• Published 14th Jan 2016
  • 323 Views, 0 Comments

The MLP Friend Group - Living Shadow



Short, random stories of moments Mane Six and their friend group have.

  • ...
4
 0
 323

The other Dimension

It all started with Pinkie Pie. Of course it did. Almost all strange things were, in a way, linked to the almost always cheerful curly haired girl.

It was a normal day, and all the friends were hanging out at Rairty’s house, trying on outfits for places they had to go. Pinkie found a rock with writing on it while hanging out in the backyard. She said what was written on it out loud and the moment she did so, they were in the strangest place that either of the eight friends had ever seen. It had no real ground, just floating islands in an expanse of blue. Standing in front of them was a blue haired girl with magenta eyes, who appeared to be around their age.

“Heeeelloooooo!!!” the girl said. “My name is Sonata. Welcome to the other dimension!”

***

Flash picked at some sort of purple goop stuff on his plate. “So...why again are they throwing a party for us?”

Rarity stared at whatever it was on her plate as if it were an insult to her. “Who knows? Maybe cause we’re the the first people from our dimension here?”

Rainbow Dash leaned back in her chair, made sure Sonata wasn’t there watching, and tossed the goop under the table. “Ughhhhh!!! Who cares?! I got a soccer practice in, like, two hours!! And didn’t you have a date, Rarity?”

Rarity’s eyes slowly widened, and she put a hand to her forehead. “Oh dear...it had slipped my mind...”

“How’d a date, of all things, slip your mind?”

Rarity opened her mouth to reply, but promptly snapped it shut as Sonata returned with two other girls, one with frizzy yellow hair and one with long purple hair pulled back into two pigtails.

“The one with the bushy hair is my sister, Adagio, and the mean-looking one is my other sister, Aria!” Sonata smiled real big. “Now, everyone, enjoy the party!”

Rarity raised her hand. “Excuse me, I don’t mean to be impolite, but I have somewhere I need to be in 30 minutes. I need to leave...so if you could please send me back to my dimension?”

Aria laughed. “In 30 minutes? Well first, just eat your food, dance, do a little shopping and then you can get lost or go die for all I care.”

“Uh...what Aria means to say is first we gotta have a little fun, right?” Sonata jumped up. “I’ll show you around town and you can shop. Then you can go back. I promise it’ll take only 25 minutes.”

“But-”

“Too bad. It’s impossible to send a person back to their dimension right away. You’ll have to wait.”

So, for the next 25 minutes, Sonata gave them a quick view of town while they rode on a carriage pulled by fish-like creatures. It was strange, with unusually shaped houses and alien-like animals walking around the streets.

When it was time, Sonata had the coachman pull over to a large, white circle made out of marble on the ground in the center of town. Nothing surrounded it, and it looked like at some point it might have been the floor for a building, but the building had been removed.

Sonata led them to the center of the circle.

“Alright, we gotta say a chant to get you back to your world. Repeat after me, okay?” Sonata closed her eyes and spat out a bunch of gibberish that no one could understand, but did their best to recite anyway.

When they were finished, Sonata opened her eyes and stepped back. “It’ll will take a moment for you to disappear from this dimension. And...oh! I forgot to mention something!” She smiled. “For every five minutes you spent here, a year passed in your dimension. And you won’t be in the same place you were before you came here. You could be anywhere in your world.”

Rarity laughed. “You’re...t-that’s a joke right? Please, darling, tell me you're joking.”

Sonata just smiled, and then there was a blinding flash of light.

The mane 6, Thunderlane, and Flash stared at an ocean lapping gently at a shore in the early hours of morning.

***

On a fishing ship out of sight, a crew member leaned slightly over the railing.

“Cap’n, do you hear dat? Sounds like people are screamin’.”

The captain, a large, burly man with random red stains all over his clothes, stepped forward and leaned over the side as well. “Whaddya mean ya hear—oh wait...I think I’m hearin’ it too now...”

“Should we go an’ help ‘em?”

The captain waved his hand. “Eh, who cares? We’re probably too far to help em’ anyways.” He shrugged. “Keep going mate, keep going.”