said. "Let me introduce you to the other members of the council besides me: Isis, Bes and Seth."

Maat bowed respectfully her head to them, who returned the gesture.

"This is my wife, Hathor, and this is my first-adviser, Montu" Amun introduced.

Maat also saluted them in a respectful way.

"Maat, despite having her own personality, was programmed by me to make neutral and fair decisions, which makes her a perfect judge and a perfect replacement for the case of the Pharaoh not be able to rule the kingdom" the Lord of Order explained. "That way, we ensure that the power does not fall into the possession of another follower of my brother."

"I understand, Lord of Order" Amun said. "You don't want to lose Coltypt once again to the Lord of Chaos."

"Coltypt is my main source of light in the Pony World, not counting with the original star seed" the Lord of Order said. "So we have to protect Coltypt at all costs. Which reminds me that, now that I've taken care of the management, it's time to take care of defense."

He snapped his fingers and, after a small explosion of light, seven golden bracelets with three blue round stones on the front appeared. After this, the Lord of Order turned to Apis and told him:

"Apis, take one of the bracelets and put it on."

So Apis did what the Lord of Order told him to do. He took one of the bracelets and put it on.

"Now, say: Power of Coltypt" the Lord of Order said.

"Power of Coltypt!" Apis exclaimed.

The stones of the bracelet sparkled with a white light and Apis’ whole body turned golden. All were surprised by what happened.

"This... This is amazing!" Apis exclaimed. "I feel a lot of energy inside of me."

"These bracelets are loaded with the power of light" the Lord of Order explained. "Like the staff, they have part of my power, but in its purest form. Those who use them, will have this golden power at their disposal, and, at the same time, they earn the same longevity as you. Apis, being the general of the Pharaoh, it is your duty to deliver these bracelets for those who are worthy of their power."

And then an ark appeared and the bracelets were placed inside. The ark was later delivered to Apis who got it. He then said to the Lord of Order, bowing respectfully his head:

"I will do my best, my lord."

"And to ensure that my brother didn't try to conquer Coltypt by force, I will create a warrior who will be the champion of the Pharaoh" the Lord of Order said.

He extended his hand and, after an explosion of light, appeared what seemed to be a pony in a suit of armor. It seemed to be an earth pony completely covered by a Golden Armor, with a mask and headdress of golden metal. Throughout his armor, mainly in the chest, there were golden spheres and, in the middle of the chest, there was a symbol that looked like a three-pointed star. In one of the forelegs there was a bracelet just like the others the Lord of Order delivered to Apis, but this one looked diferente, having four spheres instead of three, with the one that was in the front bigger than the others.

"This is Shu” the Lord of Order said. "A being created from what some locals of an outside world call technology."

"Technology?" Amun asked.

"I used the same type of technology to recreate Coltypt" the Lord of Order explained. "I also had the initiative to update your library with all information about it. But Shu is different from any kind of technology. He is an automaton being and, despite not being actually alive, he has a vast artificial intelligence and is programmed to serve the Pharaoh. Watch."

He snapped his fingers and the gaps in Shu’s armore, as well as his eyes, shone with a golden light and he got up, much to the amazement of everypony. He then advanced towards Amun and then made him a bow, saying:

"I'm at your service, my Pharaoh."

"Thank you, Shu" a little disconcerted Amun thanked. "You can get up."

Shu did so.

"I hope with all this, Amun, you’ll be able to continue your father’s legacy" the Lord of Order said. "That you have a prosperous reign and that you become worthy of your title and your father's son."

And, having said that, the Lord of Order disappeared.

"I also hope so" Amun said, talking just to himself.

Author's Note:

This concludes the first part of The Tale of Coltypt. I hope you enjoyed it and that you're ready for the second part.