• Published 4th Feb 2016
  • 534 Views, 4 Comments

Come Fly With Me - MistySparks



Scootaloo is taught to fly by an expert on the subject, and also her new big sister. Rainbow Dash falls in love with an egghead.

  • ...
6
 4
 534

Prologue

Three Years Ago

"Scootaloo! Get over here!"

Heat Wave's voice echoed through the small house as she called for the filly in question. This had become a frequent event in the household. Heat Wave would come home, stumble through the front door, and yell at the other two ponies that he called family. Generally he was either incredibly drunk, frustrated with work, or just otherwise agitated. Low Pressure, his wife, would often stay in the kitchen and pretend to cook dinner and ignore him completely.

Scootaloo was their only child, a small filly with the energy of an entire classroom. Despite the fact that she was born with a wing deformity and couldn't fly, she was outgoing, energetic, and adventurous. Unfortunately, she was also an accident. Heat Wave and Low Pressure never meant to have a child, but they were young and in love, and thus, Scootaloo was born. This didn't really help with the abuse, however, as Heat Wave felt like life was punishing him for his poor decisions through Scootaloo. As soon as she heard that familiar drunken yelling, Scootaloo would immediately run upstairs to her room and close the door behind her, knowing that somehow, her father would find a reason to be angry with her, and come to discipline her shortly if she didn't hide herself well enough.

"Scootaloo, I swear, if you keep making a mess of this house, I will slap you into next week!"

His voice booming like thunder, Heat Wave began to make his way up the stairs. Scootaloo cowered in the corner behind her bed, sitting on her haunches and hugging her knees to her chest.

"Don't make me come in there!"

The small filly could hear his steps now, hooves thumping up the stairs and down the hall. Low Pressure could be faintly heard sobbing in the kitchen, pleading for her husband to leave Scootaloo alone, but he wasn't having any of it.

"You wanna play this the hard way, huh? Fine!"

Scootaloo's bruises began to sting. She prayed to Celestia that she wouldn't be receiving any new ones today. Tears of worry and desperation welled up in her eyes, and began rolling down her face. It wouldn't be long now before Heat Wave was in her room.

The door to Scootaloo's room swung open fast, smacking against the wall with a loud bang. Scootaloo was backed up against the corner of the room on the floor, trembling and crying in fear. Heat Wave immediately made his way over to her, picking her up by the scruff of her neck.

"D-Dad, please, no, I'm sorr-"

Thwack!

Heat Wave's hoof bashed against Scootaloo's shoulder, causing the filly to cry out in pain.

"You think you can just make a mess of my house?" he yelled into her face.

Thwack! Another hit.

"You think you can just... do whatever the hell you want?"

Thwack!

"You march yourself downstairs right now, clean all that crap up, and get out of my sight! And if I have to come up here again, that scooter of yours is going straight to the dump, you understand?"

Thwack!

With a final hit, Heat Wave dropped Scootaloo on the ground and stomped back downstairs. Scootaloo was absolutely paralyzed with fear, her heart and resolve shattered into pieces. She didn't even bother going downstairs, because she knew that by the time she got down there, her father would be passed out on the living room couch asleep. Instead, she simply curled up into a ball in the corner of her room, shivering and crying until she cried herself to sleep.