• Published 21st Oct 2015
  • 842 Views, 6 Comments

Daring Do and the City of the Dead - sonicdash123



Charming Thunder along with Danny, Applejack, Rarity, Spike, and Moondancer join Daring Do on an expedition at Haygypt to explore the ancient city of the dead called Hamunoptrot.

  • ...
21
 6
 842

Chapter 6: The Crypt

The group repelled down on the rope as Daring Do held a torch in her hoof. "Do you realize, we are standing inside a room that no one has entered in over four thousand years?" Daring Do asked.

"Is that supposed to scare me?" Charming Thunder asked. "All I see are just cob webs." Moondancer notices one of the mirrors and brushed off the cob webs. She then rearranged the mirror so the sun can reflect to the other mirrors.

"And then Celestia said let there be light," Moondancer said. The room became brighter and revealed a chamber.

"That is a neat trick," Phantom Lord said.

"This must be a preparation room," Daring Do said.

"Preparation for what?" Charming Thunder asked.

"Probably for entering the afterlife," Danny said as he let out a ghostly woo to his brother. Charming Thunder didn't like it and pushed him away a little.

"This may be the place where they make mummies as well," Moondancer added. The group entered a hallway as they followed Daring Do. Charming Thunder had his DL-44 pistol drawn as Spike had his Plasma Repeater out. They then heard something and stopped. Some of them were scarred as the rest only looked around. Once the sound faded away, Applejack began to shake with fear as she wrapped her hoof unexpectedly around Charming Thunder. She then looked at him in the eye and released him as she blushed.

"What was that?" Rarity asked.

"That sounds like....bugs," Daring Do replied. That gave Rarity the chills and stood close to Spike so he could protect her in case any bugs would come. They exit the hallway and up to the foot of an enormous half-buried statue of Anubis. "This must be the legs of Anubis. The compartment should be around here somewhere." They then heard pebbles falling and stopped to look around. Applejack looked down to see some sort of crack on the ground and decided to investigate it. It was no ordinary crack that she has seen before.

"Looks like there is more to this place," Spike said.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Charming Thunder said.

"Charming Thunder, why don't you take Moondancer, Danny, and Rarity to explore deeper into the ruins and if you find anything, contact me on your communicator," Daring Do said. "I'll stay here and read the hieroglyphics on the statue.

"You've read my mind." Charming Thunder then leads his group through the halls to explore deeper into the city and hoping to find where the pebbles land.

---------------------

Below the room where the statue is, Charming Thunder used a sledgehammer against the ceiling while Moondancer gently uses a tiny chisel to chip away. "I swear if the statue collapses over us," Charming Thunder said.

"I'm sure there is something else other than the statue aside from the book and treasure," Moondancer said. Rarity used her magic to levitate a chisel to Charming Thunder while Danny uses the sledgehammer.

"I only hope that Daring Do can find what she is looking for," Danny said.

"Don't you even think about wandering off, Danny," Charming Thunder said. "I know that you might plan on putting on another prank on me anytime soon."

"Come on. You know that I would not do that right now."

"Riiiight."

---------------------

After Daring Do found a possible spot for the secret compartment, Phantom Lord decided to use a crow bar and try to open it, but was stopped by Daring Do. "Careful, Phantom," she said. "The pharaoh was no fool to just let us get it that easily. I've heard of things like this happen before."

"Are you that worried about me or something?" Phantom Lord said. Daring Do blushed a little with that comment.

"Not really, but I have an idea. Why don't you use your grapple to pull it open from a safe distance?" Phantom Lord looked at the crow bar and back at Daring Do then removed the crow bar from the crack on the statue.

"Whatever you say." Phantom Lord and Daring Do took a few steps away from the statue and he aimed his left hoof at the statue. He then fired his grapple and begins to pull with all of his strength. Applejack and Spike helped him out and pulled the rope harder. They successfully pulled it open and were lucky to not to get hit by the trap that erupted like dust.

---------------------

Back in the room below, Rarity used her magic to play with the sledgehammer and hit pebbles like a golf club. Charming Thunder looked at some symbols on the wall as Moondancer sat with Danny explaining some things. "Let me get this straight," Danny said. "They ripped out your guts and stuffed them in jars."

"They will take out your heart as well," Moondancer added. "You know how they took out your brains?"

"Moondancer, I don't think we need to know this," Charming Thunder said. Moondancer ignored him and explained it to Danny.

"They'd take a sharp, red-hot poker, stick it up your nose, scramble things about a bit, and then rip it all out through your nostrils."

"Ouch that's gotta hurt," Danny said as he felt his nose.

"It's called mummification. You'll be dead when they do this."

"Hey Rarity, if l don't make it out of here, don't put me down for mummification," Charming Thunder said.

"Likewise," Rarity said as she hits another pebble which then caused the ceiling suddenly collapse and drop a massive stone casement. She then slowly turned to see it as the rest walked up to it.

"Is this what I think it is?" Moondancer said. "It's a sarcophagus. Buried at the base of Anubis. He was either someone of great importance. Or he probably did something very naughty." Daring Do an the others arrive to the scene. Spike was relieved to see Rarity alright while Applejack was surprised to see a sarcophagus. Moondancer cleared the sand off of it revealing a single, ominous hieroglyph.

"Who is it?" Daring Do said. Moondancer adjusted her glasses and read the symbol.

"He that shall not be named." Charming Thunder dusted off a spot which appears to be a lock.

"There's some sort of lock here," Charming Thunder said.

"Whoever's in here, sure wasn't getting out," Rarity added.

"Yup. Hopefully we can get this open if we have a key."

"A key?" Applejack said. "A key! So that's what he was talking about." She then went through the bag to take out the puzzle box and opened it.

"What do you mean?" Phantom Lord asked.

"That stallion with a hook said that he was looking for a key."

"You are a genius, Applejack," Charming Thunder said as he patted Applejack on the back.

"I hate to break it to you but...." Rarity said before she yawned. "It's probably getting late. Can we open it tomorrow?"

"We should head back to camp then," Danny said.