• Published 22nd Oct 2015
  • 4,638 Views, 248 Comments

Sunset Shimmer and the Land of Pokémon - The Skyrunner



Sunset Shimmer wakes up in a strange new world. Can she find a way home?

  • ...
8
 248
 4,638

Paralogue 2

“Rainbow Dash! Where are you?” Spike called out, the small dragon wandering through the southern part of Ponyville. He was constantly looking towards the skies, trying to catch any sort of prismatic head or tail of his friend. “Ugh. Why can we never find her when it’s not an emergency? She’s the second most colorful pony I know! It shouldn’t take this long to find her!” Spike was in luck, however, when he looked up. Above in the sky, two prismatic streaks flew past, creating identical multicolored contrails.

Up in the clouds, Rainbow ‘Danger’ Dash was racing a worthy opponent. She has never been this matched in speed with a pony ever since she raced Lightning Dust at the academy. And now, she might actually lose. Her opponent? She turned her head to the right, seeing a reflection of herself. Only there was no mirror present this high in the air – she was quite literally racing herself across the sky. “I don’t know what your deal is but I’m not going to lose to you, you imposter!” She shouted, grabbing the other mare’s attention.

The reflection looked back. “Who are you calling the imposter? You’re the second Rainbow Dash here! I’m the better one!” She said, calling her clone out on this dare. “I just waltzed on over to this world, trying to find my missing friend, and all of a sudden one of you is trying to copy me! I knew I was awesome, but I’m awesome enough to get fans across two worlds!” She flapped her wings harder, getting more and more speed. After finding out she could Pony Up at almost any time, Rainbow Dash got as much practice as she could with her wings. It felt a little too natural for her, which was why she was so good at flying in her new form.

“Why you…!” The first Rainbow Dash said, slamming into her rival. The other slammed back, trying to knock her out of the air. They clashed and fought in the sky, the twin contrails behind them becoming ever more entangled. Eventually, they grappled each other in the sky, no longer paying attention to where they were flying. Spike watched as the two of them flew towards the large crystal-like structure on the other side of town.

Meanwhile, Princess Twilight was watching as her friends from the other world got accustomed to their new bodies. Pinkie was the fastest learner, picking up on how to trot, gallop, and even hop as her counterpart did. Applejack was next, having raised horses on her farm so she already knew how they moved. The other three weren’t doing as well as them, but had a slow but secure walk down in no time. “Alright, girls, you’re doing just fine. I think you’ll all be alright if we go to look for…” She was interrupted as the window of the room crashed inward, a singular pegasus falling into the room. “…Rainbow Dash.”

“Landsake’s, Sugarcube!” Applejack said, trotting over. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine, Applejack. Listen, everypony, there’s this weird doppelganger of me, flying as fast as me outside! Twilight, just what is going on?” Rainbow said, turning to the unicorn in question. “I mean, I don’t think she’s a changeling, she was too fast, but… wait, Twilight? When did you start wearing glasses? And where are your wings?” She immediately got a little too close to the lavender mare, pressing her forehead against hers. “Just who the hay are you and what happened to-“

“RAINBOW DASH!”

“Oh, hey Twilight.” Rainbow replied to the thoroughly annoyed princess. “I was just, uh, checking out this incredibly suspicious mare here! She looks just like you! But with a less awesome mane style. I mean, a bun? That’s like, really low on the coolness scale. Like mullets.”

Princess Twilight slapped her forehead with a hoof. “Alright, so we have the Dash of my world. Rainbow Dash, meet Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight. They’re my friends from Canterlot High I told you about.” The princess turned towards the group. “Friends, this is the Rainbow Dash that lives here.” The five humans-turned-pony smiled and approached their friend’s doppelganger.

“Wait, whoa.” Rainbow said, turning to the Alicorn in the room. “They’re from the human world you told us about? Why do they all have the same names as us?” She looked at the five again. “Wait… that other me… was she from that world too?” A nod came from Alicorn Twilight. “Ah, crud. We were racing, and fighting, and we kicked off each other mid-flight. I ended up crashing through your window, but…”

“Darling,” Rarity said, walking up to the prismatic pegasus. “What exactly happened to our Rainbow?”

“She went flying towards the Everfree Forest.” Rainbow Dash said. “Aw, horseapples. Now we need to go and get her, now don’t we, Twilight?”

“Yes, Dash.” Twilight said. “I’ll help my friends here to the edge of the forest. You go and get the others. Chances are, with our combined parties, we’ll find her in no time.” She thought for a second, then pulled a few strands of blue ribbon from a shelf nearby, and tied them around the CHS group’s forelegs. “That will come in handy later. There’s two of everypony now.”


Inside a castle in the middle of the Everfree Forest, dust that hadn’t been disturbed in a thousand years suddenly was. A multicolored rocket blew through a window, crashing on the ancient tables in the large room. Dust flew into the air, re-coating everything in a fine layer. “Uhh, my head…” Rainbow Dash said to herself, getting shakily to her newfound hooves. She slowly walked around, glancing at the walls and old paintings on them. “Whoa, is this some sort of old castle? Awesome.”

She wandered down the hallways of the old palace, believing herself to be a pony version of Daring Do, the famous explorer. Rainbow Dash had watched all of her movies, and was pretty much her #1 fan, at least amongst the Canterlot High population. She envisioned ancient traps and treasures weren’t hard to come by, and she was steadily moving down in the more basement levels of the structure. What startled her down here wasn’t the old suits of pony armor. It was the laughing she suddenly heard coming from a room down the hallway she was in.

“What the…?” Rainbow muttered to herself, slowly walking towards the sound. It was coming from behind a slightly open door, and she peeked into the room. Inside was a large pile of ancient jewels and gold, lit by four shining torches. However, what drew her attention was the odd creature in the center of the room.

“Oh, her face was priceless! This world is just too much fun!” Came the voice of a young boy. It was coming from a small creature that looked kind of like a zebra, and obviously a child. His ears were pierced with two gold rings, and his left foreleg and right hind leg also had golden bands running down them. His coat, instead of being black-and-white striped, was striped with purple and grey. The stripes converged into what looked like a very intricate design on his flank. “I really should come here more often. Too bad dad doesn’t like us going off on our own all the time.”

It was at this moment his green eyes locked onto the door, only to see a flash of rainbow color. Smirking, he approached the door and flung it open, revealing Rainbow Dash. “Uhh… hello there…” She said, trying to back away.

“Hey! How did you find my secret hideout?” The colt said, running up to her. “You gotta be pretty smart to have found it.”

Rainbow shook her head. “I just followed your laughing, squirt.” She replied, causing the colt to laugh again. “It’s not that hard to figure out where something is with that flying through the air. Same thing goes on with me!”

“Ha!’ The young colt said. “I like you! You’re not boring like that unicorn I met. She kept going on and on about getting back home and not having time to play with me. Do you have time to play with me?” He asked, looking up to the older mare.

“Sure, squirt. I’ve got time to play.” Rainbow said. She did want to find Sunset, but taking a little time to make a kid happy isn’t bad. “What games do you know?”

“Ooh! Let’s play hide and seek! I’ll hide, and you seek! I won’t leave the castle, promise!” The colt said, jumping up and down excitably. Rainbow smiled, and covered her eyes with her hooves and started counting. The colt giggled and went to his hiding place, without passing by Rainbow at all.


“Alright, girls.” Princess Twilight said at the edge of the Everfree forest, to two groups of equines. “I’ll go over this one more time. In each world, everypony – and everybody – has a counterpart. It just so happens that I’m friends with each world’s version of you girls, as well as myself.” The ponies looked at each other one more time, each more so focused on their counterpart. Rainbow Dash, who was without a copy, simply hovered overhead, looking at the newcomers.

“Do you know what this calls for?” The human-turned-pony Pinkie said. Then, with an earsplitting cry of both pink ponies, they screamed “A double-dimension-super-terrific-new-friends-who-are-us mega-party!”

“Pinkie Pie, Ah think we’d best be waiting on that party until we’re all here.” Applejack said, the one without the ribbon on her fetlock. Both of the cotton-candy maned mares apologized.

“Now, the Everfree Forest is incredibly dangerous, so I want everypony to be careful.” Alicorn Twilight said. “That means no flying ahead, Rainbow.” The pegasus in question visibly sighed, but followed it up with an awkward-looking salute. “I have a few places I think we could look. Let’s start with Zecora. Maybe she knows something about where our friend went.”

“Wait, Zecora?” The other Twilight asked. Spike was sitting on her back, traveling with the group. Likewise, this world’s Spike was on the back of the Twilight he knew better, after meeting back up with them. “Isn’t she the kind herbalist from the more rural part of town?”

“Ah reckon so.” The Applejack from the same world said. “If our Zecora is an herbalist, it’s safe to assume the same of this world’s Zecora. Let’s all get on over to where she lives.” And so the traveling group of eleven ponies and two dragons headed into the woods.


“How can it be so hard to find a freakin’ purple horse-kid?” Rainbow muttered to herself, flying through corridors she’d already passed through to try to find him. “I mean, it’s not like he blends in with the walls or anything. He’s wearing a crap ton of gold, for crying out loud! Who even has that much?”

“I do, silly!” The colt said, seemingly materializing from the space in front of Rainbow Dash. She flew upwards into a hover to avoid his sudden appearance. “You were taking too long. I thought you stopped playing with me.”

“No, squirt.” She replied, landing in front of him. “You’re just really good at hiding.”

The colt didn’t believe her. “No, you didn’t want to play with me anymore. Nobody ever wants to play with me. They all want to get away from me, they think I’m weird. Even my family thinks that.” Rainbow was about to speak, to offer some form of comfort for the colt, but he spoke again. “Dad even took away some of my powers. Said I ‘shouldn’t have had them in the first place.’ Everyone wants to leave, and you were the same. That’s why you didn’t find me.”

“Kid, I was trying to find you! I wanted to play with you, especially a kid that looks so cool.” Rainbow said, sitting next to him. “I’d never leave someone hanging. I’m not that kind of girl.” Sudden realization hit her eyes. “But right now I am leaving one of my friends hanging. As much as I hate to do so, I do have to leave… I could come back and play with you sometime, though!”

The colt sniffed. “You won’t.” he looked up to her, his eyes changing to a dangerous yellow color. “They all say they will come back, but they don’t. You’re lying!” Magical energy filled the air as several of his rings floated off him, enlarging and filling with a purple miasma. “YOU’RE LYING! THEY ALL LIE!” And with that, a vortex started sucking in Rainbow Dash, drawing her into the ring. “NOW I’M MAKING YOU GO BYE-BYE, LIKE YOU WANT TO!” And with that, she was pulled through the portal, falling to the earth as she screamed.

Author's Note:

Well, took a little while longer for this one. Sorry about that, but enjoy actual horse activity until the next chapter rolls along!
Booster Spice: Nelson is a pretty interesting character. As for his ranking, I'd say he's about there.
HB_DS2013: This is how I reply to comments. I've found that actually commenting fills up my notifications far more than I'd like, so this is just how I do it.
Jlargent: Rocket (three separate times), Magma/Aqua, Galactic, Plasma (twice), Flare, Snagem, and Cipher (Twice). 12 times, and that's just the games!
Riku: No cookie for you. try again!
ThePatcher: He does indeed know what magic is... And he's going about this smarter than Nerd-Twilight did.


Edit: if y'all want to know what happened to human RD, check this sh*t out.