• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 1,482 Views, 19 Comments

Batmare: Arkham Asylum - TheDarkMare16



Batmare dropped the dangerous Mane-iac in Arkham Asylum but Mane-iac set Batmare up and unleashed a set of surprises for our Dark Mare. Batmare must find Mane-iac in and out of the enormous asylum before Mane-iac wins by unleashing voracious beasts.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,482

Chapter 15: Surgery Room

In the Upper Corridor, I spotted several dead medical doctors lying on the floor with fear in their eyes and bodies bent in morbid angles. Pieces of medical supplies and Mane-iac’s equipment scatter the corridors. What are peculiar of this deranged scene are colored lines that lead to these rooms. Blue, red, and yellow and the two darker lines are lined together at the left side before they separated to their destinations at a crossroad. The yellow one is the longest and the loneliest. I followed the blue and red one that leads to one of the rooms. Unlike the chime, I spotted several monitors mounted on the ceiling, with the announcer speaking its daily speeches.

I followed the red and blue lines that are parallel to each other in the corridor before they are separated horizontally to separate rooms. I followed the red line.

“Will all patients please stay calm and move slowly to their accommodations?” the announcer asked.

“Let me introduce you to the sterling work of our new head of research, Dr. Spring Evergreen. Since joining our team two years ago, Arkham is now the full research of understanding the pony mind,” Sharp announced. The monitor switched to the mare with a red mane and sierra eyes. She looks very young, nineteen-early twenties definitely. She is known as Mane-iac’s psychiatrist amongst the others and the most persistent of all, demanding Mane-iac’s treatment unlike the other psychiatrists.

However, I met at the entrance to the Surgery Room before Evergreen announces her statements. In the room, there is a staircase to my left leading to an upper level of the room. It’s very small and in front of me is a doctor that has a very distinct foreign look, most likely Japanese. He is an elderly pony with a gray hairline and he looks frightened. He appears to be strapped in a gurney in front of mounted TVs that is showing his face. He is amongst an IV machine with bags with various blood samples but they aren’t tied to him. He struggles to get free of the gurney’s strap but to not avail. I walk towards him to help.

“Batmare!” he cried.

“Don’t speak, you’re safe now,” I assured.

“But…it’s a trap!” he cried out.

“I know, just not for me,” I replied. I looked up expectedly and saw the screens switched to the deranged pony.

“So it’s true, you really are the World’s Greatest Detective! How did you do that, Bats? Oh, what the hell, get down there boys. See if she can detect being punched in the face,” Mane-iac asked and ordered. I looked up at the upper floor and spotted several Blackgate inmates looking from the railing. Four of them jumped over and landed in front me, ready for combat.

All of the inmates in here are Earth ponies. I countered a thug by punching his head twice but didn’t knock him down because another one tries to hit me. I countered him by elbowing him in the abdomen and kicking him, knocking him down. I performed an overhead on the first thug. A third one tries to land one but I simply grabbed his hoof and squeezed it tightly with my digits. The feeling makes him kneel down in pain of the squeeze and I kicked him away.

I kicked a knocked down thug again and roundhouse one that is trying to pull an air conditioner from the wall, with the machine rattling when it hits the ground. At response, I threw a batarang at one that is trying to pull another air conditioner from a wall. I kicked two thugs and picked up a third one and threw him across the room. One tries to kick me but I simple grabbed his leg and pushed him to the ground. I knocked out one thug by an overhead and backflip kick one that is trying to pull the machine from the wall again.

I grabbed one pony, threw him over my shoulder and twist his hoof, knocking him out. I spotted more convicts dropping from the railing and Mane-iac spouting again. “What are you waiting for, April Fool’s Day? Get down there now!” Mane-iac ordered loudly. I counted four more Earth ponies dropping for aide. The numbers and strengths do not matter to me.

I countered a thug charging with a Cape Stun and countered another one that is trying to kick me with several punches to the head and kicking him, knocking him out. One tries to buck me but I threw him underneath in the air slightly and punching him in the stomach, easily rendering him unconscious. I picked up the disoriented thug and threw him at another one, knocking the two of them down.

I uppercut one thug that is trying to pry the air conditioner loose from the wall and kicked two thugs down and by instinct, I kicked two thugs. I performed a Ground Takedown on one and quickly countered a punch with a kick to the back. I punched one thug to the ground and performed another Ground Takedown. I roundhouse kick a thug to the head, hearing the satisfying crunching of his bones then I backflip and kicked the last thug in the air, ending the fight. The monitors switched back on.

“Don’t get too full of yourself, Bats. I’m just softening you up, think of this as a preview, to the main event, you’ll see,” Mane-iac said before switching off again. I ignored the comment and rescued Dr. Chen from the gurney. He rose up from the gurney, still laying down but relaxed.

“I’m sorry, I tried to tell you, I couldn’t speak,” he said apologetically.

“Relax, you’re safe now. I can handle these lowlife thugs,” I said.

I walked away from the doctor and left the Surgery Room and back to the Upper Corridor to save two more doctors.