• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 1,566 Views, 21 Comments

Equis Saga: Adventures and New Life in Equestria - JeromyTG2



Jyro, a normal 19 year old human, who woke up one day with blurry memories, and found himself in a unknown forest full of strange creatures, danger, and... familiar talking ponies?

  • ...
14
 21
 1,566

Chapter 11: Ponyville Attacked! (Part 1): Crowd Control

Author's Note:

Finals are coming and I may need some time for the next one, plus it's a two part! That's a first! So not only that, I may need some help picking out music themes that are fitting for future chapters, 'cause I'm short of knowing some of them.

Anyway, enjoy!

And sorry for the wait!

There I see it, three pillars of smoke, rising over the small hills, something has happened in, Ponyville. Silver Shade, also has a worried expression on her face as well, we both wondered what caused this and why. I felt the train starting to slow down knowing that we are near the station, as it came to view, a large number of ponies are there, seemingly waiting for the train. As it came to a halt, I grabbed my belongings, Silver Shade behind me, and prepare for a stampede that wants to get in the train. As the doors open, the ponies who are about to board stopped, only staring at me. As I stepped out and Silver at my side I looked at all of them, few number of them with bags, and others with little fillys and colts.

“What Happened?” I asked. Then all ponies began their explanation, but all I hear is rambling, too many for me to hear just one pony talk. I tried to quiet them down but not loud enough for them to stop.

SILENCE” Silver Shade shouted in a loud booming voice who startled me and made the volume. If I'm correct, it must have been a spell that she used, “You there! Tell me what is going on!” she pointed at a mare pony.

“The Timberwolves! They attacked us! They barged into our homes and destroying everything!” she said in horror.

“Are there any chance for survivors?” Silver asked.

“There are still a few more stuck in town,” said the other pony who had his hoof up, “but they are completely surrounded by them! But, there are several mares that stayed to help.” (Several?)

I looked around the crowd, trying to spot at least one of the familiar mares I've met a few days ago. But no, I don't see them. They couldn't have, could they? From what I already heard about them, they pretty much do.

“Are there any chance that they are all friends with the one that owns a library?” I asked.

“... Yes. Why?” he replied. (No way they will do this without my help!)

“That's all I need to hear. Someone give me a bat or something, I'll teach those wolves how to heel!” I said walking through the crowd of ponies as they start murmuring of what I just say.

“Jyro, wait!” shouted Silver now following me with concern, “Where are you going? You can't go there by yourself! We should wait for the Rescue Team or the Wonderbolts to arrive, just to deal with them!”

“There's no time. There are still ponies trapped there and those wolves are rounding them up into a corner. And I'm going to help them get out.” I said still walking and almost out of the crowd.

“But, Jyro! They are Timberwolves, more vicious than any regular wolf, they will rip you into shreds! It's too dangerous!” she pleaded.

“I'm aware of that, and I know they break easily. And I'm fully aware of what I'm up against.” just she was about to protest, someone shouted.

“Wait mister!” It was a little gray-blue colt with a cap on his head, who came running down with a bat in his mouth, and placed it on the ground in front of me, “Here. It's a special bat I got for my birthday, they say the wood is so strong, you can hit more than one-hundred fastballs!” I chuckled and looked at the colt.

“Look kid, thank you, but I don't want to end up destroying your birthday present.”

“It's okay. I really want those mean wolves gone. So please, mister! Take it!” I looked at the the bat, then back to the colt.

“Are you sure?” I arch a brow and he nodded. As I took the bat, it's very light for my strength to make up, and the length is long enough for me to use. I don't who gave it to this colt, but it seems too long for him to handle, “... Thanks kid. I can't promise that I'll bring this back in one piece. If so, I'll get you a new one.”

“Thank you, Mister!” he smiled.

“Alright, I'm off.” I then turned to Silver, “If the rescue team arrives, have them to set up a perimeter far outside of town for survivors.”

“W-wait!” Silver called.

“Now. Time to go and knock out some wood.”

(Okay, maybe not the best pun, but whatever!)

I then turned and head to town into a sprint. I nearly lost balance, but I manage keep myself running, and after a few yards, I see the town not all in flames, but only three buildings that are on fire. Now is the time to put my strength and courage to the test, and show those wolves who's territory this is. (For now…)


*Silver Shade POV*

Watching him running into town, invaded by savage beasts is the most ridiculous and insane thing to do. (Especially that that bad comment...) But, I am beginning to see his plan, there are still some ponies being trapped in town having those wolves running amok and maybe attacking ponies on sight. ‘I couldn't just sit idly by and let something happen’, those are his words, knowing to do the right thing, recklessly jumping in, ant putting his life on the line to save them.

“He's so cool!” said the colt, startling me from my thoughts.

“Um… Yes. Well now, where are your parents? Should you be with them right now?” I asked the colt.

“Yes, mam’. My mom is over there waiting.” he pointed as the mare waved.

“Well, run along back then. It's not safe to go any further.” the colt nodded and runs back into his mother's embrace.

Now focusing the task at hoof, I must choose the location where the rescue team can rendezvous, not too close to town and where the remaining survivors can be treated. I am surprised how Jyro managed to plan ahead for important use of necessity. For a being that only set foot on this land for one week, he knows what he is doing, he must have experience. I hope the rescue team arrives sooner, before he saved at least one pony.


*Jyro POV*

The town is nearly barren, only because there are still ponies here, maybe stuck or got cornered. Some ponies manage to get out before I arrived as I passed them along the way, and telling them that help will come and meet up at the hills. As I arrive in town, the question is: Where are they and where to find them? I won't know until-

*AHHHH!!!!*

I heard a scream, coming from one direction, I quickly rushed to where the it came from and while maintaining my run speed. Coming to a halt half way, I hear snarling and growling nearby. I see one, looking at bush, followed by a faint whimper coming from it. Supposedly, that came from a pony, but even so, it's time to deal with this guy. Scared and stupid, only one thing came to my mind just to save that pony.

“HEY SAP FACE!” I shouted and started sprinting, high speed, toward the wolf. Just as it caught sight of me and before it could ever move, I skid across the dirt readied the bat and… “Remember me!?”

*KREEEENG!!! SHATTER!!!!*

One powerful swing is enough to obliterate the wooden wolf and all of its pieces are scattered. Even so, that wolf looked a bit smaller than the last time I fought them, luckily it was just one. Surprisingly, the bat I used is still in one piece. I went over to the bush where that one pony was hiding and make sure she's alright. I couldn't see her through it, but I asked anyway. (By the way, did anyone hear that one loud and... familiar sound?)

“Hey. That Timberwolf is gone. Are you okay?” I said softly.

Um……. y-y-yes.” still whimpering, she's too quiet for me to hear.

“I… I can't hear you. Can you please speak up?”

I-I am f-f-fine…” now with a little more volume, I recognized her voice instantly. That's...

“… Fluttershy?”


…. no response.


“It's me, Jyro!” then suddenly, her head poked out of the bush, just seeing this is too cute, and I resist the urge to chuckle.

“J-J-Jyro? Is that you?” she said now at, what it seems to be, her normal volume, and she jumped out of the bush, “W-what are you doing here?”

“I'm here to help the town, and see if anyone is still out there. Where are your friends?”

“They are still around town, I don't know where, but they are trying to gather as much ponies to evacuate. I t-tried to help one group, but… but...” her eyes start to water, “t-they took them. *sniff* T-t-they surrounded us and t-t-took them. I-I-I tried to hide...” she stopped as she began to sob. I sat down then pulled her in for an embrace to calm her down.

“Shhh… it's not your fault, Fluttershy.” I said softly and start petting her mane just to calm her down. I second thought of why I did that, but it seems to be working now that her sobbing went down, “I know it must be hard for someone like you, to do things that are too much for you to handle. But, being here and trying to get ponies to safety is good enough to show some courage. I know we barely met, but I am proud of what you tried to do. And,... I promise I will find the ponies you've lost, and hope they're still okay.”

She looked up at me with tears on her face, “*sniff* R-really?” (MY GOD! If anyone happens to see this pony’s face, they will break down and hold onto her for dear life!)

“Really really…” I then gave her a smile as she smiled back, “Now, there will be a perimeter just at the outskirts not too far from Ponyville. There you will find help and be safe.” I said as I let go and she's back on her hooves.

“W-what are going to do?” she asked, still quivering a little.

“I'm going to find the rest. And, maybe find the group you've lost.” she was about to say, but I continued, “Don't worry about me, I'll be alright. Now go! The rescue team should be there by now.” I turned and ran deep into town.


*Fluttershy POV*

I stood still, see him run into town to save others, and worried that he might get hurt, but he does so anyway. Is this how he saved Twilight from those mean Timberwolves? I never would have guessed somepony so strong and so brave. Even so, shattered remains of the Timberwolf spreading all over is really painful to see. He really would do anything to keep us safe, even though I couldn't save one group out of the town. I was upset of myself for not being brave enough, but, Jyro seems to understand. I couldn't handle so much dangerous acts, even though I did so a few times, but not alone. Alone, surrounded by Timberwolves. But, what Jyro said, is that I gave my best effort to do something brave. I may be scared, but I have put a lot of effort to it.

*RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE*

“EEP!”

The remains of the Timberwolf are slowly reassembling themselves, I better hurry to where Jyro told me to get help. We are all so lucky to have him around, and we owe him so much.

(Please, Jyro. Save them.)

Just thinking about him, I have never been held around his... ‘arms’ like that. I don't know why, but it felt… really nice.



(*GASP* OH NO! I FORGOT ABOUT RARITY!)


*Jyro POV*

Running further in town, there is a lot of destruction all over the town. Broken carts, broken windows, and large holes on houses. Why would these creatures have any quarrel with these peaceful ponies? What did they do to deserve this?


*SNARL* *WHACK-WHACK* *SNARL*


That sounds like more of them nearby, I have to hurry are so no other pony will be taken anymore from those savages.

As I got close, not only I hear snarling, but also grunting. Someone is trying to fight them off, I must hurry and not let them get caught. Finding the group, there are two mares trying to fight off a pack on their own. To my surprise, those two are some of the girls I know, and WOW they can kick ass! It's Rainbow Dash and Applejack fighting back to back, and trying to keep a group of at least seven ponies safe. I never would have thought that some of these pastel colored ponies can really fight when they are in danger. They are amazing! ...*RGH* Enough watching, I have to help them out!

Jumping in action, and I do mean jump high enough to land on one of the wolves, and everyone including the wolves stopped as I landed and destroyed on one as they all have their eyes on me. Then right away, I began to swing the bat violently on one to my right, then quickly to my left.

“Sorry I’m *GRRH* late!” I said during my onslaught.

“J-Jyro!? Your back! And what the hay are ya-”

“Who cares, AJ!? We got back up! Now get back in action!” shout Rainbow, who cut Applejack as they resume fighting.

These wolves are more larger than the previous ones I've fought, and they are more durable and more vicious. It takes at least three to five swings just to shatter one of them, and I though my strength would finish them in one hit. (I'm so glad I didn't fight the big ones when saving Twilight.)

“*GRRH* Geez! He's taking them out faster than us!” said Rainbow while fighting, “I had no idea he could be
strong!”

“Save it for later, Dash! We still got ponies ta save!” shout Applejack.

“Yeah, yeah! *Rgh*”

I couldn't help but snicker, but thankfully they couldn't hear during the smashing. Until the last three wolves were shattered by the three of us, now it is their chance to escape.

“Hooowee! That's all of ‘em *pant* fer now.” said Applejack, catching her breath. “Now's our chance ta get these ponies outta here!”

“You girls go! I'll stay and find the rest of the group.” I said.

“WHAT!” shout both Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

“Hey! I know you can kick timber-flank big guy, but you can't go out there yourself!” said Rainbow.

“Rainbow’s right! Ya can't just go and risk yer’self into more danger!” said Applejack.

“Yeah! Not without, me!”

“Really Rainbow!?”

“Look girls, we don't have time for arguing!” they stopped as I exclaimed, “I need you both to escort these ponies out of town and have them at the outskirts for help. I'm not sure if they're here yet, but they will be here and there are still ponies out there that need help!” they seemed surprised after giving them a heads up.

“... Jyro’s right! No time fer standin’ around! Cmon’ Rainbow, let's get them outta here!” said Applejack, while Rainbow thinks for a moment then complies.

“Yeah. Let's go!”

“Now, hurry and go! Before they reassemble themselves!” as the remains start to shake, the group immediately dashed off to the open hills where they can get help.

“Good. Now to find the rest of them.” again I dashed off further in town to find any remaining ponies. (I hope Twilight, Pinkie, and Rarity are alright.)


*Rainbow Dash POV*

Grrrr! Why does he get to fight all by himself? Even its not bad enough to get these ponies out of here first, but fighting the wolves alone? No way I'm letting him have all the fun! We are getting close to the hills, and I see a crowd of ponies there getting some help. And to my surprise, Fluttershy is there too!

“AJ! There's Fluttershy!”

“Hey, Shy!” I called while flying towards her, “Glad to see you're okay! Nice job getting the ponies here. I didn't think you would do it!”

“Rainbow! You have to go back and help, Jyro!” she shouted.

“Whoa there, Fluttershy! Can ya tell us what's th’ matter?” asked Applejack.

“We were ambushed, and the wolves took all of them… *sniff* and… and…” just seeing her tear up makes me want to beat myself up, I knew I shouldn't have Rarity gone with her instead of me! Speaking of Rares… ,”AND THEY TOOK RARITY!”


Applejack/Rainbow Dash: *GASP*


“THAT'S IT! I'M HELPIN’ THE BIG GUY OUT!” I took off right before AJ tried to say something that would stop me.

But looking back, I saw Fluttershy trying to convince AJ, maybe saying that I should go or something. It has to be the right call, and I know that I may get hurt while fighting them off. Even so, the have one of my friends and I'm not gonna let them turn into dog food!

(Don't worry Fluttershy. Once I find The Big Guy, we will save both Rarity and the others as fast as we can!)