• Published 3rd Jan 2016
  • 494 Views, 6 Comments

The day Twilight saved love - TwiwnB



Twilight was only there to get advices on her love for Flash Sentry, but then stuff happened and, on that day, Twilight had to save love itself.

  • ...
9
 6
 494

A loathsome day in Equestria

It was a loathsome day in Equestria. Everything had gone wrong for Twilight, from the burnt toast in the morning to the coffee she had just spilled on the new book she had just book as a replacement for the one she actually wanted but was out of order. Also, the air was cold, the rain outside was making fun of her and she couldn’t remember where she had left the keys of the castle.

She did the only thing she could in such circumstances:

“Spiiiiike!” She called.

“Yes, I’m here, me, Spike, ready to serve.” replied the dragon while running into the room.

His sight seemed weird to Twilight for a moment, as if something was off, but she was wise enough to know it was just her mind playing tricks on her. That or Spike had grown quite a bit lately, in which case she would have to throw him a party to celebrate. She knew she should really take more time for her assistant.

But for the time being, she had to focus on the important things:

“Spike, glad you’re here. I feared you had already left to see tonight’s big hoofball match with Big Mac.”

“Nope, I haven’t left five minutes ago.” Spike replied. “I’m right here in front of you.”

“So, here is what I need your help for…” Twilight began.

“You need vacations!” Spike interrupted her.

“What?”

“You need vacations. You haven’t taken one in ages. What about the crystal empire? I’m sure it would be perfect.”

Twilight looked at Spike. Or more precisely, through Spike because she was thinking about that new idea of taking vacations and her eyes must have been really tired due to how weird Spike was looking. In fact, there was something really weird:

“Didn’t we go to the beach two weeks ago?”

“Hum… sure, yes, of course.” Spike responded. “But it doesn’t count, because it’s not the crystal empire. You need real vacation. Like in the crystal empire.”

“Yeah, you’re right: maybe I could go back to vacation. I mean, things are pretty slow lately, so I guess it wouldn’t matter too much. I could use the occasion to visit Trottingham.”

“No, not Trottingham! The crystal empire. I… I heard there is an outbreak of ponysiatis in Trottingham, they are under quarantine. Can’t go there.”

“Oh, I didn’t know that. I hope they are alright. Well, I guess I should take the time to go visit my parents in Canterlot. They will be so happy to see me!”

But Spike didn’t seem ready to let her go see her parents. The weird looking dragon jumped on her and grabbed her head, catching instantly her full attention:

“You are going to take vacation to the crystal empire, understood?” Spike ordered. “You go tonight, I’ve already reserved your seat on the train and prepared your luggage.”

“Alright, alright.” Twilight replied. “If it’s that important to you Spike, we can go to the crystal empire.”

“Good.” The dragon responded, getting off Twilight. “Once you arrive, you have to immediately take contact with a very good friend of mine. He is a royal guard in the palace. His name is Flash Sentry, please remember it. He will explain everything.”

Twilight gasped. Her whole body shivered, trembled, and the ground disappeared under her hooves as she descended into an invisible slide covered in honey straight in the direction of a bright and welcoming light surrounded by delightful slow songs whispering to her ears and gently caressing them with a tickling feeling that found its way right to her stomach.

“Twilight Sparkle? Are you alright? Please be alright!”

Spike’s voice, distorted by her feelings to the point of feeling like that of a stranger, reached Twilight and brought her back to reality.

“I’m going to see him again!” Twilight giggled. “But no! I can’t. He probably doesn’t even remember me. And what would I tell him? Oh no, this is a disaster. What am I going to do? Spike, what should I do?”

She turned to the dragon on her side who was just too confused to know what to respond. Instinctively, he just said:

“I’m Spike.”

“I know!” Twilight suddenly shouted. “I should have done that so much sooner. I’ll ask Cadance for advice. She will know what to do. It was so obvious. Oh thank you Spike, you’re the best. Let’s go immediately.”

Once again, the dragon was too confused to know what to respond, so he just said:

“Yes, I’m Spike.”

At that moment, the sound of the main door opening reached the room and, alerted by that sound, Spike suddenly panicked.

“I’ve got to go. Don’t forget: go to the crystal empire, find Flash Sentry.”

Spike then took a grappling hook from under his back, shot the roof and disappeared through a window, just before innocently reappearing through the room’s door.

“Hey Twilight. I won’t bother you too long, but I’ve forgotten the chips in my room. Can’t watch hoofball without chips, right?”

Twilight looked up, to where her assistant had disappeared, then back to the same assistant that had just entered, then decided that Spike had the right to act as weirdly as he wanted and that it was probably just another dragony thing she would never understand.

“So you’re staying here to see the match? What about our journey to the crystal empire?”

“Our what now?” Spike asked.

Twilight decided not to insist. If Spike wanted to stay, it was his right. He had probably planned not to come from the very beginning anyway.

“As you wish, I understand.” Twilight replied.

“You do?”

“Of course. Now, please excuse me, but I don’t want to miss my train. Have fun with you hoofball match, okay?”

“I sure will…” Spike replied, while watching Twilight leave.

He made a first movement to follow her, but then stopped. He turned back, made a new movement toward the kitchen and stopped again. Words were echoing into his head. Crystal empire, journey, understand. Well, he certainly didn’t.

The growling of his stomach decided for him. He shrugged his shoulders and went to grab his chips.