• Published 26th Nov 2015
  • 301 Views, 2 Comments

Flutters of Dr. Pi - Ponyess



Pinkie Pie seems to be the random airhead, but that is just because you can’t see the deeper nuances. Never forgetting, and wisdom beyond Ponies. There is an adventure afoot, on which she is with Fluttershy and a few other of her numerous friends

  • ...
 2
 301

An Episode of Time Turning Heads: 1

Author's Note:

Pinkie Pie's POV

I am trotting along the street of Ponyville leisurely in the sunlight supplied by the benevolent Princess Celestia. Of course, she is just another of my friends; but so is most every Pony else in Equestria.

All of a sudden, I stop short, then stand up and poke the air before me with my right forehoof.


I walk forwards, to the obviously busy Dr. Timeturner Whooves. He is scribbling equations, and sketching complicated diagrams on his whiteboard before him.

After an instant of looking over his work; I start to erase parts of his work, and redrawing it. Bit by bit, I change his work; from what it had been, into what he should have been doing all along.

I am wearing a vest version of a doctor’s coat, with the name Dr. Pi on the upper rim of the chest pocket. Standing behind his right shoulder, as he finally notices the changes of his former work.

“Uh, what are you doing?” he exclaimed in his more agitated voice.

“Just a few minor changes to your work. Your original is on the table, right there!” I prompted, pointing my left hoof towards a large pile of white papers.

“It is?” he responded in confusing, knowing he never had left a written copy of the work; since he had to finish the calculations first.

As he walks to the table, behind where he had been standing; he could clearly see his hoofwriting on the paper on the top as he follows the thoughts, of the process he had just been through.

“You are quite correct, this is what I was working on. But, how could you write out the full work; before I had even written it all out in full on the board?” he inquired.

“A lucky guess, or a crazy hunch. Take your pick!” I prompted with a giggle.

“This is a perfect outline of exactly what I was working on, as far as I had thought it out at the time. Yet, you finished the entire work; right there!” he pointed, now even more agitated than before; even after he had seen that his work had been preserved.

“Yeppers, deppers. I know. Yet, it was flawed, you know!” I pointed out, now pointing towards the next stack of white papers.

The scribbles even tighter, but perfectly calm. The changes clearly in the original. The text is in several colours, marking distinct differences and continuous changes towards a new goal.

“Who wrote this, and who explained these items to you? Dr. Pi, was it?” he now gasped.

“Explaining, why? it was just the natural conclusion of what you were about to say in a few minutes from now!” I put forth.

“Natural conclusions, my left flank. I can clearly see that this is on to something highly complicated. As much of it as I can follow, it is indicating a major breakthrough, a Quantum Leap, as it were. Yet, I can barely follow the tight scribbles, even when it does look like my very own handwriting!” he prompted, in renewed agitation and with added frustration thrown in for good measure.


“I can clearly see that you don’t see the full picture here, but unless you can see more than the instant; how could you possibly see anything the way it actually is. How did you think I could have done everything I am doing every day, if I had not seen a greater picture than that of a mere instant?” I teased him with a wide grin.

“Then you are the pink mare, otherwise commonly known as Pinkie Pie? Are you also the Madam Pinkie?” he pondered.

“That is also me. Yet, I am also Mare-Do-Well, and a few others; not so well-known names!” I elaborated kindly.

“Mare-Do-Well, as in the darkly clad mare who saved the village on numerous occasions when Rainbow Dashes Ego made her act on the greed?” he suggested.

“I was the Pony saving most of the workers, when the building collapsed!” I added.


A strange, mechanical noise was heard within the confines of the Tardis, while I reconfigured into the Mare-Do-Well.

“If you recall me like this?” I then intoned, while wearing the cape and hat from the previous encounter.

“Oh, wait. Yes, I do recall you like this; even if I never knew it was actually you all along!” he added.

“Of course, we kept it a secret to the village. Besides, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle were all in on the deal, helping out in their own respective ways when they were clearly the better Ponies for the tasks at hoof!” I pointed out.

“I guess I could see Rarity’s style in the garb. If Twilight handled the serious magic, when needed; and Fluttershy few in the fly-by; that would explain quite it much better!” he prompted.


“Even if you do see the future; that can never explain, how you could rewrite my original work. I fail to see how you even could follow the original, before I had completed the line of thought!” he exclaim.

“Mathematics and Physics is Foals’ play, when you can see the bigger picture, or compare it to the things Princess Twilight Sparkle is supposed to deal with on a daily basis. Even if she has Spike to help her managing and maintaining the castle!” I pointed out.

“When you put it like that, how did you even manage to enter he Tardis? Besides, why are you still walking around on your hind hooves? You are still the same Pinkie Pie as we see every day in the village of Ponyville, right?” he suddenly gulped in realization.

“Oh, but that is easy. On that note, I guess I have a new sight for your poor eyes to see!” I pointed out.

Then I got down on all my four hooves. The strange mechanical sound is heard once over as I reconfigure to the regular Pinkie Pie.

“I hope you like me like this, then!” I prompted, as I took off with my tail spinning as I fly around his head.

“Now I am torn asunder. I can’t decide which I prefer now. If you are walking by my side, or to see you flying around my head. You are an Earth Pony, just like me, right?” He prompted.

“Yeppers, deppers. Just notice the lack of wings, as well as wings!” I teased him openly.

--- --- ---