• Published 5th Jan 2016
  • 2,106 Views, 41 Comments

What must be done - Foxgear



Now eighteen and finally old enough to inherit the family farm Big Mac's life was just getting started, but a message from his late father turns Mac's life in a new direction. Monsters are invading from Equestria and it's up to Mac and his new partne

  • ...
6
 41
 2,106

Fire and Rubble

What must be done ch 8
By Foxgear


Water dripped from the ceiling soaking the rotting wood of the rundown apartment as rats scurried across the floor. All was quiet, all was calm in the library suburb of Canterlot city nothing disturbed the creatures of the night, until the wall of the family room broke, spraying plaster and splinters everywhere as night hunter Fierce Fury came crashing through. He rolled across the floor and jumped to his feet just in time to catch Fluttershy by the arms and throw the girl turned bat into another wall.

Fury felt two sharp objects fly into his back; he turned facing his other opponent, Rarity, covered head to toe in a diamond garb that covered most of her body, leaving streaks of pure white skin exposed. He shouldn’t be surprised that she made outfit was more fashionable then functional; it was the Rarity thing to do.

Pulling the diamond knives from his back Fury tossed them angrily away as he charged head on at the diamond girl. She fired another barrage and he blocked by crossing his arms over his face, several diamond shards pierced his arms as he smashed into Rarity, sending the girl back through the wall he came through.

He didn’t get a moments rest as Fluttershy returned and jumped on his back and bit him in the neck. Angrily Fury pulled the bat girl off and tossed her away again. She flexed her wings and slowed her fall landing gracefully on her dainty feet. He wished he had his wings right now, they would be useful, that and fire breath.

A diamond knife flew through the wall and pierced his shoulder pad; the tip of the blade just barely pricking his skin. With growing irritation he ripped it free and tossed it a side. The two monsterified girls lining up for another run on the opposite side of the room.

“You know,” Fury said cracking his neck, “If I wasn’t under orders to bring you down alive. You two would be on the ground.”

Fluttershy snorted, “Big words coming from someone who’s been our rag doll for the past ten minutes. We know this world, we know how to operate our bodies properly, and we know how to use this world’s magic. You stand no chance of beating us!”

“And all that coming from a pony that’s afraid of her own shadow, well I guess our Fluttershy’s gotten better, you seem to be a little ahead of her in the confidence department though.” Fury fished into his pocket and pulled out a small red candy. “That being said, you are right. I don’t know anything about this world’s magic, good thing I brought my own.”

“Don’t let him eat that!” Rarity screamed throwing a barrage of diamond knives as Fury flicked the candy into the air. The knives missed, her hurried actions throwing off her aim, leaving Fluttershy to go in for the save, her jaws wide as she bite down Fury’s right hand, severing four fingers.

“Pugh! Ew, ew, ew,ew ewwww!”Fluttershy screamed spitting the appendages out with disgust. She was having a bit of mental break down as she curled up into a ball on the floor, repeating “I’m vegetation” Over and over again. Leaving Rarity to sigh as she tried to snap the girl turned bat out of it.

“Still the same old Fluttershy when it comes to somethings,” Rarity sighed patting the trembling girl on the back, “Come its ok; you didn’t swallow, so technically you didn’t eat meat.”

Over on the other side of the room Fury crawled across the floor, clutching his injured hand as he made his way unnoticed to where the candy had fallen. He flopped down right beside it and grabbed it with his tongue, his hand occupied with keeping pressure on his wound. With a grimace he bit into the candy, ignoring the taste of dirty floor as he swallowed. A red shimmer of magic fell over his body.

“Why is it suddenly so hot in here?” Rarity asked as she turned around, it was there was a raging fire… Fury, Fury was on fire!

“Alright,” Fury growled out, “No more mister nice pony.” Much to the amazement of Rarity and Fluttershy Fury’s fingers grew back as the fire surrounding his body faded, gathering to a single point in his palm and forming a sphere. He wrapped his hand around the sphere and it expanded out into a sword of fire!

“I’ll show you why you don’t want to make me angry!” He raised the blade of flame and swung downwards, unleashing a firestorm upon the two.


Kira sighed as she watched three building on the other side of the plaza erupt into flames. There was no doubt, Fury had lost his temper. Still she could see three magical energy signals coming from that direction, so at least they were all still alive.

She smiled and tilted her head as a bolt of lightning stuck the wall. Behind her a frustrated Rainbow Dash was charging up another bolt as Pinkie Pie, not looking her usual self (Had to be the straight hair) stood further back, looking like a depressed teenager.

“Stand still!” Rainbow screamed in frustration as she fired another bolt. Kira tilted her head to the left, letting the bolt fly right past her. “Grrr, how are you doing that?”

Younglings are so impatient, she wondered if she was ever like that, not that she would remember. Course the logical answer would probably be yes, at some point she was probably that brash.

“It’s called insight,” Kira said as she unsheathed one of her swords. The blade was ornate with engravings and a nice shiny finish, a gift from her late husband. It was a little too fancy for her tastes, but the blade was made from the toughest metals in the land and could with stand almost anything. Hopefully that remained true in this world; because so help her if this brat broke her precious sword she was going to put her over her kneed and spank her blue ass red.

Kira paused in her monologue noticing there seemed to be a lack of lightning flying at her face. “Sorry did you tire yourself out? Need grandma to put you to bed little thunderhead?”

Rainbow Dash’s cheeks puffed with anger as she unleashed a storm of lightning at her. Kira was prepared for this and simply raised her sword to catch the lightning, only there was a problem, her sword felt unusually heavy at least double the weight than normal.

Still she managed to raise the blade in time to stop the lightning, though her hand was trembling trying to keep the sword raised.
Grabbing the bottom of the hilt with her other hand she swung the blade around and sent the lightning harmlessly into the wall, the weight of the sword seeming to increase. Even with both arms she could barely lift it!

“Ok,” She hissed letting releasing her hold on the sword. A deep frown marring her face as the katana broke the through the floor board and fell two floors down, “You have my attention children.”

Grimly Kira pulled her watashi from her sash and pointed it at the two teenagers, “Come to grandma.”

Rainbow Dash screamed forming a spear of pure lightning as she charged at Kira, who just looked bored as she side stepped Rainbow and tripped her with her foot, sending the rainbow hair girl rolling into the wall.

“Seriously how do you do that?” Rainbow remarked angry as she climbed to her feet. The flashing of steel caught her eye and she barely managed to duck under Kira’s blade. She was about to taunt the old mare again, when a section of the roof fell on her head.

Kira glowered as turned her attention to Pinkie, still standing across the room with her arms crossed. Confidently Kira stepped towards the pink girl, the floor board creaking loudly beneath her wooden clogs, a bit too loudly in Kira’s opinion. She took another step and the floor board beneath her foot cracked.

“I assume this is your doing?” She asked looking directly at Pinkie Pie. “A neat trick, let me guess you control gravity?” The pink girl stared silently at her, glaring, Kira knew what that meant. “Please tell me this isn’t teen angst. I’ve dealt with that enough in my life raising my own kids. Please, please for the love of Celestia don’t make me deal with yours while fighting.”

Pinkie’s frown deepened as she extended her hand, “You don’t understand.” She said flicking her fingers down, the old rotting boards beneath Kira creaked and moaned the entire building seemed to be bending inwards towards a single point.

Not missing a beat, Kira cut a hole into the floor and slipped down to the lower level, only to fall through the floor to the main floor from the increase in gravity. She did find her sword though and it was its normal weight again.

“Seems her powers only affect things that she sees, interesting, I can probably use that.” Kira side stepped as another bolt of lightning came flying down the hole. She couldn’t help but smirk as Rainbow Dash screamed with frustration.

“Oh come on!”

“Keep trying, you can only get better!” Kira yelled up the hole, she received another growl in response. That was enough toying around through, she should probably get serious. Digging into her kimono sleeves she fiddled around for the little candy Princess Twilight had prepared for them. Magical items from Equestria kept their magic after crossing the mirror, so after a long lecture most of them slept through Twilight created these rock candies infused with their magic which in theory would allow them to use their own magic without having to figure out this world’s magic. Kira couldn’t believe how lucky they were that it actually worked.

Rainbow and Pinkie came crashing down from above forcing her to move out of the way as a bolt of lightning lit up the room. Swords in both hands she parried Rainbow’s spear thrust and Pinkie’s open palm strike. However she underestimated them as she felt an invisible force push against her that sent her flying backwards, she was slammed against a support post her old bones crying out in pain as she was blasted with a stream of lightning. Gritting her teeth Kira raised the candy to her mouth and bit it.

Instantly the world changed to monochrome and red, her normal vision. A red spot marked the ceiling. Pulling free one of her hair ornaments she threw it at the spot making the entire ceiling collapse on top of the two girls and fill the room with dust.

“Where did she go?” Dash asked aloud coughing. She didn’t even see Kira coming as the white pony emerged from the cloud of dust and jabbed her in the stomach, the chest and then the neck. Rainbow staggered from the blows, her breathing irregular.

Kira stood over the rainbow haired girl with a grim frown, “I could have killed you seven times over by now. I see every fatal hit I could make on every part of your body. Every organ, artery, every bone, I see every possible way to kill you.

A shiver ran up Kira’s spine as she felt a presence behind her. She ducked just in time for an invisible blade to cut above her head. It would have cut her in half had she not dodged!

“You’re not a very fun grandma,” Pinkie said as the dust began to settle. “You don’t play along with my game. That makes me very sad!” Pinkie’s hand slammed down shaking the entire building. The air became heavy again. The sound of creaking wood echoed all around them as dust fall from the ceiling. Kira grit her teeth and raised both swords in the air as building come crashing down.


The sound of fire crackling and stone breaking caught Topaz Slicer’s attention. He figured there was over a sixty percent chance Fury and Kira were currently alive. A percentage he may share if he doesn’t pay attention to his own opponents, the sirens Aria and Sonata.

The two sirens were proving to have the advantage over him. He was a close range fighter, with a limited skill in mid-range combat. The two sirens were able to keep him at bay with a series of long ranged sonic blasts and water attacks. Factoring in his unknown ability with his current body, he was looking at a seventy percent chance of victory; a percentage that lowered once he factored in his inability to kill his opponents to fifty, overall not very good odds for him but nothing new.

Aria’s purple astral siren form floated past the alley where he’s taken refuge, meaning they weren’t far behind. From what he’s observed the siren’s specters could only travel fifty years away from the host body. This would be the closest he’s managed to get so far.

Pressing himself against the wall of the alley Topaz ate his magic candy, allowing him to activate his plasma ability. His claws instantly ignited in bright blue flames, which burned into the stone of the building. He was having trouble controlling his magic in this world, unfortunately it was too late do anything about it. They knew where he was.

Sonata Dusk rounded the corner on the other side of the alley, well Aria rounded the one closest to him, and both had their specters floating behind them. They looked eager to attack.

“Chance of survival… twenty five percent,” Both sirens roared and charged at him and with hands ablaze with burning plasma Topaz slashed at the specters his attack passing through them completely and into the buildings. The buildings bucked and tumbled as hot plasma cut them haphazardly in half, sending brick and mortar falling on top of the three.


“Getting tired your highness?” Adagio mocked the princess as they danced the deadly dance down the front of the library steps. Luna grunted as the siren landed a hit on her torso, the leather breast plate absorbing most of the impact, still she felt a dull ache from the blow. The siren was much stronger then she appeared.

Luna grabbed the siren’s arm and flipped her over her shoulder slamming the fish girl to the ground, placing a foot on the girl’s chest Luna twisted the sirens arm, pinning her down.

“Not in the slightest.”

Adagio snarled pulling against the princess’s grip with strength beyond what her skinny arms should produce. “Don’t underestimate the ponies of Maredor!” With one hard tug Adagio broke free from Luna’s hold, the princess seemingly off her game as she stared jaw slacked at Adagio.

“You’re from Maredor, Sombra’s original kingdom? How is that possible? It was destroyed many moons ago.”

“Destroyed by you and your night patrollers, my sisters and I were banished during the attack a thousand years ago. I’m sure you must have been filled with glee watching the city burn.” Adagio summoned her specter, the ghostly shape of her true from floated above her like a demonic angel. “First you killed our king, plunging our home into civil war! Then you have the gull to invade us! Claiming it was for the good of all, but is wasn’t, it was only for those that agreed with you. The rest of us… we were just in the way of harmony I guess.”

Luna adjusted her stance to a neutral position, “I’m afraid I have little knowledge of that time as it was after my banishment. I assure you though, my ponies were doing what they and my sister thought was right at the time. Whether or not it was the right thing to do is something my sister and I will question for the rest of time. Given my past experience though, heed my advice and let go of the past. I know it is hard, but it will send you down the better path. A path, I know you have already begun to walk, so please Adagio, fight Maddie’s control for your own sake and your sisters.”

“That’s rich coming from you, did Celestia write that on a piece of paper for you; sounds corny enough to be her writing.” Sunset sneered flying down beside Adagio. “All you and your wonderful sister have done is force ponies to bend to you will and when they wouldn’t you abandon them!”

“Sunset Shimmer I presume,” Luna looked the girl up and down, pulling on Celestia’s recounting of her former student. She also remembered the portrait of another pony her sister had shown her. “Celestia was right, you do look alike.”

Sunset growled, “So she showed you her “favorite” student.”

“Celestia speaks highly of Sunny Spark; she said she saw a lot of her in you. You should be proud of that.”

“Proud? Proud of what? I was just another replacement and when she realized I wasn’t her precious dearly departed student she pushed me away and then had the gull to say I was out of line when I saw what could be in the mirror. To add insult to injury she adopted that pathetic excuse of an alicorn Cadence! I was an eye sore to her, I could tell, I just wish she would have had the stones to tell me herself.”

Luna shook her head retaking her battle stance, “Your thoughts and mind are poisoned. I’m sure you would see the truth if you would just stop and think. Trust me Sunset, Celestia loves you more then you’ll ever realize.”

Sunset scoffed, barring her fangs she and Adagio began to encircle Luna. The princess of the night popped her magic candy in her mouth and with a flick of her finger called the shadows to her aid. The inky blackness of pure darkness seeped out of the ground, crawling up Luna’s legs and spreading all over her body, creating a shroud of darkness around the princess.

“If you’ll not listen to reason, then I will make you see the truth!” The shadows covered Luna’s hands, morphing the dainty fingers into claws! Sunset responded in kind, fire engulfing her own claws as she charged for the princess, Adagio charging in from the side. The three met head on, darkness and light erupting in a brilliant display of fire and shadow.


Plaster broke as Sixes flew through the wall Applejack and Mac hot on his tail as he broke through from one room to the next. Hot stream rising off his hands as he grabbed whatever he could, a loose brick, and melted it into a puddle of lava. Skidding to a stop he set up the pitch and threw the lava at the Apple siblings. The hot ball of magma rolled down their skin like water, meaning they had been dragonized, making them immune to lava and high heat. Seems he drew the short straw.

Fingers spread wide he swiped at Applejack, missing, and then at Mac, missing again. The siblings were running circles around him. He blocked a strike from Mac, the blow making his knees buckled from the force, he back stepped away tossing his broken arm guard away; it had done its job.

Back against the wall Sixes taunted the siblings; sure enough they took the bait hook line and sinker. He ducked up their combined blows, tackling them and ramming them through the adjacent wall. The two groaned on the ground as he picked up some lose bricks and melted them, creating a make shift pair of cuffs for the two. He bound their hands together and then their legs, but he knew the cuffs wouldn’t last long.

“I owe your father a debt, it’s my fault he ended up in this world, so I’m trying my best not to hurt you two, but you need to get a grip on your senses. I know we don’t know each other very well, but I know you two got to have some fight in you, so fight Maddie’s control over you. Think of your friends, your family and everyone else that loves and cares for you!” Mac and Applejack continued to snap and growl as they slowly but surely worked away at the cuffs, it wouldn’t be long before they broke free. “Well so much for the love and friendship speech, I guess a more physical persuasion is in order.”

The cuffs were about to break, large cracks covered the melted mess of stone, the budging mass of the siblings muscles the cause of the destruction. Honestly Sixes had no idea where they got their strength from, Nico was never that strong, in fact none of the Apple siblings looked a hint like their father. He was going to have to ask about that after this all said and done. Not that he had time to think about that now, Mac and Applejack were loose.

Before Mac could get to his feet Sixes socked him right in the face, knocking him back down, with Applejack… he showed a bit more restraint.

“Afraid to hit a girl,” Applejack mocked throwing a few punches that Sixes deflected.

He couldn’t help but chuckled, “Little filly, I burned down a mansion full of stallions, mares, and even fouls. Trust me when I say I’m not afraid of killing anyone or anything, but… you do have the face of an old friend. That I find hard to hit.”

“Buddy, buddy with the pony Applejack?” Applejack accused, the way she said it gave Sixes some hope that her true self was still trying to push though.

Sixes shook his head, “No, not her preciously, we are acquaintances, but I’m referring to her… oh about times ten great grandmother? I don’t know I was asleep in stone for a thousand plus years.” He chuckled, a thought dawning on him. “I might even have some descendants around somewhere. Holy Luna I might be a grandpa! Crap I feel old now. Guess I can’t give Kira grief anymore about her age.”

They shared a short laugh together, Sixes and Applejack, and for a moment he was reminded of his old friend the first Applejack. He felt a sort of comfort in the fact that they were so alike. Whether in different times or different worlds, Applejack would always be Applejack.

The good moods quickly come to an end though as Mac, who Sixes had forgotten about, punched him through the wall and out of the building into the street. Sixes landed on an old car, crushing it. He grimaced as he rolled out of the dented metal and onto the sidewalk coming face to face with Principle Luna’s head lights.

“What are you doing here? It’s not safe!” He shouted as he raised to his feet, behind him Applejack and Mac jumped down from the building, both landing on their feet and coming right at him! With Luna and Applebloom behind him, he had no choice but to stand his ground and met the two Apples head on. The two slammed against him, but he held firm pushing back with all his might, but even with that he could feel his feet slipping beneath him as they slowly pushed him back.

The sound of the car door opening barely registered in Sixes’s mind, nor did he hear the patter of running footsteps, till Applebloom’s bright red hair came into his vision.

“Mac, AJ! Stop it!”

“Applebloom get back here!” Luna screamed as she got out of the car.

Everything moved in slow motion. Applejack broke off and turned her attention to Applebloom, bringing down a clawed hand towards the youngest Apple sibling. With a primal roar Sixes pushed Mac away and tackled Applebloom to the ground, Applejack’s claw slashing him across the back. He stumbled and rolled across the ground, his trip ending with him slammed up against a mail box. He let out a cry of pain as the corner of the box dug into his wounds, but Applebloom was still safe between his arms; though maybe not for long.

“Run,” He whispered pushing Applebloom out of his lap, “Run!”

Fighting through the pain Sixes melted the mail box into lava and threw it in Applejack’s face. He shoved her aside grappling with Mac once again. The big teen proving to be his match in strength as Mac slammed him against an abandon car.

“You don’t want to do this Mac…” Sixes choked out, it felt like some of his ribs were broken. “You don’t want to hurt you sister right? I know you don’t, so snap to your senses!”

He punched Mac in the head; the big man stumbled but quickly regained his balance with an angry snort, his eyes turning to Applebloom.

“I told you to run!”

Applebloom trembled as her monsterified siblings approached her, their eyes lacking their usual warmth and love. She tripped as she tried to back away, AJ’s bloody clawed hand reaching out to her. She closed her eyes and waiting for the pain that was sure to come, but it didn’t. Something warm touched her cheek instead. Applebloom opened her pink eyes meeting Applejack’s green as the older girl caressed her cheek with a bloody hand.

“Applebloom…” The second oldest Apple croaked as tears rolled down her cheeks. “Applebloom is that you? Is it really you? I… I thought I’d never see you again.”

Applebloom smiled and got on her knees and hugged her sister. “Yeah sis, it’s me.”

A bright warm glow surged from Applebloom traveling into Applejack and flowing over the farm girl like waterfall of gold. When the light faded away Applejack was herself again.

“Whoa… what happened?”

“Family is what happened!” Applebloom exclaimed still glowing with magic, it was bright and warm like the morning sun. “Come on sis! Let’s get our brother back!”

Applejack smiled as she took her little sister’s hand, “I don’t know what’s happening, but I’ll do mah best!”

Together the two Apple sisters ponied up and stared down their wayward brother. They each raised a hand and blasted him with orange and yellow magic, purifying him. Mac stumbled and wobbled as he tried to regain his balance and they caught him before he could fall.

“Applejack? Applebloom? Ugh… my head! Why you two shining so bright?”

“We’re shining with the magic of family! How about it bro? Wanna teach that no good Maddie what happens when you mess with the Apples?”

Mac grinned as he took his sisters hands, “With pleasure.”

Hand in hand the three Apple siblings walked side by side into the library plaza, Sixes was receiving medical treatment from Principle Luna; leaving it to them to put an end to Maddie’s mad scheme. Together they stood at the edge of the battlefield. From here they could see it all, their friends fighting against their will against the ones trying to save them. Despite the horror of it all, it was quite a sight to see, the battle here made Sunset’s rampage and the battle of the bands look tame by comparison. There was fire, buildings falling, and magic flying everywhere.

“Ready,” Mac took the lead; in each hand he held the hand of one of his sisters. They shared a blush, knowing how silly the must look, but pushed on for the good of their friends.

“Ready!” His sisters answered.

“Let’s saddle up!”

Magic, red, yellow, and orange shot into the sky as the three transformed into their pony forms. Wind whipped around them as their power grew, drawing the attention of everyone, even Maddie who stood atop the library stairs staring down at them.

Maddie reared back, understanding what had happened to two of her minions and what was about to happen to the rest of them if she didn’t do something quick!

“Stop them! Stop them now!” She screamed.

All of their friends broke away from their fights and began charging at them. Mac licked his lips and held his sisters’ hands tighter as they charged up their shot. They may only have time for one shot; they had to make it count!

“Assistance them!” Princess Luna ordered as she tackled Sunset to the ground, but was forced to let Adagio go as she and Sunset tangled on the ground.

Rarity and Fluttershy come running in fast and hard, Fierce Fury ran interface banishing his fire sword at them. He kept Rarity pinned, but Fluttershy out maneuvered him by taking to the sky. Cursing Fury wrestled the fashionista to the ground and held her there.

“Gotta runner!”

“I got her!” Topaz declared leaping into the air and raking his claws across Fluttershy’s wings, grounding the batgirl. He was tackled by Sonata and Aria. A rainbow blur flew overhead, meaning it was Rainbow Dash coming in fast! A white and pink blur incepted the rainbow and Kira stood on top the rainbow haired girl’s back with Pinkie pie swung over her arm. She gave them a wink as she put more pressure on Rainbow’s back as the girl tried to get back up.

“Hurry up and fix this kiddos!”

Adagio was the only one running free and everyone was busy trying to keep the others back, leaving Mac and his sister open to attack. He gripped their hands tighter, keeping his focus on gathering the magic to fix everyone. They were almost there, but so was Adagio.

“I’m coming!” Sixes yelled sprinting to intercept Adagio, but his injuries hampered him, he wouldn’t make it in time. Adagio was almost within range to attack, they needed just another few seconds!

An idea suddenly struck Mac like a bolt of lightning, it was stupid, but it just maybe might work! Licking his lips nervously Mac said the three words he knew Adagio has been waiting to hear; “I love you!” Adagio come to sudden stop just inches from front of them, her eyes wide with surprise and shock. Grinning Mac leaned closer and captured Adagio’s lips, at the same time unleashing the magic they’d been gathering all across the block curing every one of their monsterification. The light died away leaving behind ten confused girls.

“Um… what’s going on?”

“AHH! WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES?”

“Ooh are we having some sort of mortal combat party?”

“Did I eat meat?”

“Ugh… sweet Celestia I remember this feeling…”

“Same here… why do rainbows taste so bad?”

“Hey Adagio’s kissing Mac!”

Mac felt his cheeks burn as everyone turned their attention to him and Adagio, their lips still locked together. Gently he tried to break the kiss, but Adagio’s arms snaked around his waist and she pressed herself against his body. Awkwardly Mac stood there still as a statue as Adagio had her fill.

“Oh how long I wanted to do that!” Adagio sighed against his torso, “You’re such a tease, Mac.” She giggled, causing everyone else to join in on the laughter as their stress and fears washed away, until…

“Hey aren’t we forgetting someone?” Applejack pointed out the fact that Maddie was missing; however so was someone else. Sixes was nowhere in sight. A loud shrill screamed pierced the night air, the scream was differently female and it was coming from the alleys to the east. Wordlessly they all ran in the direction of the scream.


Maddie ran as fast as her feet could carry her. For the first time in a long time she was afraid. She was very afraid. She could hear the sound of hooves behind her like a galloping horse in a dead run. She peeked behind her shoulder getting quick look of the night patroller chasing her. His eyes were like burning coals as he stomped after her. She tripped over a trash can and rolled into old back alley basketball court. She tried to get up, but the pain in her ankle make her leg gave out beneath her. Great she had sprained her ankle!

“Nowhere to left to run, Madhoof,” Sixes snorted hot stream from his nostrils, his hands glowed with intense heat, so hot that Maddie could feel it from ten feet away. She gulped as the dragon pony drew closer racking his claws against the building wall, creating a river of hot lava; his boot steps were loud and haunting as he raised his red hot hand. “Time for your trial, I hereby judge you guilty of the crime of practicing dark magic, kidnapping, mutilation, forced enslavement, and murder.”

The glowing hot hand reached for her. She tried to crawl away, but a heavy boot stomped on her wounded ankle making her scream out in pain. Tears fell and were imminently dried as the intense heat turned the tears to stream, burning her.

“Please stop! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”

A low growl escaped Sixes’s throat, “Tell that to my dead friend.”

Maddie braced herself for the pain, but it didn’t come. The heat was still there though. Warily she opened her eyes, Sixes flaming hot claws still only inches from her face, but they were behind held back by Mac of all people!

“No, not like this,” Mac said staining to hold Sixes’s hand at bay. “This is our world. We will judge her and decide her punishment.”

“He’s right Sixes, this is not our world. We hold no authority here and also this is not how we do things, not anymore,” Said Princess Luna placing a calming hand on the dragon pony’s shoulder. His shoulders slumped and the red hot flames cooled as he stepped away from Maddie.

Dejected Sixes looked at Nico’s children and then to his princess, “Yeah, your right.” He stepped completely out of the way. “Do what you will to her.”

Mac nodded, waving Sunset and the five over. The group looked uncertainly between one another before grabbing each other’s hands and transforming. They rose into the air and blasted Maddie with a rainbow.

Maddie closed her eyes against the light as the colors over took her. At first nothing happened and she wondered what it was that they were trying to do to her when suddenly her world view changed and she was on her back looking up at herself?

“Now this won’t hurt… well it’s going to hurt, but not a lot I assure you.” Her other self said holding up a scalpel. Grinning widely she lowered the knife, cutting flesh and then pulling it tight as she sung a little tune, “Just a nip and tuck, nip and tuck.”

She screamed but it wasn’t her own voice, it was Moon Dancer’s! This was the memory of when she changed Moon dancer’s face!

“Don’t worry my little Moony, it will be over soon.” Except it wouldn’t be, it would be hours before she would be done. Every second, every minute, was nothing but pain and she had to endure it all, just as Moon Dancer did.

There was another flash and Maddie found herself in a different situation, but one just as familiar and she was cold, so cold!

“Now watch what happens when I do this!” Her father said excitedly, a younger version of herself standing eagerly beside them as they worked together to create Tundra. She let out a wailing scream as icily bolts of electrically assaulted her body. She let out another scream and cried for her father to stop, but he didn’t. He just smiled and continued, letting her younger self take the lead at certain points. Maddie felt the probe she had stuck into Tundra’s side, she remembered it well, she had accidentally hit Tundra’s voice box on her fifth stab, and it had never healed, leaving the ice girl nearly mute.

“Do you understand?” A voice said from above as the scene changed again. “Do you understand what you’ve done?”

Maddie croaked back a sob. She wanted to scream yes, she understood what she did wrong, but she couldn’t her mouth was gagged. Her eyes widened in fear, she knew what was about to happen.

A teenage version of her stood in front her with her father next to her. In the teen Maddie’s hand rested a vile of glowing red liquid. Maddie looked at the mirror placed above her, it was Kerosene’s face. The needle stabbed her in the side of her breast near her heart. She could feel the burning sensation of the serum flooding into her blood system. Tears rolled down her face, turning to streams of liquid fire, soon followed by the rest of her body as her flesh slowly blackened and burned away. The pain was indescribable.

“I’M SORRY! I REALLY AM! PLEASE STOP!”

Maddie come to back in the alley. Her breath was labored as her brain it tried process all the painful memories she now had. She experienced it all. Every evil thing she had ever done to someone else. It wasn’t just the moments that she was personally done it either; she got to feel everything the person had experienced before and after. She saw their lives, their loved ones that searched desperately for them, and what happened to them. In every sense of the word, she had been them.

Falling against the ground, Maddie curled up into a ball with a croak and a sob, “Do whatever you want. I deserve it.”

It was Mac stepped forward and offered a hand to her. Hesitantly she took it and he pulled her up to her feet where she stood waiting for their judgement.

Mac let out a slow breath and placed a hand on Maddie’s shoulder, “Ah can’t say I don’t want to punch you square in the face for what you’ve done, but given that Sunset and the Sirens have both tried to take over the world. You deserve the same chance as they got to reform and make up for your past crime and do some good for once. Ah can’t say I can forgive you at this very moment, but maybe someday I could, as long as you keep on the straight and narrow.”

“And want are you going to do with me? Turn me in to the authorities? You certainly could, even without the magic stuff I could easily be placed in prison for any number of things.”

“No, I have a different prison in mind; one closer to home, where I can keep an eye on ya.”

Author's Note:

One more chapter to go