• Published 25th May 2012
  • 962 Views, 14 Comments

Pony Diaries - Mitslits



When Janice is turned into a pony she wakes up not knowing where she is or how she got there. She soon finds out that being a cartoon, non-a

  • ...
13
 14
 962

Pony Diaries 7

Pony Diaries 7

January 20

I am hyperventilating. I guess I should have seen it coming. All the time together. The rose. Hehe. I am stupid. Life isn't worth living. I wish I had never come here. It only hurts me.

(Flashback)

January 15-17

Bon Bon and First Light went out alone today. I was sick and I wanted them to. Now I'm rethinking it. I trust Bon Bon and all, but First Light is really very attractive. I'm sorry, but I am too sick to continue writing at the moment.

Sweet Starshine

January 18

A rose. He gave her a rose. Bon Bon and First Light went off again without me. I'm still ill. When she returned she held a rose in her teeth. I groaned. I guess they are better for each other. After all, I'm not really even a pony.

Sweet Starshine

(Present)

Yeah. Disaster has struck. I can't believe my stupid luck. Oh. There's a knock at the door.

Sweet Starshine

January 24

That was...interesting. Wow. I love Ponyville! And I love First Light. Oh... But now you must be confused. The above entry was rather, er, depressing. Anyway, I'll explain!

I got up to get the door and it was First Light. "Hello!" he said. "Is Bon Bon here? Are you feeling better?"

I pondered the order of those questions. How to answer? "Yes, Bon Bon is here. No, I'm not, thanks for asking", I answered coldly. "Bon Bon, you have a guest!" I called up to her.

First Light glanced at me and then smiled at Bon Bon as she came down. "Ready to go?" When she nodded, he led her out and away from me.

I decided enough was enough. I ventured out of the house and visited Twilight. I knocked on the door and waited. And waited. And waited some more.

A yellow pegasus with pink butterflies as her cutie mark came by at that moment.

I didn't know her, but I wanted to know where Twilight was. "Um, excuse me?" I began tentatively. "Do you know where Twilight Sparkle is?"

She whimpered, but she landed in front of me. "Um, she's, she's at Zecora's hut", she whispered. "In the Everfree Forest." She flinched as if I had hit her and then took off.

I followed her with my eyes. "Where's the Everfree Forest?" I muttered to myself.

Three small foals, one orange, one yellow, and one white, zipped up to me as if I had done a magnetism spell. Oddly, they didn't have cutie marks. "Who are you guys?" I asked them.

All three of them yelled "We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders!"

The orange one with a pink mane stepped forwards. "We know where Zecora is! We can take you there and be..." she trailed off with a thoughtful look.

The white one sprang up to stand in front. "We could be Cutie Mark Crusader Tour Guides!" she suggested. The other two immediately latched on to this idea.

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER TOUR GUIDES YAY!" they screamed at the top of their lungs.

I blinked in shock. "As long as you three can get me there, I'm good", I told them. They took off and I followed after them. "So what are your names anyway?" I asked the trio of fillies.

"Apple Bloom", the yellow one said. She pointed to the white unicorn. "Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo", she said, pointing to the orange pegasus too. "We will do anything to get our cutie marks."

By now, we were traveling in a deep, dark, forbidding forest. I glared around me as the darkness grew deeper. "Oh, for crying out loud", I said as it became pitch black.

"Uh, I think we're lost", Sweetie Belle said. "I can't see anything."

I lit the way with a glowing horn. "Better?" I asked her. All three nodded and we continued on. Soon we came upon a small hut with a zebra outside.

"Howdy, Zecora!" Apple Bloom exclaimed. "We've brought a visitor!"

Zecora smiled a the foals. "Ah, yes, that I can see." She looked at me. "What is it you want from me?"

"Do you have anything to cure sickness?" I asked hopefully.

She nodded and led me into her hut. "Sicknesses are easy to cure. Please drink this and then wait here." Zecora slid over a drink and then exited her hut.

I poured it down my throat and instantly felt better. I waited until the zebra returned and then thanked her. I left soon after that. Outside, I walked back to Ponyville with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Once we got back to the town I left them and made my way to the usual field. No one was there. I hung my head and flew up into the air. Zooming around, I scanned the ground for any sign of Bon Bon or First Light. I finally saw First Light at flower stall. I alighted and watched him.

First Light noticed me and trotted over with a flower in his teeth. "Have you seen Bon Bon around?" he asked.

I whipped my head around to face him. "No, I haven't! I haven't seen you around either! But you wouldn't care about that would you?" I glared at him.

He stumbled backwards, dropping the rose. First Light seemed stunned for a moment. Then he grew angry. "Actually I would. In fact, this rose was for you! But you just assumed I was going to give it to Bon Bon." He glared at me this time.

"Duh! You gave her one the other day!" I shouted. By this time other ponies were staring. I didn't care. "I know why you've been spending so much time with her!"

"Because you were sick!" he yelled right back at me. "And the rose-", he stopped short. "You know, forget it. Look, I'm sorry okay? I promise I'll spend more time with you now that you seem to be feeling better. Follow me." He led me into a more private spot. "I love you, okay? Get that into your head. I've loved you since that first day. You're the most beautiful pony I've ever seen. Bon Bon's just a friend." First Light stepped forwards.

I wasn't rational. I stepped backwards. "No! I don't forgive you. Just run to Bon Bon! I won't stop you. I know you love her, not me!" After I delivered this crushing rejection, I spread my wings and took flight, almost enjoying the way he flinched in pain as I left. I flew furiously through the town, my eyes roving over Ponyville, searching out Bon Bon. I spotted her near Sugarcube Corner and landed in an alleyway. "Bon Bon!" I called her over.

She trotted up to me, all smiles, a rose in her teeth. Bon Bon set it down as she came up to me. "What's up, Starshine?" she asked.

"Where did you get that?" I asked, voice dangerously low, as I pointed a hoof at the rose. "Did First Light give it to you?"

Bon Bon laughed. "First Light? Why would he give me a rose? He loves you, you know." She glanced at my angry expression and I could tell she was confused.

"If he didn't give you a rose, then who did?" I demanded of her.

She blushed. "Well, ah, a pony named Caramel gave it to me." She perked up. "He's been giving me roses all week! Haven't you seen them? I walked right past you with one the other day." She shrugged.

My eyes widened. Oh no. This had all been a horrible mistake. I had to find First Light. Without any explanation to Bon Bon I took off, wings flapping furiously. How could I have been so blind? I sped up.

Twenty minutes later I hadn't found him. I had searched over all of Ponyville. I recruited Bon Bon, explaining everything to her. She took off towards Canterlot and I headed to a desert-y part of Equestria. I spotted something in the distance. Could it be? As I got nearer I realized it was! I drew a breath to call out his name, then I noticed what he was doing.

He was standing on a cliff, over a huge canyon. About to jump. I raced forwards, pleading with him in my mind not to do it. He did it anyway.

"NO!" I screamed. I threw myself forwards, flying as fast as I possibly could. He plummeted towards the earth. I tucked my wings back and pointed my hooves straight in front of me. My eyes narrowed into slits, but I wasn't going fast enough. I pushed myself further. No good. My wings flapped even harder. I envisioned him hitting the bottom. That did it. A cone of air formed around me. Some part of me realized that Bon Bon was hovering above me, having come along at some point. She gasped, but I concentrated on First Light. The cone of air tightened and I zoomed forwards, trailing a rainbow. I didn't even care. I barely caught him and pulled up in time. We zipped over Bon Bon's head and I raced back to Equestria, still trailing a rainbow.

First Light was gaping at me in amazement. I finally landed outside my house and set First Light down. That's when it hit me. I was the second pony in history to have performed a Sonic Rainboom. And only Bon Bon had been watching. But my rainbow told the truth. I had done it. Then I looked at First Light and all other thoughts flew out of my head. "I love you", I told him. "And I've been such an idiot. You probably can't put up with me after-"

He had silenced me by putting a hoof to my lips. He whispered in my ear. "I forgive you." Then he kissed me. First Light kissed me.

A goofy grin appeared on my face as he pulled away. "I love you", he told me. Then Bon Bon, First Light and I entered the house. Ponyville is amazing. So are my friends.

Sweet Starshine