• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 1,256 Views, 65 Comments

The Troll Squad - Witching Hour



Squad 12 is generally professional in all their endeavors... But with a particular emphasis on Trolling and *Barely* Toeing the Line.

  • ...
1
 65
 1,256

Pt 2 - Lieutenant Azure Star vs. Second Commander Blaze

“You know, I'm regretting this selection for today.” Captain Spitfire looked at the assembled ponies in the battledome. She had assembled Squads Two, Six, and Twelve for some combat practice today. She let out a sigh as she glared at Squad Twelve.

“What?” Captain Moonbow grinned. “We haven't done anything.”

“...Yet,” Sunshower finished with a grin.

“That's what I'm afraid of. Think you four can behave this time?” Spitfire started to shake up the raffle bowl.

“Yes ma’am!” The squad in question said at the same time with a salute, and a grin. Spitfire just looked at them with a raised eyebrow.

“All right, first round is…” She pulled out a card, “Blaze.”

“Aww yeah!” Blaze grinned and trotted over to the padded armor. “Who do I get to fight today?”

Spitfire let out a soft sigh. “Azure Star,” she responds as she held up another card.

High Winds let out a yawn. “Don't mess her up too badly, Azzy.” She paused to yawn. “We have plans later.”

Azure Star just grinned widely. “That's entirely up to her, but I know she likes it rough.” She trotted over to the armor and started to put it on while Blaze glared at her. After the armor was strapped on, they both trotted out as Spitfire followed.

“Okay, you both know the rules. Five minutes, five count for a pin, or a knockout. Just don't burn the battle dome down... again... We clear?” She glared at the pair.

“One time! Seriously!” Azure Star groaned, then grinned to Spitfire. “She started that flame war anyway.”

“I did not!” Blaze growled. Spitfire sighed and took a few steps back.

“And, begin!” She bounced back and watched as Blaze quickly took the air, charging directly at Azure.

“I'm fairly certain it was your fiery attitude that started it, Blazey,” Azure calmly remarked as she watched Blaze throw the first punch. Azure deflected it and kept on deflecting swing after swing from the enraged mare. “I recall the words, ‘I can make mine bigger,’ but I didn't take you for a size queen!” Blaze growled and kept up the rapid punches as Azure kept dodging or blocking swings with ease. “You know, if you put that much energy into actually fighting, you might be better than Silver, or dare I say, Spitfire!”

Off to the side, Silver nodded slightly. “She’d be right.”

“And when are you going to actually fight?” Blaze demanded as she kept up the rapid assault, and Azure just continued to deflect blow after blow.

“My grandpa always said to wait for an opening, like this.” Azure ducked down to dodge a swing and quickly spun so she was at Blaze’s side. She quickly punched both her hooves forward into her side, then bounced away and stood up with her arms raised defensively, and wearing a grin. “See?”

Blaze slid a little from the attack, but soon resumed the rapid blows again. She eventually got countered again, this time Azure going to her right. Azure landed two more blows before bouncing behind Blaze. Blaze growled and turned to where Azure was standing, only to be confused.

“Where did you go?” Blaze looked around quickly, even turning around fully.

“Why does nopony ever look up?” Blaze heard from above her, before something slammed her to the ground. “Must be because you like being under a pony, huh?” Blaze fumed and tried to shake Azure off of her, only to fail as Azure kept her wings pinned and held her down. Blaze wiggled enough to free an elbow and smack it across Azures face, knocking her off.

Blaze quickly sprung up and pinned her to the ground. “Ha, pinned ya!” she growled as she kept the mare pinned to the ground.

“Aww, Blazey, I knew you liked me! But really, in front of all the others here? Sunny, put those wings away!” Blaze looked over at the confused stallion on the sidelines, and Sunshower glanced over his shoulder.

“But they aren't… Oh!” he protests before the realization finally struck home as Azure took the moment of Blaze's hesitation to knock her away. She bounced off the ground quickly and brought her hooves up to block a swing from Blaze as the enraged mare resumed the attack. Azure ducked under another swing as Blaze flew over, then quickly stood up and rammed her wings into Blaze’s stomach, knocking the wind out of her and making her tumble to the ground.

Azure pounced on Blaze again and kept her pinned to the ground. Spitfire started the countdown again, with Azure simply grinning down at the fuming Blaze.

“And that's five. Azure is the winner,” Spitfire announced as Azure bounced up from pinning the mare. She grinned as Blaze quickly stood up and looked ready to take another swing, but stopped herself and sighed.

“Not worth it,” she grumbled and started walking away.

“Awww,” Azure whined as she followed.

Spitfire just shook her head as she shuffled the bowl again. “And for the next round.” She fished into the bowl, pulling out a pair of cards, then grinned evilly. “Moonbow, and Silver.”

“Horse apples…” Sunshower cursed, giving his twin a consolatory pat on her shoulder. “Moony, my dear, I will miss you.”

Silver grinned and cracked his neck, looking over at the wide-eyed mare as she cursed under her breath. “This'll be good.”

Author's Note:

Azure, being the combat specialist in the Squad, tends to be less of a troll, and more of a taunt, luring her target opponent into making mistakes. :trollestia:

Stay tuned for the chapter featuring Bear Claw!