• Published 5th Feb 2016
  • 3,095 Views, 197 Comments

I Don't Need a Love Potion to Love You - Night Flight



Have you ever thought that how a simple potion can change everyone's lives? If not, then here you go, and even if you had, still, HERE WE GO!

  • ...
9
 197
 3,095

5-Day One

“Ooooh! I’m so excited!” said Sunset excitedly. “Not only is today start of Hearts & Hooves week, but also is start of my exper-”

“Shhh! Do you wanna spoil everything?” said Bluey quickly.

“Oh, right,” said Sunset with a chuckle.

“Let’s look at it this way, we have four chocolate deliveries for Hearts and Hooves gifts. And it’s only that,” said Bluey.

“Hmm, well it is a way to look at it. And it’s better than anything. At least we’re not lying,” stated Sunset.

“HEY GUYS!” shouted a voice from their behind.

Bluey flinched as she heard the voice and turned around with wide eyes but Sunset only answered, “Good morning Pinkie.”

“Oooh! Oooh! Is that chocolate you girls have?” she asked excitedly as she saw four boxes in Sunset and Bluey’s hands.

“Yeah, it is. But we can’t give them to you,” replied Sunset as she saw the eager look on her friend’s face. “We have to deliver them to their owners.”

“Aww… too bad. But their owners must be super lucky,” said Pinkie at first with a sad voice and then with her always cheerful voice.

“Yeah, super lucky,” replied Sunset with an evil smirk. Bluey frowned and quickly kicked her foot. Sunset quickly got the message and with a cough turned serious again. “Anyways, as I told you, we have to give this to their owners so bye for now.”

“Okie, dockie, lookie! Bye for now,” said Pinkie as she started bouncing away.

“Whew, it was a close one,” said Bluey as she saw Pinkie fading from her view.

“Yep. So now what?” exclaimed Sunset.

“Well, we’ll only stick to the plan. I’ll go to girls…” said Bluey.

“… and I’ll go to boys,” continued Sunset with a sad face. “Can’t you change yours with me?”

“Let me think…” said Bluey. Then she grinned and looked at Sunset. “Um… no.”

“Aww…”

“C’mon! Live it up! Weren’t you excited a minute ago?”

Sunset’s face quickly lit up as she remembered her previous excitement. “YEEEES!”

“Then let’s go!”


“Am I really gonna do that?” asked Soarin worriedly.

“Yes, you’re gonna do that,” answered Spitfire.

“But no. I won’t do that.”

“Okay, so don’t.”

“So much of the big sister support. You’re not helping AT ALL. You did realize that right?” said Soarin flatly.

“Yep, I did,” she answered indifferently.

“So shut up at least at let me think,” stated Soarin. Then he closed his eyes tightly and started ‘thinking’. “I’LL DO IT! No, I won’t. But wait… maybe I’ll do it. Nonono. I CAN’T! But…”

“If you’re done ‘thinking’,”-said Spitfire with a roll of eyes- “It wouldn’t hurt if you shut up and listen up to your sister for once. If you really, truly care for her, if you wanna see her smile, if you get happy with her smile… then do it and don’t waste even a second.”

Soarin who was holding his head in his hands to think lift it up and stared at his sister. “Okay… I’ll do it. And this time it’s for sure.”

“Then go ahead. We’ve been standing in front of her locker for like… ten minutes or so. Other students are getting suspicious. Quick!” she said quickly.

He turned his head around and checked their spot. They were in one of school halls, right in front of Rainbow’s locker. In front of her locker was a stack of gifts, chocolate boxes and flowers.

‘Whoa, she sure has a lot of lovers,’ thought Soarin. With a punch from his sister he came back to reality and quickly started his job with the string he had in his hands. He put the string in the lock of the locker and tried to open the locker with that. After working for a minute or two, locker opened with a click sound.

Spitfire whistled upon seeing the little show. “You sure have a wonderful talent of rubbery!”

He looked at her with crossed arms and raised eyebrow and said, “Again, thank you for your very deep sisterly feelings.”

“You’re welcome,” she answered with a smirk. “NOW DO IT ALREADY!”

Soarin rolled his eyes and grabbed the items that her sister was holding and placed every single of them in the locker. A big heart shaped box, a card that had his name on it and finally, a very beautiful and of course expensive rainbow rose. They were the things that were laying in her locker.

“I never found out where did you get that chocolate anyway?” asked Spitfire suddenly.

“Oh that? Well I was lucky enough and saw Sunset Shimmer yesterday. She said that she’ll be selling chocolates for Hearts & Hooves week so I bought one. It’s much better than buying it from store. At least I didn’t forget to bring it since she gave it to me just today,” explained Soarin as he locked the locker again.

“RAINBOW ROSES ARE BEAUTIFUL!” shouted Fleetfoot from down the hall.

“Uh-oh,” said Spitfire. “Fleetfoot signaled. Someone’s coming this way. C’mon Soar! Hurry!”

“I’m done. Let’s go,” he said as he started walking to where Fleetfoot was staring at them nervously.

“We’re going to your locker right?” asked Spitfire.

“Yeah. Why?”

“I guess it’s time to see if number of Fury’s gifts are as much other girls or is just equals. We all know that it’s never less!”

Soarin only chuckled and walked along his sister to his locker. Fortunately, they didn’t have to go a long way. All they had to do was turning a corner.

Unfortunately, huge surprises were waiting for him there… or maybe fortunately?


“Ya sure ya can do it?” asked Applejack as she glanced at her rainbow haired friend.

“AHEM! This is Rainbow Dash you’re talking about. Of course I can,” said Rainbow as she tried to open the locker with a string she had in her hand. “Now, I need concentration so be quiet.”

“Fine. Let’s see where does this go,” replied Applejack with a huff. Soon, she was bored of standing there quiet so she started scanning the place. Rainbow Dash and she were at the middle of schools hallway, in front of Soarin’s locker.

Applejack stared at Rainbow who was working hardly on the locker. She did try telling her doing this is wrong but she paid no attention and there they were. All Applejack wanted to do was showing Rainbow that she’ll finally get in trouble.

On the other side, Rainbow was trying her best to open the locker. She had done it on her brother’s room when he didn’t let her in because of his angriness at her. At those times, she opened the locker with a string and entered. Then she stayed there until her brother and she became friends.

But she had never did this in any kind of locker. So working on schools locks was something new for her. In fact, for her, it was a challenge and when did Rainbow turned a challenge down? It wasn’t going to happen this time either.

“What are you doing?” someone whispered in Rainbow’s ear.

Rainbow gasped and quickly lifted her head but her scared face quickly turned to an angry one as she recognized the owner of voice. “Rapid! What the hell?”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, watch your language sis,” he said with a grin. Yeah… it was true. Rainbow’s brother who was ready to support her anywhere was none other than Rapid Fire. At the first look no one thought this brother and sister would actually ‘support’ each other due to their fights but when hard times arrive everything change and anyone can see their love for each other.

However, since hard times hadn’t arrived yet, Rainbow glared at him and continued her job. “I didn’t hear an answer. What are you doing?” asked Rapid again.

“I don’t think it’s any of your business,” answered Rainbow flatly.

“C’mon. I already apologized for… that,” said Rapid.

“Just go away. Someone will get over protective when he hear what I’m doing,” replied Rainbow with a small frown.

“Fine. Don’t say anything. It’s already obvious that you’re trying to open Soarin’s locker to place his Hearts & Hooves gift there,” said Rapid with a grin. Suddenly, Rainbow groaned and stared at him with a hard glare. “Someone’s calling me. Bye!” he said quickly as he saw the look in her sister’s face. After saying that, he ran away and got out of her sight as soon as he could.

She only rolled her eyes and worked harder until a short ‘click’ was heard and locker opened. “YES!” she shouted happily.

“Hurry up. We don’t so much time. That boyfriend of yers can be here in any second,” said Applejack.

“I told you. WE’RE. ONLY. FRIENDS!” said Rainbow. “But since it’s not important now, gimme those things.” She didn’t even wait for a response and grabbed the item in Applejack’s hands right away. Then she placed them in the locker and looked at her job. A heart shaped box, a card and another box in smaller size and with a bow tie on it. “Done. Let’s go.”

“I LOVE CHERRYCHANGAS!” shouted Pinkie from down the hall.

“It’s Pinkie’s signal. Someone familiar’s comin’ this way. Hurry girl,” said Applejack quickly.

“Fine, fine, let’s go.”

“I said, I LOVE CHERRYCHANGAS!” screamed Pinkie again.

“But I love cupcakes more than that,” said Rainbow to Pinkie. It was another sign which meant, ‘We’re done working’. “Who’s coming here?” whispered Rainbow as Applejack and she stood next to Pinkie.

“That meanie Fury,” answered Pinkie with a stuck out tongue.

“Then we gotta hurry. We all know what an idiot she can be,” said Applejack with a frown.

“NO WAIT!” shouted Pinkie suddenly. “I feel a twitch. It’s my Pinkie sense. It’s saying that… SOMEONE’S TRYING TO OPEN DASHIE’S LOCKER!” screamed Pinkie.

“We REALLY gotta go now,” said Rainbow as she started to walk fast to where her locker was. Fortunately, it wasn’t too far away from Soarin’s locker. All she had to do was turning a corner and then she would be at her locker soon.

“RAINBOW ROSES ARE BEAUTIFUL!” shouted Fleetfoot as she saw Rainbow and her friends getting close to there.

“Huh?” said Rainbow with a confused face. “Did you lose your mind or anything Fleet?”

Fleetfoot chuckled awkwardly. “Whaaaat? Of course no. I was just… saying my opinion about rainbow roses. Don’t you think they’re beautiful?”

“Uh… yeah, I guess,” answered Rainbow with as she looked weirdly at Fleetfoot who was grinning from ear to ear. “Anyway, we gotta go. I have to check my locker.”

“Oh, really? Why?”

“Because I have to,” stated Rainbow flatly. Then a little frown appeared on her face as she said, “Wait a second…” Fleetfoot’s eyes went wide just as she heard those simple words. “… Why are you so weird today?”

“Weird? Me? Nooo,” said Fleetfoot. “Didn’t you want to go?”

“Oh, right. Bye for now,” said Rainbow as she started walking to the corner. She was about to turn the corner when someone walked into her and they bumped into each other.

“Whoa!”

“Ouch!”

A hand wrapped around Rainbow and prevented her from falling. “Hey Rainbow,” said the owner of hand.

Rainbow who had closed her eyes uncontrollably opened them and stared at the pair of grey eyes that were sparkling at her. She smiled and answered, “Oh hello Dark Night.” Then she stood upright again.

Dark Night… he was a stalker. Well, not completely. He was actually nice and just seemed to be so in love with Rainbow. But Rainbow never cared about him and deep in her heart hated him. But since he’d never did anything bad to her, she couldn’t be rude to him.

The real problem wasn’t that. It was that whenever Rainbow saw this guy, Soarin was with her and he would never ever let him say a word wrong. She never thought that one day she has to deal with him alone cause no matter how nice he looked, he was a true pain.

“Oh! Now that you’re here, I was wondering… if you can be my date for the celebration?” he asked politely and with a smile.

There she go… “No,” said a voice from her behind. Rainbow quickly turned around and saw the person who talked. She grinned as she saw her friend standing there but Dark Night sure didn’t do the same. He frowned as he saw Soarin frowning back at him.

“You…” muttered Dark Night. “You can’t decide for her you know,” he said calmly.

“Yes, he can’t,” Rainbow spoke up suddenly. Soarin’s eyes went wide just as he heard her. On the other side, a winning smile formed on Dark Night’s lips. She didn’t pay attention to any of them, she just walked to Soarin and stood next to him. “But he can when I don’t want either,” she said with a cold tone to Dark Night. “And if you excuse me now, I have a job to do.”

She didn’t wait for any answer or response. She just grabbed her friends’ wrist and started heading to where she was few minutes ago.

“Wow girl, ya did well,” commented Applejack as they arrived in front of Rainbow’s locker. “Ah can’t believe this idiot is still after ya. Ah mean, ah thought that he already knew ya have a boyfriend. Although it’s not true.”

“Yeah. I thought the same but it looks like he has more courage than what we thought,” said Rainbow.

“Aww… this means that another meanie is added to my list of meanies,” said Pinkie.

“What list?” asked Applejack.

“THIS list,” answered Pinkie as she pulled a long scroll out from her bag pack and showed it to her.

“Ah don’t even wanna know…” said Applejack as she scanned the long scroll.

“However, we’re here,” said Rainbow. “With… a huge pile of flowers and chocolates and gifts.”

“Flowers go in mom’s little garden as always. I’ll get the gifts for myself and… you know what happens to the chocolates!” said a voice from Rainbow’s behind.

“Look who’s here. Mr. Bug,” said Rainbow with a frown.

Rapid Fire who was talking with a grin on his face pouted as he heard what she said. “Aw come on girl! What else should I do to be friend with you again?” Rainbow glared at him and turned her head away from him. He did nothing but sigh. “Too bad, I wanted to give this to you when we were friends again but here you go,” he said as he hold a box in his hands. Rainbow’s attention was quickly drawn to him as he said the words. She grinned and grabbed the box right away. “Happy Hearts & Hooves Week lil’ sis!”

She didn’t wait for anything or anybody. She didn’t even response. She just tore up the wrapping as soon as it was placed in her hands. “YOU’RE AWESOME!” shouted Rainbow happily as she grinned at the mp3 player that were laying in her hands.

“I know, I know, no need for telling me every day,” he answered as he bowed to the fake crowd. When he opened his eyes, he was met with Rainbow’s raised eyebrow. That was always a warning to him so he quickly added, “Never mind. By the way, are we...”

“Fine, friends again,” continued Rainbow with a smile. Then she grinned excitedly and continued, “Are we gonna do the mix-up this year too?”

“Just like last years,” he answered with a grin.

“Aren’t ya gonna open that locker?” asked Applejack.

“Riiiight! We’ve been here for this the whole time,” said Rainbow in realization. She reached for her keys that were in her pocket and opened her locker with it. Rapid and Rainbow’s friends could see Rainbow as her eyes grew wider and wider as she stared at her locker, or rather the items in her locker.

“Wow, they’re soooo pretty!” said Pinkie happily.

“I… know,” answered Rainbow with a little smile. She extended her hand and grabbed the card that was before the other items. Then she opened the card and started reading it:

“Ooh! Looks like someone got a love letter,” said Pinkie in a singy song voice.

“And her boyfriend’s tryin’ to get her outta her shell,” continued Applejack with a wink.

“WHAT? Stop it guys. How many times do I have to repeat it? WE’RE. ONLY. FRIENDS.”

“We’re only friends but I wish we were moooore!” said Rapid dramatically.

“Aaaaand, we have a new member to our SoarinDash shipper group!” said Pinkie with a grin.

“To our what group?” asked Applejack as she gave Pinkie a weird look.

“Forget it. It’s higher than your apprehension,” she replied as she looked at them with a sorry look.

“Well, that pretty flower shows that even if you don’t love him like THAT, he does. Guys don’t buy super expensive flowers for a random girl and for no specific reason,” he said and grabbed the rainbow rose.

“C’mon. Don’t say nonsense. Of course I’m not just an ordinary girl to him. I’m his best friend by the way.”

“I don’t know. But usually guys don’t do it for their friend who’s a girl. They more do it for they’re girlfriends.”

“But skipping that, those chocolates does look tasty,” said Pinkie as she drowned at the sight of chocolate box.

“Don’t even think of sharing it with you cause I won’t,” said Rainbow as she hide the box behind her.

“She’s right Pinks. She doesn’t wanna share her loves gift with anyone!” said Applejack teasingly and with a wink.

“HEY!” shouted Rainbow. “WE’RE. JUST. FRIENDS!” she screamed with a frown. “Why should I even care about you? It’s mine and I won’t share it with anyone else.” She opened and stared at the delicious looking chocolates. She smiled and stuffed three of them in her mouth and munched happily on them.


“Hmm… I don’t why I feel like someone had done what I did for myself…” muttered Soarin as Spitfire and he started making their way to his locker.

“Which one? You’d done a lot of crap you know,” said Spitfire with a chuckle.

He rolled his eyes. “Those gift things.”

“I’m not gonna answer this one. Cause it’s already obvious. I won’t be surprised if someone actually did that,” answered Spitfire impatiently.

“Yeah,” mumbled Soarin as he reached for his keys in his pocket. Then he opened the locker with them.

Suddenly someone gasped from their behind. “That’s awesome!”

“Some manners Fleet. Some manners,” said Spitfire with a roll of eyes. Then both of them stared at Soarin who was reading a card in his hands. Fleetfoot and Spitfire both stared at the card along with Soarin and started reading it with him:

“Aww, looks like she’s really in love with you. She sent you a love letter!” commented Fleet.

“First, I think we talked about it Fleet. Second, it’s just a friendly letter. What part of it is similar to a love letter?” said Soarin.

“First, fiiiiine! Second, don’t you so those cute little hearts? And that gift?” said Fleetfoot.

“I know that I promised that I won’t talk about it again but I REALLY agree with Fleet on this one,” said Spitfire with a smile.

“I’ll open up this gift to prove both of you that she’s only being my best friend,” said Soarin confidently.

“We’ll see,” said Spitfire.

“Fine, we’ll see,” answered Soarin as he started opening the gift already. Few seconds later, the gift was opened and all that was left in Soarin’s hands was a little sculpture of himself as he was holding a card that was saying, ‘Me and You 4ever!’

“HA!” shouted Fleetfoot. “Told ya.”

“Well looks like this time things didn’t go as you wanted,” said Spitfire with a wink.

“Let’s end this thing fine? Instead, look at those awesome chocolates! I’m really starving,” said Soarin as he tried to change the topic. And it looked like he was successful.

“And I assume that you don’t wanna share it right?” asked Fleetfoot as she stared at the box hungrily.

Soarin grinned. “As your answer, I gotta say; no way,” He grabbed the box and opened it immediately. He didn’t know if it was his stomach taking over or it was the excitement he had in himself. All he knew was that within five seconds he was munching on three chocolates happily.


Twilight smiled happily and walked up to her locker. She had a good feeling about the day. She didn’t know the reason, it more liked that her sixth sense was nagging on her and telling her that the day was just going to be a wonderful one.

She opened her locker to place her books inside when the sight before her made her froze in the place. A heart shaped box, a card and a small gift. She sure didn’t expect this. Usually no one was into her and if anyone was, he gave the gift to him personally. This guy must have been either shy or just wanted to be super mysterious.

However, Twilight grabbed the card and started reading it:

Dear Twilight,

This is the first time I’m sending this kind of letter to you and to anyone else. I’m not trying to be a mysterious, interrupting boy. All I was going to do was wishing you a happy Hearts & Hooves week.

Flash Sentry

P.S. I hope you enjoy your gift.

“Wow,” mumbled Twilight. She never ever expected that Flash would write her a letter and the beginning of Hearts & Hooves week. By the way, he was one of the most famous boys in the entire school. Just as his friend, Soarin, he had quite a lot of fangirls.

She blushed as a girly thought entered her head, ‘He had chosen me among all of those girls,’ she thought as she let out a happy sigh. Few seconds later, she regained her composure and placed the gift in her bag pack.

She didn’t have much time till her next class. She had to open it at another time. Probably after school. But she did open the chocolate box. She was in rush for coming to school and she hadn’t ate much. A chocolate could help her spend the first class easier.

Twilight’s eyes drifted to chocolates that were glimmering from the light that was coming through the windows above her. She picked one and opened her mouth to eat it when suddenly a thought struck her head.

Sunset had given him those chocolates. She knew because she had taken one from her. She too was going to give it to Flash. She shrugged as this thought came to her head, ‘It’s not like there’s some kind of weird potion in this.’

A minute later, all that was left of the chocolate was a little circle due to Twilight’s shoe. From the way Twilight was running away, it was visible that her sixth sense wasn’t right that day.