• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 831 Views, 33 Comments

Trapped In Canterlot - TartarusFire



A gift is bestowed from birth to a pony. This is his or her True Name. She was given a name that would sunder her life.

  • ...
1
 33
 831

C24 - Mondays...

Twilight had been speaking a storm of words, most of them theories and leads. And yet, she was getting to a point, worthy of any college thesis.

"So, after researching acupuncture diagrams, I was sure that magic flows through all living beings. However, it appears that in pony diagrams, the magic is slower, and feeds into a pony. I think we are like capacitors for magic in that respect. But why does this happen only to the severity that it does in ponies?"

Princess Celestia was taken aback. Even after all the times Twilight had broken new ground in a field of study, the insight was astonishing. "I take it that’s where you were ‘interrupted’ by Spike?"

"Yeah, but I also hit a dead end in the live subject portion, so it wasn’t too bad of an interruption."

"Astounding." The Princess drank some tea which had been delivered shortly after the hug they shared. "However, I have a confession to make Twilight."

Twilight scrunched her muzzle from the thought.

"Well, first off I should say that you should pay more attention to this conversation Spike, I bet it was you who told Twilight that I was angry in the first place." The purple pair blushed due to their respective follies. "The ethics and privacy discussion we had at lengths previously was a little bias, I must admit. However, I did not wish for the circumstantial evidence to suggest otherwise, so you would fully understand what was important.

"The guard that went missing was quite strange." She sipped her tea, empty and paused to refill her own cup, as well as her companions’ cups. "The castle staff had received a tip off from a well-grounded pony about some strange circumstances surrounding him and his foal, now old enough to be considered a filly. The tip would have caused the discussion to be a moot point, as I had the moral authority to issue a legal search in the morning on Saturday. I waited until the later hours and use the Night Guard to prevent any unwelcomed panic, and as you probably don’t know, an event happened which has been causing an agony of work recently.

"This event happened yesterday, or rather this morning, as one of the Night Guard’s squads of thestrals intercepted a violent action in the city..." Celestia stopped, almost revealing more than she had intended. "In any case I am dealing with the situation, and the point was that if you had known about the tip and its repercussions, your lesson would have been wasted."

A tense moment fizzled out as everyone present had continued to eat and drink through the silence. This was one of the reasons why Celestia always had food at important meetings or in general with any stressful talk.

Twilight levitated her teacup down and finished eating. "So, is there anything you would like me to do, Princess?"

"Dear heavens, no." She waved her hoof dismissively. "It’s... complicated but I assure you, it is being dealt with safely, and efficiently. Honestly, I am looking forward to your research. I know you have.. excelled at the normal curriculum in my school, so I would like to hear more about your thesis."

"It’s a thesis?!" Twilight lurched upwards and nervously stepped in place. "Oh, oh no! I’ve got to rework my entire basis! I’ve got to just.. just.. DOCUMENT IT ALL!" She laughed as her hair lost its neatness, hair springing out of place, becoming frazzled.

"Twilight, Twilight! Stop right now!" Celestia forced Twilight to sit down with her magic. "I’m sorry if I used the wrong words. Now can you please calmly explain what you had already planned?"

She was still breathing rapidly, but the almost a mare, spoke with confidence. "I was. Making a study based on population statistics and live test subjects. So it could be applied with greater generalization." Satisfied with her words, she had noticeably relaxed under the golden aura of magic.

Celestia released her hold and sighed. "I’m sorry about that Twilight, but you should light up a little." Twilight nodded. "I am truly interesting in your study. Honestly, the subject has never been approached due to closed mindedness about other species, so I am genuinely happy in you to prove yourself above such things."

They hugged for a moment, forgetting Spike was in the room who had turned around, embarrassed. He was also eating a sandwich of his own making.

"Oh, yes Spike." He turned to face her. "I said you should also listen in because I know how perceptive you are. However, I just want you to know that it’s not always about you two should I be angry or irritated."

Twilight stepped back sheepishly from Celestia. "Actually, he did try to mention that you may not be angry at me, but I kind of zoned out with running all over from the library."

This time it was Celestia’s turn to elegantly scrunch her nose, elegant from practicing for decades in front of a mirror. "Then Spike... you have had your first step in running a country when you become a princess – prince."

"Eh, sure." He spit out a few pieces of bread. "I think I’m about full though."

"Spike’s right, Princess! We could be doing so much more research by thus point!" She levitated spike after he swallowed his last bite of sandwich. "Come on Spike, there’s no time to lose!"

"Ahh!" He coughed and felt nauseated, "Couldn’t we—" He held his mouth from accidentally belching some food back up "—take it slower on the way back?"

"Nope!" She bounced, much to his aggravation. "Bye Princess!" She left in a flurry of blue and magenta hair.

Spike yelled from around the corner, "I hate Mondays!"

Twilight could be heard chastising him, "But Spike, Mondays are the most productive day in the average work week!"



Overall the situation had gone rather well. However, there were quite a few blunders when compared to other proceedings. Celestia sighed. "Mondays..."



***



Laceration rubbed his sore jaw from Patience’s punch, "Mondays..."



***



The guards keeping the scene cordoned off had been waiting for fifteen minutes, far longer than it should’ve taken the relief guards from the castle to come. The sergeant sighed, "Mondays..."



***



Squad N9 was nearly completely asleep in their detention cell. All things considered, it was a nice cell with bedding for ten ponies. The thestral Commander sighed. "Still stuck in here..." He dozed off into the pile of bat ponies which were already asleep. "Mondays..."

Author's Note:

Obligatory Monday reference. No matter what has happened, you can always rely on May to be the worst Downer you can imagine.

Awkward Celestia is written.