• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 2,212 Views, 65 Comments

The Foundation - Solar Caesar



Celestia has realized that the time has come. The time has come to share to Twilight and her friends one of the biggest and most classified secrets in equestrian history.

  • ...
2
 65
 2,212

A Bad Composition

Solar took out his light-orange keycard labeled "Level-3". Inserting the card in the slot, he opened the door with ease.

They both went through the checkpoint. Solar closed the door behind him.

"I have a radio here, in case we need to call for help." Solar told her. "Hopefully we won't have to."

They walked down a few winding halls, until they walked to a Tesla gate.

"Can I request the deactivation of Tesla gate 2B?" he said into the radio.

Seconds later, a second voice was heard. "Clearance level and division?"

"Solar Wind, Level-3, Senior Researcher." Solar replied.

A voice was heard on the intercom.

"Control to Solar Wind, Tesla gate disabled."

A red glowing light on the top of the gate turned off.

They walked through a few doors, and winding halls. No doubt about it, Site-19 was a maze.

They walked through a triple-way hall. They were about to continue when they heard a strange...noise. It sounded like it was coming from above their heads.

"Do you hear that?" Twilight asked Solar. "Yeah...what's-" They slowly looked up at the ceiling.

A patch of a strange substance grew on the stone ceiling. It looked eerily similar to the substance that SCP-106 was covered in.

A body dropped from the patch to the floor with a loud fwumpf. Twilight jumped back in fear, and Solar stepped back. The body was horribly disfigured, covered in 106's black substance. The body was of a scientist's. She knew this as the corpse was wearing the same shirt and tie as Twilight and Solar were.

"Oh god...I think that might've been...Doctor Hammer. That or it's Doctor L. Man, I don't know whats worse. Hammer's been here a week. L's been here for years."

"Yeah...disgusting." Twilight said, taking more steps back. "Let's get moving. I don't want to keep looking at that."

Twilight moved before Solar could answer. Solar just straightened his tie, and kept going.

In the midst of a hall, they finally reached the Heavy Containment Zone.

"This is where Dash said she was. The Maintenance tunnels are in this area." Solar opened the door with his card.

Walking through quite a few halls, they saw somepony go into a door. "Be careful." said Solar. He moved with a bit more stealth.

Slowly and carefully, Solar opened the door. They saw the chamber.

SCP-012

Object Class: Euclid

Cognitohazard

"Where did he go?" Solar asked Twilight.

"In there." Twilight pointed to SCP-012's containment chamber.

Solar opened the door with his keycard and slid it back into his pant pocket.

Very slowly, they crept down the stairs. The light from inside showed a shadow. The shadow appeared to be reading something, with a slip of paper in it's hand.

The shadow shrugged and tossed the paper. It pulled out a radio from it's pocket, and began to flip through the channels.

Channel-1 was just static. He flipped to Channel-2 and it was just a repeat of the site lockdown alarm. Channel-3 seemed to be a series of pre-recorded messages, with a cheerful tune in the background. Channel-4 was static, and so was Channel-5.

"Okay, ready? I'm gonna show myself and ask who he is." whispered Solar.

"Ready." Twilight nodded.

Solar turned the corner at the bottom of the stairs and turned the corner. he suddenly showed a look of surprise. The shadow turned around, spotting Solar.

"Stop right there!" Solar yelled. The shadowy figure stepped back. Curious, Twilight walked around the corner to see the shadowy figure.

Twilight did not expect this.

It was D-9341!

The changeling seemed to be afraid of Solar, but was surprised to see Twilight.

"Don't move." Solar said, approaching D-9341.

It looked as if D-9341 was about to run, but the containment door to SCP-012's chamber suddenly opened. Everyone turned towards the door. A red light illuminated from the chamber.

D-9341 started to walk to inside the chamber at a hauntingly slow pace. He didn't look at Twilight or Solar.

"Oh no...He's being affected by SCP-012's cognitohazard!" Solar exclaimed.

"It's cognitohazard?" Twilight asked the griffin.

"Yes." Solar explained. "Almost anypony who goes near it will attempt to...finish the composition."

"What's so bad about that?" she asked.

"It's bad as in, they'll slit their wrists open and attempt to write it with their own blood. It causes massive blood loss and mental trauma."

Oh, man.

D-9341 was almost at the podium in which SCP-012 was held. He looked almost possessed.

D-9341 was about to open his wrist when Twilight shouted something.

"Quarrel!"

D-9341 froze. He craned his head back to Twilight.

"You...You know my name?" D-9341-or Quarrel-said in disbelief.

"Yes, yes I do." Twilight stated. Solar was staring at her. "Your name is Quarrel Exvan, 29 years old. You are working for us as a part of your death sentence."

Quarrel looked at her in disbelief.

"I read your personal file." Twilight told him. "Now why don't you come out of there and we'll talk."

Truthfully, Twilight did read his file. All Class-D personnel are given a personal file, they just didn't know it.

Quarrel stared at her for a moment, and then tried to resist 012's effect. It took a while, but Quarrel eventually was able to drag himself away from SCP-012.

"Alright. Is D-9341 coming with us?" Solar asked.

"If he wants to. Do you want to, Quarrel?" Twilight asked the changeling.

"Sure. You guys probably know this place better then I do. This place is a maze." he replied. Twilight heard the sound of a liquid drop below her. She looked down to see a small pool of blood below Quarrel. Then another drop fell to the floor.

"Oh my gosh! Your arm!" Twilight exclaimed.

Quarrel's arm was sporting a slight cut. Not major, but still a cut.

"You're going to have to patch that cut up, buddy." Solar stated matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, I know." Quarrel replied.

"Wait, how did you even get this far anyways?" Solar asked the changeling.

"I was testing with one of those things. It was 173, I think."

"Did anyone else survive the test?" Solar asked.

"Uh, not sure. The other two guys who were told to go in with me died too. Something was wrong with the door. One of the guys said that he didn't like what was happening.

Another guy, the one who was the closet to 173 died first. He then killed the other guy. I got out before it got me. The security guard died too.

After that, I sprinted out of the room and saw the guard who took me there in the first place. I also saw the guy who was controlling the test. 173 was there. I saw the scientist guy tell the guard to look behind him and keep looking. They backed out of the room safely."

"Hmm...The only man who was testing on SCP-173 at the time of the breach was Security Chief Marksman. Can you describe what the scientist looked like?"

"Uh...He had brown eyes and a brown coat. He looked a little old." Quarrel described.

"Yep, that was Marksman." Solar agreed. "Do you have anything on you?"

"Uh yeah. Not much though." The changeling started to remove the things from his pockets. He had quite a few things. A Level-3 keycard, the document on SCP-173, a gas mask that he put on the desk when he entered 012's chamber, and a radio.

Apparently, he had no idea what "not much" meant.

"Where did you get all this stuff?" Solar asked.

"Well, I got the key card through 914. The radio, 173 file, and the mask I found."

"Didn't you look for help?" Solar asked.

"Hell, I tried. The scientist guy, or 'Marksman' or whatever his name is left me alone. I saw a scientist and a janitor, but before they could help me, they'd have been killed already by 173.

I saw another guard go in an elevator. He went in too fast. But I opened it up not long after and saw the thing filled with blood."

"I guess it makes sense that you went solo." Solar said.

"Right. Can we get goin' now? The more we talk, the more blood I lose."

Author's Note:

This was a good chapter. I'm proud!