• Published 23rd Nov 2011
  • 2,389 Views, 155 Comments

Berry's Test - Maple Sunrise



A spinoff of the famous horror movie series SAW.

  • ...
4
 155
 2,389

Pinkie Pie's Test

The pony woke up, her teeth chattering. The room was cold. The pony had gone through much colder conditions, but somehow this cold felt different. She was sitting on a wooden dining chair, her forehooves tied behind her back, boasting her chest. Her feet were drumming against the ground as she tried to identify her surroundings. Only seeing frozen crates and hanging icicles around the room, she shivered, her body attempting to generate enough heat to keep her warm in a room as cold as ice itself.

The pink, poofy-maned earth pony tried looking around the room she was in one more time. In addition to the stuff she had seen earlier, a door loomed into view, right in front of the pink-coated pony. The room was well lit, with the orange flame of an oil lantern burning in a corner of the room. Small as the flame is, the light generated was still enough to help her look around the room.

Teeth still chattering, the mare spoke. “H-h-h-hello? A-anyp-pony out there?” Outside the door, was total darkness. Through the little glass panel, Pinkie Pie saw nothing. She tried to get out of the chair, only succeeding in wasting her energy. She breathed out, knowing that it was cold enough for her breath to be visible, which in fact it was.

“H-hello? Anyp-pony?” She called out again, much louder than before. But the response was still the same. Nothing but the sound of water running. Hey! I hear water running! Pinkie glanced around, finally noticing the two steel poles on either side of her chair. The sound came from the transparent pipes that led from the ceiling into a small metal container on either side of the room. Each container had several faucets, to which each of the faucet had its own hose. One the container to the left of Pinkie, the ends of the hoses were tied to nozzles, which were attached to the steel pole. The same went for the other container to Pinkie’s right.

In front of Pinkie, on the bare, cold floor, was a note, soggy from the water dripping from the nozzles of the hoses. How in the whole wide world of Equestria did I get here?! I remember the party last night...but what happened next was so fuzzy. I remember somepony poking me in the neck, and then I had a sweet dream! And then she woke up here. She tried once more to get out of her chair, but to no avail. Pinkie could hear sounds outside, her keen hearing from all the years she’s eavesdropped on other ponies.

The room looked similar to the chiller Pinkie had at Sugarcube Corner. She had used the chiller as a place for storage and other....stuff. A thought came to Pinkie’s mind. Am I still at the party? But somehow Pinkie knew that was impossible. Her chiller had no running water, it would freeze anyway if she did. And why would I have steel poles in a chiller? That makes absolutely no sense! And the one thing that decimated the thought completely was, And how would somepony even get me here without anypony noticing?! That’s just downright silly!

And yet here she was. Tied to a chair. In a freezer in Celestia-knows-where.

There was suddenly light coming from the little glass pane in the door, and Pinkie Pie looked up. But the moment the light came on, Pinkie Pie heard the sound of water approaching. And quick. Hoofsteps could be heard outside the door before the unceremonious banging of hooves on the door started. By then Pinkie Pie could tell that somepony was on the other side of the door and was ready to shout out for help.

The only sound she could let out was the howl of pain as hot water sprayed through the nozzles on the hoses attached to both of the steel poles. The steaming water mercilessly sprayed at the earth pony as she screamed her lungs out. Hot hot hot! was all that went through her mind. Though heat in such a cold place would be quite welcoming, the hot water seemed rather unnecessary. In a cold environment as the one Pinkie was in, even lukewarm water felt like the hottest fires of hell.

Just as sudden as the water had started spraying, it stopped. Pinkie gasped as the water dripped from her mane onto the floor. She was panting, trying to get hold of the air she had lost from screaming. The pain was unbearable. The banging on the door ceased and was replaced with the sound of things hovering around the room before crashing into the door. The impact had no effect as the door still refused to budge.

“That didn’t work either! And that note was for Berry!” A familiar voice shouted out.

Pinkie’s ears perked up as she once more shivered. The cold had come back, twice as bad as it was before. Her teeth once more chattering, Pinkie heard another familiar voice on the other side of the door.

“Unless you have any other bright ideas, I suggest that you shut the buck up and help Applejack with the door!” A voice shouted back.

The sound of water could be heard flowing again, and Pinkie got the chance to shout out what she wanted.

“Girls! Get me out of here!”

That was all that got out before she started crying out in pain as hot water once more drenched her body. The water was still stinging hot, but Pinkie was starting to get used to the heat. The water continued spraying for a further five seconds as she screamed to her heart’s content. The hot water stopped, drops of water dripping out from the nozzles of the hoses onto the floor near Pinkie’s feet.

Pinkie gasped for air. Convinced that her friends hadn’t heard her pleas, she tried shouting out one more time, to much success.

“Pinkie! Hold on! We’re here to get you out!” Though yelling at Pinkie, she could tell that Twilight was trying her best to get the door open.

I hope they get me quick! Pinkie’s heart rate accelerated to beyond rates she usually experienced, and a quick pain in her chest started to freak her out as the cold temperature of the room once more threatened Pinkie with hypothermia.


“It ain’t workin’!” Applejack exclaimed, all the while trying to buck the door down.

“No shit, cowpoke! The note said a numeric code!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“Well there ain’t no combination lock on the door, so what makes ya’ so sure!”

The cafeteria kitchen was in a dilapidated state, much like the rest of the facilities in the meadow. The walls were dusted with cobwebs and the equipment left behind were all caked with rust and grime. The cafeteria itself was also in a terrible state, with overturned tables and chairs covered in food stains that looked like they could have been left behind centuries ago. The fluorescent lights hanging from the ceilings had only a few functioning, while the rest were broken.

The three had entered the cafeteria after some delay caused by Rainbow Dash. She had said that the door leading down was locked when they came in, and didn’t think it would open until they had explored all the other offices as well. The three had proceeded to trot down, knowing that time was of the essence. However, the moment she had broken through the cafeteria doors, Twilight knew she had made a grave mistake.

Before crashing through the doors, Twilight failed to notice the wedge in between the double doors. The wedge had been what was stopping the hoses from spraying Pinkie with all the hot water from the floor above. But Twilight didn’t know that. She crashed through the door, and upon noticing the mediocre attempt at lighting, she shot out an aurora of light that filled the room temporarily as the other two came trotting through the doors.

Scanning the room, the trio couldn’t find Pinkie at all, which led to only one more place to look. The kitchen. And sure enough, the moment the three had entered the kitchen, there were sounds coming from the freezer. Rainbow Dash had been banging away on the door before Pinkie started screaming in pain.

Outside in the cafeteria, Twilight levitated in a couple of chairs and tables, and told Rainbow Dash to step back before hurling the chairs and tables at the door. Much to the trio’s surprise, the door didn’t budge, much less have any damage done to it.

“Rainbow! Look for Berry, NOW! Dash out of here and bring her back while me and Applejack try to get the door open!” Twilight commanded.

Dash was ready to zoom off, but had told Twilight something that made both she and Applejack facehoof. “The combination lock is next to the entrance to the kitchen by the way.” And with that, she flew off with speeds exceeding Mach 1.

The two galloped over to the entrance, and sure enough, under the light switch, was a combination lock. The dials on the lock couldn’t be turned manually, which meant it had to be done with a unicorn’s magic. The dials showed at that moment 000. Twilight had a thought at that moment just as Pinkie screamed away in pain as the third shower of hot water drenched her, though she was growing much used to it already.

If a unicorn’s magic was supposed to be used at this point, that means I’m supposed to survive! Thought she herself wasn’t sure about that theory, Twilight felt much lighter than she was earlier. But after a couple of seconds, Twilight resumed examining the lock.

Ascending order...

Twilight lit her horn, knowing that it was safe since she left her leather brace upstairs near the ruined wall of office three. Aiming her horn at the combination lock, she turned the dials slowly. Applejack continued bucking at the door, only succeeding in missing a bit and breaking the glass pane in the door. Immediately, the air in the freezer came out, slowly filling the room with cool air as the dials finished turning.

235

The door didn’t open. The sound of Pinkie screaming from inside the freezer could be heard much clearer than before since the glass pane was broken.


After the last shower of hot water, the glass pane in the door had broken, much to Pinkie’s relief. She was just starting to get used to the hot water. Her heart rate was slowly returning to normal as the heat from the hot water became bearable. She tried rocking back and forth in her seat again, and with the help of the water, started moving again. Her wet mane hung forward, almost covering half of her face. Even so, she only managed to move a few centimetres before the wet seat froze in place. The freezer had turned on once more, and the cold came back. Pinkie, however, felt no cold as she felt warm from the hot water earlier. The hot water showered her one more time, this time with Pinkie actually enjoying it, before what happened next took her by surprise.

As if the water had suddenly froze, the hot water suddenly changed ice cold, shocking Pinkie Pie for a short moment before she let out a bloodcurdling shout. Her heart rate escalated as the cold water completely eliminated any sense of heat left on her coat leftover from the hot water earlier. The one thing that Pinkie hated most of all the things she hated was cold water. Especially water that is THIS cold.

Throughout her short, icy shower, she screamed out in agony between pants as she tried to supply her lungs with enough oxygen to keep her heart pumping, thus maintaining body heat. But being in a freezer, and being sprayed with icy cold water, her breathing started becoming more and more shallow as if became harder and harder to breathe. She started coughing once the water stopped.

I’m glad that’s o- She was cut off there just as the icy cold water came back, slowly spraying her with its deathly cold touch.


Twilight once more tried going through the ascending order code, only to fail miserably again. Applejack placed a chair in front of the freezer door and bucked it. The chair shattered upon impact with the door, but the door still didn’t budge.


Berry and her three friends were trotting their way to the offices under the guidance of Rarity’s Tracking Pigeon spell. She shot out a small ball of light which slowly morphed into a bird, and shot out to the direction in which the four had to make their way. However, before they even reached the offices, out of nowhere, a streak of rainbow flashed by, stunning the the four as they tried to comprehend what was going on. Stopping directly in front of Berry, Rainbow Dash shouted, with all her might.

“BERRY, TWILIGHT NEEDS YOUR HELP NOW!”

Had Berry not lifted a hoof to alert the three behind her, she was sure there would be at least two harpoons deep inside Rainbow Dash’s chest.

“We don’t have much time. Did you get a look at the time before you came here?”

Though Dash saw no relevance between the time and the help needed, she tried to recall. “It’s 4:45pm.”

A look of disbelief crossed Berry’s face. “That’s impossible! The sun is already setting and you claim that it’s 4:45pm?!”

Dash facehoofed. “JUST COME WITH ME!” And with that, she flew back to the cafeteria in record time. Berry had no trouble trotting all the way there, and the three unicorns had no problems themselves as they themselves could teleport with ease.

Berry crashed through the doors in a similar fashion that Twilight had earlier, though she had broken a door clean off. Seeing Twilight struggle with the combination lock in the kitchen, Berry galloped over to her side.

“Do you know how to operate this?” Berry panted in exhaustion.

Without looking at Berry, Twilight levitated over the note and the blueprint from office four. Pinkie’s screams were starting to bug Twilight.

Berry skimmed through the note, and immediately understood why Twilight wasn’t getting the message.


Pinkie Pie’s heart rate had soared beyond her highest which was roughly 300 beats per minute under excited conditions. This time it was 350. As the cold water slowly turned into hot water again, Pinkie rocked back and forth violently, trying her best to get out of the chair to avoid any further torture. The note that had been in front of her was completely wet and the words written were no longer recognizable. Pinkie’s breathing was slowing down, though her heart rate still continued to rise.

Her cries for help were not helping her friends get to her much quicker, so she guessed that doing so would be useless. She didn’t feel like she could let out another shout anyway. As her strength started depleting, Pinkie started fading in and out of consciousness. She felt numb. Even when the hot water switched back to cold water again, Pinkie Pie couldn’t tell the difference. Her rocking against the chair had started slowing down as she started to black out. Her heart rate still accelerating at an alarming rate, Pinkie Pie tried one more time to get out of her chair.

She took in one quick breath, and immediately coughed violently as she snorted in some of the cold water. Coughing it back out cost her time and energy, and she vowed not to do so again. But she did anyway. She took a deep breath, and started rocking against her bonds. She couldn’t get out of her chair, she knew that. But that didn’t mean that she would stop trying. She tried for a short while longer, before she felt a sudden pain explode in her chest. The numbness in her body didn’t even numb the sharp, piercing pain at all.

Pinkie was now gasping for air, as if choked by an unknown force. This made the pain in her chest bloom even more as the cold water immediately switched back to hot water. That was the final switch before the pain in her chest disappeared permanently. As Pinkie Pie blacked out, her heart attack finally receding, she knew it was going to be her last few seconds before she was gone from the world. She blacked out, head snapped off to the side as the hot water switched to cold water, repeating the process, oblivious to the dead pony tied to the chair in the middle of the freezer.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s note : Okay this was a rather quick write, since I’m being rather forgetful nowadays so I really have to finish things immediately so I don’t lose any ideas. Will recheck this in the afternoon after school later since I feel that it’s missing something.