• Published 24th Feb 2016
  • 1,007 Views, 8 Comments

New World, New Mystery - Shadow Hero



When the heros of SMD fail to defeat the Dark Matter, Arceus makes the last-second decision to send his Pokémon to a new world, where they'll hopefully be safe. Draining the Tree of Life of the last of its power, he sent them off.

  • ...
5
 8
 1,007

Chapter 5- Team A.C.T

"And here it is." Swirlix said as they stopped in front of the café.

"I know this place. This is the Star Light Bar." Abyss said, pointing at the sign.

"I can't read that. So I'll take your word for it." Hunter said as he walked into the café.

They walk in to see that all around, there are Pokémon and ponies talking. "What can I get you?" Spinda said from right behind the counter.

"Are you ok to work?" Abyss said, looking at how Spinda can't stand still.

"All Spinda's are like that, don't worry. They also make amazing drinks here. Here, can you make a drink out of this?" Hunter said as he handed a Occa berry to Spinda.

"Add the Occa berry?" Spinda yelled to the back.

"That's right!" a female Wobbuffet yelled from the other side of the room.

"You shake it this way.... You shake it that way.... And you stir it all around..." Spinda said as he shook a bottle around. "And done." He said as he poured the drink in a glass.

"Thank you. Mmm, just how I remember it." Hunter said as he took a sip.

"So what can I get you?" Spinda said as he turned to face Abyss.

"Just water would be fine." Abyss said.

"Ok then, coming up." Spinda said as he poured some water into a glass.

"By the way, do you know how TMs work?" Star asked from atop of Hunter's head.

"No, not really... Maybe you should ask them." Spinda said, pointing at a table where three Pokémon, Charizard, Alakazam, and Tyranitar, were seated.

"Wait a minute... Is that how I think that is? ...It is." Hunter said in awe as he got up.

"Wait, who are they?" Abyss asked as he followed.

"Team A.C.T. They're a retired rescue team. Hey!" Hunter said as he walked up to them.

"What can we help you with?" Alakazam said in a soothing tone.

"I was wondering how do you use a TM?" Hunter asked as he took the TM out of his bag.

"Really? You don't know how?" Charizard interrupted with a laugh.

"It's simple, just put it on your head and let the infomation flow in." Alakazam said, giving a dirty look at Charizard.

"That seems easy. Here, put this up to your head." Hunter said as he threw the TM at Abyss.

"I don't think that would work. We're from two separate worlds." Alakazam said.

"But Abyss here used Moon Blast earlier in a dungeon." Star said as she landed on the table.

"Really? Something I don't believe. If Ali here says it's impossible, then it is." Tyranitar said as he slammed down his mug.

"I never said it's impossible... In a dungeon you say? Show me then." Alakazam said as he stood up.

"You want me, to hit you with that move?" Abyss asked.

"Precisely."

"Ok then." Abyss said as he started to take some deep breaths. "Take this." he said as he shot a gold colored blast out of his horn.

"That doesn't look like Moon Blast to me." Tyranitar said.

"Try again." Alakazam instructed.

"Ok." Abyss shot another gold bolt.

"Okay, I've seen enough." Alakazam said as he walked back to his seat.

"That's strange, you did it before. Even that Wurmple saw you do it." Hunter said.

"The dungeons are mysterious like that. Strange energy flows through them. What is your special talent?" Alakazam said, looking at Abyss.

"It's combat magic. Why?" Abyss said.

"I see... When did you use it?"

"It was when I kept trying to hit Spearow. I think I got angry and then I shot that move at him. It took a lot out of me, to be honest."

"Hmm.... So as a last resort, you gathered the energy of the dungeon and used Moon Blast. Interesting..." Alakazam said, stroking his chin.

"So it was the dungeon that helped him use Moon Blast?" Star asked.

"I'm not 100% sure, but it seems that way."

"So then Abyss can't learn TMs?" Hunter asked, getting a nod from Alakazam. "Well, more money then." He said as he put the TM back in his bag.

"Well, I think it's time for us to head out and see if there's any jobs to be done." Alakazam said as he got up.

"Wait, you're out of retirement?" Hunter asked.

"We just need a break from it all. Come on, let's go." Charizard said.

"Let me finish this drink. I never tasted anything like it." Tyranitar said as he gulped down the last of his drink. "Ahh... Let's go."

Abyss picked up the mug and sniffed it. "What? You guys don't have hard apple cider?"

"We do, but it doesn't taste as amazing as this." Tyranitar said with a smile.

"If you want it fresh, then why don't you head over to Ponyville?" a black stallion with silver mane and an eye patch said as he walked up.

"Oh, hi Gusty, how's it been?" Abyss asked, turning to the stallion.

"Not bad. The bar is doing amazingly well ever since these Pokémon came around. And with the help I'm getting, I get to adventure more." Gusty said.

"That's nice... Oh these are my teammates, Hunter and Star." Abyss introduced.

"It's nice to meet you two. If you need anything, come see me, I can get it cheap." Gusty said, shaking Hunter's paw.

"Hey! What's the hold up? Let's go." a Gengar said as it fazed up through the floor.

"I'm coming Genji, just saying hi to a friend." Gusty said as Genji walked up.

"Wait, where did I hear that name before?" Hunter asked, rubbing his chin.

"You don't remember me...? I was that Pokémon that saved you from falling when you were a little Shinx." Genji said, staring at Hunter.

"Alright. Thanks for that. What have you been up to?" Hunter asked.

"Eh, nothing much."

"Nothing much. Ha! You're funny." Tyranitar said as he started to laugh.

"Look, it's none of anyone's business to know that I was cursed." Genji said as he poked Tyranitar in the chest.

"Alright. I better get going before Charizard comes looking for me." Tyranitar said as he walked away.

"Are you ready now?" Genji asked.

"Yeah, see you guys around." Gusty said as he walked away with Genji.

"Well... that was interesting." Star said, still perched on the table.

Author's Note:

Any comment good or bad is appreciated.