• Published 2nd Jan 2016
  • 357 Views, 0 Comments

Magic Paint Brushes 4 - Ugly-Duckling123



It's the kids 5th birthday, and their parents thought a visit to see the ponies would be a good gift, but then an old enemy comes back...

  • ...
 0
 357

Chapter 2

Over at the TV Studio, Jack and Suzy were just coming off the set and reuniting with their kids and best friends/family Sarah and Eric.

"I have this feeling one of you three asked that women to ask us what our plans were didn't you?" Jack asked eyeing his children as if there were in a police line up.

"She/He/She did it Papa" the three of then said together pointing to each other in a triangle.

"Hope ours don't end up like them when they come right Sarah..." Eric whispered into his fiance's ear. He had proposed to her a few months ago - well he proposed twice, once in Equestria and once here at the top of a carnivals ferries wheel.

"Going by the 'Runs-In-The-Family' trait my side has I seriously doubt it," Sarah said back holding the hand of the shyest of he second-cousins Emma, who was sucking her thumb again after accusing her sister.

"While I admit it was very clever, cunning and sneaky to get someone else to do your job for you," Suzy said coming down to her children's eye level "One it's bad to do that, and two it wouldn't of worked anyway."

"Sworry Mammy," the three said looking to their toes.

"In fact," Suzy said getting up a smirk on her face and looking to Jack "I don't think they should get what we were planning on giving them anymore because of this. Do you Jack?"

"As a matter of fact, no I do not, Love Bug," Jack said playing along trying not to laugh at his children's shocked faces.

"But... But then we wont get anything until Christmas and that's AGES away Papa," Emma said speaking up, her eyes growing wide and lip trembling, as Billy and Sophie began to fight each other saying 'It was their fault'.

"How about you just take away their dessert for tonight, Jack," Sarah said lifting Emma to her hip to cheer her up. "Besides with the idea I have on what their gift will be, I doubt there are people who would want you to do this other then your kids."

"Hmm... No dessert, or No birthday surprise..." Jack said getting into his thinking pose and tapping his foot, Sophie and Billy coming to a halt and quick as a whip coming off each other and dusting themselves down and looking up at their dad with big pleading eyes. "What do you think Eric?"

"Hey I don't want any part in this," Eric said halfway through a mug of coffee. "You can't decide flip a coin."

"Fine..." Jack said digging into his pocket to pull out his flipping coin. "Heads dessert, Tails birthday seem fair?" he asked looking around to everyone though Sarah just rolled her eyes recognizing the coin as his double-headed one, but stayed quiet."

With a flick of his thumb, Jack caught the coin again slammed it onto his hand then peeked underneath. "Well it seems kids..." he said sounding dreary making the children worried "That it's... Heads! You'll get your surprise after all."

"YEAH!" Billy and Sophie cried out while Emma just went "Yay..." she was always the quiet one out of the three of them.


That night at the hotel they were all staying at together, the grownups were having a meeting after they put the kids to sleep.

"So let me guess..." Sarah said going back to the conversation they had that morning "The surprise will be having their birthday in Equestria right?"

"Not just any part of Equestria my dear cousin," Jack said in his 'Old English' voice "But the Crystal Empire. We thought that now Sombra's gone, and we always go to either Ponyville or Canterlot, it will be a nice change," he explained.

"And my guess is Pinkie's planning something big for their big day..." Eric said leaning back against his chair and arms crossed a smirk on his face.

"Well it was either her or Cheese Sandwich," Suzy said answering straight away "But although Cheese said he wanted to work with Pinkie again, he was getting a calling from somewhere else for a three way Cuteceanera."

"And you gave a Pinkie Promise to be there which is why you used you special coin right?" Sarah asked.

"No," Jack said trying to look innocent "I was using that coin because I didn't want my kids to wait ages for presents."

"You spoil them Jack Jones," Sarah and Eric say together.

Just then there was a knock on the door.

All looking confused at each other, sure they put up the 'Do Not Disturb' sign they watched as Jack got up and went to answer the door.

As he opened it there was a man, maybe in his early thirties, with long black hair he had in a pony-tail to keep it out of his face and bright green eyes, wearing a black leather jacket, a red shirt, and black trousers and trainers, around his neck he wore a crystal on a chain.

"May I help you?" Jack asked waving at the others to one of them check on the kids and the others to stay put, not liking the look of this guy.

"Hello, my name is Alex," the man said introducing himself "I saw you on the news this morning, and may I say I look forward to reading the stories to my children when I get my copy."

"Look Sir," Jack said stopping 'Alex' there "If all you want is a free copy intending on getting it with praise... My wife and I are not like that and our children are in bed so if you'd be so kind..."

"Oh you misunderstand me Jackson Jones," Alex said keeping the door open "No What I've come here for is to belay a few gifts I got the tykes for their birthday that was mentioned on the show as well," he said holding up his bag that he had in his hand, a kind but looking forced smile on his face.

Not sure what to do Jack looked over his shoulder at Sarah and Eric - Suzy went to check the kids, and gave a questioning look.

"It would be rude... not to accept them I suppose," Sarah said in an unsure voice.

"As long as we check them first, I don't really see anything wrong," Eric said having learnt from is uncle who had up to five months in hospital, when something like this happened to him, not to accept gifts from strangers.

"Fine we'll take the gifts. And we will give them to them tomorrow," Jack said holding his hand out.

"I understand," Alex said nodding and handing the bag over. "Just so you know I know their names from the paper, in case you're worried I've been spying on you," he said nodding to the presents. "Well see you around and hope they have a great birthday," he said waving as he left the doorway and went down the corridor.

Coming back into the room Jack went over to the table and spilt out the gift-bag onto it.

Inside was a diary, a doll, and a sketch pad and set of pencils.

At first glance nothing seemed off, but all three of them had a feeling in their bellies that there was something... off about that guy they just didn't know what it was.

o0o

Outside Sombra was looking up to the window that was to the room of the Jones' and smirked. "And let the fun... Begin." he said his face turning more evil than it had ever been in this world as he let off his dark chuckle and walked off into the shadows of the night.