• Published 2nd Jun 2012
  • 796 Views, 71 Comments

Bites Of The Dead - Vinyls_Account

  • ...
5
 71
 796

Decisions

Apple Jack laid beside Apple Bloom, stroking her mane. "What happened? All this time Ah thought you..." She trailed off.

Apple Bloom looked longingly at her sister. "Us Crusaders went to get our cutie marks in beastie hunting... We failed again."

Apple Jacked jumped in realization. "Y-your friends, where are your friends?" She asked. "Where's Sweetie Belle and Scootalo?

"They... They fell down." Apple Bloom said tiredly. "Ah... Ah kept running." She started to cry. "Ah... Ah abandoned my friends... Ah'm horrible." She tried to stand up. "Ah... Need... To... Help... Them."

Apple Jack moved her back down. "No, Apple Bloom, you can't."

"Why not?" Apple Bloom asked. "Are they dead?"

Apple Jack was thrown back by this question. "N- NO!" She finally answered. "...no, they’re fine, they’re just... going to sleep now. Ah bet you're a might tired too, you should get some rest, I'll see you in the morning."

"Oh." Apple Bloom said weakly. "That's good. Ah guess Ah am tired, good night sister."

"Ah love you." Apple Jack whispered. "Ah love you so much."

"Ah love you too sis." Apple Bloom closed her eyes. "Good night," she said as her last breath escaped her lungs.

"Good night lil' sis... I'll always love you." apple Jack concluded. She hung her head over Apple Bloom as if to cry.

Rainbow Dash's pained face became unbearable to look at. Twilight walk over to Apple Jack and put her hoof across her back and around her shoulder, in a semi hug.

"I'm so sorry Apple Jack." she comforted. "You must feel terrible right now."

Apple Jack remained motionless, as if the full blow of Apple Blooms death hadn't set in yet. Everything was quiet. Finally Apple Jack stood up, moving Twilight leg off of her.

"Ah'm fine." She said quietly. "We need to go... I saw a small group of 'dem beasties roaming around..." Apple Jack started to walk away, her head hung slightly, and her eyes closed. "Who knows where 'dey are right now."

Rainbow Dash finally opened her eyes, just to look in shock at the seemingly ok pony, Twilight did the same.

"A-Apple Jack." Twilight said consciously. "Are... Are you sure you're ok?"

"Ah’m fine!" Apple Jack defended.

"Bu-but your sister..." Twilight said confused.

"No point over crying over spilled milk!" She yelled out as she started to run.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash were in disbelief. They kept turning their heads to each other and back to Apple Jack trying to figure out what they exactly heard.

"I... What?" Rainbow Dash finally spoke.

"I... I don't know... I just don't know." Twilight admitted.

Apple Jacked yelled at the two lagging ponies. "Hurry up ya lazy bones!"

At hearing that both Twilight and Rainbow Dash got their bearings back. They dashed to Apple Jack, who was running slower so they could catch up. Apple Jack tried to make conversation.

"So, Rainbow Dash," Apple Jack inquired. "It seems you've gotten over your hate for Twilight, am Ah right?"

"Yep!" Twilight answered happily in Rainbow Dash’s place. "Everything is cleared up, and we're back to being sisters again!"

"I still blame you, you know." Rainbow Dash blurted out.

"... Waitwha?" Twilight said quickly after realizing what Rainbow Dash still said.

"Yeah, I meant what I said back there." Rainbow Dash put it bluntly. "It's just that now, I know that you understand about Fluttershy just as much as you do me, so I forgive you!" She said smiling at Twilight. "Well, forgive is too strong of a word, I can't forgive you for letting Fluttershy die, but I can look past it... Whatever the word for that is."

"Oh... I see" Twilight said with a confused smile.

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash yelled. "We are still sisters!"

Twilight’s confused smile turned into a real one. "Thank you, Rainbow," she said simply

Rainbow Dash replied with a warm smile. They looked forward expecting to dash off with their new found energy. That idea was quickly slashed when they saw Apple Jack ahead of them running with her head hung low.

For such a smart girl. Twilight thought to herself. That was such a dumb move... She decided to try and talk to Apple Jack. "Apple..." was all she got out.

"Ah’m Fine!" Apple Jack interrupted with an annoyed tone.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash stared at each other with worry.

"Let’s hurry up... Rarity and Pinkie Pie must be worrying about us by now..." Apple Jack said.

***

Exiting the forest, Twilight told the others to be careful.

"Who knows how many of those dogs are out here now," she reasoned, although she hadn't seen any yet.

They ran slower than they did in the forest, because they were tired, and so that if they needed to run the other way quickly, they would have plenty of energy left. The three weren't talking at all, there was an eerie silence, almost as if time stopped around them, and they were moving through a frozen field. Then they started to hear a sound, it was very faint, and barely audible, but then it started to get progressively louder. Twilight recognized what it was first.

"They're doing it again... same as when Fluttershy died. They're howling." Twilight said with a low tone.

"What does that mean?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I don't know... But it’s a lot farther away this time... almost as if there leaving this place!" Twilight realized.

"Why would dey do that?" Apple Jack asked.

"Think about it!" Twilight said with a very happy face. "We are the only ponies left in Ponyville, they've ran out of food and are going to a place where there's more, it's simple animal instinct!"

"So where do you think they're going?" Rainbow Dash asked,

"To a place with the most food!" In saying that Twilight smiley face became a frown of horror. "Canterlot," she breathed. She started to run again, to the library. Rainbow Dash and Apple Jack followed.

"What's wrong with that?" Rainbow Dash wondered. "That place is a fortress, and they have your brother there to put up barriers like he did when the changelings attacked. Granted, he failed last time, but that was because they drained his power, but I doubt these things can steal love like they can."

"Even so," Twilight argued. "He's still weak from that time; it was only three months ago, and who knows if he's even alive still." Twilight flinched realizing what she said. "So the barrier is going to fail soon, and with all the dogs moving there from the Everfree forest, and who knows where else in Equestria, how long do you think they can last? They need us, we are the elements!"

"But what can we do?" Apple Jack asked. "Fluttershy's gone, without all six, we can't do no big magic beam thing."

"As true as that is," Twilight answered. "the elements, when on the right ponies, will give immense magical strength to the holder. Even an earth pony like you, Apple Jack, could have magic capabilities that can rival me now."

"Oh," Apple Jack said in awe. "That does sound mighty fun."

Twilight gave a slight chuckle.

"So," Rainbow Dash concluded. "If Apple Jack can have the abilities you do now, you must be really scary with the element on then."

"That's right," Twilight said proudly. "Of course I haven't had the time to test it out, but if my calculations are correct, than I should have the power to rival even Celestia."

"No way!" Rainbow Dash imagined the destructive power.

"Way." Twilight giggled. "But again, I haven't had the time to test it out, so this is all simple assumptions. Now come on girls, let’s hurry to the library,” she said with a hopeful smile as she started to sprint.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of you might think this chapter is short, but it's 4 in the morning, and I won’t have time to work on this till probs next weekend, after exams are over, so I hope you're not too disappointed.

SHOUT OUTS!!!!

Thank you to: Ponified_Dread for faving this, it really means a lot to me!

Special thanks to: SpikeThePony of Funny Junk for proof reading this chapter!